Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Spiritual Realm

Spiritual Realm This is the place for deep conversations on the divine, spiritual, esoteric, metaphysical, and arcane in your life.

Unread 06-10-2012, 06:07 AM

Crows signify death???

Any of you believe that crows mean impending death? I've grown up believing this superstition as have generations of my family but never really experienced it until recently. Now I'm wondering if it's true or just me playing into the story!

Anyhow, I've been living in my current home for just a little over a year and Ive never had crows constantly in my yard or in my area. We have quite a few trees around us so you would think it would attract crows but we get the odd few who come and go fairly quickly and don't make much noise....last week/weekend I started noticing multiple crows in my yard, in the trees and on my roof and they would keep cawing. It was too the point where it was so loud and frequent that I was getting quite annoyed and even commented about it to other people. Im not too sure about the sleep cycle of birds but usually by 7pm they are pretty scarce and the fact that I had crows crowing on my roof at 9pm and later was quite puzzling.

I continued to notice this for a few days and then all of a sudden this past Tuesday they disappeared and I have not seen them since. Not a single crow and not a single sound. It's back to the way it's been for the past year.

The day they disappeared is the day we got a phone call informing us that my hubby's great grandma had past away!

I've been thinking about the whole thing ever since and have been wondering if this superstition really is true. Any of you out there experience this before? I'd like to know what your opinions on the topic are!

I am also wondering that if it is true, then why did the crows come to me? She didn't live with me, she wasn't even in the same country. I wasn't close to her, I barely knew her and from what my hubby says he wasn't too fond of her so the connection can't be through him!?!?

Ariesgurl
Unread 06-10-2012, 06:44 AM

Re: Crows signify death???

Crows...or birds of any kind...are bad luck when they are trying to come into your life, (e.g hitting windows of your home, coming through doors, etc.). I can vouch for this from personal experience. Irish heritage here...
Unread 06-10-2012, 08:11 AM

Crows got their reputation (symbolically) because they were connected with Saturn (and therefore Saturn affinities) in the ancient times. I personally reject this categorical association of crows with Saturn (although I do consider there can be such an association), and I take a much wider outlook regarding omenology, and I always include the circumstances in totality, in which an omen occurs.
Unread 06-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Banned

I personally have rejected all the myths superstitions around birds and other stuff

They are fear based so I have no time for them.

Now I hear a crow and I think, its a crow crowing I see a Magpie in my garden and think what a beautiful colour their tail is

Life is too short to be superstitious and fearful
Unread 06-11-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *emma* View Post
I personally have rejected all the myths superstitions around birds and other stuff

Now I hear a crow and I think, its a crow crowing I see a Magpie in my garden and think what a beautiful colour their tail is

I grew up in an extremely superstitous family and never believed any of it. The last two *unexpected* deaths in my family were preceded by birds trying to fly through windows in both my home and office. I was at work talking to a co-worker about some recent deaths in my family when a bird smacked into the window. I laughed and said that it couldn't be a warning for me as I had just lost three family members...I was wrong. I now believe there is *something* to it.
Unread 06-11-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eedwards View Post
I grew up in an extremely superstitous family and never believed any of it. The last two *unexpected* deaths in my family were preceded by birds trying to fly through windows in both my home and office. I was at work talking to a co-worker about some recent deaths in my family when a bird smacked into the window. I laughed and said that it couldn't be a warning for me as I had just lost three family members...I was wrong. I now believe there is *something* to it.
I'm thinking maybe this symbol arrives in the life of someone who can associate it with a specific event? You said you knew this association because of your Irish heritage. For example I thought ravens symbolise wisdom. I wouldn't associate crows with something unpleasant. So maybe the Universe sends a certain symbol only to someone who can understand it (and so the meaning can change)?
Unread 06-13-2012, 04:33 AM

Quote:
I too grew up in an extremely superstitious family so that's what makes me question if it's real or just something I'm believing because that's what I have been told to believe....
Unread 06-15-2012, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:

i grew up with my dad who was superstitious my mother was more down to earth, guess which one was always right, yup mum

{Deleted comment by moderator}

Last edited by wintersprite1; 06-15-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: opinion stated as fact and provoking quality
Unread 11-11-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *emma* View Post

In response to your above quote, there is no gain for people who live in ignorance of the Universe's Guidance. Have you ever thought that perhaps the Universe it trying to help you, by giving you messages ?? Instead of choosing to believe that this type of wisdom is fear based, maybe you could instead believe that this type of Feminine intuition is based on TRUTH and not on fear. How very sad that you judge such wisdom as fear based, when you obviously have NO idea of the deeper wisdom and truth of the Universe. Very sad indeed. If we need answers about our life the Universe WILL showl us in ways that may seem rather "unusual" and if we ignore the messages then more fool us... i would surmise that your life is VERY dull and boring without such magical guidance and wisdom in your life. Very sad indeed