What is causing my mom's skin irritation?

Desertgirl

Backstory: My mother has been dealing with a stubborn skin irritation on her fingers for a few months. It makes her fingers crack and bleed. She has seen her family doctor, but the creams/meds don't help.

image1-2.jpg

My mother is Taurus, represented by fixed Venus in her derived 3rd house of hands. The illness is Libra (related to skin), also represented by Venus. The moon is in Libra (more skin). The fixed Venus tells me the illness is indeed stubborn. Her doctors are Scorpio, and Mars and Venus are applying opposite. Jupiter in Retrograde is also on the doctor's cusp, and it's in an applying square to Venus. The only good thing I see is that the part of fortune is in the doctor's house, so perhaps she will see one who knows how to treat her. Plus, Venus is conjunct North Node, which gives me hope.

I can see the entire story, but I can't figure out a link to a cause.
Help please. Thanks!!!

waybread

Venus seems to be showing up as the culprit. Do you know if your mother is using anything like scented soap, some kind of normal unmedicated hand cream, or might have a reaction to gold jewelry? Does she wear gold or gold-plated jewelry such as rings or bracelets? Is she a gardener of flowers?

Desertgirl

Venus seems to be showing up as the culprit. Do you know if your mother is using anything like scented soap, some kind of normal unmedicated hand cream, or might have a reaction to gold jewelry? Does she wear gold or gold-plated jewelry such as rings or bracelets? Is she a gardener of flowers?

Yes, I agree. It’s a Venus-type issue. No jewelry. She has bathed with the same brand of soap for 50 years. She gardens, but not extensively. I have wondered if it’s perhaps her hairspray, laundry soap or dryer sheets. I don’t think it’s food.

tikana

i dont like mars / venus opposition... venus represents a mother. It is in leo. but it is being opposed by mars. mars is some kind of irritant. mars is in air sign … I wonder if it is dryness since aqua is dry

Desertgirl

Her hands actually feel very dry, and the skin is very tight.

Since Venus is very prominent in the chart, I've told her to try eliminating beauty products one a time. Hopefully, she'll notice some change.
Thanks.

waybread

Is Mom experiencing the problem only in her hands, or in her feet, as well? There are health problems (like diabetes, ruled by Venus) that affect the extremities but probably not just the hands. Was Mom diagnosed with eczema?

DesertGirl

Backstory: My mother has been dealing with a stubborn skin irritation on her fingers for a few months. It makes her fingers crack and bleed. She has seen her family doctor, but the creams/meds don't help.
My mother is Taurus, represented by fixed Venus in her derived 3rd house of hands. The illness is Libra (related to skin), also represented by Venus. The moon is in Libra (more skin). The fixed Venus tells me the illness is indeed stubborn. Her doctors are Scorpio, and Mars and Venus are applying opposite. Jupiter in Retrograde is also on the doctor's cusp, and it's in an applying square to Venus. The only good thing I see is that the part of fortune is in the doctor's house, so perhaps she will see one who knows how to treat her. Plus, Venus is conjunct North Node, which gives me hope.

I can see the entire story, but I can't figure out a link to a cause.
Help please. Thanks!!!

Does your Mother come in contact with contaminated material products (Scorpio on the 4th) that cause a fungus underneath the skin? Saturn/Pluto in Capricorn (in a hidden 12th house position from the 6th house, work, (both are in the 5th house) deals with career (Cap. & Mother 10th) conditions dealt with on a constant Cardinal-Capricorn basis ? Lord Aquarius within the 6th house of health involves Saturn/Uranus/Mars opposition with skin (Venus) spoken of above. Dignified Saturn (Saturn rules the skin additionally) gives him some importance in the 'reason' there is a problem. Could a career choice that keeps her in constant contact with substances that are irritating be a cause? Even though surfaces are cleansed-contact with these surfaces in a working atmosphere on a daily basis (Sun as identity-work-position is depositor of these, & in the 11th-Aquarius domain on the 6th could directly connect the ailment to work - or register as symptom) could be very drying. Does she use chemicals-or is in contact with decaying or rooting soil, (Scorpio on the 4th as foundation element-moist fungus areas) earth debris, glues or aerosols (Air Aquarius Mars in 6th?) - As said Saturn & Pluto in Capricorn are in a 12th house relationship to the house of health (hidden elements that are connected with Venus (skin) in opposition with Mars in the 6th. Sun depositor of 5th Leo-upon the 12th house is resonating Venus & Sun energies (heat-dry atmosphere) Sun/Mercury resonance (orb allowance?) by opposition with Saturn) Venus opposition Mars-has recently past the quincunx with Saturn & is tied up with the fateful nodes with Mars in the 6th (S.N.). N.N. with Venus lead to relief of some type-her depositor is Neptune=Spiralina-fish oil as a food additive as hidden cure?) The Quincunx is a 6th house Virgo aspect = health.

Is she walking within an area that is highly cleaned with aerosols used throughout, hot and dry cold exteriors that she constantly come in contact with?

The reason I say work is the Sun link to Saturn (also has affinity with Virgo partial to the 1st house health) Sun as depositor; Saturn in a hidden 12th house relationship to the 6th house, am thinking the ailment will get better when she separates herself from the anxiety, (repressed anger is Mars factor) fear or guilt (Saturn opposition) connected with her position. Has she recently taken on work that causes her stress, or does her position involve more responsibility than she cares to address. Mental pressure (digits extremities are of Mercury-thoughts) is directly related to eczema.

Does she take fish oil tablets on a daily basis? Have heard Cod liver oil taken every day will often cure eczema as an internal remedy. Am not a doctor only a concerned Astrology student with some experience with skin eruptions. Have had several relatives with dry skin and because they were constantly in contact with hobbies or work that involved caustic chemicals and or drying elements that were of a daily routine i.e.; warm to cool-cold environments, dry to hot with extreme changeableness-exposure to deferring elements-these conditions affected the lungs as the area was rift with these air-born elements. The lungs have cilia – so what is breathed (alcohol for cleaning etc ) into the lungs are directly related to skin conditions.

Moon in Libra is quincunx Uranus in Taurus (materials that are contaminated-such as potting soil or drinking water that has contact with electro-magnetic wave.) I realize that sounds strange but water is very much influences by the air.

Going to a nutritionist & having a blood saliva trace examination can help diagnose the situation, elements – vitamins she is lacking or that she is getting too much of. Too much iron or metal in water is often the culprit, is there a high copper or rust debris in her drinking water.

As I said am not a doctor only a metaphysician and wanna be Astrologer trying to help. Can you post her natal in another department with progressions-transits, as well a Lunar-Solar return? You might include fish oils and salad oils with Pure Olive oil in her meals with plenty of pure drinking water.

With the Sun & Mercury involved in Cancer her digestive process could possibly be inadequate; proper absorption is lacking - elimination could be a problem. Am looking at the grand trine which points to constant abuses of some sort?

Please forgive me if I have gone to far in the delineation, I pray I have helped in some way to give evidence to some clue for remedy.

Sincerely
Wishing your Mum a speedy recovery
StarGazerSiren

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

Does your mum know her time of birth? Can you post her natal chart? I want to confirm something. For some reason, I don't think it is as simple as beauty products. Whilst your mum is represented by Venus, the cause will be represented by what is affecting Venus. Hopefully I am wrong. How long has she had it? Have they done a thorough blood test?

Culpeper

Premium Member
Your mother is represented by Venus in Leo and the first whole sign house. The doctor is Saturn in the sixth whole sign house. There is no aspect between Saturn and Venus. Her doctor will be ineffective. The condition has indications of being very persistent. Mars is in opposition to Venus and is significator of the cause. Mars represents harsh chemicals and bleeding is a symptom of Mars. Modern products are loaded with all sorts of chemicals which can cause allergic reactions if nothing else. She should try different products. A remedy of Mars that she could try would be Calendula. Like all natural remedies it is suppressed by the medical establishment so you may have to search for it.

Desertgirl

My mother has mild psoriasis on her elbows, but her feet are fine. No diabetes. She is retired and home most of the day. I will try to create and post her natal chart. Thank you!!!