Canola oil and why you should avoid it

piercethevale

Greetings, the following is what I copied and pasted herewith from an email I composed and sent to all my friends and family this morning.
Good health to you all.

...copied and pasted as follows...

Hi. This morning I went to my cupboard to get a new jar of peanut butter. There were two unopened jars of peanut butter manufactured by "Hampton Farms" that I got from a donation from our local food bank a couple of months ago. As the oil had separated and was all floating on the top, I turned the jar upside down so as to redistribute the oil as much as possible before opening later today. Both jars ended up in my trash, however, before that ever happened.

It's because I noticed that the listed ingredients, which should have read just; peanuts...and possibly salt, which is what the best brands will list as the sole ingredients also included "rapeseed oil and cottonseed oil".
Now why would a peanut butter need to include those other oils when peanuts contain more than enough oil alone, by themselves, to make such an addition unnecessary?

The only logical conclusion is that peanut oil being so high priced as it is that most of it was extracted from the peanuts used by Hampton Farms prior to them being use for peanut butter and what was extracted was replaced by these two, very unhealthy oils, for human consumption.

Those cheap f****ing bastards.

Here are some "facts" [it is best to do more research on anything following. I got this info from google but I do trust that enough of it to be true, and possibly all of it, but enough to give cause to shun all products containing the non digestible oils known as rapeseed oil and canola oil [If it is "non-digestible", they why in the world would you want to eat it?] I also recommend avoiding all foods that have been fried in either.

...copied and pasted as follows... any commentary by me is in brackets

Rapeseed oil contains very high levels of erucic acid, which in large amounts can be toxic to humans. However, canola oil — a contraction of “Canadian” and “ola,” which means oil — is bred to be low in erucic acid. It can't contain more than 2 percent erucic acid; in 2017, the average level was only 0.01 percent.

.[..however...]

These chemical compounds, combined with increased free radicals create the perfect environment for cancer growth. Researchers have found that cancer cells feed on the oleic acid in canola oil. The acid causes the cancer cells to become stronger and maintain malignancy

Extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil may be the most suitable oils for deep frying.
One study found that extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil were two of the most stable oils. ...
Olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties and is high in antioxidants and fatty acids.

Whereas canola may be better suited for frying, both can be used for medium-heat cooking. Olive oil is a better choice for toppings like salad dressing. Notably, olive oil is healthier than canola, as it provides many disease-fighting antioxidants and is good for your heart. [review above about canolla oil]

Both avocado oil and olive oil are rich in antioxidants, promote skin health, and boost the absorption of nutrients. Avocado oil has a higher smoke point than olive oil and may be better suited for high-heat cooking.

Q. What is the healthiest oil for cooking at high temperatures?
"The healthiest oils are those that are high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, such as vegetable oil and olive oil. These types of fats can help lower your risk of heart disease when used instead of saturated and trans fats." Mayo Clinic

Canola Oil Leads to Alzheimer's Symptoms, Weight Gain in Mice. In a study from Temple University, researchers found that canola oil inhibited memory, learning ability and led to weight gain for mice who had Alzheimer's. The study was published in December 2017 in Scientific Reports.

Q. Which oil is best for heart?
"Good choices include olive oil, flaxseed oil, sesame oil and avocado oil – choose an oil that you can afford and like the taste of, for these dishes." Heart Foundation.

Q. Is coconut oil healthy or not? [as it is known to be high in saturated fat]
"... despite that saturated fat is known to raise cholesterol levels, linked with heart disease risk, proponents believe that some saturated fats in coconut oil (called medium-chain triglycerides) are less harmful and may actually raise levels of beneficial HDL cholesterol." Don't get tricked by these 3 heart-health myths - Mayo Clinic

Q. Is it OK to fry with olive oil?
"If you're going to deep fry, light refined olive oil is a good way to go
. Extra virgin olive oil and canola oil are more in the middle – you can stir fry or bake with them, but don't deep fry. 'Bottom line – if you cook at high heat, stick with refined olive oil,' Valerie Berkowitz, whom is co-author of "The Stubborn Fat Fix," a quick and easy guide to healthy eating and food shopping for the family. Her work as a nutritionist spans over 20 years, but her specialty in kids nutrition started over 10 years ago while pregnant with twins.

Q. Is avocado oil bad for kidneys?
[No, it is not]
"The potassium and lutein content in avocado oil has been shown to positively alter the levels of fatty acids in kidneys, resulting in changes in the way the kidneys respond to hormones that regulate blood pressure." DNAfit
[Thus, it is very good for people with high blood pressure]

Q. Is olive oil toxic when heated?
"If an oil is heated beyond its smoke point, it gives off toxic smoke. Because olive oil has a low smoking point, cooking with olive oil runs the risk of creating smoke that contains compounds that are harmful to human health. You may not even notice that you are breathing in this toxic smoke." Savory Lotus [then if you use it just don't get it that hot as to where it smokes. Inhaling the smoke is toxic to the body.]

Jack In The Box, Mc Donalds, and KFC all use canola oil or canola oil blends for deep frying.:annoyed:

Chick-fil-A however uses 100% peanut oil:love:

Last edited: