Did He Sabotage My Recommendations?

Hello there,

I hope that everyone is having a great day.

My question relates a little more to education, but it also involves current and future career issues. Basically, I've been working at my job for over a year now, and I've intended to apply to business school for quite some time. As all business schools strongly recommend that you ask your current supervisor to write one of your recommendations, I had a meeting with him towards the end of last year and let him know about my intention to attend business school in August '18. He agreed to filling out the recommendation letters, stated that he was grateful for the amount of respect given to him, and did not show any signs that caused me to worry. (A little backstory: when I first started working at my current job, I was informed that my supervisor has a reputation for being a hothead, petty, and misogynistic. I did not want to jump to conclusions because it's not good practice to, but I really debated for a long time before asking him to fill out my recommendations because of this.)

He submitted everything and showed me the letter afterwards, which was a little vague, but still very positive. What worries me now is that, when I received my year-end review, he included quite a few shocking criticisms that were exceedingly harsh and, in my opinion, undeserving. This was miles away from my last review. Actually, he started to become more and more passive-aggressive and demanding towards me ever since I asked him to write the LORs, and has even lied to me about not following work protocol in emails once again this week. Additionally, he did not mention any criticisms that I now understand he could have included in all of the recommendations.

Basically, I'm now concerned that he has written unsavory things about my character, which is truly unfounded. I know that I don't have to prove anything to anyone here, and that the chart should show what's going on, but I'm just so torn up over it. Management he works closely with, as well as an HR manager, we're much less friendly than normal soon after I received the review. More than anything, I want to know whether he wrote a bad recommendation, which could very well hurt my applications.

View attachment 72653

Scorpio moon shows my emotional state. I was definitely in a state of confusion before I received the appraisal (Via Combusta), but once I saw that, I have been losing sleep over the whole ordeal, having headaches, etc. I think that Mars in Scorpio represent the recommendations, and that it shows the power that they have. It is conjunct a fixed asteroid that signifies "Clever, evil environment,... involved with plots, hypocrisy, deceit." I also think that my boss is signified by Jupiter, and he's also conjunct a fixed star which is actually quite positive. So I'm confused. :sad:

The schools are represented by venus, I think. What is confusing to me is Sun combust Venus... Are the schools overwhelmed by something? Also, I can't tell what Saturn (5th and 6th house ruler) is, but Mercury (me) has just shifted into the sign of Capricorn, and the Venus, Sun, and Mercury are all 'for' Saturn. I also know that Mercury is conjunct the fixed star Polis, which heralds success and the attainment of high-level positions, victory, etc.

So I'm at a loss! Scorpio moon definitely has me worried, as does the strength of Mars. Also, Mars is detriment when posed against Venus.

What do you think? I'd be extremely grateful for your help. Thank you so much for reading. :happy:

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry, I just realized this!

Here it is:

RL Horary Question.jpg

katem

Banned
Just glanced, your Neptune is exalted in the sixth house which can be work. Neptune is imagination etc, which makes me think just looking at this, without any other part of the chart, that you could be imagining the harm, or certainly being a bit dreamy.

Do you understand this is an horary chart and not a natal chart? I have absolutely no issue with (good) Scorpios, and, as any empathetic person would, am very happy to get along with any sign. I even have a little bit of every sign in my own natal chart, whether by placement, house, or influence, so I'm not slagging anyone off.

For horary charts, moon in Scorpio is normally not a good sign because it's in fall. Also it just came out of Via Combusta, which is also not a good sign. Additionally, Neptune is not traditionally looked at for horary charts.

In sum, please don't make assumptions about my feelings for Scorpios. I know what it feels like to be judged unfairly, and would do that to another. Thank you.

tikana

I have my doubts that he was sabotaging BUT it seems like he didn't put more effort in it..
because Merc should not be that malignant as it is .. plus it is conjuncting Saturn .. Saturn is dignified so IMO it was not malicious
yet it did not do its job (the letter)
moon in fall shows your disappointment more than anything else.