Pluto on descendant, what to expect?? Experiences?

northernstar

I am a rookie learning the first interpretations of m chart and I have become quickly fascinated by what I find in my own and my husband's chart- a lotof things seem to make sense.

But I have become increasingly disturbed by learning that Pluto in a few months will be travelling over my descendant/opp ascendant, and I am extremely anxious about what this may bring. I read that Pluto on descendant means changing structures in relationships. And of course i am nervous that this may bring change into my relationship that basically has been deep and loving for many years.. We have, however, experienced changes the past year- changing negative paths and structures for the better- more dynamic, open and tolerant. But it has been painful. Unfortunately my husband is also going through a pluto transit now and things have been pretty intense..

Anyway: are there any HAPPY experiences concerning this transit?? Anyone who have managed to preserve the status quo and peace i their relationship under this influence...? Please bring me hope!! Pluto will of couse now enter my 7th, but it will not be aspecting anything while in the 7th, so hopefully i won't be too painful ;(

thanks for your input here...

Bina

Thanks Bina- already read that thread but since it was filled with tragic events i was hoping someone might have some positive stories to share. .. Just business as usual, kind of. Not being left or falling in love w someone else... I just want life to continue as usual :/

I don't believe this transit to be a sure indicator of relationship break-ups. More likely it can help you redefine your relationship, you have to work on it. Pluto likes to get to the bottom of things and then, coming back up, make necessary changes. If your existing relationship is sound, it'll be OK. It also depends on your natal placement of Pluto and it's aspects, does it connect to your 7th house in any way?
Pluto is conjunct my Descendant in my natal chart and because of this placement I do have some understanding of its effect, since I have to kind of live with it. It brings constant transformation of and through relationships and a fair deal of upheaval in that department. Presently transiting Pluto is trine my natal Pluto, so I can feel that it wants me to examine how I interact with others.

northernstar

I don't believe this transit to be a sure indicator of relationship break-ups. More likely it can help you redefine your relationship, you have to work on it. Pluto likes to get to the bottom of things and then, coming back up, make necessary changes. If your existing relationship is sound, it'll be OK. It also depends on your natal placement of Pluto and it's aspects, does it connect to your 7th house in any way?
Pluto is conjunct my Descendant in my natal chart and because of this placement I do have some understanding of its effect, since I have to kind of live with it. It brings constant transformation of and through relationships and a fair deal of upheaval in that department. Presently transiting Pluto is trine my natal Pluto, so I can feel that it wants me to examine how I interact with others.

Thanks again Bina. I've understood that Pluto will be noticed, one way or the other. But I was hoping of a lighter impact... Neither myself nor my husband are having pluto in 7th in Our natal Charts. My husband had pluto in his 10th and myself in the 5th house at birth (using the Placidus house system which gives me an enormous 5th house because i was born at a high latitude).

i think i dread this pluto energy so much because i have read a lot of stories that brought upheaval to relationships, and because my own relationship has been through a lot the last year (first "crisis" in a long, good relationship), and my husband has had pluto conj his moon and pluto trine sun the last year... :( sounds as if you have been noticing the placement of pluto in Your chart to a large extent.... Good thing you're aware of it..

Bina

I don't think any transit can be just bad, I didn't have a "bad" Saturn return, for example, which is a transit that most people dread. I think transits are only really bad if we don't "allow them" or try to work against them. If we go with them they can really improve our life (sometimes after some struggles).
Pluto is coming up to squaring my moon, will talk to you again when that's over in a couple of years...:w00t:

venusarising

Pluto, depends on your natal Pluto aspects and transiting Pluto to natal aspects.. other than that you will mostly notice Pluto as it crosses your descendant but if all your natal aspects and transit aspects are harmonious you probably won't notice much.
My Pluto has been transiting my descendant for the past couple years and it's aspecting my natal planets, so it's been really intense and really crazy, but I'm starting to feel like I understand now how to handle it. One of the best pieces of advice that I remind myself of constantly is that the less I have resisted change the easier it has been, Pluto will not destroy anything unless it's not meant to be.pluto seeks what is true and gets rid of all that is not... initially I held on to things I thought I wanted, but now I have faith that if a relationship does not stick around it's not meant to be. Also, it will bring forward partnerships, people, and open enemies who are Plutonian in nature which can be good and bad and always intense... look for those people. Many of the people I have met in the last few years...all capricorn descendants. It really isn't as bad as it seems, of course, when you're in the thick of things it can feel like the end of the world, but as time has past I really am starting to know myself better and I feel more in control, in charge and know what I really want.

Last edited:

northernstar

Pluto, depends on your natal Pluto aspects and transiting Pluto to natal aspects.. other than that you will mostly notice Pluto as it crosses your descendant but if all your natal aspects and transit aspects are harmonious you probably won't notice much.
My Pluto has been transiting my descendant for the past couple years and it's aspecting my natal planets, so it's been really intense and really crazy, but I'm starting to feel like I understand now how to handle it. One of the best pieces of advice that I remind myself of constantly is that the less I have resisted change the easier it has been, Pluto will not destroy anything unless it's not meant to be.pluto seeks what is true and gets rid of all that is not... initially I held on to things I thought I wanted, but now I have faith that if a relationship does not stick around it's not meant to be. Also, it will bring forward partnerships, people, and open enemies who are Plutonian in nature which can be good and bad and always intense... look for those people. Many of the people I have met in the last few years...all capricorn descendants. It really isn't as bad as it seems, of course, when you're in the thick of things it can feel like the end of the world, but as time has past I really am starting to know myself better and I feel more in control, in charge and know what I really want.

Thanks for your answer, venusarising!! It was kind of soothing.. :)
You said that the effect of pluto will depend on natal placement and aspects of pluto, and transiting pluto to natal aspects. Luckily, I have no bad aspects to natal pluto (4 blue lines, which i have learnt are positive aspects, and no red lines). Further, transiting pluto is not aspecting any natal planets, not when crossing the descendant, and not during the time it will stay in my 7th house (from what I can tell, it will only stay in my 7th for a couple of years since i have a really small 7th house)....

You said pluto has been transiting your descendant for the last couple of years. Just curious, as i am new to chart interpretations; what do you mean by syaing it's been transiting for the last couple of years? Wouldn't the transit over the descendant be over in a few months? Or are you saying that you can feel this energy long before and long after it actually passes the descendant-asc axis? thanks for the advice to not work against things. But it is kind of difficult when i am so scared of losing my husband. He has been through a lot of changes the past year (uranus to venus transit and pluto conj moon), and our relationship is currently restructuring before my eyes. It has been painful, because I do not like change, while he initiated change to feel freer in the relationship. I had to adjust, and am currently working on that. Pluto on desc made me worry that even worse things were in store. We love each other deeply and have 16 yeras and 2 children together, but my husband really needed our pattern together to change. :/ luckily we talk a lot but i am afraid to be left anyway,, Would you like to share any of your experiences from this transit?

Last edited:

detectahead

What venusarising is saying that Pluto takes years to transit (move thru the signs). It goes forward, retrogrades. At times it just seems to hover over one area for years. That position has been on his desc.
I would like to say I agree with his analysis. Positive aspects to Pluto and none while transiting the 7th leads me to believe that there will only be a renewed intensity in your relation(s). This transit can also sometimes indicate someone coming into your social circle that transforms your life(ives)

Claire19

I am a rookie learning the first interpretations of m chart and I have become quickly fascinated by what I find in my own and my husband's chart- a lotof things seem to make sense.

But I have become increasingly disturbed by learning that Pluto in a few months will be travelling over my descendant/opp ascendant, and I am extremely anxious about what this may bring. I read that Pluto on descendant means changing structures in relationships. And of course i am nervous that this may bring change into my relationship that basically has been deep and loving for many years.. We have, however, experienced changes the past year- changing negative paths and structures for the better- more dynamic, open and tolerant. But it has been painful. Unfortunately my husband is also going through a pluto transit now and things have been pretty intense..

Anyway: are there any HAPPY experiences concerning this transit?? Anyone who have managed to preserve the status quo and peace i their relationship under this influence...? Please bring me hope!! Pluto will of couse now enter my 7th, but it will not be aspecting anything while in the 7th, so hopefully i won't be too painful ;(

thanks for your input here...
You need to post your charts and can do so anonyously. We have to look at what aspects Pluto for instance will make to your planets. Pluto is also a planet of major transformations and healing. It can make you stronger or it can kill you, yes. Pluto will bring about great change, there is no preserving the status quo with Pluto but the new conditions are necessary and your level of maturity and awareness makes all the difference to how you handle any transits.

Last edited:

northernstar

You need to post your charts and can do so anonyously. We have to look at what aspects Pluto for instance will make to your planets. Pluto is also a planet of major transformations and healing. It can make you stronger or it can kill you, yes. Pluto will bring about great change, there is no preserving the status quo with Pluto but the new conditions are necessary and your level of maturity and awareness makes all the difference to how you handle any transits.

thanks Claire19! :) I will attach my chart below..

As i wrote in antoher answer; someone told that since Pluto does not make any bad aspects natally, ans since pluto will not be aspecting planets at DC or through my 7th, i should not worry too much..? Hope it is right. I am currently in fact going through transformation in my romantic relationship- my husband has initiated changes in me according to patterns he was not happy with. In fact, about previous power struggles and my wish for control.. typical Pluto isn't it? He was having pluto conj moon this year and next, so we are in the midst of pluto influences both of us. I have worked a lot with myself the past half year, trying to be less anxious, less controlling, more easygoing, (even) more loving and understanding.. and more mature, i think, in my interpretation of situations. Look past the details and focus on the important thing; love.. And about letting go of control. go with the flow

thanks again on you input. ALso wonder if someone can tell me approximately how long pluto will stay in my 7th house (as this house is so narrow in my chart)..

Attachments

• chartme.jpg
    chartme.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 62

venusarising

thanks Claire19! :) I will attach my chart below..

As i wrote in antoher answer; someone told that since Pluto does not make any bad aspects natally, ans since pluto will not be aspecting planets at DC or through my 7th, i should not worry too much..? Hope it is right. I am currently in fact going through transformation in my romantic relationship- my husband has initiated changes in me according to patterns he was not happy with. In fact, about previous power struggles and my wish for control.. typical Pluto isn't it? He was having pluto conj moon this year and next, so we are in the midst of pluto influences both of us. I have worked a lot with myself the past half year, trying to be less anxious, less controlling, more easygoing, (even) more loving and understanding.. and more mature, i think, in my interpretation of situations. Look past the details and focus on the important thing; love.. And about letting go of control. go with the flow

thanks again on you input. ALso wonder if someone can tell me approximately how long pluto will stay in my 7th house (as this house is so narrow in my chart)..

Yeah, I just glanced at your chart real quick. As far as I can see it doesn't really seem as if you have any really bad aspects...

So far, my experience with Pluto has ultimately been like you are experiencing transformation and power. I'm hoping I've experienced the worst parts so far. For example, right now Pluto is opposing my Saturn and soon it will oppose my moon. The most recent and simplest explanation of one of my experiences is that my relationship with my mom is shifting and changing. I think my mom is represented by Saturn. So the power dynamics have shifted. I feel more in control of my own power with my mom and in other relationships. As Pluto approaches the descendant some people can feel it. I also have my Venus on my descendant and as someone (sorry I didn't catch the handle) said in a previous post Pluto goes back and forth and can take a year to go a few degrees. So I've been anticipating Pluto for a long while now.

Every romantic relationship that I've had in the last 5 years (there's only been 2 Saturn was also transiting my fifth house- not much social life) has been intense and brought out all of my darkness and fears. The last relationship ended just a couple months ago and the guy walked away and didn't want to talk about it or tell me why. It was a horrible rejection experience and so painful because although the relationship was short lived, we had an intense connection and really liked one another... I crumbled. I was sad and not able to understand and I still don't understand him, but now I understand myself. I know what I want in a relationship and I know who I want and I'm not afraid to be alone.i am not afraid anymore to ask for what I want. I am empowered. And I'm not afraid of my own darkness anymore, either ;)

Also, earlier this year two of my closest and loved family members committed suicide... so along with this latest breakup came suppressed unresolved mourning, sadness and anger .
the death of my relatives followed the same pattern as my last relationship, they left without explanation and without saying good bye ;)...(supposedly, that is very Plutonian) it really took me awhile to process all of this, but it's pretty cool to see the underlying patterns in all of this ... I am much more careful and focused in my life now. I'm happier than when Pluto first started and I have less fears, less insecurity

Once again, I'm experiencing so much, I think because Pluto is transiting my natal planets and I also have a 0 degree Venus square Pluto which ultimately means transformation in love which is happening on many levels for me right now.

And yes relationships transform but it might happen over a longer time period more or less in the background if no planets are involved. And the advice I gave earlier Pluto only destroys what is not true and Pluto might test a person who uses low level behavior out of a power imbalance in a relationship which could highlight fears and insecurity... pluto wants us to take the high road and let things go then there is less pain... but you might not have much to fear. Your chart looks a little more positive than mine in some ways. Pluto has positive sides too. Can you remember what happened in your life when Pluto was transiting your sun and your Jupiter?

Sorry for all the run on sentences and hopefully my response made sense I can't reread what I've written on my phone until I post ;)

Last edited:

Bina

Hi northernstar,

looking at your chart, i couldn't help noticing a couple of other important transits/progression happening at present.

You just had a progressed new moon about 4 months ago, this points to new beginnings and major changes in yourself and your approach to life (1st house). Your progressed Sun is also close to sextile natal Mercury, progressed moon has just passed the sextile. These are opportunities for communication.

Your progressed Asc and Mercury are both coming up to conjunct your natal Saturn, this might help you to communicate your innate structure. It is an aspect which can give a lot of mental discipline as well.

These progressions may well be what made you ask the questions, Saturn aspects can often be some kind of reality check. And Mercury is highlighted, so communication about what is going on inside you is important at this time.

Saturn is transiting your Neptune and opposing your Sun/Jupiter conjunction. Transiting Neptune is also coming up to squaring the opposition in your natal chart, a complex pattern. Saturn opposite your Sun/Jupiter could feel restrictive and impose uncomfortable limitations on you. Neptune square Neptune is a major life transit, with Saturn there as well it might make you question any illusions you are holding onto.

I also noticed the houses in your chart being very unequal, you must have been born far north... You might just find it helpful to recast your chart using the equal house system and see if the planets in different houses make more sense to you...this can be important in understanding in what areas of your life all these transits and progressions are playing out.

Last edited:

northernstar

Yeah, I just glanced at your chart real quick. As far as I can see it doesn't really seem as if you have any really bad aspects...

Also, earlier this year two of my closest and loved family members committed suicide... so along with this latest breakup came suppressed unresolved mourning, sadness and anger .
the death of my relatives followed the same pattern as my last relationship, they left without explanation and without saying good bye ;)...(supposedly, that is very Plutonian) it really took me awhile to process all of this, but it's pretty cool to see the underlying patterns in all of this ... I am much more careful and focused in my life now. I'm happier than when Pluto first started and I have less fears, less insecurity

Once again, I'm experiencing so much, I think because Pluto is transiting my natal planets and I also have a 0 degree Venus square Pluto which ultimately means transformation in love which is happening on many levels for me right now.

And yes relationships transform but it might happen over a longer time period more or less in the background if no planets are involved. And the advice I gave earlier Pluto only destroys what is not true and Pluto might test a person who uses low level behavior out of a power imbalance in a relationship which could highlight fears and insecurity... pluto wants us to take the high road and let things go then there is less pain... but you might not have much to fear. Your chart looks a little more positive than mine in some ways. Pluto has positive sides too. Can you remember what happened in your life when Pluto was transiting your sun and your Jupiter?

)

Thanks a lot for answering, venusarising, I appreciate it!! :)

First of all, sorry for your loss regarding your family members.. I can understand that was painful and extreme. Have previously experienced suicide in my family too, so know a bit about it.

Also sad to hear about the rejection you faced in love.. But it is encouraging to see that you try to go with the positive sides of pluto..!! and that you try to understand and not resist what it brings you..

Glad to hear that you find my chart not being too badly aspected. I can use some more empowerment, so if that comes along i'll try to greet it.. I have had a lot of fear and anxiety for stuff throughout my life, maybe this transit will target some of that. You asked med if i could remember what happened when pluto transited my sun and jupiter.. I still don't understand how I can determine which year the planets were at different points in my chart? I tried to count degrees per year, and if i am correct, it might have been opposing my sun in 2004? In that case, this was the year i started the part of my education leading me into the career I have had until now.. I am now worn out of this work situation and am looking for something completely different.. Something I would never have even considered just a year ago..In that case I might very well find myself at a new beginning when pluto conj dc this spring, as i have to find new work by June...

But I understand that pluto at dc is about close relationships, and not primarily work? I don't know, but 2004 was stable in love matters. I did, however, struggle with anxiety as i started that education this year, and managed to overcome lots of barriers, though..

