Massive Comet, 4 Times The Size Of Jupiter To Pass Through Solar System This Spring

piercethevale

Correction; make that five time the size of Jupiter...!
It will be visible to the naked eye possibly at the end of this month, April, in 2020. It will be at its closest to Earth near the end of May, 2020.

It sounds quite impressive. For those of you that take comets to be of astrological significance, you might want to check it out?
I'm certainly going to be observant of where it occurs in the sky and when to, hopefully, give myself some insight into that matter.

Here's a link to an article written about it.
http://www.physics-astronomy.com/20...SxmFhx1nZOB4TIL87SrgFUkVE-AuG0gJbDNrdpTm2EVZw

Last edited:

piercethevale

Clicked immediately because your name was attached to the post! You got fooled, I think. Check the article date.
I take that back - there are many other articles :)
Very interesting!

As the email I got from the forum, alerting me that I had a repy to this thread included only your original post, that included the sentence, "No end date to April Fool’s in the digital universe", I thought I surely had been fooled... yet you wrote afterwards that you found numerous other articles from other sources that make the same claim?

...I was rather quite skeptical when I did post this thread, as for the reason that this thing is alleged to be five times the size of Jupiter?

That does sound to be a load of uknowut.

I don't know what to think now... I had just woken up ...having fallen asleep here at my desk after having made myself a cup of tea at around dawn this morning, after writing an email in response to one I had found in my mail box around 2 A.M. from the noted astrologer and author of a book on the Sabian Symbols, Mr. Blain Bovee.

I had always wanted to look Him up and write him, so I finally did a few days ago and was pleased that He had taken me up on an invitation to check out the thread I posted back at the beginning of my time spent here, The one about Jesus/Yeshu'a's birth chart [?] I also wrote a book about, so I wrote him an email thanking for his time and for writing me such a cordial and encouraging response. He seems to be a very lovely person.

It really had "made my day"... our maybe I should say 'it made my decade', might be more to the truth. It's not often that I get such a response, especially from one as studied as himself.

But, getting back to the subject here...
There is, or was, another article at that website titled "Something Massive Is Coming Out of Uranus"... which I thought to be a wee bit humorous... So, maybe we all got fooled?

So... I don't know?

I do know this; I'm going to have some breakfast and then maybe an early toddy, then put my feet up and watch a bit of the telly.
Cheers. ptv

Last edited:

piercethevale

Oh, I see now you wrote but, "I see many other articles"... which I'm not sure as to whether that means other articles on the same subject, or that the website has 'many other articles"?

Where's that bottle...?

I think I will have that toddy...and before breakfast.

piercethevale

Greetings all you starry eyed members, and visitors, alike.

So apparently there is something to this story afterall.

It's now being called the Comet Swan...and while I can't get any confirmation that it is the size the press was saying earlier last month, it is for real and here's what I've got on it.
The following is mostly from the Sky and Telescope website.

Discovered in images taken by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory's SWAN (Solar Wind Anisotropies) camera on March 25th by Australian amateur Michael Mattiazzo the comet has brightened by leaps and bounds. As of May 5th, the newcomer had climbed to magnitude 5.2 with a 1° visual tail that lengthens to a luxurious 6–8° in photographs.

SWAN-comet-May-2-Damian-Peach-Nikon-200mm-f-2-ST.jpg

Comet SWAN (C/2020 F8) displays a spectacular ion tail about 8° long pointing southwest on May 2nd.
Photo credit/Damian Peach

Southern Hemisphere observers have the best seats for viewing the comet in early May but that will change as SWAN moves rapidly northward. This week, observers in the southern U.S. should get their first glimpse of the comet very low in the eastern sky during morning twilight as it speeds from Cetus into Pisces. The comet's height above the eastern horizon will vary depending on latitude, with more northerly latitudes favored from about May 20th through early June. Peak magnitude of 2.8 is expected around May 21st.

While northern viewers will get a modest altitude bump, twilight also begins earlier — 2 to 2½ hours before sunrise compared to 1 ½ hours for the southern U.S. — so any elevation gains may well be offset by skyglow.

SWAN-comet-Justin-Tilbrook-3-stages-April-13-to-30th-7-8-to-5-2-mag-Justin-Tilbrook.jpg

This montage shows the increase in brightness and complexity of Comet SWAN between April 13th and 30th of this year when its magnitude brightened from 7.8 to 5.2.
Photo credit/Justin Tilbrook

On May 12th the comet will breeze some 83 million kilometers (52 million miles) from Earth and come to perihelion on May 27th at a distance of 64 million kilometers (40 million miles) from the Sun. During the second week of May SWAN will stand just a few degrees high in the eastern sky 90 minutes to 2 hours before sunrise for the central U.S. By May 21st its altitude increases to around 5° and subsequently declines at month's end.

Comet-Swan-finder-1800px.jpg

The comet rides a rollercoaster from Cetus to Auriga in just three and a half weeks. Its position is marked each day at 0h UT. Subtract 4 hours to convert UT to Eastern Time; 5 hours for Central; 6 hours for Mountain; and 7 for Pacific while also moving the date back one day. For example: 0h UT May 15th = 8 p.m. on May 14th EDT.

The comet also has an evening sky apparition that overlaps with its morning appearance. From about May 23rd to June 10th observers at mid-northern latitudes can catch the comet in a dark sky at the end of evening twilight as it glides from eastern Perseus into Auriga. On the 23rd it will only stand about 3° high at dusk's end but that increases to 7° by the 28th. The northern U.S. will have a slightly longer period of visibility. Although SWAN fades from magnitude 2.8 to 5 during this time it's visible during convenient evening hours and with less twilight interference.

If you're out at dawn find a location with a view as close to the east-northeastern horizon as possible. Evening observers will need to secure a spot with a horizon to the north-northwest.

SWAN-evening-late-May-22nd-June-9th-V2-ST.jpg

This map depicts the comet's evening apparition from 40°N latitude. The bright stars Capella and Mirfak will help point the way. Positions are marked every three nights at 10:30 p.m. CDT.

The altitudes above refer to the head of the comet but it's likely that SWAN will develop a long, bright tail pointing up and away from the Sun. What a beautiful sight that would make in binoculars! Not to mention a tempting target for wide-field astrophotography. Comet SWAN makes several close passes of deep-sky objects and bright stars during its run, including a near miss of the 10th-magnitude galaxy NGC 925 in Triangulum (May 17th). It comes within 0.5° of Algol on the 20th and then sails 1° south of Capella on June 2nd.
[Unquote]

Okay, you "Fixed Star" freaks... what does a conjunction with Algol imply...!?!?

piercethevale

As to what else I have concerning the Comet Swan....

This is a starmap as the sky will appear here in [nearby, just across the American River, below me] Folsom, California, on May 21st [when they claim it should be at its brightest magnitude] at 5::00 a.m., sunrise that day will be at 5:48 a.m.

Comet-Swan-location-on-5-21-2020-at-5-00-a-m-Folsom-Calif.png

and here's a chart for the event cast for my location...which is about a mile and a half Southwest of the GPS coordinates for the city of Folsom.

astro-2gw-comet-swan-ref-to-zodiac-for-5-21-2020-42641-27565.png

CapAquaPis

The asteroid "Europa" in Taurus, the continent (esp. the European Union) is represented by that sign, then you have a subzodiac Perseus to represent "Persia" or Iran near the zodiac constellation Aries, and comet Swan is also spotted in Auriga (the chariot) supposedly Asia Minor or the modern country Turkey. Was the significance of an omen like comet Swan in the Aries-Taurus section of the night sky in regards to astrological predictions regarding these continents, regions and nations? And Hygiea in Gemini conjunct Mercury and Venus while the Sun transits from Taurus to Gemini in the next coming week, while the Moon is in Taurus (later Gemini) and the true node in 29' Gemini-3rd. And Uranus in Taurus conjunct Sedna, a dwarf planet, just like Eris in Aries. What does it all mean to have these planetary alignments near a bright comet?

piercethevale

The asteroid "Europa" in Taurus, the continent (esp. the European Union) is represented by that sign, then you have a subzodiac Perseus to represent "Persia" or Iran near the zodiac constellation Aries, and comet Swan is also spotted in Auriga (the chariot) supposedly Asia Minor or the modern country Turkey. Was the significance of an omen like comet Swan in the Aries-Taurus section of the night sky in regards to astrological predictions regarding these continents, regions and nations? And Hygiea in Gemini conjunct Mercury and Venus while the Sun transits from Taurus to Gemini in the next coming week, while the Moon is in Taurus (later Gemini) and the true node in 29' Gemini-3rd. And Uranus in Taurus conjunct Sedna, a dwarf planet, just like Eris in Aries. What does it all mean to have these planetary alignments near a bright comet?

All good questions, I have to say.
I only include these asteroids for the reason I have interest in them for as being the largest there are, or at the least that have been discovered to date.
This interest stems from a reply that my trusted source of info on all things pertaining to the "occult" [and by my use of that word I am referring to those things that are truly hidden from our view], my clairvoyant friend, Clarisse Conner, gave years ago in answer to my questions as to whether the asteroids are the remnants of a former planet, and if so should they also be accounted for astrologically and, if so, then as to exactly where, or which of them, is the effect emanating from? Her reply was, "Yes they are, yes they should, and they are like wormholes, opening and now closing, here and there... opening and closing, now here and now there."

...and btw, and I know that I have mentioned this before. Eris is not a "natural" object in the Heavens. Clarisse's own words, as I asked Her if Pluto is definitely a "Planet" as far as astrology is concerned, to which she said, Of course it is, you know that it is. I followed that up with the question of whether the recently discovered object ub313, that has also been since given the name Eris, should then also be considered a planet ...as for the reason it was estimated at the time to be even larger than Pluto. She had no heard of it, and said so, but also said, "Well. let me take a look"...and she said that she had found it and was focusing on it...and said, "No, it's not a planet, it's... it's not even natural...!"

...and that is all she will say any further on the subject nor will I ask...as for her account of what happened a time before when she gave such answers to an inquiry...as she told me, "...and the next day, there was a knock at my front door, and when I went to see who it was and opened the door, there stood two men, all in black, and that's all I can say anymore about that."

I'm quite sure that it does have some kind of effect, but it's not of any astrological affect.

Since that day, as I did some research on where it was and when, I have been fairly certain that it is, that which is, responsible for the legend known as the "Star over Bethlehem"...but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is something that originated from outside of our own solar system.
I'm also fairly certain that any attempts mankind, at present, may initiate to examine or interfere with it will be futile.

Meanwhile, I'm still awaiting some sort of answer as to what the affects of the fixed star, Algol, are reputed to be... I do seem to have some memory of having read or been told that it can be one that is troublesome.

...Anybody, have anything to offer...?

Last edited: