How does this work

Milarien

Curious... when there is an ongoing situation, but yet there are no aspects between significators, no translation of light, no collection of light... just nothing...

How do you deal with a chart like this?

Attachments

• how does this work.jpg
    how does this work.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 42

IleneK

Premium Member
Well, it depends upon the kind of question, but it points to no connection, no action at this time, no success...

Milarien

Well, the question would depend upon the person asking and what they wanted to know... a lot of people ask me to do charts for them (even though I'm just a novice) - horary seems to hold a fascination for many. So I'm trying to work out all the different permutations.

In this case the person asked was it over... but there was no actual no - I'd have expected a separating aspect; so I went with there's no action at the time, wait and see what happens... that might have been wrong... :/

I could; it depends upon the question.

waybread

We can't answer your question because without knowing what it is, we cannot assign houses to the querent or quesited.

Generally a "nothing" chart would mean a "no" answer.

Milarien

I did actually say what the question was that I was asked to answer... It was "was their relationship over". Why does no aspect mean no, instead of "no action at the moment"?

So, if someone asks me is my relationship over, and there is no aspect between their significators, I can safely tell them no it's not over? That's very counter intuitive to me...

We can't answer your question because without knowing what it is, we cannot assign houses to the querent or quesited.

Generally a "nothing" chart would mean a "no" answer.

Last edited:

waybread

Thanks, Milarian. Sometimes I'm slow on the uptake. I didn't understand what "it" meant.

Let's reverse your question. What gives a favorable "yes" answer? An applying sextile, trine, or conjunction. Good reception of essential dignities, notably mutual reception. I've not had much luck using antiscia, but some horary astrologers use them successfully. As you mention, translation/collection of light.

If the main significators apply to an aspect, but it's an opposition or a square, that indicates a connection, but one that doesn't go well. A couple might reconcile but they won't get along this time, either.

So what's the opposite of a "yes" answer?? It looks like a "no" to me. Especially with a separating aspect between the main significators.

Saturn in the first traditionally means the outcome won't be what the querent hopes.

Then there are the cautions against judgement. I take a VOC moon to mean the current situation is unlikely to change. If they're apart now, then this situation is likely to persist.

In the chart you posted, Venus (quesited) has past its last aspect with Mars: they're separating. Mars falls in Cancer.

The moon applying to a conjunction with Jupiter is hard to read. Maybe you have some thoughts on what this means.

Milarien

Hi,

sorry for not making it clearer. The moon isn't void of course, it's applying to a conjunction with Jupiter, so that's not an issue.

No, I've had no luck with antiscia either, despite hours and months of reading they still make little sense to me, although some seem to find them of great value.

The Moons last aspect is the conjunction to Jupiter... that's usually a very positive indication - many take it to mean a woman who can have a very positive influence on your life... it's her co-significator conjuncting the major benefic, It's usually a "feel good" kind of aspect... often connecting with someone of that nature... Jupiter's about to change sign, indicating a change in a situation somewhere, perhaps she should travel and meet new people? Given that Jupiters rules the 9th and 11th... I hadn't really given much thought to the moon, although that was an oversight on my part.

The moon's last aspect was a square to Venus, although they didn't part on bad terms (that I'm aware of - they may have...?)

However, people repeatedly tell me the horary answers the question as you ask it, so a no answer, would be no it's not over... but it also looks like nothing is going to happen... nothing will change, which, in itself, leads to a yes it's over answer... now I've confused myself completely :/ lol.

Thanks for the help and sorry I wasn't clearer. I don't want to give negative answers when there might be a positive hiding in there somewhere.

Mila

Thanks, Milarian. Sometimes I'm slow on the uptake. I didn't understand what "it" meant.

Let's reverse your question. What gives a favorable "yes" answer? An applying sextile, trine, or conjunction. Good reception of essential dignities, notably mutual reception. I've not had much luck using antiscia, but some horary astrologers use them successfully. As you mention, translation/collection of light.

If the main significators apply to an aspect, but it's an opposition or a square, that indicates a connection, but one that doesn't go well. A couple might reconcile but they won't get along this time, either.

So what's the opposite of a "yes" answer?? It looks like a "no" to me. Especially with a separating aspect between the main significators.

Saturn in the first traditionally means the outcome won't be what the querent hopes.

Then there are the cautions against judgement. I take a VOC moon to mean the current situation is unlikely to change. If they're apart now, then this situation is likely to persist.

In the chart you posted, Venus (quesited) has past its last aspect with Mars: they're separating. Mars falls in Cancer.

The moon applying to a conjunction with Jupiter is hard to read. Maybe you have some thoughts on what this means.

Milarien

Saturn isn't in the first, it's in the 10th house.... ???

IleneK

Premium Member
Well, the question would depend upon the person asking and what they wanted to know... a lot of people ask me to do charts for them (even though I'm just a novice) - horary seems to hold a fascination for many. So I'm trying to work out all the different permutations.

In this case the person asked was it over... but there was no actual no - I'd have expected a separating aspect; so I went with there's no action at the time, wait and see what happens... that might have been wrong... :/

Just coming back to this, if the question is, "is it over?" and there is no aspect between the querent and the quesited, then I might take it to mean that they are not coming back together, which to me implies that it is over. Charts are not necessarily so precise as to show the sigs separating because the relationship is over. The sigs can be what is called disjunct, one sign or five signs apart [as in this particular case], and this would suggest that they don't see eye to eye and they are not staying together, rather than there necessarily being a separating aspect in the chart.
I would personally take this to be a bit more dire than no action or wait and see what happens. But that is just me.
And I do agree with you that Moon's conjunction with Jupiter is a favorable indicator.
So its a mixed bag.

Does that help a bit?

Last edited:

Milarien

Thanks for that Ilene :) It is a little bit of a mixed bag... but it gives me a reference for future charts like this.

Greatly appreciated :)

Mila

Just coming back to this, if the question is, "is it over?" and there is no aspect between the querent and the quesited, then I might take it to mean that they are not coming back together, which to me implies that it is over. Charts are not necessarily so precise as to show the sigs separating because the relationship is over. The sigs can be what is called disjunct, one sign or five signs apart [as in this particular case], and this would suggest that they don't see eye to eye and they are not staying together, rather than there necessarily being a separating aspect in the chart.
I would personally take this to be a bit more dire than no action or wait and see what happens. But that is just me.
And I do agree with you that Moon's conjunction with Jupiter is a favorable indicator.
So its a mixed bag.

Does that help a bit?

waybread

Saturn isn't in the first, it's in the 10th house.... ???

I know that, MIlarian.

I'm just giving you some examples of when a chart doesn't give a clear "yes answer.".

I also knew that the moon wasn't VOC, incidentally. Again, just giving examples for future reference.

Is there a problem with qiving the querent a "no" answer? Generally s/he won't be happy about it. But I see our job as telling the truth as we see it. Not producing what the querent is hoping to hear.

Last edited:

Milarien

No, it's not a problem per se; it's just sad to give someone bad news.

I know that, MIlarian.

I'm just giving you some examples of when a chart doesn't give a clear "yes answer.".

I also knew that the moon wasn't VOC, incidentally. Again, just giving examples for future reference.

Is there a problem with qiving the querent a "no" answer? Generally s/he won't be happy about it. But I see our job as telling the truth as we see it. Not producing what the querent is hoping to hear.

Milarien

Apologies... there was nothing to indicate to me these were examples, so I was confused.

Cheers and thanks :)

I know that, MIlarian.