prometheus the sci fi film

*emma*

Banned
Loved the guy at the start, the first human or alien? Could never figure it out

Why did he eat that gold stuff? There is a prometheus 2 in the making apparently

Phoenix Venus

Omg i loved this movie!

That first scene in the movie was the human creation scene. He sacrificed himself in order to spread his dna onto earth. That is why the ship was moving away, and why he jumped into the river. his disentegrating body turned into what looked close to dna helixes. (there was a lot of symbolism realting to christinaity/jesus if you watch closely and this was one them... seed of life through sacrifice)

Of course, it's all just theory, as only the creator of the movie knows for sure what he was implying... so who knows.. one of the reasons why it was such a good movie was that it left room for the imagination. but there is a lot of symbolism to give clues.

Last edited:

*emma*

Banned
Hi Phoenix Venus, yea, it was a lovely movie, it got luke warm reviews at first.

If the being sacrificed hmself to spread his dna to earth, who was the other guy in the ship when they were building the universe or plotting the route to earth to destroy it? You know the scene when they were tapping buttons and planets and stars seemed to be created? there were two of them. And one survived in his pod before being found by the astronauts/robot
I agree with you its grat to leave to imagnation anyway

Phoenix Venus

Hi Phoenix Venus, yea, it was a lovely movie, it got luke warm reviews at first.

If the being sacrificed hmself to spread his dna to earth, who was the other guy in the ship when they were building the universe or plotting the route to earth to destroy it? You know the scene when they were tapping buttons and planets and stars seemed to be created? there were two of them. And one survived in his pod before being found by the astronauts/robot
I agree with you its grat to leave to imagnation anyway

I think the guy who died in the beginning might have been completely different from the other two in that scene. You will notice that the ship is different in that scene than the ship that the explorers found.

All the aliens seemed to look alike which made it a bit confusing o_O

Maybe this will help... this is the underlying theme that is subtly shown throughout the movie:

The aliens made us through sacrifice.
They sent one of their own (Jesus) down to help us.
We crucified him.
They decided to send a bioweapon to kill us because of our lack of respect for sacrifice and life.
The bioweapon ended up wiping their species out.

I certainly don't endorse this viewpoint, but i do endorse a search for a truth that is a lot more closer to this than what we are spoonfed.

Here's a good article on it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/uswn1/prometheus_everything_explained_and_analysed/

*emma*

Banned
i read a bit of that link and couldnt go on

i refuse to connect this with Jesus died for us cos we are all bad, I prefer to think any being sacrificing itself is out of love and enlifhtenment and not to feel the survicors and recipients feel GUILT all their lives LOL aka thr horriboe churches

For me its a life line not a dead line

Phoenix Venus

hmm.. i see why it some of it can seem unsettling but the guy wasn't very eloquent with describing the underlying spiritual implications of it.

I don't think it was trying to say that we are all bad or that He didn't come here out of love. If sacrifice equals the seed of life, Jesus sacrificed himself.. not for our physical lives.. we are already here.. then for what? our spiritual lives.

If you read a bit further then it talks about the way in which the bioweapon worked. It only activates through intent (which is why the andriod could touch it, he didn't have a soul.)

So it's implying that the aliens intent in wiping us out was hypocriticial, because the biowepaon wiped THEM out, meaning they are as capable as evil as we can be.

Because of the themes relating good/evil with self-sacrifice, it also showed that we are capable of good because the one character ASKED to be shot with the fire because he was diseased.

But i should add that i don't necessarily think things happened like that (though it is quite clear there is alien involvement of some form) and you certainly have the right to take a movie in whatever way you want, thats the joy of fantasy type movies :)

Last edited: