How do you see talent in a birth cart?

The_Sundance_Kid

Erm, not really, I guess think of people who have talents you admire. Astrotheme have alot of celebrity charts so post whoever you wish to discuss.

Einstein?
Good orator?
Bill Gates?
Good actor (as opposed to famous or good looking actor)
Good writer (as opposed to J K Rowling) (Not really)

ScorpiosRock

I can write, just like RogueRed: when I want to and I kinda feel uncomfortable about it. (Moon in Gemini in sixth house oppositioned with Jupiter, Neptune, Mercury and Uranus in Sag in the twelfth).

My sun is in Scorpio in the eleventh together with my chart ruler Saturn. Amoungst all the people I know I am by far the expert on astrology.

I work in fashion (venus in libra conjunct MC) and I truly do amazing things, my clients are always satisfied and impressed, but my friends seem to look at what I do and list things that could be better. This drives me nuts and leaves me unsure of my abilities as designer...?

Waht does moon opposite neptune but both square midheaven/venus mean?

My jupiter quintiles mars. My neptune quintiles venus. Mercury quintiles mars as well. I read that quintiles are relevant... Don't know what these means.

Last edited:

ScorpiosRock

Thanks for this response. I did recently start writing: my blog-ish, a comedic-fantasy novel I'm writing, music reviews and I see this forum as one of the important writings I do.

Munchkin said:
[/B]Seems like you are doing that so good for you. :)

Now all I desire is to go platonically big... Thanks again Munchkin, you look like a real doll...

the_crabs

I am good at writing and speaking. (in my own language) I am said to have a beautiful voice. Singing well might have to do with my venus in pisces along with mercury and mars there as well. I have uranus placed in house 5. Planet of creativity is in the house of talents. Weirdly, I don't have venus aspects except that she opposes to saturn which is not very artistic indeed. My emotional cancer asc has a trine to uranus and in conjunction with jupiter.

MTTY05

I still haven't found my talent yet, sadly. But I do LOVE music and would maybe like learning how to compose. I'm getting into art for some reason also (looking at it, not making it).

I used to be an apprentice photographer when I was in High School, and my pictures were pretty good, or at least that's what everyone said. One time some of my stuff was for sale at this art gallery and some lady spent big bucks on one of my photos. She liked the picture so much that she demanded to meet me in person. When me met she couldn't stop talking about how great it was, and then she gave the photo (frame and all) to me to keep.

I really hated that job though. The pay wasn't good, and my co-workers were jerks. And at the time I was really turned off by the artsy types, but now I think I'd be totally into that for some reason.

Too long, I know, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Epsilon

I've read that trines show what we're naturally talented at.

People always tell me I'm a wonderful writer. Mercury in third house makes me intelligent and a good writer & speaker. Then, Mercury makes a semisextile (30 degree aspect. I think that's what it's called, but I don't remember much about minor aspects), so that will make my writing elegant. Unfortunately, I do have a tendency to be rather blunt when writing and speaking (Mercury square Mars, and possibly Moon in Sagittarius).

cassanra

Interesting thread. I have become increasingly curious about my work and talents.
I like so many others here, have dabbled in many things but not found an ability to focus and bring it to fruition (which might be another aspect need ie Saturn would need to be there or enough pull to tow you into it).
I was greatly encouraged as a child toward writing but felt quite insecure about it and felt I did not have anything to say. (Saturn opposing third house ruler mercury and sun in third house)
I garden as an outlet and it is my canvas so to speak but I would definitely not consider it a talent:) unless you want to call mucking around in the dirt a lot a talent:) I am not sure where that is found in my chart....
Interestingly enough I see I have a couple of quintiles or biquintiles...Mars to MC (not sure what that means...maybe something undiscovered) and both sun and pluto quintile/ biquintile to the nodes? I thought maybe this implies that this is somehow important for my inner self-development though the nodes are typically interpreted only as conjunct or opposition.
I don't get my job though....Saturn in the 10th and 10th ruled by Capricorn. I wonder if sometimes I am in the right place as i feel like I happened into it ...as a counselor for individuals who have disabilities and helping them return to work. ...I guess it is a fit with Pluto in the sixth of health and as planet of transformation and rebirth trining Saturn or work....I guess it is what I am meant to do just sometimes it does not feel quite right.
I have more this inkling though that I need to develop some hidden ability...that something is waiting for me to see....I wonder what it is ...maybe it is this mars quintile MC? Not sure...it is in the 5th house of creativity and it is an action oriented planet, in Leo or drama....or children?
Saturn in the 10th? teaching? curious.

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_cass_20081112_hr.44429.11478.gif
    astro_24gw_01_cass_20081112_hr.44429.11478.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 24

hermetic

Munchkin said:
Hi ScorpiosRock, I am happy my comments helped you a little, don't worry you have a lot of talent to go big, its all in the Quintiles, the 10th house, and some good transits, hehe. :)

Thanks.

besides those Quintiles you explained would Venus Mars Quintile account for talent for arts or perhaps something else(love?:p )

I also have Mercury Neptune Quintile and Jupiter MC bi-Quintile

Last edited:

Akyana

I have conj Mars and Jupiter in 5. house which makes me daredevil creative
Neptune in 3. that makes me imaginative
Uranus in 1. that makes me ...crazy LOL:p

Regulus Rising

This thread is about talent, and I can see some talk of Quintiles going on in here. I have both unlocked and defined the key to the Quintile aspect. To learn how your Quintile takes on very Ascendant- like qualities, go to the recent thread I posted, QUINTILES REVEALED

Thanks!!

pallas

RockFish said:
Me:

MH in Libra = urge to develop an artistic career. I'm a painter, altho it's not my means of living.

I've got Pluto in 10th house, Libra. Paintings are really weird, macabre to a certain point.

MH and Pluto ruled by Venus in 11th conjunction with Neptune, both Sagittarius. Neptune sextiles Pluto. I think those planets lend some qualities to the paintings, they soothe the "macabre " Pluto and mellow the images a bit.

Some people do like my work and one of my paintings was published in a visual arts magazine in my country.

My chart:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/imagehosting/557248b4a1946ed04.jpg

You have Venus in the 11th...love received...and Jupiter in the seventh house. I think your talent is getting people to love you, if your a man,
then women in particular. With Pluto in Libra relationships can be an
obsession and what you feel you need to succeed in life with the 10th
house location.

estrella

I like to cook spicy ethnic foods-aries on the cusp of the 6th with Moon/Venus conjunct in Aries.

I am artistic. I like to paint, draw, make jewelry.-Libra rising, Uranus in 1st. Pisces on cusp of 5th with Sun in 4th conjunct cusp of 5th. Leo on the midheaven. Venus in 6th trine Saturn in 10th. Venus trine Neptune in the 2nd.
I was discouraged in art as a kid by my father.
My chart is visible in my public profile.

ananntha

umm.. everyone loves my massages :D. they just melt under my hands... ****, i can take u to heaven :)). i ve got nothing in virgo.. a moon in pisces works? or venus in cancer.. i have no idea

smilingsteph

Shoot I had a reply and it was erased...darn

Really Jenna, I have no idea what I am good at...

Other than my career and tenacity/strength in life itself I dont know.

I have had to take care of others so much my entire life, that finding out who I am and what I am good at eats at me.

This is why I turned to astrology in the first place.

Not sure why but I am proud of my pluto aspects because I can really get deep within myself to figure things out.

However having good pluto aspects always say "you are creative" and I keep saying "how???"

I have no what talent I have....I might figure it out...

Wilson once said I was good at writing, but then I get so frustrated and irritated, because I get blocked. I would really love to write something of educational means later, but in a confused spot, been this way since I was little.....

Nothing ever came easy!

Attachments

• my chart.gif
    my chart.gif
    28 KB · Views: 25
I have always had a hard time judging what my talents are. I can't do the obvious talents, because I can't draw, and this puts art out of the question, and I really haven't got the patience to learn how to play an instrument, no musical ability. I can't write because I have bad punctuation, and I write words in the wrong order. My partner thinks I'm intelligent, but he's in love with me :love: and flattery gets him everywhere. I can see some talents I have, but I am so mutable in nature, that I tend to change paths all the time.

I thought the 5th house could show gifts, or perhaps the need for self-expression is stronger when planets are placed here. Look at me, look at me, look at me...:biggrin: Yet, I can never figure out the true meaning for Venus in Capricorn in the 5th house. A mature, unsure, shy flower blooms in the garden of creativity. :tongue:

The 5th house is the creative extensions of myself, and a need for social accomplishment (Capricorn), responsibility, and a dutiful nature towards loved ones and children. My Venus is opposed Jupiter in Leo in the 11th house (overgrown child :annoyed:) lol. I guess group involvement, and organizations attract me, sharing Knowledge (Jupiter) becomes a part of my self expression (Leo).

The older and more mature I become, perhaps I will see this aspect of myself become stronger in my life. I have to balance the 5th/11th house of my chart.

I noticed a gifted negotiator had the Moon in Libra 5th house trine Mercury in Gemini in the 12th house. I haven't really explored talent in natal charts.

Last edited:

smilingsteph

Odd enough I never really looked at my fifth house, it was my third that kept perplexing me! I will take a look there...duh! :whistling:

Okay my fifth house is cancer, moon in the 7th of virgo, ruler of virgo in the fourth house...
I do love water, and short trips! I can sew sort of okay, taught myself at the age of 18. I make my scrubs for work, talented I guess.
mmm interesting...

Last edited:

GreenMist

Banned
I have moon in the fifth, neptune in the ninth and moon trine neptune. No idea what this means:tongue: don't really have a talent for anything:whistling:

I do have sun conjunct merury both in the 12th house which makes me quite spooky, but no commercial talent as of yet.. :biggrin: