Saturn and kidnappings

Lin

Of course.
But not ''generally'' ---in order to have the propensity to ''kidnap'' the person would have to have some very disturbing and difficult aspects in their chart. Plus the transits to make that moment in time compelling....

LIN

dr. farr

I think saturn has more affinity to the “captured” and “false imprisonment” aspect of kidnapping, with mars more affinitive to the taking and forcing of the victim by the kidnapper(s)

david starling

Does the 2022 New Year's chart give indications of violence? The number of mass shootings in the U.S. is approaching a record high, along with the war in the Ukraine.

dr. farr

I follow the mundane teachings of modernist Charles Carter and use the winter solstice chart as the predictor of the trend of events over the forthcoming year; I’ll have to check the December 2021 solstice chart (unless you would be kind enough to post it here::biggrin:!)

JUPITERASC

I follow the mundane teachings of modernist Charles Carter
and

use the winter solstice chart
as the predictor of the trend of events over the forthcoming year;

I’ll have to check the December 2021 solstice chart

(unless you would be kind enough to post it here::biggrin:!)
by the way
Relocate the mundane chart(s) to YOUR COUNTRY
and
for maximum accuracy, use the "...foundation point..."

eg: Romania = Alba Iulia, not Bucharesti
Japan = Kyoto, not Tokyo
Spain = Toledo, not Madrid
and so on ad infinitum

Lin

Back to the original question....

This was said, ''
I think saturn has more affinity to the “captured” and “false imprisonment” aspect of kidnapping, with mars more affinitive to the taking and forcing of the victim by the kidnapper(s)''

I believe just about half of this statement. Saturn would have affinity for the captured, but the kidnapper might also be ''captured'' with the compulsion or need for power to take something for ransom....a person or thing.

Mars would be a background player because real heavy duty theft is always a Plutonian or 8th house impulse --and attribution. And of course Neptune.

The personal planets...transits of Jupiter Mars and even Moon would or could be the ''trigger'' of these impulses. NOt all sociopaths or thieves take a person for ransom.
This person would have no thought to the extreme gamble they would be taking by this act (unless we are talking of actions taken during war....another subject.)

LIN

JUPITERASC

AFFINITIES :smile:

I think saturn has more affinity to the “...captured...”

and “...false imprisonment...” aspect of kidnapping,

Saturn is malefic, masculine and diurnal.
Saturn controls restraints, imprisonment, captivity, violent action

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London.

Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

with mars more affinitive to the taking and forcing of the victim by the kidnapper(s)

Mars is malefic, masculine and nocturnal.
Mars controls force, robbery, screams, violence, captivity, shouting,
imprisonment, torture, excelling at villainy

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London.

Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley.

Retrieved fromhttps://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

Humanitarian

I follow the mundane teachings of modernist Charles Carter and use the winter solstice chart as the predictor of the trend of events over the forthcoming year; I’ll have to check the December 2021 solstice chart (unless you would be kind enough to post it here::biggrin:!)
1690897915489.png

JUPITERASC

Back to the original question....This was said, ''I think saturn has more affinity to the “captured” and “false imprisonment” aspect of kidnapping, with mars more affinitive to the taking and forcing of the victim by the kidnapper(s)''
I believe just about half of this statement. Saturn would have affinity for the captured, but the kidnapper might also be ''captured'' with the compulsion or need for power to take something for ransom....a person or thing.
Saturn completes 2 sidereal cycles and 57 synodic cycles with 59 years.

It has retreating arcs of 7 degrees for 140 days.

Saturn controls depressions and sluggishness,
restraints, imprisonment, grief, captivity, violent action

retrieved from
: Vettius Valens Anthologies Annotated By Professor Mark T Riley
translated to English allowing FREE download posted at his University website
- the extended version of 700 pages in small .Pdf file size.
DOWNLOAD link:

Mars would be a background player because real heavy duty theft is always a Plutonian or 8th house impulse --and attribution. And of course Neptune.

The personal planets...transits of Jupiter Mars and even Moon would or could be the ''trigger'' of these impulses. NOt all sociopaths or thieves take a person for ransom.
This person would have no thought to the extreme gamble they would be taking by this act (unless we are talking of actions taken during war....another subject.)

LIN

Last edited:

Lin

''
Saturn controls depressions and sluggishness,
restraints, imprisonment, grief, captivity, violent action

Again, I don't believe ...nor is it my experience, that Saturn ALONE is responsible for any of these things.

Saturn is the planet of "structure" and "restructure." It is the planet of "form". It rules our skeletal system, skin and teeth.

Imprisonment is also a 12th house...Neptunian matter.
As is...depression...and even "sluggishness" ....can be brought on by mars issues, Venus issues, and Moon issues ....without Saturn being involved at all.
Rarely is Saturn alone responsible for "violent action." ...in fact, almost never.

For grief to be a Saturn matter, it would have to be connected to the Moon and probably Neptune..

Those definitions are very "old school".
LIN

LordGiraffe

Technically my mom and I were kidnapped once. It was my uncle who strangely enough was a Libra. 🤣
Nothing would ever indicate him doing anything like that ever, except that Libra is connected to diabetes and he was not aware that he was diabetic and he had like 15 beers at a family picnic ! My genius mom got in the car (and me) to ride to the store with him and he suddenly decided to lock the doors and drive away with us. Wow.
Ended well though, he wound up being diagnosed at the hospital after we crashed and he did really well on insulin. We forgave him too.

JUPITERASC

Technically my mom and I were kidnapped once. It was my uncle who strangely enough was a Libra. 🤣
Nothing would ever indicate him doing anything like that ever, except that Libra is connected to diabetes and he was not aware that he was diabetic and he had like 15 beers at a family picnic !

My genius mom got in the car (and me) to ride to the store with him and he suddenly decided to lock the doors and drive away with us. Wow.
Ended well though, he wound up being diagnosed at the hospital after we crashed and he did really well on insulin. We forgave him too.
Siriusly :)

more info on SATURN

LordGiraffe

Siriusly :)

more info on SATURN

I have to get his full birth info somehow to examine his saturn. MY Saturn is in late scorpio and this happened around Leo season in 1989. So I suspect a transit to my natal saturn was involved. Like sun square or something strange like that. Regulus spells trouble for me any way it is aspected either via transit or synastry or whatever.

JUPITERASC

I have to get his full birth info somehow to examine his saturn. MY Saturn is in late scorpio and this happened around Leo season in 1989.

creating an event chart for viewing with natal is next step :)

So I suspect a transit to my natal saturn was involved. Like sun square or something strange like that.
check a chart of the event
Regulus spells trouble for me any way it is aspected either via transit or synastry or whatever.

regulus.JPG