Someone else told me that uranus squared my dc earlier this year (especially march), and this might bring a glimpse of what issues may arise. This was a very stressful time when we were packing and moving homes.... and my brother wwas in an accident. Found it a bit scaring btw, that oth my mom and sister also are facing pluto conj DC the coming year..

anyway, glad to hear about the things regarding increased power etc. Hopefully it will be an ok transit for me..

northernstar

Hi northernstar,

looking at your chart, i couldn't help noticing a couple of other important transits/progression happening at present.

You just had a progressed new moon about 4 months ago, this points to new beginnings and major changes in yourself and your approach to life (1st house). Your progressed Sun is also close to sextile natal Mercury, progressed moon has just passed the sextile. These are opportunities for communication.

Your progressed Asc and Mercury are both coming up to conjunct your natal Saturn, this might help you to communicate your innate structure. It is an aspect which can give a lot of mental discipline as well.

These progressions may well be what made you ask the questions, Saturn aspects can often be some kind of reality check. And Mercury is highlighted, so communication about what is going on inside you is important at this time.

Saturn is transiting your Neptune and opposing your Sun/Jupiter conjunction. Transiting Neptune is also coming up to squaring the opposition in your natal chart, a complex pattern. Saturn opposite your Sun/Jupiter could feel restrictive and impose uncomfortable limitations on you. Neptune square Neptune is a major life transit, with Saturn there as well it might make you question any illusions you are holding onto.

I also noticed the houses in your chart being very unequal, you must have been born far north... You might just find it helpful to recast your chart using the equal house system and see if the planets in different houses make more sense to you...this can be important in understanding in what areas of your life all these transits and progressions are playing out.

thanks for answering, BIna!! :) Yup, there are in fact some major changes going on inside me... both in terms of my relationship, as written in my last answer above (we are kind of changing the balance between us), and in terms of what i want to do w my life. From being scared and want to have a safe workplace where i can hide, I now want to be out among people, even on "stage"...!

Communication about what is going on i nme is definitely important to me (always is, am a gemini:)), but i have a special urge to communicate w my husband now, about changes going on between us.. Which have really made me scared.. pluto doesn't fit nicely in to that picture :(

Saturn opp my sun is finally over, it was 0 degrees mid november, and has finally moved on, and even though it retrogrades it will not go that far back again, luckily..... november was indeed hard. And since saturn is the ruler of my 7th house, i could sense this especially in my love relationship..

yes, i was born quite far north, which explains the size of the houses. I am confused with these different house systems, because suddenly you find yourself with a different "truth" just by changing house systems? I tried it once, and all my planets except mercury changed houses.... Anyway, the DC is stable, so either way i am now facing pluto here..

thanks again for taking time to answer me..

ashriia

Anyone who have managed to preserve the status quo and peace i their relationship under this influence...?

Problem going into this transit; preserving the status quo. That is why we encounter this transit, the status quo needs to change. Might seem comfortable the way it is. Which is why everyone fights the transit. The good news while pluto will change your relationship in some way, and power struggles with others will come; you don't have a pluto/venus aspect natally. And you have sun/conjunct jupiter which is great for marriage longevity.

Try taking a look at your progressed chart on its own for March 11, 2017, when the conjunction makes landfall on your DSC. Pluto aspects in the progressed chart by house and aspect will fill in the details. Since your worried about your marriage during this transit see if pluto is aspecting venus in the progressed chart. Easier transit, if its not. Also if pluto is also angular in the prog chart, brace for impact!

Otherwise, it won't be felt as strongly. But the status quo, needs readjustment because there is a problem in your relationships both the primary ones and in the platonic arena, you just can't see it currently, but you will later on. Nothing opens your eyes like Pluto, that's for sure.

Last edited:

northernstar

And you have sun/conjunct jupiter which is great for marriage longevity.

Try taking a look at your progressed chart on its own for March 11, 2017, when the conjunct makes landfall on your DSC. Pluto aspects in the progressed chart by house and aspect will fill in the details. Since your worried about your marriage during this transit see if pluto is aspecting venus in the progressed chart. Easier transit, if its not. Also if pluto is also angular in the prog chart, brace for impact!

Otherwise, it won't be felt as strongly. But the status quo, needs readjustment because there is a problem in your relationships both the primary ones and in the platonic arena, you just can't see it currently, but you will later on. Nothing opens your eyes like Pluto, that's for sure.

Thanks a lot for answering me, ashriia!! I truly appreciate it, all your answers help me in gaining knowledge about this transit and about astrology in general!!

Glad to hear that sun - jupiter is a good aspect for marriage longevity. My husband also has aspects indicating long and harmonious relationship, I recall.

I tried to look at only the progressed chart for March 11th 2017 as you suggested, when pluto hits my dc. First of all, I have up until now only looked at natal chart with progressions and transits, so the prog chart-only was new to me. And quite confusing, given that everything had switched place from the charts i am used to..

Anyway, I was kind of relieved to see that Pluto does not make a disharmonious aspect to venus in my progressed chart- but it is making a harmonious one (blue line). Pluto is also making harmonious aspects with Neptune, mercury and saturn at this time. I've read briefly about these aspects and see that some emphasize the need to change a situation and break free from rut, also in terms of work. And my work is nearly unbearable now. So boring, so dead, so.... kind of meaningless to me. Although i used to love it. So am nearly desperate for change here, as it negatively affects my mood for now. Also, pluto is in the progressed chart situated in the 4th house (in libra), close to IC... angular placement not too good, huh?:pinched:

4th is family/home and IC opposing MC may also indicate some work-related chage, I read. But as far as i've undersood, IC also means our deepest concern for security and shelter, comfort and protection. As i googled, some people wrote that they were concerned about death when pluto entered 4th, but i also read several stories of people not experiencing neither illness nor death around them while pluto was in 4th. But several wrote that they relocated and also moved abroad. The chances are that we surely may relocate the next year too, but not moving far..

found this about pluto progr in 4th: "As Pluto progresses through the Fourth House, a person undergoes the most significant period of sustained self-discovery that he is likely to experience in his life. At this time he is given the opportunity to understand that he holds within himself the key to his own power and that what prevents him from accessing it, are sabotaging tendencies within his emotional nature. Unlike Saturn, when Pluto transits H4, it does not require a person’s cooperation. But, if forced to act without it, then it will create emotional turmoil and also material turmoil if necessary. A person can expect little peace when the emotional foundations laid in childhood are shaken. If the H4 is tenanted, then the process will be particularly intense and episodic. During this period of his life a person is required to come to adulthood and so any ties promoting dependency with the parents and the mother in particular will be exposed.
By the time Pluto has completed its journey through H4, a person will have had his emotional nature laid bare and he will have been given the opportunity to know himself through and through. Whether he will use this opportunity will depend very much upon the overall pattern of the chart and the level of development. " Interesting!

I got kind of worried when i saw uranus in my 4th house too in the progr chart, making squares to my moon, mercury and saturn...:unsure: please feel free to interpret these. I found this, though, which makes sense; "The period, during which Uranus moves through the Fourth House by progression, is a time in which a person comes to stand aside from, and examine the emotional nature, which hitherto, he has been too closely identified to under*stand". Resembles the pluto in 4th.. I can see that all the same aspects are at play already, by the way, when i chose today's date..

But i must say, in regard to my love relationship - i have been going through a transformation already... my husband's uranus-venus transit last year and his pluto conj moon too, made certain things too much fo him and he literally required me to change. Now! So i have, as i got petrified.. And i truly feel like i am becming more mature, in a sense. Changing my point of view. Shifting focus. Less emphasis on my own emotions, and more on his. Less emphasis on details, control and wanting everything to be equal, and more on nurturing the love that life has brought me. The bigger picture, kinda..

ashriia

Also, pluto is in the progressed chart situated in the 4th house (in libra), close to IC... angular placement not too good, huh?:pinched:

4th is family/home and IC opposing MC may also indicate some work-related chage, I read. But as far as i've undersood, IC also means our deepest concern for security and shelter, comfort and protection. As i googled, some people wrote that they were concerned about death when pluto entered 4th, but i also read several stories of people not experiencing neither illness nor death around them while pluto was in 4th. But several wrote that they relocated and also moved abroad. The chances are that we surely may relocate the next year too, but not moving far..

I got kind of worried when i saw uranus in my 4th house too in the progr chart, making squares to my moon, mercury and saturn...:unsure:

But i must say, in regard to my love relationship - i have been going through a transformation already... my husband's uranus-venus transit last year and his pluto conj moon too, made certain things too much fo him and he literally required me to change. Now! So i have, as i got petrified.. And i truly feel like i am becming more mature, in a sense. Changing my point of view. Shifting focus. Less emphasis on my own emotions, and more on his. Less emphasis on details, control and wanting everything to be equal, and more on nurturing the love that life has brought me. The bigger picture, kinda..

