'The King of Parts': The Part of Hyleg

piercethevale

Because that degree is the Po Delusion for the USA (Asc. + Neptune - Moon) ... but that is a Part that we have never explored and aren't sure if that tile is appropriate (likely not...considering how many have been accurate to date concerning the trans-Saturnian Parts... although those utilizing Neptune have been a tiny bit of a surprise... but the had the one Asc. + Neptune - Venus completely backward in that it was not Part of False Love but rather a Part of Ideal Love)

...but the 28th of Scorpio is something very special to Phoenix Venus and I folks as the Sabian Symbol is given as (ibid.)

"SCORPIO 28°: THE KING OF THE FAIRIES APPROACHING HIS DOMAIN.
KEYNOTE: The capacity in man to recognize and to pay homage to an integrating Principle at the core of all existence."

It was the Asc. of the chart for the locale and moment I took a photo of a Faerie ten years ago this July.

I had been visited by them twice two months prior in my apt right after I moved into it.
It sits along the edge of a nature preserve along the American River in N. California.

I also got a photo of seven of them the night before in that month of July 2007

Correction, it was the M.C. for that chart... excuse me.

piercethevale

As I was recalculating all of the suggested formulae for the four different Parts of Hyleg above using the new gps co-ordinates of Verdugo City for my birth place... as opposed to Glendale [because the newly incorporated City, Verdugo City, is just a mere few blocks west of where the hospital I was born at once stood as opposed to using the gps co-ordinates for Glendale which are somewhere around five mile Southeast of the location of the bygone hospital] I realized something that we missed observing back when we were involved in studying this Astrological Part. That is that the four different Moons used as the "Trigger" in the formula produce four Astrological Parts of one for each element.
That is one in Fire, one in Earth, one in Air, and one in Water.

Right at this moment, as I haven't yet given it a long hard pondering... it seems to me that it'll work that way every time for most every natal chart...except possibly for those rare times when two of the same Moons occur in the same sign.

Such an outcome, to me, gives this proposal of determining all four suggested Hyleg like Parts added credibility to their being, in some way, of equal or near equal importance.

Be aware though, that the traditional formula of using the Full or New Moon that was closest to the time of birth did prove to me to be the most significantly important of the lot as to my own self and what all else in my natal chart seems to be in support of... or one might say that they "deposit into"... the other three are very significant as being at least major depositors to that of the traditional Hyleg. That is to say that by the symbolism found for the degree of the Zodiac each is in the Sabian Symbol ofr each of those degrees is most very significant in relation to that of the Sabian Symbol found for the traditional Hyleg formula Part... and always use the diurnal [Day birth] formula... as like everything else in nature that God created, when you reverse a formula you get something entirely different.

I presently am in a bit of awe at this in that I know of no other technique that gives emphasis to all four of the Zodiacal elements... it's quite curious!

Verdugo City, as it turns out, isn't the more proper GPS point for my natal chart after all... I just thought that I'd set the record straight about that.

piercethevale

Mine is in 5 degrees Gemini, second house.

What's it mean?

The problem here is that many of these threads I originated were originally in the degree symbolism sub-forum and then, when this exclusive sub-forum was created for Astrological Parts, they were moved here and thus opened these threads to many other forms of astrological interpretation.

From your post, as you don't state the minutes and seconds of the degree your Part of Hyleg is in, I can't determine if you mean it is IN the 5th degree or in fact it is in the 6th degree.

Only the Sabian Symbol found for the degree the Part of Hyleg in will give one the answer as to which you are truly seeking... i.e. which of the 360 divine precepts given through symbolic illustration via the Sabian Symbols are all the other Astrological Parts in your natal chart contributing towards.

Without that knowledge you are like a sail boat at sea without a rudder.

sinhtheslumberingdragon

The problem here is that many of these threads I originated were originally in the degree symbolism sub-forum and then, when this exclusive sub-forum was created for Astrological Parts, they were moved here and thus opened these threads to many other forms of astrological interpretation.

From your post, as you don't state the minutes and seconds of the degree your Part of Hyleg is in, I can't determine if you mean it is IN the 5th degree or in fact it is in the 6th degree.

Only the Sabian Symbol found for the degree the Part of Hyleg in will give one the answer as to which you are truly seeking... i.e. which of the 360 divine precepts given through symbolic illustration via the Sabian Symbols are all the other Astrological Parts in your natal chart contributing towards.

Without that knowledge you are like a sail boat at sea without a rudder.

5 degrees, 18 minutes.

piercethevale

5 degrees, 18 minutes.

Ahh, thank you for the courteous reply.
That then is a Part of Hyleg in the 6th degree of Gemini and a most dynamic and potent precept it is that is attached to that degree of the Tropical Zodiac.

That precept is presented in a symbolism of the provenance of the culture of the Western world, i.e the Occidental, and summed up quite succinctly by the master symbologist himself, the late Dane Rudhyar, in his familiar "Keynote" synopses and "Keyword" summations [ibid.]

GEMINI 6°: WORKMEN DRILLING FOR OIL.

KEYNOTE:
The avidity for that knowledge which ensures wealth and power.

This symbol superficially considered can be referred to the insatiable drive of modern man for power and wealth, his readiness to accept the risk of failure. But it has a deeper meaning, especially if related to the next symbol. Oil is the end result of the decay of living materials. Drilling for oil may represent the attempt to penetrate to the deep layers of the collective Unconscious and to reawaken the powers of the archaic psyche which once flourished — for instance in the true ceremonial magic of the tribal world, perhaps among the adepts of the fabled Atlantis, or even among the shamans and witch doctors of more recent times. The archaic powers may be 'refined' for modern situations, but the almost inevitable result is the release of noxious waste products, 'pollution'. And there is a pollution of consciousness as well as of the atmosphere man breathes.
The zodiacal sign Gemini has basically the meaning of insatiable curiosity and avidity for knowledge; it is logically a 'human' sign (the Twins). One of the Twins tends to seek power and knowledge from the ancient past, the other to discover a living source of strength and wisdom which is forever being replenished by the celestial downpour of Spiritual Consciousness and love (cf. the next symbol). It is man's nature, alas, to begin with potentially negative emotions and desires.

This is the first stage of the fourteenth five-fold sequence of cyclic phases. It deals with the emotional and, at the present-day level of evolution, socially prized reaction of most human beings to the attainment of new forms of knowledge, i.e.
AMBITION.

"The avidity for that knowledge which ensures wealth and power" ...and here you are seeking to further your knowledge and exhibiting avidity as you did return to this thread to see what else might have been added since you last visited. As to whther of not you seek knowledge for the desire of wealth and power may or may not be the case and it is but only your business as to why you do. Dane wrote what He did as for the reason his words are true in that with enough of the right type of knowledge it surely must ensure one more wealth and power than they had before they obtained it...with some exceptions, I have to imagine, but my imagination can take a turn for the wicked and perverse at times. There is certain kinds of knowledge which I believe can lead to a man, or woman's, ruination if not handled properly, or put to use in a proper and constructive manner. But generally speaking, for the vast majority of humankind, I think Dane hit this one on the nail-head straightaway.

As for Dane's keyword "Ambition" , I see no need to for addendum as the seeking of knowledge is certainly ambition in, and of, itself. Be it for use to obtain wealth and power, all the more so I suppose, but purely for the craving of an inquisitive mind, without question ...imho.

Quite an admirable Sabian Symbol for ones Part of Hyleg, certainly envious to some, if not altogether even many?

Late edit. In retrospect, having read Dane's presentation of the symbolism given more thoroughly, I do see that He did give warning as to such knowledge can lead to a less desirable state of being. That pollution of consciousness he mentioned in reference to the more occult knowledge given to the description quite often of being of a "darker" nature.

Last edited: