Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Celebrity Astrology

Celebrity Astrology For interesting threads on celebrities' natal charts and lives, which provide an excellent educational opportunity for us all.

Unread 08-20-2020, 02:13 AM

Jullan Assange

Hi,

For some reason, I was looking at Julian Assange's chart yesterday and thought would start a thread here on it. I will be abbreviating the name as JA on this thread. For those that might not be completely familiar with him, here is his Wiki biography

His TOB has Rodden Rating B, so I will use it, even though the 3 pm time seems rounded off, but the Asc is safely 2* into Sag. and given his 'international' escapades, it might be worthwhile using Sag as his Asc.

What jumped at me immediately were both his lights being in houses that are usually considered unfortunate: Moon in the 12th and Sun in the 8th in JA's case. Moon is further debilitated in Sco, where it is uncomfortable. The Sun is in a square to Uranus and indeed JA is no ordinary person, but perhaps the square shows that he is known more for the disrepute and notoriety attached to his hame. He did sort of pioneer using his computer prog. skills to expose the 'governments', espionage, etc.

Interestingly, his 12th house, Sco Moon is conjunct the fixed star of Khambalia, which symbolises deep research, espionage, etc. His 8th house Cancer Sun is conjunct the fixed star Alzirr known for trouble and disgrace. The Sun rules his 10th house of not just career, but also social standing and in the 8th house, conj. Alzirr, his mis-fame came through his career.

Asc. Lord in the 12 house is also not fortunate and shows trouble starting in childhood, and indeed that was the case.

Saturn rules his family and home, and is in Gem. (sign of mobility) as well as Mars on the IC shows instability and stress of some sort with the living situation. JA moved about a lot due to his mother's many break-ups and had a nomadic childhood. Even as an adult, he has hardly had normal living circumstances and has had a very unsettled life to say the least. Note also how Mars in the 4th house is conj. Jup in the 12th and trine Ven (ruler of 12th) and he keeps getting asylum from foreign govt.s, but also is hunted by foreign govt.s for indictments/ to lock him up.

His Merc. is trine Jup, which shows his enhanced mental abilities and with Sco Jup perhaps also his investigative bent of mind. His Merc. is almost a fence sitter between the 8th and 9th houses. Merc. is conj. the fixed star of Procyon, which spells sudden success and then disaster - so literally true in JA's case.

So let me stop here and do provide your thoughts as to how you read his chart.

Direct link to Assange's chart:https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...G8hfB--gKhHDdU

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda

Last edited by wilsontc; 08-20-2020 at 12:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (08-20-2020)
Unread 08-20-2020, 09:51 AM

Re: Jullan Assange

Very interesting, thanks. His life has been rather unique, so his chart must reflect this.
I don't see a link here for his chart, can you post it?
I'm curious about this sentence, "Note also how Mars in the 4th house is conj. Jup in the 12th", is it really what you meant to write?
Unread 08-20-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Very interesting, thanks. His life has been rather unique, so his chart must reflect this.
I don't see a link here for his chart, can you post it?
I'm curious about this sentence, "Note also how Mars in the 4th house is conj. Jup in the 12th", is it really what you meant to write?
Hi,
The chart is embedded in the first sentence of the post - where you see his name.
It is also in the last sentence of the post: Direct link...

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
ElenaJ (08-20-2020)
Unread 08-20-2020, 03:14 PM

Just a few notes t add to what you've already outlined very well.
The 8th house is the house of spies, with sun there and ruling the midheaven his work was set out for him. The ruler of the 8th, mercury, is in the 9th of foreign countries, so spying on an international level.
Mercury trine Jupiter is generally a sign of honesty, in this case trine Neptune allows him to weave a cloth of mystery.
Of course moon in secretive scorpio in the 12th house is a classic position.
Being a man, this also represents the women in his life, including his mother and from the wikipedia article she fits to a T.
That mars on the 4th cusp that reflects his childhood and home life, also squares the Jupiter/neptune conjunction. North node there means south node is on his midheaven, and I wonder how much all that early fracas in his life influenced his career choice.
Uranus is co-ruler of the 4th of his Homelife and it squares the sun, in 8th not only of spying but also of sexual activity.
In the wikipedia link the date given for when Sweden issued an international arrest warrant via Interpol for his arrest for sexual molestation, Nov.20 2010, is when the sun exactly conjuncts his Jupiter, which normally could signal a moment for something favourable in one's life especially with Jupiter ruling the ascendent. Jupiter also rules his 5th of love matters.
Interesting also to note that although he is Australian, his birth date is almost exactly that of the USA Independence Day, probably the most significant date for the USA.
I was curious as to why specifically Ecuador was chosen as his asylum, so I've done a synastry chart of the country's founding with that of Assange.
Fascinating that Ecuador's mars/uranus conjunction falls just about exactly on his 12th house moon, which also squares the country's moon. In fact, it cost them a small fortune to maintain him in their Embassy. Posting the chart for you to see.
Saturn/neptune also fall on his ascendent, Chiron on his NN, sun opposing his mars.
No wonder it ended badly!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 17.08.54.jpg (37.7 KB, 3 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (08-21-2020)
Unread 08-21-2020, 07:36 PM

Jup-Merc., IMO, shows a very keen mind that thinks big/ on a grand scale - outside the box, perhaps even outside the (political) boundaries, for instance, such people are often adept at learning foreign languages or studying international law, etc. JA's also took on the international bit, but with Jup in the 12th- more about uncovering what is hidden from others. The uncovering bit played out on an international level with both Jup involved, but also Merc. in the 9th. Digging deep even into the dark and shady bits could come from Pluto. That this caused him trouble with the law also on an international level - is the second manifestation of the aforementioned placements, as well as Sun in the 8th and Asc. ruler in the 12th.

On the personal front, also interesting to note how his wives were 1) foreign and 2) linked in some way to legal matters. Merc. in the 9th as well as the aspect to Jup. Merc-Pluto shows they have always also been involved in the investigative part and had the limelight on them through that.

His children are shown through Jup-Merc. = many and or above avg. educated/ bright. Again, the involvement of both those planets also shows they live in countries different than him mostly. Jup in 12th and its opp. to Sat. shows his separation from them as well as stress and disharmony through that (Mars sq. Jup)

ElenaJ (08-21-2020)
Unread 09-10-2020, 09:54 AM

Asange has a number of angular planets that sit quite close to chart angles, and they cooperate as a configuration would. Mars/Saturn/Jupiter-Neptune. This conglomerate is the chart ruler, and it is considerably more articulate and specific that a single ruling planet would be. This ruling conglomerate says, "adventures in espionage", and it is quite Machiavellian. Many people will deem him treacherous. Mars at an angle suggests he's an activist. Saturn at an angle suggests he was disadvantaged in life. Neptune on the Ascendant makes me wonder if he is a sociopath or a traitor given the sum total of stresses in the chart. Mars square the Neptune suggests substance abuse or perhaps feelings of inferiority that are covered up with a preening self-confidence that fails to convince (angular Saturn). I think his sanity is delicate. Mars-conjunct-Node shows that he wants to be loved and admired.

There is no lack of interaction with the angles. Sun-Uranus square lies across the As/Mc midpoint. He is either a genius or an absurd person--perhaps both.

Computer programmers often have significant Mercury/Uranus or Mercury/Pluto aspects. The Mercury/Jupiter trine that was mentioned is actually a Minor Grand Trine, Mercury/Pluto/Jupiter. This suggests a good programmer. It also looks literary, so I assume he will author books. Saturn squares the Mercury/Uranus midpoint suggesting a highly technical mind and a heavy programming load.

Mars is quintile Pluto to suggest he is powerful, extremely determined, and possibly ruthless and dangerous. Sun and Uranus both square the Mars/Pluto midpoint, so he is a very dangerous person who is a product of his id. He is supremely arrogant. Sun quintile Node suggests a superior attitude. He may be a leader among a group of associates.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cary2 For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (09-12-2020)
Unread 09-12-2020, 12:57 PM

With Saturn moving back and forth in the last decan of Cap and triggering his natal Merc.-Jup. in an aspect, interesting to note that JA has been getting publicity due to his ill health. Also, crowds globally have been protesting to have him released (Merc rules his 11th and sits in his 9th, whilst Jup rules his 1st and sits in his 12th)

Tags
assange, jullan