Hello again,

Well pluto being angular on the progressed IC, is not "bad", per se. I experienced this by progression, when pluto conjuncted my dsc by transit also. I'm a gemini rising, pluto on the cusp of the 5th, which is why I mentioned it to you as well, since i figured pluto would be nearing your IC by progression just like it did for me.

What happens here is that the power restructuring is likely to be felt in the home, which makes sense since you are married and live with your partner. I haven't heard of this relating to a move, but yes, that is possible as well. pluto, jupiter and uranus and the nodes or moon near the IC are all indicative of moves in general.
I really wouldn't worry about actual physical death, that is, if you are not already lying on your death bed. :tongue::wink: But a rebirth, definitely. Since pluto on the ic squares the ascendant. But I am glad you have more harmonious aspects for the transit both natally, and by progression!

And you mentioned shifting and focusing less on details and control. That is a big one, trying to control the relationship or your partner. However subtle, even if its without conscious awareness of doing so. The changes that occur, require being more open to respecting the space or individuality of a partner, just having a more go with the flow attitude. Just don't sacrifice what is important to you as an individual in the process. :smile:

Last edited:

northernstar

Hello again,

Well pluto being angular on the progressed IC, is not "bad", per se. I experienced this by progression, when pluto conjuncted my dsc by transit also. I'm a gemini rising, pluto on the cusp of the 5th, which is why I mentioned it to you as well, since i figured pluto would be nearing your IC by progression just like it did for me.

What happens here is that the power restructuring is likely to be felt in the home, which makes sense since you are married and live with your partner. I haven't heard of this relating to a move, but yes, that is possible as well. pluto, jupiter and uranus and the nodes or moon near the IC are all indicative of moves in general.
I really would worry about actual physical death, that is, if you are not already lying on your death bed. :tongue::wink: But a rebirth, definitely. Since pluto on the ic squares the ascendant. But I am glad you have more harmonious aspects for the transit both natally, and by progression!

And you mentioned shifting and focusing less on details and control. That is a big one, trying to control the relationship or your partner. However subtle, even if its without conscious awareness of doing so. The changes that occur, require being more open to respecting the space or individuality of a partner, just having a more go with the flow attitude. Just don't sacrifice what is important to you as an individual in the process. :smile:

Thanks a lot again, ashriia!!

Glad to hear that progr pluto to IC is not necessarily bad.. Have read a bit more about this conjunction now, and i understand that pluto is supposed to be neutral (surprisingly), but intense. And whether the outcome will be good or bad depends upon other aspects in the chart, and how the influence is dealt with by the individual..

Power restructuring is going on already, and i see some astro sites say that this transit of pluto to my DC in fact have been impacting me for close to a year already, even though it won't be exact until March.

Regarding a move, north node is also not too far from IC in fact, and i also found this at angelfire.com about progr Pluto on DC; "When Pluto crosses the IC, there will be changes in regards to the home and family. Long distance moves and changes of residence are common. If other factors in the chart support it, there can be marriage. There can be divorce, illness, death in the family, but in most cases, a move of residence. Career changes are also possible."

Also found another forum where people were discussing this trasit and surprisingly many stated that they had been moving- many of them overseas or abroad- when pluto conjuncted their IC.. I'll see if i can find it again. And career change is certainly coming too.

No- am not at all on my death bed. Were more worried about family members, since we are 3 in my family having pluto transiting the DC this year.

But- i understand pluto transits are mainly about letting go of control, stand on your own feet, find power within oneself, independence, respecting the space of close ones and getting rid of unfruitful patterns in relations.. I also learnt that pluto brings healing by transformation. Which doesn't sound too bad after all.. Though i've felt the pain too. This summer was my worst in 20 years, was in such emotional pain and distress due to the "power struggles" and emotional upheavals in my relationship.. It was such an eye opener, the things my husband brought forth at this time, and inititating change of between us. I am determined to be a quick learner- and integrate changes fast. Am focusing on it every day.... Felt like I've matured tremenduously in just half a year. And in fact, i see that it was needed.. But it did not come in a soft way :/

Feel free to share own experiences with me of similar transits/progressions. :) Interesting to learn from others!!

Last edited: