Astrological Parts. Known and Unknown...a project

piercethevale

Been re reading a lot of Robert Zoeller's book on Arabic Parts and it has struck me as quite obvious that all the ancient astrologers that Zoeller, and most everyone else is so fond of clinging to for source info had most likely been doing natal charts for people for whom there, was most very probably, hadn't been accurate birth times recorded.
As the Ascendant changes a whole degree every 4 mins. these Parts that they seemed so cocksure about were being deduced from the kind of evidence that wouldn't get a second glance in a courtroom in todays world.
I recently deduced that my own natal Asc. surely must be the prior degree. This only required my adjusting the recorded time of 7:41 pm back 45 seconds in time, thus changing my Asc. from 17* Scorpio 10' to 16* Scorpio 58'. The only other House cusps that changed to a previous degree are the 6th and 12th. My M.C. is still in the 25th of Leo as well as my part of Fortune.
This also changed a number of my astrological Parts/Lots, to a previous degree...which includes the part of Hyleg ...which at the 7th degree of Capricorn I was relieved to see see changed to the 6th as the Sabian Symbology for the 7th is pretty darn pretentious.
[Rudhyar]
(CAPRICORN 7°): "A VEILED PROPHET SPEAKS, SEIZED BY THE POWER OF A GOD.

KEYNOTE: The ability to act as a mouthpiece for the revelation of a transcendent will and truth determining future action."

(CAPRICORN 6°): "TEN LOGS LIE UNDER AN ARCHWAY LEADING TO DARKER WOODS.

KEYNOTE: The need to complete any undertaking before seeking entrance to whatever is to be found beyond."

[...and here that number 10 pops up again... the Grand Semi Quintile... that I've connected to the YOD ...the true YOD, the True Finger of God that points to the way to truly integrate the oppositions found in the Zodiac.
My mothers initials were HH, Helen Huff, and by Hebrew transliteration that is 55 ... the esoteric number for the Virgin Mother, Mary ...my mothers middle name was 'Virginia'... Yes, there is more than coincidence about this... It was brought to my attention by my clairvoyant friend and spiritual confidante, Clarisse Conner back in 2007 just prior to my 55th birthday in 2008 ...which is on May 6th ...my mother went into labor on May 5th...5-5...but, I digress...]

So, what I'm saying is ...pretty much... let go of what these ancients, for example such as Albumassar, had to say about these Parts... Let us get busy with contributing our own observations to this thread and determine for ourselves just what these calculated positions do really infer.

Please people...contribute to the study here!
...what it says... "The need to complete any undertaking before seeking entrance to whatever is to be found beyond...!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

DreamingTheSeas

THE PART OF UNUSUAL EVENTS

I've got a rather interesting Part being conjuncted by transiting Uranus this June 8th and there's no best way to get the word out via the other forums...although I've posted it in the 'Transits' forum... I figure that some of you members might not get the chance to follow this observance of mine.
This Part/Lot is one I've never had a chance to study, it is not well known ....

Did you have any UNUSUAL EVENT in Friday?

piercethevale

Did you have any UNUSUAL EVENT in Friday?

...Nope, but Uranus will be conj. for some time... I was kind of hoping something would tie in with the Jupiter return... Jupiter will be conj. my natal Mars @ 04* Gemini 05' at the end of this month...so.....
[and then again maybe something did happen to which I've not yet become aware....I did meet a Chemistry professor last week that also teaches Kundalini yoga and whom was quite interested in my 'Runic Explanation of the Zodiac'. A chemistry professor that teaches Kundalini yoga is a bit unusual here in the States:smile:]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYdZu3fzEMA&feature=related

piercethevale

Well, maybe something did happen.
Last week I went into a consignment shop nearby that is in a large shopping center. I was waiting for my room mate that was picking up some potting soil in at the garden center next door and was looking over the jewelry case with a interest in finding any of the Jewelry that was taken from my apt. couple of years ago. [no, luck...btw]
The fellow behind the counter and I had an interesting conversation about 'Gem Silica' as I had a beautiful 10 carat piece that I had worn for years that I have been hoping to find again someday...and it's not a well known gem stone. [it was recommended by Edgar Cayce to assist writers and artists express themselves.]. It turned out that the guy is a teacher of Kundalini yoga and a chemistry professor and He did exhibit a genuine interest in what I told him about my astrological studies and especially the theory I've posted about, which I call 'A Runic Explanation of the Zodiac'...and I've been most anxious to get that theory circulating among people of science... I'm going back over there today with a diagram I've drawn for him explaining it. ...I've really been wanting a Chemist to get a look at this theory and this is the first one that Ill get to talk to.

piercethevale

Howdy, I've just added the following Parts/Lots to the list above.
Bondage, Killing Planet, Merchandise, Secret Enemies, Cooperation, Bereavement, two for Assassination, Peril, Escape From Captivity, Imprisonment, Suicide, Death & Disaster, Business Injury, Sorrow, Nobility & Honor, Bankruptcy, Torture, Travel by Air, Travel by Water, Travel Long Distance, Travel Short Distance and the Part of Weddings.

These are all Parts that utilize something other than a Planet or a Luminary in some part of the formula...thus you now know where to find them and i don't need to write out the formula for each here on this post.
Thanks, ptv...

And Please Contribute Your Observations To This Thread!

Last edited:

piercethevale

Greetings. I've just added another twelve Parts to the list. They are the Parts of Death of Siblings, Decapitation, the Part of Find [which is obviously strictly Horary], Higher Education, Hopes & Wishes, Possessions, Leave Job [which also sounds to me as something strictly Horary], Powerful Friends, Legal Affairs, Speculation, Mind/Mental Capacity and lastly the Part of Self Undoing.

As with the last additions on 6/13/12...these Parts/Lots are also of the type that have something other than strictly Asc. and Planets or Luminaries involved in the calculation, [that is the 'formula for deriving the Part, to put it differently.] as we do have all those listed...but we could also use some affirmations/confirmations from you members as to whether any of the less known and even obscure Parts/Lots do indeed have an effect akin to the title given it.... even if the title given to one of these doesn't 'seem right' or seems "inappropriate a title", to any of you members [and I sure have noted my fair share of those], please!!! 'Speak Up' and contribute your opinion...!!!
The more feed back, the more testimony this project gets the more successful it'll become.

piercethevale

I'm adding the following 'Part'; Asc + Uranus - Part of Fortune as a possible 'Part of the Unnecessary'. Please see my thread on 'Mystery Parts' in the Developmental sub forum for more on that.

Also, I added a few alternative names to a few of the other Parts in the last day or two.
One alternative name/precept I'm about to add is that of the Part of the Military and Daring or [in latin] pars militiae et audaciae to that of Asc. + Moon - Saturn, aka Part of Inheritance & Legacy.

also, a new one, the Part of Daring, or Strength or Dominion or [in latin] pars audaciae. or fortitudinis, or dominii
Asc - Moon - Ruler of Asc.

piercethevale

I had a bit of an epiphany for the Part derived from the formula Asc. + Venus - Saturn, which seems to me should be well known as it is one of the 'basic' Parts considering that it uses the Asc. as the "Personal Point" and only visible Planets as the "Significator" and the "Trigger". It's called the Part of Mans' Marriage, which to me seems very materialistic and the influences of the Cosmos weren't designed for materialistic interpretation. [Sure, they can be interpreted that way, but there has to be a 'Higher Purpose'.] I thought about it and said to myself; "It's the Part of Contentment of the Soul" I checked my Part for this formula and it is the 10th of Taurus for which the Sabian Symbol was summarily defined by Rudhyar as:

TAURUS 10° "A RED CROSS NURSE.

KEYNOTE: The compassionate linking of all men.

This symbol reveals the feeling of human cooperation at the stage of pure altruism and service to the social Whole. On that foundation of Christ love (agape, or true companionship), man can reach a still higher level of experience made possible by the refinement of the substance of his being, his consciousness and his will. ...
...Personal attachment in love to a husband or wife has changed level becoming a CONSECRATION TO HUMANITY."

I think I nailed it!:biggrin:

piercethevale

Continuing the thought from the last post, the zero hour July 4, 1776 natal chart for the U.S.A. has this Part [Asc. + Venus - Saturn, commonly called the "Part of Mans' Marriage".] @ 01* Aquarius 13' 00", that is, the 2nd degree of Aquarius.
If I'm on the right track in my considering this to be the ''Part of the Souls' Contentment'' then this Sabian Symbol should be what the citizenry of the United States does find contentment in for its' soul...the Soul of the Country that is in common amongst all its' people.

AQUARIUS 2°,
[From Dane Rudhyar's book, "An Astrological Mandala"]:

"AN UNEXPECTED THUNDERSTORM.

KEYNOTE: The need to develop the inner security which will enable us to meet unexpected crises.
"

...that sounds about right to me.
What do you all think?

piercethevale

While calculating a members Parts this eve I have become convinced that the Astro. Part derived from As. + Moon - Neptune, to be that of 'Revelation' and not 'Insincerity'.
I had serious doubts about the Part being that of Insincerity this past year as I had learned that to a smaller number of Astrologers it is considered to be that of "Revelation'.
I had long been confused as to my own Part of this formula as the symbolism didn't jibe with anything insincere about my self...although it could be taken to mean that what I was told and had been believing and seeing 'signs' indicating veracity was not what I thought and that this was an "Insincerity". It cast a shadow of doubt on the entire body of work as to the other Parts... and that, quite very possibly, I had only seen what I wanted to, or flat out interpreted wrongly... i.e. that I was delusional. [Well, turns out that Asc. + Neptune - Moon is the Part of Delusion... i.e. the opposite formula.]
Then I realized, "Revelation" is the opposite of "Delusion" in many senses.
I reread the one for my Yeshu'a chart and mine own again and I 'SAW IT'.

Yeshu'a's Part of Revelation does take a a lot of deep thought...as who can say what His big "Revelation" might have been, as He was such a highly, spiritual and evolved person, mystic and yogi... and considering the revelations He gave to His disciples ... one can hardly imagine what, in turn, had been reveled to Him. But my own Part now became clear and I have to once again give a 'Gold Star' to Rudhyar for the choice of wording he used as I owe it to.
My Part of Revelation is PISCES 20* [ibid.]

"A TABLE SET FOR AN EVENING MEAL.

KEYNOTE: An indication that in the end and at the appointed time the individual's needs will be met among those to whom he is linked by a spiritual (or biological) web of energies.

...This symbol... promises a satisfying or fulfilling end to whatever one has been undertaking. As the life closes, the Soul-consciousness finds NOURISHMENT in the harvest of whatever, during the whole life, has been relevant to the archetypal purpose and destiny of the Soul — one of the myriad of aspects of the divine creative word which began the cycle."

As I am a chela of the divine creative Word itself [having no and needing no Archetype or Satguru only the Word as Guru {teacher...a Satguru is the ultimate master. For Christians it is Jesus/Yeshu'a, for Buddhists it is the Buddha, for many of the Sanatan Dharm (Hindus) it is Krishna or Rama, etc.} as explained by Swami Sivananda in his book on Japa Yoga] and as Rudhyar wrote "As the life closes, the Soul-consciousness finds...", I realize, that as, I only became aware of my dharma at about age 52 [I'm 59 now] and now am sure of being fact that which I had sheepishly dared to suggest to myself for many years... and of which I had been becoming more and more in want to have belief of these last half dozen years... is totally true.... verily a 'Revelation" has been given me this night!:wink:

piercethevale

I added two more Parts to the list this day.
Asc. + M.C. - Sun = Death of Brother [which I assume is used only for horary charts] and M.C. + Moon - Sun = Part of Vocation and or Status [I've forgotten the exact wording...it may have read Vocation and Status or gave the two as separate possibilities...I'll update and confirm asap.

Phoenix Venus

This thread is full of a bunch of golden nuggets! I am all for testing the parts as much as i can, though i admit that my data is rather limited.

This sabian symbolism and parts thing has opened up a can of worms for me.. i think i have rediscovered my astrology obsession... I'm going through a list of dates.... this is the list of points for my first date with my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years. I listed everything that was touching a part within one full degree.

First Date with David

Moon conj - Asc. + Sun - Merc.: Liberty, Liberty of Person, Temperament - Libra 7.05

mercury conjunct - Asc. + Uranus - Part of Soul/Spirit: The Unnecessary - Leo. 17.05

venus conjunct - Asc. + Venus - Part of Spirit: Eros [one of the seven Hermetic Lots], Part of Venus, Pars Veneris, Love & Concord - Gemini 24.31

venus conjunct - Asc. + Moon - Sun: [one of the seven Hermetic Lots] Fortune [Day Formula]Fortune, Spirit, Soul [Night Formula], Time of Marriage[I assume this is for Horary], Pars Fortunae, Part of the Moon - Gemini 24.51

Jupiter conjunct - Asc. + Sun - Part of Fortune: Noble and Illustrious Acquaintances, Powerful Friends, - Aqua 23.57

Pluto conjunct - Asc. + Saturn - Sun: Fatality, Fate, Tragedy, Brethren*, Conquest [use Jupiter if Saturn is Combust], Father*, Heaviness [use Jup. if Sat. is combust], Karma [Jup. if Sat. combust], Love of Brethren, Parents[Traditional]*, Allegiance - Capricorn - 0.13

Notice that what is bolded doesn't really fit with the rest of it. Thus, i am proposing that the part "asc+uranus-partofspirit" title does not fit. Looking at the other parts that are triggered by the part of spirit, they seem to be benevolant of nature. Not sure what it could mean, i'd have to do way more research with that part before i come to anything, but just as a hunch lets go with "sudden attraction" or maybe something like "unusual admiration" or "surprising admiration" (i was instantly attracted to his conversation, mercury was conj that point..)

LEO 18°):A CHEMIST CONDUCTS AN EXPERIMENT FOR HIS STUDENTS.
KEYNOTE:In inquiring into the hidden process of nature, the human mind experiences the thrill of discovery.

HMMM... i could see it......

Last edited:

piercethevale

It's my 60th birthday today and I awoke late and have plans on getting drunk asap.
I did start to peruse over you post, and I'm curious what you mean by "The Unnecessary" ..and the 8th of Leo for your Mercury? Yikes! What a Sabian for ones' Merc. Check out the 5th of Gemini for my Mars. ...and they are sextile to each other...cool.

I like the :moon: conj. Part of Personal Liberty because that gives him space when he needs it and so many gals take it wrong when an artist/musician type guy inevitably needs that space some time, or times, on down the road of life.

I'll read more tomorrow.
You asked about why the tonality begins with Aquarius but the Path begins in Virgo. Read this: http://actastrology.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=75

,,,and then understand that what produced the "The Concretization of an Ideal" is the Holy Word, OM. In Vedic science it is said that each of the Chakras has a bij-mantra and a note of the major scale it resonates with.
OM is the sixth chakra and it resonates at 'B'.

That is the birth chart of the Universeand as it is of something born of base materiality it should be read in the traditional manner of counter clockwise. The birth chart template of the Spiritually Evolutionary Perfect Human begins with Virgo 30* and culminates at Libra 1*
My breakthrough in understanding came from finally realizing what I had written in my book, that to start at Libra 1* and go through the symbology [as I have a very strong case that Yeshu'a/Jesus was born Asc. 1* Libra] counter clockwise, [instead of traditional Aries 1*] eventually arriving at 30* Virgo, and that, that symbolically represented the "Conquest of Illusion" was wrong. I realized that the symbol for Libra 1* being that of a perfect specimen of a butterfly was not a beginning... but the finale. One is not born a butterfly. Then, re-reading the explanation/definition by Rudhyar on Virgo 30* I realized that it is stating that symbolically it is the beginning of the path to conquer illusion.

You are very well on your way...I must say, I not only think you'll just learn this ...you'll greatly expand it and probably rectify some of what needs it as well, someday.
May God speed!
Om Shanti OM
ptv

Last edited:

piercethevale

Well, I erred. I took that Moon conj. to be of a natal synastry comparison you had made.

Also I checked out the list and you're right. In fact I don't recall having ever listed a title in purple colour before...as I wrote that would be a listing that has been proposed, discussed and tentatively added in that colour.
In fact I had come to another conclusion and have been holding on to it for awhile as to test it out. I think it has something to do with High Wisdom... different from the Part of Intelligence and Skill. I change that asap.

piercethevale

Also, I added the formula As. + :pluto: - Part of Soul/Spirit as it follows the formulae for the Hermetic Lots, as doe's the Asc. + :uranus: - Part of Soul/Spirit formula.
Taking suggestions!

Also...
I do find it interesting and intriguing that some one came up with a title for the Part involving Neptune as to being that of a nature of 'Imprisonment" because I think they pretty much nailed that tight.

piercethevale

gavre it some thought and I realized I had what seemed lik an epiphany one night as to the pattern I thought I saw and how and why I did come up with "The Unnecessary" ...which I had intended as a suggestion and not a consensual addition.

Venus = Eros
Neptune = Imprisonment

the Part of Fortune being one of the Seven Hermetic Lots...
thus the PoF is aka the Part of Moon

Moon = Fortunate
Saturn = Nemesis

Mercury = Necessity
Uranus = [Unnecessary?]

hmm...?

you know, I'm now seeing it as that which would be beyond necessity... more like, super augmenting... or something like that.
[thanks for your pointing out that it would obviously have to be beneficent.]

I'll keep your suggestions and my thoughts here on the desk for continued further thought until tomorrow.

Thank you P.R. for your efforts and contributions.
... any more, or does anyone else with, thoughts ...suggestions...?

E L & L ptv

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

PTV, Happy birthday. Get nice and loaded. I’ll pass you a puff of an internet splif if you like :p
The list that I gave was transiting planets crossing over my natal parts. my merc is at 12 scorpio J
I’m not sure what “The Unecessary” meant. That was the title for that part that I saw here on this thread. (the part ASC + URA – POS) I suppose it would mean what is not needed in someone’s life and what does not compel them. It doesn’t seem to fit though, for me. It also doesn’t seem to flow with the descriptions of the other parts that are triggered by the part of spirit. Any thoughts on what that particular point might mean and why it is labelled “the unecessary” at the top?
(and yes, you were accurate in your interpretation – I am very open with people and encourage their individual growth and actually need that for my own alone time- loaded first and 12th house. I always encourage his artistry.)
then understand that what produced the "The Concretization of an Ideal" is the Holy Word, OM
Hmmmmm…. That’s interesting. I’m wondering if you could expound on that thought when you get a chance as there is something ominously inspiring about it. I used to meditate to the phrase I am, to get over my fears about life.. sounds similar to Om..
So with your chart of Jesus as having a Libra 1 ascendant, you are implying that he was not born that way, he had to go through reincarnations to achieve that state? (I’ll have to reread your post of his chart with this idea in mind.) Or maybe that it is not taken in the same context because he had the purity of high consiousness brought into human form?
Oh, I was also thinking of whether or not there was a part for “connecting earth and heaven” “connecting above and below” or “connecting pyhsical and spiritual”.. which is a critical aspect of the tree of life. though, I DO imagine that those parts would have some connection to Tiamat (the asteroid belt/comets) so it might be something that that will remain unkown unless we consider asteroids or comets that emulate tiamat's meaning. (it might just be the part of higher awareness.)
It makes sense that my part of treasure is at 1 libra because the perfect spiritual form is the only way to go J
I am still learning much about what the different parts actually mean. I get lost in the duality of every part and symbol.. for example.. is part of treasure not just what we find valuable but what values find us? As in what gifts we are bestowed with…? I suppose it is a gemini moon inconjunct mercury thing o_O But this technique is a very fulfilling way to interpret astrology I feel an overwhelming appreciation that your posts lead me to this knowledge. I don’t know how thank you aside from repeatedly saying thank you.
This was long.. I feel like I have so much more to learn regarding the parts.. I will help in decoding them along the way!!
-PV

Oh also, i concur that the part of imprisonment seems spot on so far.

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

gavre it some thought and I realized I had what seemed lik an epiphany one night as to the pattern I thought I saw and how and why I did come up with "The Unnecessary" ...which I had intended as a suggestion and not a consensual addition.

Venus = Eros
Neptune = Imprisonment

the Part of Fortune being one of the Seven Hermetic Lots...
thus the PoF is aka the Part of Moon

Moon = Fortunate
Saturn = Nemesis

Mercury = Necessity
Uranus = [Unnecessary?]

hmm...?

you know, I'm now seeing it as that which would be beyond necessity... more like, super augmenting... or something like that.

yes, maybe excess.. that makes sense..

Phoenix Venus

^thanks for the tip, who would have knew chakras were related to phrases (and musical notes!) I will have to find a way to incorporate that into my reiki practice. I bet playing the notes and focusing on the phrase would GREALTY energize that particular chakra during reiki..

Anwyays,

I've been compiling a list of notable persons parts of: ASC + URA - POS. (sure it's obscure but i have to start somewhere...)

Since this formula relies on the use of part of spirit, i distinguished between day and night formulas.

Hugh Hefner - 22 Aqua (daytime)

A RUG IS PLACED ON THE FLOOR OF A NURSERY TO ALLOW CHILDREN TO PLAY IN COMFORT AND WARMTH.

KEYNOTE: The warmth of understanding which comes to those who, early in life, are open to new possibilities.

He may think: No one understands me. But the understanding is there if he does not egotistically take for granted that life and society owe him everything. tragic feeling of disillusionment.
Through a warm APPRECIATION of basic opportunities and even small comforts, we can safely and happily grow into personal maturity.

(i'd imagine the part of excess would have to do with physicality for him but no such luck eh)

Ghandi - Sag 16 (daytime chart)
AROUSED STRIKERS SURROUND A FACTORY.
KEYNOTE: The disruptive power of the ambitious mind upon the organic wholeness of human relationship.

man's discovery of the new powers residing in his special contribution to the total organism of this planet Earth — his consciousness and aggressive mind. This leads to a REVOLT AGAINST PRIVILEGES.

Sigmund Freud - Gemini 19 (daytime )

A LARGE ARCHAIC VOLUME REVEALS A TRADITIONAL WISDOM.
KEYNOTE:
Contacting the all-human planetary Mind underlying any cultural and personal mentality. "exteriorization" of archetypal knowledge and wisdom. the human mind can uncover the foundations of its nature and acquire what might be called SEED-KNOWLEDGE, the knowledge of the structure of cyclic and cosmic manifestations of life on this planet.

Leonardo Davinci (nighttime) - Virgo 23

A LION TAMER DISPLAYS HIS SKILL AND CHARACTER.

KEYNOTE:​
The need to tame one's vital energies in order to fulfill one's destiny. The true aristocrat is the individual who is in complete control of his vital and emotional energies; at the spiritual level this includes the overcoming of pride — pride in one's strength and mastery, and the pride attached to an exalted status or social Office.
Implied in any successful process of taming and training is RESOLUTENESS and PATIENCE.

Stephen Hawking (daytime)

Libra 8

A BLAZING FIREPLACE IN A DESERTED HOME. The need to realize that even through the most empty hours a spiritual power is ever ready to welcome and warm up the wayward consciousness returning to center. Until the fire of the Soul within the human psyche totally dies out — a rare and tragic occurrence — there's always hope of recovery and rebeginning.
In a sense it links the vision, catalyzed by the contact with an inspirer, with the possible reaction of fear or shock that arises from such a contact. Within the abandoned great dream, some intangible and warm "presence" remains: the ever renascent HOPE for a rebeginning.

Albert Einstein (day time)

A JEWELRY SHOP FILLED WITH VALUABLE GEMS.
KEYNOTE:​
The social confirmation of natural excellence. At this stage we are concerned with the social process which brings about a CERTIFICATION OF PERSONAL WORTH.

Stephen Arroyo (daytime) - 3 scorpio

A HOUSE-RAISING PARTY IN A SMALL VILLAGE ENLISTS THE NEIGHBORS' COOPERATION.
KEYNOTE:
The feeling of community demonstrated in a basic joint effort.

Dane Rudhyar - (nighttime) - 30 Leo

AN UNSEALED LETTER.
KEYNOTE:
The realization by the individual that all thoughts and all messages are inevitably to be shared with all men. he has actually become a participant in the One Mind of humanity.Nothing can really be hidden, except superficially and for a brief time. What any man thinks and deeply realizes becomes the property of all men.Communication and SHARING must always prevail over the will to glorify oneself by claiming sole possession of ideas and information.

I'm getting the impression of some form of IDEALIZATION or maybe even mental aspirations or mental influence (aspirations for transforming others) so far. This is also seems to fit of what i've noticed of this part in people that i know personally. the only one that doesn't seem to fit this pattern is that of stephen hawking, though he had a C for data so his BT might be innacraute. he also wasn't very spiritual so it could be taken in a more mundane context of intellectual rebeginnings for mankind's scientific progress.​