go abrod for job?

A

Anonymous

My doughter is not satisfied with her job and she is thinking about going abroad.
My question is :Will Andja go abroad for job?
Data 24 April 2005
9:15am time zone:gmt+2h

When I look at chart I sow many bad "things", Saturn disp.7th is in first
peregrine, detriment, Moon in 5th (my doughter) Fall, Via Combusta, there are future aspects between significators but before they perfect there are meny anothers aspects. I would like to hear your explanation.
Greetings,
Goca

A

Anonymous

I see this chart this way:
Andja is Saturn (week)
Abroad for Andja is radical 3.house that means Sun
Saturn and Sun will have future aspekt but before they complete it, Venus will first complete aspect with Saturn. I do not know does Venus support "yes" or "no" in this case. End Moon (Andja) also have future aspekt with Saturn but I think it is no metter for this case because Saturn is "her" planet too. And I read somwhere that when Moon is Via Combust it is hard to tell outcome! So I think she will go abroad. So, what do you think? Am I right or wrong?

pwadm

Staff member
The chart is set for Beograd, right ?
andja.gif

Hello

It is true that the Moon in Via Combusta is one of the major considerations before judgement and the astrologer should refrain from judging this chart,
However, I've seen on the net some examples of horaries which have given the right answer.
It is important to notice, just as Goca pointed out, the chart significators are all in very week positions, with no dignities at all:
- Saturn, 7th ruler (Andja) - in exile
- Moon, coruler, in fall and Via Combusta
- Sun, peregrine
With so weak significators it is so unlikely that they will have enough power to perform the inquired action. Andja seem not to have any control on her professional life, or at least on this travel abroad.

Yes, there is an aspect between the Moon (co-ruler of Andja) and the Sun (turned 9th ruler, the abroad), also if we look closely, there is also a collection of light: both the Sun and the Moon are in applying aspect to Uranus, which acts as a collector of light. Also, the Sun is in trine with the 7th house cusp, another connection between the turned 9th house and the 7th house.

I'd say, yes, she might go, but this doesn't seem to be a such good idea, she'll find it even more difficult to live and work abroad than at home.

The only way to be sure that we've interpreted this chart correctly is to wait and see.

A

Anonymous

I didn't notice that Uran! To me it seams that may be it would be a good idea to go to aborod if she want to specializate her knowledge (she is programmer engineer, Uran again) because Uran falls in her 3th house. But that Jupiter retrograde in 9th Andja's turned house, removes from MC for Andja, goes to oposition to Mercury in 4th Andja's turned house, support your opinion that it would be a low progress and not just a good idea! That oposition tell us that she will have difficulties in carrier and at home too.
Goca

pwadm

Staff member
I wanted to ask you if she doesn't work in the computers field. Now, it's a bit clearer:
The opposition between the Moon (co-ruler, represents Andja) and the Sun (ruler of the 9th, going abroad) indicate that she might go, but it'll be really difficult.
However, the collection of both luminaries' light by Uranus (computers), ruler of the 3rd house (of study) indicate that it would be much easier to her if she would study and be better prepared in her field before going abroad.
There is a subtle relationship between the 7th house cusp (Andja) and Pluto - they are in applying conjunction by antiscia - this shows her to be very focused, quite obsessed or determined to go abroad, but his is not a good attitude. It is not wise to do something you're not prepared to do.

A

Anonymous

Hi Radu!
You really know everything about horary! That "antiscia" and all that stuff! Can you suggest me some site to learn something more about that "antiscia"?!
Thanks in advance!
Goca

pwadm

Staff member
Read Anthony Louis' glossary of horary astrology (you'll find it on Google) also Maurice McCann's website (www.tara-astrology.com).
There are plenty of articles on horary astrology in general on the net, one just needs to find them. I studied first what I could find online, then when I bought some books on this subject, I realised they didn't tell me news, almost everything therein could be also found online.
If you want to read a good book, buy Anthony Louis "Horary Astrology: plain and simple", from Amazon.com for instance, it is quite affordable even for Eastern Europeans.

A

Anonymous

Hi Radu!
I prefer to learn from articles online because they are short and because I can select the style of article that I understand easy. Thanks for this link I will check it out!
Thank you,
Goca

A

Anonymous

Hello everyone!
About this chart, I have a thing to ask: shouldn't we consider the 5th house of the chart as Anja's first house? Since she is the daughter of the person asking the question. Why are you considering the 7th?
The Moon in the 5th house also says where the querent's interest lies: her daughter. Now, if we take the 5th as Anja's 1st, then we have Saturn in the (turned) 9th, governed by the Moon. Moon is in the first, applying to Venus (by opposition) who rules Anja's 1st house. So, she might have chances to work abroad, with some difficulties (Moon in Via Combusta, Saturn in 9th, the opposition betw Moon and Venus), but all in all it doesn't look so bad.
So, what about this?

dana

pwadm

Staff member
As far as I know there is a kind of consensus among horary astrologers to consider the 7th house for the person inquired about when this person is mention by name (in this case Andja) and to consider as the quesited the corresponding house when the person is mentioned by his/her relationship with the questioner.
In this case, if Goca would have asked "Will my daughter go abroad?", Andja would have been assigned the 5th house.
I think that this rule originates from Ivy Jacobson Goldstein, although I haven't read her book, only others' comments about it.

dana

Hmm, this is all new to me as I never came across this idea, but you must know better since you have more experience.
Still, if you look from both points of view, you'll see they're both pointing to the same indications: obstacles, problems.
Also, I would like to ask smth. Going through different example charts on the net I noticed the advice (in certain cases) from some astrologers to judge a chart from two different points of view because it gives more clues to the situation. For instance, if a wife asks about her husband and she is deeply concerned about that aspect inquiring about in her husband's life, then we may judge the chart from the perspective of the 7th house (the husband), but also from the 1st house, since she identifies with him. Is this really so? Is it working?

pwadm

Staff member
I think that it works in selected cases when the questioner identifies himself/herself with the situation of the person inquired about. But not always.
That's why, personally, I prefer to use always only the turned chart, which is the one which makes sense. The answer is there (in the turned chart) and you should be able to understand it clearly (if the chart is radical).

dana

thank you kindly.
would you be so kind and tell me what other horary astrologers you know that have examples or horary tutorials posted on their websites. I know only of Diana Stone, McCann, skyscript.co.uk (forgot the name), Carol Wiggers, Christopher Warnock.

pwadm

Staff member
There is Anthony Louis' glossary and tutorial of 10 lessons that you shouldn't miss, also Lee Lehman's site (www.leelehman.com), also John Mithras' webiste where you'll find some good lessons on horary as well as a copy of the famous Christian Astrology by William Lilly (1647).
You might like to read in French - Claude Dariot - Introduction au judgement des astres, Guido Bonatus' considerations on horary.
You'll find the direct link to Dariot and Lilly's books from the Astrology books section of this site.
There is a Japanese site in English on horary, derived from Olivia Barclay.
Also, there are some other interesting articles on horary that I've found on the net during the time, but I don't recall them at this moment.

A

Anonymous

The fifth house is ALWAYS used for your son or daughter in horary whether they are named or not. The seventh house is never used in this situation.

fensi88

In book “The Only Way to Learn About Horary and Electional Astrology (Volume 6)” by Marion D. March & Joan McEvers I read that when ever you name someone that is 7 house. My name was “will Andja go abroad?” not “will my daughter go abroad?”. So, If you think taht you are rigth, do you get another answer to this question?

Thanks, Goca

A

Anonymous

Read John Frawley, Olivia Barclay, Deborah Houlding, William Lilly, Guido Bonatti......... any horary astrologer you can think of and they will ALL say that this is wrong and that you always take the 5th for your child whether you name them or not. March and McEvers are wrong and you can look at any other astrology book to see that. There is no such rule as placing a named person on the 7th house cusp.

A

Anonymous

I just looked at the chart and I don't see that this person will be going overseas at this time. It seems partly to do with the mother not wanting her to go (which is understandable), but it appears that she will stay at home (her significator is Saturn and is in the 1st).

fensi88

Anonymous said:
Read John Frawley, Olivia Barclay, Deborah Houlding, William Lilly, Guido Bonatti......... any horary astrologer you can think of and they will ALL say that this is wrong and that you always take the 5th for your child whether you name them or not. March and McEvers are wrong and you can look at any other astrology book to see that. There is no such rule as placing a named person on the 7th house cusp.

Anonymous said:
I just looked at the chart and I don't see that this person will be going overseas at this time. It seems partly to do with the mother not wanting her to go (which is understandable), but it appears that she will stay at home (her significator is Saturn and is in the 1st).

I do not know if the same person wrote these two post but it is evidence that the 7 house is used for Andja.

About March and McEvers thay are admit that thay have "modern" approach to horary (times change, rules change), thay use Pl, Ne, Ur in there chart's interpretations and have a lot of exaples in which "there rules" works. I have no such practise to say now which of this method is more preciese but I am in research process and will chouse that one which gives me best results.

Greetings,
Goca

pwadm

Staff member
I think this rule originated from Ivy Jacobson, but I'm not sure about this.
I agree it seems logical to use the house that describes the person's relationship to the querent. I'll keep an eye on this comparing the two versions.
Thanks for pointing it out!