Poll: Is your rising the same as one of your parent's sun sign?

Caro

No.

I wonder if you should check sun sign of grandparents.

both my brother and I have the sun sign of paternal grandfather and grandmother respectively. I often think we are living out some of their karma.

Prisma

Yes.

My father is Virgo, I am Virgo Asc., I resemble more my father.

My son (a Virgo): his Asc. Is Libra, same as his father's Asc., same as my mother's sun.

My daughter's Asc., Cancer, is the same as my Sun.

heretolearn

I read a hypothesis that you generally get the same Asc from at least one of your parents' sun signs. Apparently, this is even a good way to verify the all-important accuracy of your birth time.

Very tempting to apply this but in your experience, does this have some degree of truth?

Just for fun, please list pros and cons from verifiable data. Thanks!

Does not apply for me at all. Even with an ascendant in the next sign, this would not apply.

Aquachime

Mother - Sun Gemini, Moon Libra, Asc Taurus
Father- Sun Pisces, Moon Cap, Asc Cancer
Sister- Sun Cancer, Moon Scorp, Asc Aqu
Me- Sun Pisces, Moon Sag, Asc Scorp or Sag

My Daughter- Sun Aries, Moon Virgo, Asc Leo
( father Sun Scorp, Moon Gemini, Asc Scorp)

Son 1- Sun Sag, Moon Leo, Asc Virgo
(father Sun Taurus, Moon Aries, Asc Leo)

Son2- Sun Virgo, Moon Pisces, Asc Sag
(father Sun Aries, Moon Taurus, Asc Sag)

My Grandson 1- Sun Leo, Moon Gemini, Asc Cap (father Sun Taurus)
My Grandson 2- Sun Pisces, Moon Aqu, Asc cancer (father Sun Taurus)

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
I read a hypothesis that you generally get the same Asc from at least one of your parents' sun signs. Apparently, this is even a good way to verify the all-important accuracy of your birth time.

Very tempting to apply this but in your experience, does this have some degree of truth?

Just for fun, please list pros and cons from verifiable data. Thanks!

Well, this isn't true for me, nor for my five siblings! None of us have the same rising sign as either of our parents sun signs...

I am Pisces rising, my Dad is Leo sun, my Mum is Capricorn sun.

Also, interestingly, we all have different sun signs - so we have 8 of the 12 sun signs represented in my family. However, I have to say, that there are some other similarities in some of our charts.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
The answer is yes for me... Capricorn Rising and my mother is a Capricorn. This is not true with either of my sibling. We were all C sections scheduled at around sunrise though.

Vagabondgirl

Not true for me and my parents. Im gemini rising with libra sun. Mum is leo rising with cancer sun and my dad has pisces sun (unknown time of birth). On the other hand I have the same rising sign as my boyfriends sun (gemini), we also share the same rising sign:smile:

I can only see my dads SN conjunct closely my IC and my mums SN conjunct my MC, related to angles of the chart.

neptunian

I have nothing similar with my dad’s chart. And with mom, just same jupiter.

My brother; gemini rising, moon aries, sun capricorn.
My father; gemini rising, moon aries, sun taurus.
My mother; sun pisces, venus aries and possibly moon aries. Ascendant is unknown.

A friend of mom; her sun leo, moon aries, ascendant is unknown
She has two sons; one has aries ascendant. One has aries sun.

Maybe not necessarily the sun signs but there might be other similar things in the charts. An example; the mother and her child have both virgo rising ( if their birthtimes are correct) their sun and moon signs are different but she has mercury in cancer, her child’s sun sign is cancer.

These are the examples came to my mind now : ) Thanks for the topic.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Well, Sag rising with Neptune conjunct it. My Mum is a Pisces Sun sign and comes from abroad from where I was born.

My dad doesn't relate to my ascendant, except that he travelled, at least when I was six years old.

Alice McDermott

It is more likely that your MC or its duad is the same as the Sun sign of one of the parents.

In my own work it is clear that the Ascendant-Descendant has a dynamic connection to the Moon, rather than the Sun. The Moon of a child will usually trigger the Ascendant-Descendant or their duads of at least one of the parents.

However, all of this depends upon the child's birth being natural, without medical assistance. If there are delays or blocks in the birth process this is less likely.

I have written about the signatures I have found here: http://aliceportman.com/natural-birth-connections/ and here: http://aliceportman.com/190/

Alice

zoumizzouzou

I just figured out my mother's birth time, and found her rising sign to be a Capricorn. My brother is a 29 something degree Cappy. So I guess this could be somewhat true. Idk about my dad's rising...

fullmoonlibra

My rising is Leo, and my mothers rising too.
My dad is Pisces Sun and I have Neptune trine Asc.
My dad has his Sun conjunct his south node, I have my Sun conjunct my north node.
Any sense?

Inline

It is more likely that your MC or its duad isthe same as the Sun sign of one of the parents.

In my own work it is clear that the Ascendant-Descendant has a dynamic connection to the Moon, rather than the Sun.

The Moon of a child will usually trigger the Ascendant-Descendant or their duads of at least one of the parents.

However, all of this depends upon the child's birth being natural, without medical assistance. If there are delays or blocks in the birth process this is less likely.

I have written about the signatures I have found here: http://aliceportman.com/natural-birth-connections/ and here: http://aliceportman.com/190/

Alice

This is similar to my experience.
I have a Cappy MC and my mother is a Capricorn Sun.
My mother is an Aries Moon and i'm Aries Rising. And I was a natural birth.

But its a bit different for my daughter...
She has a Cancer moon, conjunct my Cancer IC. She is a Libra Sun conjunct my DC. And she was a natural birth.

Alice McDermott

This is similar to my experience.
I have a Cappy MC and my mother is a Capricorn Sun.
My mother is an Aries Moon and i'm Aries Rising. And I was a natural birth.

But its a bit different for my daughter...
She has a Cancer moon, conjunct my Cancer IC. She is a Libra Sun conjunct my DC. And she was a natural birth.

Re Ascendant: Do you have the Cancer duad of Aries rising i.e. 7.5 - 10 Aries or the Capricorn duad 22.5 - 25? Or does the father have Cancer or Capricorn rising or these duads of his rising sign?

Re MC: Do you have a Libra duad on your MC or IC? Does the father have a Libra or Aries MC or duad of the MC?

Alice

Inline

Re Ascendant:

Do you have the Cancer duad of Aries rising i.e. 7.5 - 10 Aries or the Capricorn duad 22.5 - 25?

Or does the father have Cancer or Capricorn rising or these duads of his rising sign?

Re MC: Do you have a Libra duad on your MC or IC? Does the father have a Libra or Aries MC or duad of the MC?

Alice

Interesting research. But i'm not 100% sure if I got the duads right...i'll give it a try.

My MC at 16° Capricorn is the Cancer Duad of Cap rising (i think) and my daughters Moon is 16° Cancer conjunct my Cancer IC, and her father has Capricorn rising but exact birthtime is unknown - but i think after looking at transits it could be around 15-17°, the Cancer Duad of Capricorn rising or possibly 22-25° the Libra Duad of Capricorn rising...very interesting.

My Aries rising at 28° is the Pisces Duad of Aries Rising, and my daughter has Pisces Rising:smile:

Last edited:

LovelyNomad7

No, I'm a Scorpio Sun, Aries Ascendant, Gem Moon
My mother: Is a Scorpio Sun, Libra Rising, Leo Moon
My father is a Capricorn Sun, not sure about his rising or ascendant.
My younger sister is a Cancer Sun, Virgo Rising, Virgo Moon.