Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-08-2013, 12:02 PM
vitas vitas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 489
Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

So I recently heard that a venus in detriment may make the native unappealing/physically unattractive is this true? Question I have really, is do I have bad aspects to my ascendant? Also, I find that statement a bit offensive lol.. Here's my chart, what are your thoughts/views on the subject manner?






Sun 15°08' Virgo
Moon 2°36' Scorpio
Mercury 17°17' Virgo
Venus 0°33' Scorpio
Mars 16°04' Capricorn
Jupiter 18°14' Я Pisces
Saturn 3°53' Sagittarius
Uranus 18°25' Sagittarius
Neptune 3°03' Я Capricorn
Pluto 5°22' Scorpio
Chiron 21°45' Gemini
Ceres 16°01' Libra
Pallas 22°54' Virgo
Juno 6°16' Sagittarius
Vesta 19°47' Я Aries
Node 21°16' Aries
Lilith 15°43' Gemini
Fortune 27°54' Pisces
AS 15°22' Taurus
MC 26°08' Capricorn



Sun House 5
Moon House 6
Mercury House 5
Venus House 6
Mars House 9
Jupiter House 11
Saturn House 7
Uranus House 8
Neptune House 8
Pluto House 6
Chiron House 2
Ceres House 6
Pallas House 5
Juno House 7
Vesta House 12
Node House 12
Lilith House 2
Fortune House 12

House 1 15°22' Taurus
House 2 13°27' Gemini
House 3 4°59' Cancer
House 4 26°08' Cancer
House 5 21°31' Leo
House 6 27°18' Virgo
House 7 15°22' Scorpio
House 8 13°27' Sagittarius
House 9 4°59' Capricorn
House 10 26°08' Capricorn
House 11 21°31' Aquarius
House 12 27°18' Pisces


Moon Conjunction Venus Orb 2°02'
Sun Conjunction Mercury Orb 2°09'
Moon Conjunction Pluto Orb 2°46'
Venus Conjunction Pluto Orb 4°48'
Mars Conjunction MC Orb 10°04
Mercury Opposite Jupiter Orb 0°57'
Sun Opposite Jupiter Orb 3°06'
Jupiter Square Uranus Orb 0°10'
Mercury Square Uranus Orb 1°07'
Sun Square Uranus Orb 3°17'
Venus Square MC Orb 4°25'
Moon Square MC Orb 6°27'
Sun Trine AS Orb 0°14'
Mars Trine AS Orb 0°41'
Sun Trine Mars Orb 0°56'
Mercury Trine Mars Orb 1°13'
Mercury Trine AS Orb 1°54'
Moon Sextile Neptune Orb 0°27'
Mars Sextile Jupiter Orb 2°10'
Neptune Sextile Pluto Orb 2°18'
Venus Sextile Neptune Orb 2°29'
Jupiter Sextile AS Orb 2°51'
Moon SemiSquare Mercury Orb 0°18'
Sun SemiSquare Venus Orb 0°25'
Moon SemiSquare Uranus Orb 0°49'
Moon SesquiQuadrate Jupiter Orb 0°38'
Jupiter SesquiQuadrate Pluto Orb 2°07'
Moon Quintile Mars Orb 1°28'
Saturn SemiSextile Neptune Orb 0°49'
Moon SemiSextile Saturn Orb 1°16'
Saturn SemiSextile Pluto Orb 1°29'


Last edited by vitas; 10-22-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:47 PM
walkingparadox walkingparadox is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

I would say Saturn in 7th house makes you feel somehow unattractive but you should realise that by being serious about your commitments you can create stable, mature and faithful relationships. Work with that saturian energy.

Very often these people block relationships because they are frightened of becoming too deeply involved with others. They may be afraid of the degree of commitment a relationship requires, and terrified of becoming too dependent on someone else. Somehow, the mate is frequently older, more experienced, or more ambitious. These people may marry out of a sense of duty. Sometimes the mate is ill, or so heavily committed to another family or to a job or career that the relationship is not as fulfilling as they might wish.
Also sacrificing love for safety is common, which these people often call duty or parent’s choice; they may believe that they have made an advantageous choice and then finds they cannot extricate themselves when the enormity of their sacrifice becomes clear to them.
Patterns of hurt and rejection are common with Saturn in the seventh house.
Full description here :
http://divinejyotish.blogspot.com/20...7th-house.html

Most of your aspects are easy energy - 3 trines. Determinent venus doesn't mean "bad" venus. Your intense, deep, emotional for sure can attract some people with that qualities. As I mentioned saturn in 7th seems to create heavy energy on you which you should focus on.

Last edited by walkingparadox; 06-08-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 06-08-2013, 06:49 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,470
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitas View Post
So I recently heard that a venus in detriment may make the native unappealing/physically unattractive is this true? Question I have really, is do I have bad aspects to my ascendant? Also, I find that statement a bit offensive lol.. Here's my chart, what are your thoughts/views on the subject manner?



It appears that all the aspects to your Asc are what are commonly referred to as easy, sextiles or trines, with the exception of an inconjunct from Uranus, which I still would not necessarily say is bad. Perhaps it makes you appear unusual or interesting looking.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 06-09-2013, 02:15 AM
Prisma's Avatar
Prisma Prisma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 311
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

I have felt since little somewhat insecure of my looks. It got a little better when I grew up, but still, to be more confident, I need to go to the hairdresser, salon, etc, to be "made" (I also did not properly learn how to aply make up, etc). It has been something like the Cinderella effect: the humble girl secretly needs to be noticed, and if possible, "the Belle of the Ball".

I also used to say, when younger & single: "I am a diamond in the rough, he who wants me, come and find me".


My Venus? 12th house Leo. Cancer Sun, Virgo asc., Saturn in Gem.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg my chart-whiteout.jpg (87.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Prisma; 06-09-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 06-09-2013, 06:58 AM
vitas vitas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 489
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprising View Post
Not true! Cameron Diaz has her venus in scorp!
Well that answers my question lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingparadox View Post
I would say Saturn in 7th house makes you feel somehow unattractive but you should realise that by being serious about your commitments you can create stable, mature and faithful relationships. Work with that saturian energy.

Very often these people block relationships because they are frightened of becoming too deeply involved with others. They may be afraid of the degree of commitment a relationship requires, and terrified of becoming too dependent on someone else. Somehow, the mate is frequently older, more experienced, or more ambitious. These people may marry out of a sense of duty. Sometimes the mate is ill, or so heavily committed to another family or to a job or career that the relationship is not as fulfilling as they might wish.
Also sacrificing love for safety is common, which these people often call duty or parent’s choice; they may believe that they have made an advantageous choice and then finds they cannot extricate themselves when the enormity of their sacrifice becomes clear to them.
Patterns of hurt and rejection are common with Saturn in the seventh house.
Full description here :
http://divinejyotish.blogspot.com/20...7th-house.html

Most of your aspects are easy energy - 3 trines. Determinent venus doesn't mean "bad" venus. Your intense, deep, emotional for sure can attract some people with that qualities. As I mentioned saturn in 7th seems to create heavy energy on you which you should focus on.

Hmm very interesting description, it says often those with saturn in the 7th house deals with patterns of rejection, how so? If my aspects to ascendant are easy & chart ruler is venus, shouldn't I be attracting many many women & not get rejected, is this energies being exerted by me or energies coming towards me? Also, how do I deal with this saturn in the 7th so it can be in my favor & advantage.. It ***** to know any relations for the first 28 years of my life will be hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
It appears that all the aspects to your Asc are what are commonly referred to as easy, sextiles or trines, with the exception of an inconjunct from Uranus, which I still would not necessarily say is bad. Perhaps it makes you appear unusual or interesting looking.

You mentioned "perhaps" can you please elaborate on why it should make me look unsual or "interesting looking" and what exactly do you mean by that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
I have felt since little somewhat insecure of my looks. It got a little better when I grew up, but still, to be more confident, I need to go to the hairdresser, salon, etc, to be "made" (I also did not properly learn how to aply make up, etc). It has been something like the Cinderella effect: the humble girl secretly needs to be noticed, and if possible, "the Belle of the Ball".

I also used to say, when younger & single: "I am a diamond in the rough, he who wants me, come and find me".


My Venus? 12th house Leo. Cancer Sun, Virgo asc., Saturn in Gem.


Is that image of you? Because if so, you're very feminine looking
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 06-09-2013, 12:00 PM
byjove's Avatar
byjove byjove is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,009
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

OP - No, I really don't believe that a Venus in detriment alone could do that.

Besides, you have so many wonderful aspects to your ascendant, some of them are not just traits (e.g. Mercury trine - great communicator) but the Sun and Mars contact probably add an unmistable strong, masculinity to you and sex appeal. That's what I'd bet my money on. You have Sun and Mercury in Virgo, you have a lot of modesty about you, but with those aspects, others look at you more than once, for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Prisma's Avatar
Prisma Prisma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 311
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitas View Post
...
Is that image of you? ...
Nope!


The interesting detail here is how the Virgo/earth quality may influence the way we feel about our image: You with the Sun there and also a Asc. and Mars in earth; me with just the asc. there (but also Saturn, that even if it is in an air sign, seriousness may be one of the things that in my case is perceived also by public-10th house). Yes, it may be the modesty noticed above, but also that we are strive for an ideal, even more so in ourselves, and that sometimes makes us our own harshsest judges, even more so than with others.

In my case, it kind of depends also how I feel that day: if in one of those "off"/ lazy/ grouchy days, when things are just too much, well, sometimes I go about looking like a mess (because I just had it with it all, can not met my own ideals and well, sometimes even as a kind of rebellion). But if it would be possible, I would like to look like out of a magazine like 70 % of the time.


Quote:
... A good partnership for these people is one that is rock-solid and dependable, but the problem is that they sometimes hold onto relationships out of a sense of obligation and fear of the future. Above all they need someone they can trust and respect...
http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.com/2011/02/saturn-in-7th-house.html

Last edited by Prisma; 06-09-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Prisma, if that is a photo of YOU, then YOU are drop dead gorgeous! Stunning! The heck the astrology.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Prisma's Avatar
Prisma Prisma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 311
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

IT is Not Me.

I need to look for that model's link or something, seems like I inadvertedly gathered a "starry eyed" fan club for her here (lol).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 06-09-2013, 06:32 PM
soratothamax's Avatar
soratothamax soratothamax is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 311
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

I have Venus in Aries, the sign of masculinity, though i don't think im the worst looking, i do have issues with my femininity sometimes. i'm quite tomboyish, and Scorpio rising, so superficially, i'm uninterested. Most men aren't attracted to a girl who doesn't care about her looks, so...also my rising makes me seem mean. Men tend to like women who smile a lot.

Venus in domicile and exalted gives them pleasant, endearing, and diplomatic qualities that make them seem a bit nice. the detriments and falls on the other hand seem a bit independent, less vain, less superficial, and less kind and gentle.
less benevolent.

On the other hand, detriments are often considered hot, as they tend to be ruled by mars, the planet of sex, and truly sexiest venus of all! It's like the difference between janet jackson, rihanna and beyonce. It's like the difference between Avril Lavigne and fergie! Beyonce is beautiful, without a doubt, but janet and rihanna are spicy hot. Fergie and Avril are tomboyish, but Avril is cooler! Detriments typically support mars which is why Venus is uncomfortable there.

Last edited by soratothamax; 06-09-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: didn't finish
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Melaike's Avatar
Melaike Melaike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 215
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Venus is detriment in Aries but most Venus-Aries people I saw were attractive people.Because first of all they are warm people and second of all they have this ''I am worth being loved'' attitude.People usually like them.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:27 AM
vitas vitas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 489
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by byjove View Post
OP - No, I really don't believe that a Venus in detriment alone could do that.

Besides, you have so many wonderful aspects to your ascendant, some of them are not just traits (e.g. Mercury trine - great communicator) but the Sun and Mars contact probably add an unmistable strong, masculinity to you and sex appeal. That's what I'd bet my money on. You have Sun and Mercury in Virgo, you have a lot of modesty about you, but with those aspects, others look at you more than once, for sure.
Wow, you are 100% accurate, I am ruled by mars, I've been an athlete my whole life, train diligently they say lots of taurus ascendants are out of shape or prone to weight gain, but I take nutritional eating & fitness very seriously... Here's some pics of me:





[bare body picture not appropriate - Moderator]



Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Nope!


The interesting detail here is how the Virgo/earth quality may influence the way we feel about our image: You with the Sun there and also a Asc. and Mars in earth; me with just the asc. there (but also Saturn, that even if it is in an air sign, seriousness may be one of the things that in my case is perceived also by public-10th house). Yes, it may be the modesty noticed above, but also that we are strive for an ideal, even more so in ourselves, and that sometimes makes us our own harshsest judges, even more so than with others.

In my case, it kind of depends also how I feel that day: if in one of those "off"/ lazy/ grouchy days, when things are just too much, well, sometimes I go about looking like a mess (because I just had it with it all, can not met my own ideals and well, sometimes even as a kind of rebellion). But if it would be possible, I would like to look like out of a magazine like 70 % of the time.



http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.com/2011/02/saturn-in-7th-house.html
Interesting detailed explanation, I also feel at times I'm not "attractive" enough lol... Especially in my field, the fitness industry, those with the most aesthetic physically pleasing bodies will reign supreme lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soratothamax View Post
I have Venus in Aries, the sign of masculinity, though i don't think im the worst looking, i do have issues with my femininity sometimes. i'm quite tomboyish, and Scorpio rising, so superficially, i'm uninterested. Most men aren't attracted to a girl who doesn't care about her looks, so...also my rising makes me seem mean. Men tend to like women who smile a lot.

Venus in domicile and exalted gives them pleasant, endearing, and diplomatic qualities that make them seem a bit nice. the detriments and falls on the other hand seem a bit independent, less vain, less superficial, and less kind and gentle.
less benevolent.

On the other hand, detriments are often considered hot, as they tend to be ruled by mars, the planet of sex, and truly sexiest venus of all! It's like the difference between janet jackson, rihanna and beyonce. It's like the difference between Avril Lavigne and fergie! Beyonce is beautiful, without a doubt, but janet and rihanna are spicy hot. Fergie and Avril are tomboyish, but Avril is cooler! Detriments typically support mars which is why Venus is uncomfortable there.


I don't consider myself superficial however I must adapt to a superficial field if that makes any sense lol. Post a pic of yourself & we'll let you know? LOL... I've been told I ooze masculinity, or strong aura/pressence,. must be the venus in scorpio in action lol. I like your in depth analysis though makes perfect sense, & honestly I'm sick and tired of everyone always saying taurus ascendants are fat lol...

Last edited by vitas; 04-25-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:29 AM
vitas vitas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 489
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaike View Post
Venus is detriment in Aries but most Venus-Aries people I saw were attractive people.Because first of all they are warm people and second of all they have this ''I am worth being loved'' attitude.People usually like them.

I'm not an aries? Although I am an aries north node lol.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Melaike's Avatar
Melaike Melaike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 215
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitas View Post
I'm not an aries? Although I am an aries north node lol.
İt wasn't about your chart.I answered the title of the thread.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:37 AM
vitas vitas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 489
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaike View Post
İt wasn't about your chart.I answered the title of the thread.

You're one of my favorite posters melaike, what's your thoughts on venus in detriment?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 06-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Melaike's Avatar
Melaike Melaike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 215
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

I don't believe that Venus in detriment makes people ugly/unattractive.Because you don't always need Venus' influence to be attractive(especially Men).Besides Venus' position,the house it resides,it's aspects all of them should be considered together.

For instance in your chart we see your Scorpio Venus conjunct Moon and Moon represents your relationship with women.As I told many times before Moon-Venus conjunction makes you attractive to women and it's more important then your Venus being in detriment.

Also astrology doesn't work this way.Jupiter represents luck when it's in a bad position it doesn't make you unlucky.The same way Venus represents attractiveness when it's badly positioned it doesn't make you unattractive.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 06-10-2013, 01:13 AM
soratothamax's Avatar
soratothamax soratothamax is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 311
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitas View Post
Wow, you are 100% accurate, I am ruled by mars, I've been an athlete my whole life, train diligently they say lots of taurus ascendants are out of shape or prone to weight gain, but I take nutritional eating & fitness very seriously... Here's some pics of me:





[bare body picture not appropriate - Moderator]





Interesting detailed explanation, I also feel at times I'm not "attractive" enough lol... Especially in my field, the fitness industry, those with the most aesthetic physically pleasing bodies will reign supreme lol.





I don't consider myself superficial however I must adapt to a superficial field if that makes any sense lol. Post a pic of yourself & we'll let you know? LOL... I've been told I ooze masculinity, or strong aura/pressence,. must be the venus in scorpio in action lol. I like your in depth analysis though makes perfect sense, & honestly I'm sick and tired of everyone always saying taurus ascendants are fat lol...
I look like a 12 year old, though im 23, im too ashamed of my looks, and shy. Maybe it's all those trines...
enough about me, you're very attractive! no worries!

Last edited by wilsontc; 06-10-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 06-10-2013, 01:32 AM
vitas vitas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 489
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaike View Post
I don't believe that Venus in detriment makes people ugly/unattractive.Because you don't always need Venus' influence to be attractive(especially Men).Besides Venus' position,the house it resides,it's aspects all of them should be considered together.

For instance in your chart we see your Scorpio Venus conjunct Moon and Moon represents your relationship with women.As I told many times before Moon-Venus conjunction makes you attractive to women and it's more important then your Venus being in detriment.

Also astrology doesn't work this way.Jupiter represents luck when it's in a bad position it doesn't make you unlucky.The same way Venus represents attractiveness when it's badly positioned it doesn't make you unattractive.
True lol, thanx for enlightening me, I remember everything you say although I may not truly understand the concepts or ideals its still within the memories for future reference..


Quote:
Originally Posted by soratothamax View Post
I look like a 12 year old, though im 23, im too ashamed of my looks, and shy. Maybe it's all those trines...
enough about me, you're very attractive! no worries!

Thanx lol, I'm the opposite most people think I look older than my actual age however I heard that's usually the case with taurus ascendants.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Quixotic's Avatar
Quixotic Quixotic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 201
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

I think you'd have to have some nasty aspects going to the ascendant.. but at the same time, I have not only my sun, but neptune and uranus all square my ascendant. And this is what I look like.



It hasn't messed with my actual appearance, but people perceieve me as something I'm not. The outside doesn't reflect the inside. Its really difficult to pinpoint what aspects can effect our actual appearance, a lot of it has to do with the fact that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are rising signs that are traditionally more attractive than others though! Libra rising is thought to be the most attractive.
Also, your ascendant is ruled by Venus, the sign of beauty. It makes sense why you are attractive with that, and the multiple trines to your ascendant.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quixotic For This Useful Post:
StillConfused (10-22-2013)
  #20  
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:40 PM
walkingparadox walkingparadox is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitas View Post
Hmm very interesting description, it says often those with saturn in the 7th house deals with patterns of rejection, how so? If my aspects to ascendant are easy & chart ruler is venus, shouldn't I be attracting many many women & not get rejected, is this energies being exerted by me or energies coming towards me? Also, how do I deal with this saturn in the 7th so it can be in my favor & advantage.. It ***** to know any relations for the first 28 years of my life will be hell...
As Ascendant tells about qualities you show outside, your public mask, person mainly at first sight I suppose you may attract many women. However when a chance to build a bridge with someone, spend time in intimacy especially with opposite sex appears which involves deeper commitment saturian influences should be visible. I'm also a person with Saturn in 7th house. From my point of view this first 28 years could be perceive as hell because many people at young age are often very fun and adventure-loving. They don't care much about responsibility and stability so person with saturn in 7th may feel inadequate to his/her age as though not many natives see relationships as serious as he/she does. But as age-mates become older they are showing more down-to-earth attitude so getting along with them looks much easier. IMO rejection is mainly an effect of that different attitudes. Although I've been rejected twice and got hurt deeply, from time perspective I honestly consider that boys behaviours superficial (they were attracted to appearance not personality or intelligence) but I guess you hide yours fears about relationships under aloof, cold, detached image which may also scare off partners. Am I right? However if you feel it concers to you just try to be more warm and open in communication and expressing your emotiones to people who looks proper in your mind. Probably it won't be easy to relax and feel comfortable but it comes more natural towards people you can instinctivily trust.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:22 AM
vitas vitas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 489
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
I think you'd have to have some nasty aspects going to the ascendant.. but at the same time, I have not only my sun, but neptune and uranus all square my ascendant. And this is what I look like.



It hasn't messed with my actual appearance, but people perceieve me as something I'm not. The outside doesn't reflect the inside. Its really difficult to pinpoint what aspects can effect our actual appearance, a lot of it has to do with the fact that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are rising signs that are traditionally more attractive than others though! Libra rising is thought to be the most attractive.
Also, your ascendant is ruled by Venus, the sign of beauty. It makes sense why you are attractive with that, and the multiple trines to your ascendant.

Well well well, hellooo beautiful, well you look very feminine & pretty What's your venus in, moon sign & sun sign btw? oh & ascendant?


Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingparadox View Post
As Ascendant tells about qualities you show outside, your public mask, person mainly at first sight I suppose you may attract many women. However when a chance to build a bridge with someone, spend time in intimacy especially with opposite sex appears which involves deeper commitment saturian influences should be visible. I'm also a person with Saturn in 7th house. From my point of view this first 28 years could be perceive as hell because many people at young age are often very fun and adventure-loving. They don't care much about responsibility and stability so person with saturn in 7th may feel inadequate to his/her age as though not many natives see relationships as serious as he/she does. But as age-mates become older they are showing more down-to-earth attitude so getting along with them looks much easier. IMO rejection is mainly an effect of that different attitudes. Although I've been rejected twice and got hurt deeply, from time perspective I honestly consider that boys behaviours superficial (they were attracted to appearance not personality or intelligence) but I guess you hide yours fears about relationships under aloof, cold, detached image which may also scare off partners. Am I right? However if you feel it concers to you just try to be more warm and open in communication and expressing your emotiones to people who looks proper in your mind. Probably it won't be easy to relax and feel comfortable but it comes more natural towards people you can instinctivily trust.

Very interesting, that pretty much sums up my question lol.. Any suggestions or advisement for someone like me? LOL...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 06-11-2013, 10:39 AM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

My father has Scorpio Venus-Saturn conjunction in 7th house and he's not ever viewed relationships lightly. He was first engaged at 19 but his fiancee ran off with his best friend (probably a symptom of the 70s). He married my mother at 23 and was married to her for over 27 years. He's since been remarried for 5 years now. My dad hasn't ever viewed anything in the relationship arena to be anything but serious.

Saturn in the 7th isn't necessarily feeling inadequate in relationships... but probably marks a sense of restraint and high level of expectations when dealing with other people. I see people with 7th house Saturn as being extremely disappointed in the world because they tend to have rigid views on how others should be and have difficulty in relating to others on the general level.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
StillConfused (10-22-2013)
  #23  
Unread 06-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Quixotic's Avatar
Quixotic Quixotic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 201
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitas View Post
Well well well, hellooo beautiful, well you look very feminine & pretty What's your venus in, moon sign & sun sign btw? oh & ascendant?
Thank you!
I'm a Capricorn sun, with my moon and venus in Sagittarius. Libra rising.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 06-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Ah..... the real reason for the post finally outs!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:00 AM
vitas vitas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 489
Re: Venus in detriment makes the native ugly/unattractive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
My father has Scorpio Venus-Saturn conjunction in 7th house and he's not ever viewed relationships lightly. He was first engaged at 19 but his fiancee ran off with his best friend (probably a symptom of the 70s). He married my mother at 23 and was married to her for over 27 years. He's since been remarried for 5 years now. My dad hasn't ever viewed anything in the relationship arena to be anything but serious.

Saturn in the 7th isn't necessarily feeling inadequate in relationships... but probably marks a sense of restraint and high level of expectations when dealing with other people. I see people with 7th house Saturn as being extremely disappointed in the world because they tend to have rigid views on how others should be and have difficulty in relating to others on the general level.

Yea I'm on the same path, growing old & bitter through time & season, however I also have powerful aspects of pluto to my ascendant so I've been told, so I'm very scorpionic & self destructive from what I'm told...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
detriment, makes, native, ugly or unattractive, venus

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.