The Murky Depths of the 8th House

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Love, passion, obsession ~ the murky depths of the 8th house

I have posted my chart here to hopefully initiate a discussion, and hear others thoughts on the 8th house and how they have experienced this house. I would also welcome any comments specifically on my chart.

I have Moon, Venus, Pluto and Uranus in the 8th house. I feel that having Moon, Venus and Pluto in Libra, in the 8th house, have been at the root of behaviours I display within intimate relationships. It seems that these behaviours are only evident in my closest and deepest relationships, which is usually just my intimate partner – usually sexual, but not always (could be a very close friend).

I tend to develop obsessive, possessive and jealous behaviours, which I am aware of, but have trouble controlling. I develop deep bonds, and quickly desire to know all about my intimate partner ~ it is as though I can’t go deep enough! In the past this has scared off potential partners, who do not know how to take all the questions I ask, and do not desire to plumb the depths, as I do!

I am reminded of this quote, by the author Anais Nin, which is one of my favourite quotes:

“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”

I have had transiting Uranus opposing my natal Moon, and Transiting Pluto squaring my Moon, and I have been experiencing a lot of emotional turmoil. I am becoming more aware of out-moded reactions and behaviours which no longer seem to be working for me…

I have two queries:

1) Is it the focus of Moon, Venus and Pluto in the 8th house in Libra that is at the root of these behaviours, or something else in my chart?
2) Is there anything contained within my chart that would indicate how this intensity can be offset or minimised, as I would really like to know how I can tap into this?

Please feel free to contribute any ideas or thoughts or feelings you may have on these topics…does anyone else have similar experiences or placements? I would welcome any input or contribution!

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Bina

Hi,

two things I immediately noticed about your chart:

1. the opposition to your Libran/8th house planets from Jupiter, which would tend to amplify this constellation and also add to it being played out in relationships.

2. as you already mentioned, the ongoing Pluto/Uranus square is greatly affecting you, and i guess the cardinal cross which happened earlier this year also had a strong impact on you?

Transiting Uranus conjunct and transiting Jupiter closely trining your own Jupiter could make you feel like you want to break free of all the old patterns of relating.. especially as trans. Uranus is also opposing your moon and trans. Jupiter sextile moon, creating a helpful bridge for the natal opposition.

The square from trans. Pluto to your Pluto/Moon is still ongoing - in fact Pluto just went direct so close to squaring your own Pluto! Altogether quite a complicated pattern!

Pluto/Moon on it's own can be very obsessive/compulsive/jealous as it carries deep unconscious patterns of relating. This conjunction being placed in the 8th house intensifies this even more!

Your Sag Sun and Mercury conjunction would want to be free of the 8th house turmoil, and it's ruler Jupiter making those favourable aspects by transit could really help you in understanding and clearing away a lot of the old unconscious patterns.

Also Chiron is just transiting your Asc, pointing at a healing crisis occurring as well. (P.S. I also have Pisces Asc and close to yours at 11°)

Do you know Jeff Green's Book "Pluto - The evolutionary Journey of the Soul"?
I think it could help you a lot in understanding your Moon/Pluto dynamic.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Bina

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hi Bina,

Thanks so much for replying!:joyful:

1. the opposition to your Libran/8th house planets from Jupiter, which would tend to amplify this constellation and also add to it being played out in relationships.

Absolutely agree with what you have stated above.

2. as you already mentioned, the ongoing Pluto/Uranus square is greatly affecting you, and i guess the cardinal cross which happened earlier this year also had a strong impact on you?

Yes! I have been emotionally up and down throughout this period, and have been finding it difficult to stabilise my emotions. I thought Saturn transiting over my Libran planets was difficult a couple of years ago; however these Pluto and Uranus transits have been even more tumultuous!

Transiting Uranus conjunct and transiting Jupiter closely trining your own Jupiter could make you feel like you want to break free of all the old patterns of relating.. especially as trans. Uranus is also opposing your moon and trans. Jupiter sextile moon, creating a helpful bridge for the natal opposition.

I hadn't considered Jupiter's role before, so thank you again for your observations!

The square from trans. Pluto to your Pluto/Moon is still ongoing - in fact Pluto just went direct so close to squaring your own Pluto! Altogether quite a complicated pattern!

...I know...

Pluto/Moon on it's own can be very obsessive/compulsive/jealous as it carries deep unconscious patterns of relating. This conjunction being placed in the 8th house intensifies this even more!

Yes, I tend to develop strong emotional bonds in my intimate relationships, and I acknowledge the obsessive/controlling/jealous nature that can rear it's ugly head within those relationships...ah! I would really like to overcome those and hopefully develop the higher frequency associated with Moon/Pluto (if there is one!?!?)

Your Sag Sun and Mercury conjunction would want to be free of the 8th house turmoil, and it's ruler Jupiter making those favourable aspects by transit could really help you in understanding and clearing away a lot of the old unconscious patterns.

Yes! I am ready to move on from all the crashing waves, undertows, and flooding rivers and create some calm, clear flowing streams in my life!

Also Chiron is just transiting your Asc, pointing at a healing crisis occurring as well. (P.S. I also have Pisces Asc and close to yours at 11°)

I have tried to research this transit (Chiron conjunct ASC) to no avail...it's really hard to find information on that! I'm feeling like for me, it is more emotional healing, considering all the transits to my natal Moon, and also with my Progressed Moon in Pisces having just crossed my Natal Ascendant.
What was your experience of that Chiron transit, Bina?

Do you know Jeff Green's Book "Pluto - The evolutionary Journey of the Soul"?
I think it could help you a lot in understanding your Moon/Pluto dynamic.

I am familiar with that book, and believe I have perused it, however I have never read the whole book...perhaps it is time!

Hope this helps! :smile:
Bina

Yes, it helps a lot! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond Bina; your observations and input are much appreciated :smile:

I may have more to say later...

Last edited:

greybeard

The 8th House, per se, does not show possessiveness, jealousy and obsession.
It is the configuration of planets that does so.

Bina properly points out the power of Jupiter.

Jupiter is the single planet opposing three other planets. This is a formation ("fanhandle") that throws the emphasis on Jupiter. It is similar in function to a stellium, but it is the sign of Aries that receives the emphasis, not Libra. The opposition is very tight, thus very powerful.

Jupiter is lord of the horoscope. We also note that Neptune culminates, so there is a very strong pointing toward Pisces in any case.

Jupiter is singleton east. A singleton planet (by hemisphere) always assumes a primary role in any horoscope. It dominates the life.

All three planets below the horizon are retrograde. This is a strong indication of someone who does not feel like they "belong" in a family setting. The native is a solitary creature, a lone wolf -- whether or not they are involved in a relationship. The longing for "connection" is unsatisfied.

When we look at the disposition of the chart, the Libra triplet is disposed by Venus. All the other planets in the chart are under the triumvirate of Jupter, Mercury and Mars. Such a division of the chart suggests that the life holds two distinct areas of concern. Jupiter, by aspect, is the planet that most powerfully unifies these two areas.

The retrograde planets suggest "alienation" from family ties, as mentioned above. Do we find other indications that might expand on this? Yes: Moon-Pluto conjunct, very close, show a powerful relationship with the mother, probably discordant and involving a struggle for power (8th house adds to this). Jupiter opposes Moon, natural ruler of "mother" and "family" (nurture and support). Also, the cazimi Mercury is lord of the 4th, thus accidental ruler of family affairs. He disposes Mars, retrograde in the 4th. Mars in the 4th is not particularly favorable for family matters and......he is retrograde. Mars is found in retrograde motion only about 8% of the time (in about 8% of all horoscopes) and when this condition exists it must be very important (because of its rarity) and must not be ignored.

Venus is in her own sign of Libra -- the sign of "relationship" and of establishing harmony and balance. Venus is "strong" because in her dignity and holding disposition of the important Moon-Pluto conjunction, but her aspects are not favorable. Thus she is strong, but not particularly "good". She is semi-square the cazimi and Mercury is accidental lord of the 7th (and 4th).

Neptune is angular. Thus Neptune is very powerful. He squares the horizon, the line defining the relationship between self/not-self (relationship to "the other"). Also, Jupiter is in Aries (sign of "self") and is lord of the Ascendant (the self). Jupiter, the key to this chart, is retrograde and is disposed by a retrograde planet. Looks like "self-interest" is dominant over "relationships".

Last edited:

Bina

Thanks for all your feedback, I really appreciate it!

Am thinking about the Chiron transit to Asc - I think to start with it was more of a physical crisis for me, I had a couple of slipped disks at that time... but then it also made me go inward, since i was pretty much immobilized, and sort out my emotional world a bit. In the end it turned out a major healing step and it feels like i worked through some long-term issues. It seems to have fundamentally changed the way i see and treat myself - I've come out with more love, acceptance and understanding for myself... :smile:

Last edited:

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hello greybeard,

Thank you so much for replying.

Your interpretations and observations have given me much to contemplate. I think I am still reflecting over what you have said...so I may have more to add later, once it all sinks in.

You indicate the strength of Jupiter in my chart, and it would seem as you stated, that it is the key to my natal chart. So, I should be looking towards Jupiter for guidance...

Your interpretation of the retrograde planets below the horizon certainly resonates with me..."Lone Wolf". I have always felt this way, not only within my family, but also within the larger "family" (community/humanity).

Regarding Moon/Pluto, the 4th house and my mother - there is certainly something to that, however it all seems to be below the surface. There are under-currents to my relationship with my mother, that are never really spoken upon - openly, our relationship appears just fine, however I know there is more to it. It is not really something I will delve into now, and this is partly because I feel I am currently "tilling the soil" on this one right now, and partly because I don't know if it is the right place for it!

You speak about the longing for connection being unsatisfied - is this because of my own expectations and how I experience connection? I guess this is a question for me to answer, ha! It is true, that even when I am in a relationship, I feel alone, and obviously this is just my experience and not the actual reality (but then again, what is real?). What I wonder is if this is something that can be adjusted or altered or "worked on", or is it a matter of accepting who I am, and that I will never feel satisfied with the connections I establish?

Greybeard, you also observe that "self interest" is dominant over "relationships"...perhaps I should be focusing more on my "self" rather than "the other"? I feel like it is always the other way round, however it doesn't really seem to be working for me!

You have given me a lot to contemplate, and actually really gotten me thinking more deeply about my chart, greybeard, so I may have more to reflect back later.

Once again, thank you for your time and insights :)

Last edited:

kimbermoon

Indeed the 8th H can be rather enigmatic, and difficult to interpret given it's normal associations. As I see it, since the 2nd house relates to personal physical resources, the 8th is more about spiritual resources, which is often the only remedy in overcoming the hurdles that plague us in life. The 8th H relates to crisis and critical events, which are typically recorded at the emotional, and psychological level. Scorpio's natural rulership of this house shows survival and transformation, thus the planets therein can denote significant psychological patterns that are indeed deeply imbedded in the psyche.

Since the Moon, [emotional security] Venus [ideals, values and expectations] and Pluto [ the power to transform] are found afflicted in this house, yes I would say it points to your personal trouble areas. You may find relief though through the supportive aspects of Uranus / Moon to Mars; also strength between Jupiter and Mercury / Neptune.

Saturn moving now to transit your NN could well allow you to regain a sense of stability and security
Remember also that the afflictions can offer an avenue for significant personal development, especially since you are now 'becoming more aware'...for that is the key to letting go of that which hinders you.

Uranus=freedom of thought; Pluto=survival and resurrection at the Soul level.
Your 9th H energies promise the ability to expand your perceptions and attitudes by increasing your conscious awareness of your inner self and what needs to be healed within.

Taking on a more spiritual attitude of acceptance, tolerance, compassion, empathy, charity, forgiveness, creativity and divine love can help you to see things in their proper light. Don't forget to express an 'attitude of gratitude' and thankfulness for the blessings you have also received.

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hello kimbermoon,

Thank you for your contribution, I always enjoy reading your posts, as they come from the heart. :joyful:

I agree with what you have said regarding the 8th house, and I have found it also to be "enigmatic and difficult to interpret"...I think that is why I have struggled to understand what it means for me and how it works within my natal chart.

I really feel that this is a time in my life for becoming more aware and conscious of who I am. I have this constant battle ~ I want to go deeper within myself, however I am afraid of what I may discover... Time to let go of that fear??

Your 9th H energies promise the ability to expand your perceptions and attitudes by increasing your conscious awareness of your inner self and what needs to be healed within.

I think with my 9th house, I have always been searching "outside" myself; thinking I should be focusing more on travel and higher learning. However, I feel what you have said here rings true...expanding my perceptions by looking "inside" - wow, yep!! It is something I have been aware of for a long time, but as I mentioned above, I have this fear of what I may discover or experience...I want that, but I am afraid of that.

Taking on a more spiritual attitude of acceptance, tolerance, compassion, empathy, charity, forgiveness, creativity and divine love can help you to see things in their proper light. Don't forget to express an 'attitude of gratitude' and thankfulness for the blessings you have also received.

I absolutely agree with what you say above, and really do try to focus on these things. I know I have much to learn and find it a challenge to always embody these attributes and attitudes; but I do try to be mindful. Thank you so much for reflecting this to me kimbermoon :joyful:

Thank you for pointing out the positive aspects and energies that I can try to draw upon, and which may help me with the more challenging areas of my chart.

I really value your time and input kimbermoon ~ thank you!

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hi Bina,

thank you for sharing your experience here...I don't know what to expect (if anything), with this Chiron transit :unsure:
Time will tell, I'm sure...

Thanks for all your feedback, I really appreciate it!

Am thinking about the Chiron transit to Asc - I think to start with it was more of a physical crisis for me, I had a couple of slipped disks at that time... but then it also made me go inward, since i was pretty much immobilized, and sort out my emotional world a bit. In the end it turned out a major healing step and it feels like i worked through some long-term issues. It seems to have fundamentally changed the way i see and treat myself - I've come out with more love, acceptance and understanding for myself... :smile:

nix

Hi PisceanPallas.

Also having a Pisces Ascendant, my 8th house is in Libra and in it a Scorpio Pluto has made it's home.
I can relate to wanting to have a deep, intimate relationship and swimming through the 'dark' emotional sea. If I understand correctly you come on too strong, wanting to know everything about your intimate partner? But do you share everything? Do you open up the way you expect them to?

I've recently experienced a hard Plutonian lesson. It is said that with Pluto in the 8th, you face your shadow through intimate relationships. You just need to realize that it's YOUR shadow. There's constant work on deciphering which feelings are yours and which belong to your partner. Maybe your Libran planets like the shallow waters, thus you keep experiencing/attracting partners like this?

In my case I was always asking heavy questions, wanting him to think deeply, feel, reflect. But I never got any answers. He always rationalized or just didn't know what to say. It felt like there was so much hiding underneath, just bubbling below the surface but he never wanted to share. His actions screamed, but he kept quiet. The closest I got to something was when he said: "I know I've got problems I just don't want to deal with them."
So... I realized I was asking the wrong person. I was actually the one that needed to answer them, to myself. I wanted to deal with it, to help myself feel what I never dared before. To swim in my murky depths.
When I've faced my shadow, integrated it and accepted myself, then I believe I will attract someone who was able to do the same and we can swim through everything together. :)

Hope this gives you some insight.

Best,
nix

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hi nix,

Thanks for responding, as I really resonated with what you had to say here.

The questions you raise are certainly ones I have reflected upon…I have been informed by partners in the past that I do not open up completely and keep things from them (and myself). It is a dance of “I want to go deeper, but I’m afraid to go deeper”. Perhaps this is the conflict of Libra being in the 8th house…Libra likes to keep things “lite” and on the surface…8th house wants to plumb the depths?

As much as this is not something I would not like to admit, with Pluto in the 8th house, and especially with it being conjunct the Moon, there is a feeling of wanting to be in control and having power over the emotions; both mine and my partners. There is something dark there, but also something pure. I want to know what drives them, what they feel and why they are feeling it…when perhaps I should be looking within and asking the same questions of myself. More inner reflection perhaps and less focus on the “other”…

I do have a partner who has been there for me emotionally, and willing to work with me, through all the tidal changes I have been experiencing ~ I see that as a blessing indeed.

I am reminded of a dream I had a couple of months ago where I was in boat that was sinking, and it seemed to turn into a submarine, and it was going deeper and deeper. All I could think was “I’m going to die…I’m going to drown…my lungs are going to fill with water, and that is how I am going to die!” (I know, quite macabre because in my dream I was imagining the water going into my lungs and what it would feel like to drown). We were going deeper into the ocean for such a long time before we hit the bottom. There appeared to be glass at the front of the “submarine”, which cracked, and I was imagining the water bursting into “submarine”. Through the glass, I could see out into the “ocean” however I could see that in fact we were on the land and not on the ocean floor at ll! Such relief as I knew that I was not going to drown!

I often dream of bodies of water ~ ocean, rivers, lakes...often flooding, massive waves; overwhelmed with emotion.

Anyway…I digress… (well, kinda)…

Thank you nix for your contributions ~ most insightful!:smile:

nix

Hi, thank you for your response.

I hear you about the dance, though with your Moon and Venus also there you probably feel it way more consciously. I like your description, there is power that comes from truly knowing the other, but I feel empowerment is what one with 8th house planets should seek and that comes from knowing thyself, like you said. I just had a thought: Libra 8th house uses intellectual relating to go deep. ? Or maybe that was already said in a way.. [some serious brainstorming going on] Or maybe: inner reflection trough the focus on 'the other'. I think we're getting somewhere :)

I'm glad to hear you have a 'swimming partner'. :)

I love the powerful imagery and symbolism of your dream. Do you remember what was happening in your life back then? Does it correlate somehow?
I also have really vivid dreams. I keep a dream diary and it gives me lots of insight.
Overwhelmed with emotion, yes.. I usually dream of powerful waters when I'm emotionally overwhelmed in life. That's definitely some Pisces rising stuff.

Thank you again, I feel I've got some new theories brewing with the help of your last post. :)

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hi nix,

Just some random musings on this idea you mentioned:

Libra 8th house uses intellectual relating to go deep. ?

I can totally see this within me...I analyse and over-analyse, and think and over-think ~ which can be so detrimental! My mind can go a million miles an hour at time (Mercury cazimi Sun?), and move from one thought to the next so quickly, and before I know it, it has escalated to some outrageous story (Neptune) in my mind!!! Ah! And then these thoughts overwhelm me with emotion, which is not so great...for me, or my relationships.

In regards to what was happening around the time of that dream ~ lots of emotional turmoil relating to my relationship; but I think a lot of it stems from my own inner turmoil. What do I want? What do I need? Who am I? Where am I going?

astralrabbit

Account Closed
Hi nix,

Just some random musings on this idea you mentioned:

I can totally see this within me...I analyse and over-analyse, and think and over-think ~ which can be so detrimental! My mind can go a million miles an hour at time (Mercury cazimi Sun?), and move from one thought to the next so quickly, and before I know it, it has escalated to some outrageous story (Neptune) in my mind!!! Ah! And then these thoughts overwhelm me with emotion, which is not so great...for me, or my relationships.

In regards to what was happening around the time of that dream ~ lots of emotional turmoil relating to my relationship; but I think a lot of it stems from my own inner turmoil. What do I want? What do I need? Who am I? Where am I going?

Hello Pallas, thank you for sharing your experience, it is very brave and admirable of you to open up in effort to ask the universe for reflections....the greatest growth of one's being can be attained easily by facing one's fear...

In regards to your tendency to over-analyzation as mentioned here above; do you recognize when you are doing that in that moment? I would certainly attribute that to the energy dis-posited from Jupiter into Mars and then of course into the Mercury-Sun conj. With the energy of the Mars retrograde it seems to become more internalized as you may know, and with your particular natal aspects here, it can actually give an incredible ability to focus. Question now becomes; How can you use that ability to focus on slowing down those thoughts to quiet the chatter from over-analyzing? We are all born with these natal energies that help shape what we create in front of us; and once we become aware of these energies, the question then becomes how do we transmute these energies that could manifest negatively or positively into more productive energy that doesn't destabilize our psyche with fear and trepidation?; with the same effort used by a potter who shapes her clay for her masterpiece maybe? I feel comfortable stating, that there is nothing wrong with wanting to connect on a deep level with everyone we meet; it is of course, the manner in which we connect with everyone which can be rewarding to all parties involved or can become overly obsessive in nature if that energy is not reciprocated from the other person or person's. What has been your initial internal reactions to the knowledge of the wonderful delineations above and now with knowing, what do you feel is the best course of action. Your awareness is key.

Rick

Banned
Hey :)
I have 3 or 4 planets in the 8th, and I can totally relate to what you say...I need to go deep....so very deep...and I've been so frustrated in this life because of everyone being so **** superficial :)
I have Pluto in Libra in the 3rd, so my mind works like a super computer, always ready to analyze and dig deep on everything...I also have a lot of water-themed dreams, rivers, lakes, ocean, surfing, boating etc...
btw I think your submarine dream means you're not going deep enough. Then again it could also mean your Libran 8th house likes to keep it superficial, like you're somehow simultaneously under deep water and on dry land. I guess you should see it as "depth transcended..."

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hi astralrabbit,

Thank you for responding. It was definitely a fear of mine to discuss these issues (especially on a forum), but I really wanted to push through that fear and see what the universe presented to me...

Usually I am well aware when I am over-analysing things, and I just let it spiral out of control. It's almost as if I have to let it go as far as it can go; and then I dwell on it for some time before letting it go. Not good. I believe the only thing that really helps here is quietening the mind; meditation. It is something I have struggled with for many years, going through periods where I do meditate (and it certainly helps), to then not meditating.

I think something greybeard said regarding being a "lone wolf" really hit home hard...because it is true. I have always known this. Although I have always had friends, partners, and a large family, I have always felt different and as though I don't fit in. I long to connect, yet I can't help but feel dis-connected...honestly a little saddening as I feel I am going to always feel alone (even if, physically, I am not).

It's not that I don't enjoy being alone,because I do. I actually spend a lot of time alone and I am quite happy with this; in fact I need this. I am quickly overwhelmed by being around too many people, too much of the time. It's more the one-on-one, intimate interactions that I crave.

Perhaps it is because of that deep yearning to connect, yet somehow always feeling "apart", that I have developed these probing, sometimes obsessive, behaviours?...? Not sure...

So, looking back at the astrology...my question is "does the solution lie within my natal chart?"... Bina and greybeard both discussed Jupiter's role, and I believe that is where I am to focus my search for some direction in regards to this question.

thanks again for your contribution, astralrabbit, your observations are much appreciated :smile:

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hey Rick,

Thanks for replying.

The over-analytical mind can definitely be fantastic at times, but also detrimental!! It has driven me to some crazy conclusions before...

Unfortunately it seems that a lot in our world is superficial..."how you doing?", "great! how you doing?" "fantastic!"...when, really, we know that is not what is going on at all... It can take some digging to discover what really lies beneath the surface!

I like your ideas regarding that dream I had...really interesting! I think I was feeling really out of control emotionally at that time, and the dream was kinda saying "everything will be ok. You will make it through this and arrive on the other side safely, on dry land!" Haha!

Thanks again! :)

StillOne

2) Is there anything contained within my chart that would indicate how this intensity can be offset or minimised, as I would really like to know how I can tap into this?

I just sent you a pm of a quote that I've found regarding your question number 2. I haven't read everyone's response, so maybe someone has already mentioned to look to your Sun, Mercury and Neptune for relief since they connect to your challenging opposition with the easier trine and sextile aspects. Maybe exploring the nature of this energy could be of some assistance?

The other thing that I noticed was your Mars. I think it warrants further study since it's retrograde and also Out of Bounds by declination. For some reason it doesn't strike me as a normal Mars... especially considering it's also in a water house trine Uranus, the ruler of the 12th house.

Here's the quote I sent you by pm:

The Way Out of 'Hard' Aspects

Virtually every chart has 'hard' or challenging aspects. They reflect some dilemma or conflict within us. They demand attention and require us to work at self-awareness and integration. Understanding your energy pattern, or harmonic signature, provides keys to integration and resolution of the conflicting elements or the basic dilemma.

For example, many people experience a dilemma of freedom versus commitment, independence versus compromise, individuality versus the need for acceptance. There are many such needs within us that seem to be mutually exclusive, or require choices that deny some other inner need. I'll touch on some of the astrological possibilities of some examples below. The way out of such inner conflict is to first identify where and how in your chart the conflict shows [look primarily to squares and quincunxes], and then to find something that makes a 'soft' aspect [trine or sextile] to either or both of the planets in the hard aspect. Then apply its nature and gifts to the area of conflict. This mediating planet is in the position of 'arbitrator'.

A careful look at the aspect lines or the aspect grid will almost surely reveal an example of a connecting harmonious aspect. But if not, then find the midpoint of the planets in hard aspect, and identify the basic function or direction suggested by it, and try to apply its lesson to your dilemma. Look also at the degree opposing the midpoint, in other words the more distant midpoint of the aspecting bodies. If there are planets or sensitive points at either midpoint, their nature will be a key to the resolution of your difficulty.
source: http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/aspects.htm

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Hi StillOne,

thank you! I was just thinking the same thing, regarding my Sag planets...haha!

Also, regarding this:

The other thing that I noticed was your Mars. I think it warrants further study since it's retrograde and also Out of Bounds by declination. For some reason it doesn't strike me as a normal Mars... especially considering it's also in a water house trine Uranus, the ruler of the 12th house.
What do you mean, my Mars isn't "normal"?? Haha!!

I had forgotten that my Mars is Out of Bounds. I do recall reading up on this before, however I would need to re-visit it because I do not remember at all what it means. Just to add to the total "un-normalness" :wink: of Mars - it is at the anaretic degree of Gemini...

thank you for your thoughts...definitely got me thinking... :smile:

StillOne

Hi StillOne,

What do you mean, my Mars isn't "normal"?? Haha!!

I had forgotten that my Mars is Out of Bounds. I do recall reading up on this before, however I would need to re-visit it because I do not remember at all what it means. Just to add to the total "un-normalness" :wink: of Mars - it is at the anaretic degree of Gemini...

thank you for your thoughts...definitely got me thinking... :smile:

Hahaha, excuse my lack of tact! :pinched: :innocent: I suppose your Mars just stood out to me in that it's in the last degree of Gemini, Rx, as well as Out of Bounds! No offense meant! :cool: :biggrin: