Transiting Pluto conjunct the Descendant

Stella87

Hello,
I found this thread while searching the internet on pluto transits.
Pluto was conjunct my DC in 2013 when my dad committed suicide (pluto transitted his 12th house conjunct his saturn). 2 years later, with Pluto now in my 7th house conjunct my Cap Venus, I've met a very plutonian person who I have been intensely attracted to (we also have a pluto-venus opposition in synastry). This relationship has been very intense and beautiful, him and I we both did some mayor healing, but it still had a very plutonian tone. This relationship is over now. With pluto on my DC and then in my 7th house conjunct my Venus until December 2016 I can tell you that it's been extremely intense, transforming past 3.5 years.

Slytherin88

During the Pluto conjunct descendant, both of my grandmother have passed away and my uncle within one year and three months. Now, my connection with my father's side of family is completely estranged. But, during this transit I've changed my personal style and changed a lot as a person. According to astro.com , I'll have this transit until November 2016.

venusarising

I know this was posted awhile ago but I still want to add my two cents ;) Pluto has been going back and forth across my descendant for the last few years and now this year it is beginning it's journey through my 7 the it's opposing my Saturn and soon will oppose my moon.
My aunt and uncle died a few months ago and I was very close to them. My relationship with my mother is changing in a multitude of ways. In my natal chart my moon/Saturn in my 1st represents my mom.
Also, so far all of the new people brought into my life are all capricorn ascendants/cancer descendants opposite my chart. The last guy I dated for such a short while he was cappy/cancer super intense and he took off without any explanation...just disappeared from my life because he couldn't handle the feelings that arose from our relationship. After he left, in seeking answers I found his natal chart and not only is he cappy/cancer but he's also venus/Mars in Scorpio and Pluto conjunct sun on his mc!!! Holy **** talk about Plutonian...

Anyway, you're not alone my friend ;)

Fz hb

I agree wholeheartedly. I have Natal Saturn is conj. DSC. Transit Pluto went over Saturn before it reached the DSC.

Health concerns also figure when Pluto is going through the 6th house, which it must to reach the Descendant; health can have a dramatic effect on how one interfaces with the world. I should note that during this transit I was diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and started medication (again, Neptune was conjunct my Moon and opposed Sun and Mercury at the same time).

StillOne mentioned dramatic weight loss which have changed his physical appearance. It makes sense that lasting, physical consequences might ensue after this transit.

i so agree with this. i have neptune in 6th and have experienced serious health issues ever since pluto stepped into my 6th house and transit over neptune. these issues have defined me as a person and how i interact with everyone(7th house issues) or go about my life(daily life activities are domain of 6th) because of the limitations. my personal priorities and my career path has changed significantly to accomodate the disabilities that have become part of me now. i just wonder if i will be able to find a cure to my disease by the time pluto reaches my descendent. i still have 6 degrees more to go before pluto conjuncts my descendent. i hope some researcher finds a cure :)

MaMukta

I do have Pluto conjunct my descendant transit for a while, (Feb. 2017 - Mid Dec. 2018)
My Partner opened his own business, while I was unemployed
he became much more self-confident while I found myself sitting at home, waiting for him…. the years before I left him waiting for me ��
My Friendships with not so close friends disappeared,
the Friendships which I still have with a few close friends are not very easy going at the moment.... I wonder if they will last
the transit is not over yet .... I will report ;)

Last edited:

New Moon Libra

Does anyone here find there are good omens awaiting a conjunction of Saturn and Pluto on one’s descendant? Are all the changes ones of loss? I’ve never been one to feel either planet is bad. They bring change and I love change. However, in January 2020 I’ll have both conjunct each other right on my descendant. Both are ending a transit of my 6th which has been positive...changes to my fitness and daily grind have gone in a positive direction. I have more work, better habits, I’m stronger and healthier and I like that. But I’m getting fearful and that’s not like me. My mother lives with my family and me, and I worry this is the time I’ll lose her (she’s 80 in good health but frail) and my husband (good partnership but he’s much younger than me and experiencing midlife) or something terrible with my children (both in high school then). Perhaps the only thing I have to fear with Pluto is fear itself? LOL I can mark giant life changes every time Uranus crossed an angle in my chart, but Pluto crossed only one before when I was a baby. I really don’t know what to expect.

northernstar

I've had transiting Pluto conjunct my Descendant for about a year. It's been intense. I've actually had numerous intense outer planet transits the last few years and there looks to be no shortage of them on the horizon as well.

During this transit my grandfather has passed, my father was hospitalized for a month in icu, and I have had years of health concerns as Pluto made it's way through the 6th culminating with Pluto conjucting the Descendant.

Now that Pluto is starting in the 7th house, all of the foretold events are coming to pass regarding my relationships. They are transforming heavily and there's quite a bit of intensity surrounding the transformation. It's involving the closest people to me. My partnerships. They are simply not working as they used to. I am yearning for deeper connection and my current relationships cannot offer that to me. So there's been quite a bit of mostly internal drama regarding this but I'm sure the people close to me sense this.

*Does anyone want to share any experiences or insight regarding Pluto conjunct the Descendant or Pluto transiting the 7th?

(Interesting to note the upcoming Prog Moon opposing Natal Saturn while Transiting Saturn opposes Natal Moon!)

Thank you!

S1

Hi! I've frequented this thread for the last couple of yrs as Pluto has been straddling over my DC. Tried to prepare, but know that's impossible.. My experience in this matter concerns my marriage. Have started a few threads earlier about all the strange things that happened between us, in what originally was the perfect marriage..

In short: husband through almost 20 yrs is suddenly "detached" from me, locks me out, spends a lot of time outside the house, starts excercising a lot w new colleagues in new job (including a woman whom i immediately got some bad vibes from).. (He had pluto conj moon and trine sun at the time). well- the relationship transformed before my eyes. From being warm, affectionate, close, it became the opposite. I tried to hold him back, was so scared to lose him, desperate, and...lonely (i had pluto iconj sun also, part of the time). Well, I brought us to counseling (classical pluto DC-stuff), didn't help much. I saw a therapist myself for a yr and a half... But the one really needing one was him. I had to "grow up" quickly, stand alone, felt he abandoned me, and it almost felt like heartbreak and divorce although it really wasn't. But it was almost worse, living with someone you didn't really recognize.

Was the worst two years of my life. Now i am in the last month of Pluto conj dc- and when things have started to become better, when he gradually for while has been getting closer again--- when you think you've been at the bottom, Pluto sends you further down: I just discovered that there WAS a flirt with him and the colleague 2 yrs ago. Old messages between them suddenly showed up now, as destiny didn't want med to see them before i was strong enough to stand alone? These messages was painful as hell, it was obvious that they were not simply friends.. I don't know what happens to us, but i am still in shock after having read them -and after having been lied to for so long (I asked frequently at the time, as I just KNEW there was sth fishy going on). This is not the stable man i've known for this many years.. He regrets as hell- had neptune sq mars when this happened too.. I desperately wanted a Close relationship during this period. And now- when all the Cards are on the table- he seeks to me like never before and begs me not to leave him, closer- but a little too late. And oh- Power struggles is the keywords for this Whole period. in retrospect he blames the Power struggles for turning away..

Well, that's my story, my marriage changed, and i transformed with it...:( don't know if it was for the best. I did get stronger, but it hurt like nothing else, and the perfect marriage is no longer the one I knew... As for other close relationships they have pretty much stayed the same. I have come closer with some of my friends, as I have needed them badly thru all this **** at home.

Pluto sits in my 5th house in the natal btw, in Libra. And only have "benevolent" pluto-aspects in the natal chart..

-June

Last edited:

horsewoman

Does anyone here find there are good omens awaiting a conjunction of Saturn and Pluto on one’s descendant? Are all the changes ones of loss? I’ve never been one to feel either planet is bad. They bring change and I love change. However, in January 2020 I’ll have both conjunct each other right on my descendant. Both are ending a transit of my 6th which has been positive...changes to my fitness and daily grind have gone in a positive direction. I have more work, better habits, I’m stronger and healthier and I like that. But I’m getting fearful and that’s not like me. My mother lives with my family and me, and I worry this is the time I’ll lose her (she’s 80 in good health but frail) and my husband (good partnership but he’s much younger than me and experiencing midlife) or something terrible with my children (both in high school then). Perhaps the only thing I have to fear with Pluto is fear itself? LOL I can mark giant life changes every time Uranus crossed an angle in my chart, but Pluto crossed only one before when I was a baby. I really don’t know what to expect.
Hi New Moon Libra, We must have the same Asc, 24 degrees Cancer, as I am expecting Pluto and Saturn, and then Jupiter all on my descendant at the beginning of 2020. I am also fearful! My Mother is 92 and so does this mean she will die then? I am not married or even in a relationship so how will that work out? Will a relationship with a powerful man come my way? Do I want a new relationship at my age as I don't enjoy compromise! Last time I had Saturn conjunct my descendant the relationship I was in at the time ended on the exact day it was conjunct! Like you my experience of Pluto in my sixth house has been mostly positive. I went from owning no pets to owning two dogs and a horse - on whom I compete in Endurance riding. My health had a minor breakdown as a gut problem became impossible to ignore, but now I have got that under control. I changed my career to a Pilates instructor and now help people reconstruct their bodies. So let's hope that Pluto in the 7th house will turn out to be as positive in it's outcome.

New Moon Libra

Yes, same overlay to the degree. 10/06/1964 12:29AM CST. How interesting that you became a Pilates instructor. I hadn’t connected what Pluto was doing at the time. While it’s been in my 6H, I left my career as a programmer and certified and opened my own business as a personal trainer. But I had progressed Moon on my ASC, Uranus conj MC and my sun changed signs to Sag, so those are the things I saw.

You have me looking back at Saturn now. I can mark dramatic life changes when Uranus hit my angles but not so much Saturn.

I’m not one to believe transits are ever “bad”, even Pluto LOL, but the change it forecasts is troubling—and change has never really troubled me before.

So we’ll have to wait and see. It will be interesting, especially because now I see Chiron will be going over my MC at the same time. Hmm...

horsewoman

New Moon Libra, I was a web designer/developer before I trained as a Pilates instructor! There's a coincidence! I see from your chart that you will have Pluto, Saturn and Jupiter trine natal Jupiter as they conjunct your Descendant. My Descendant is trine my Sun in Taurus, and sextile my MC, so perhaps such beneficial contacts will alleviate things.
I have found Saturn's influence to be exact to the degree...which is what you would expect of Saturn!!!

New Moon Libra, I was a web designer/developer before I trained as a Pilates instructor! There's a coincidence! I see from your chart that you will have Pluto, Saturn and Jupiter trine natal Jupiter as they conjunct your Descendant. My Descendant is trine my Sun in Taurus, and sextile my MC, so perhaps such beneficial contacts will alleviate things.
I have found Saturn's influence to be exact to the degree...which is what you would expect of Saturn!!!

Haha! I have a 22 degree Cancer Rising and Cap Descendant!! Of course I’ve gone looking around for this subject.

Whole Pluto has been in my 6 I also have developed a new way of eating and lost bunches of weight and also have just been exploring career, leaning into professional astrology.

I am in a relationship of 3 years and we are getting ready to buy a home together - having natal Pluto/Saturn in scorpio in the 7th and Uranus opposing Pluto is extremely intimidating looking ahead. Trying to be positive. Maybe I’ll help my partner become Rich hahah or maybe we will start a business together. Doing my best to avoid the doom and gloom!!

New Moon Libra

Haha! I have a 22 degree Cancer Rising and Cap Descendant!! Of course I’ve gone looking around for this subject.

Whole Pluto has been in my 6 I also have developed a new way of eating and lost bunches of weight and also have just been exploring career, leaning into professional astrology.

I am in a relationship of 3 years and we are getting ready to buy a home together - having natal Pluto/Saturn in scorpio in the 7th and Uranus opposing Pluto is extremely intimidating looking ahead. Trying to be positive. Maybe I’ll help my partner become Rich hahah or maybe we will start a business together. Doing my best to avoid the doom and gloom!!

It’s nice to see that Pluto transits can be so constructive, not just destructive. And “help my partner become rich” is such an awesome way to think of P transiting the DESC! LOL

Emeraldstar99

Is you Ascendant in Cancer in 22 degrees?

New Moon Libra

Is you Ascendant in Cancer in 22 degrees?

Ascendant is 24 Cancer.

Here’s an update as Pluto is approaching and some might call it within orb. Pluto rules my 5th house (Scorpio) and is in Virgo in my 3rd house natally. I’m having some developing issues with my oldest child (15 years old). I can see these being power/control based as with most teens, but on the other hand we are still close and he shares a lot with me. But this got me thinking that though P hitting the descendant has a partnership emphasis, could it manifest instead with respect to its place in my chart: children and siblings?

dennice

Yes, that could certainly be part of the Plutonian influence/transformation. My descendant is 13 degrees Cap, and I definitely felt the coming influence when it was within the orb you now have. A relationship with someone I thought was the love of my life began to unravel, and it was, up until that point, the most painful experience I'd ever been through. Little did I know. When Pluto was on my descendant, my grandmother died, which brought my cousin and I even closer, which I didn't think was possible because we were already super tight. I'd also had a dream foretelling my grandmother's death. My cousin and I took care of our grandmother during the last week of her life, and that changed me in ways I couldn't have even seen then. Six months later, I had the same dream about my cousin that I'd had about my grandmother. Six months after that, my cousin received a terrible health diagnosis. This was an unimaginable loss. I felt like I was losing my left arm. By the time she passed away, Pluto was at 19 degrees Cap and inching up on my 22 degree Venus in Cap. She has two young children and now they are a central priority in my life (Scorpio also rules my 5th house at least in Equal house).

It's funny because knowing about astrology, before Pluto was conjunct descendant, I was terrified of what might happen during this particular transit. None of what I found online sounded remotely OK. Pluto definitely razed the way this Cancer rising did relationships (and with Saturn now on my descendant, it's time to be crystal clear about my changed needs/desires in one-on-one relating) Weirdly, I feel lighter and healthier now than I have ever felt, and yes, I did go through hell to get here. The time I had with my cousin, including during her illness, is beyond precious to me. A horrible tragedy, which I grieve daily, but one that changed me in some ways for the better. Pluto all the way.

Looking back, that romantic relationship ending felt like a death. At the time, it felt like the worst thing, but it also made me become very in touch with my intuitive abilities, more than I'd ever been. At one point during exact conjunction, I had an epiphany: not everyone walks around with this much minute-to-minute intensity. While it was hard to handle at times, it was also a mystical corridor that I see brought many gifts, not only on the other side, but during.

The standard Pluto advice of face whatever's coming up and "show no fear" helped at times. For me, Pluto is all about peeling back the layers, the freedom to excavate as deeply as possible. I have Pluto in my 4th natally so this lesson changed me in ways I'm still learning about. Also, Caroline Casey's Making the Gods Work for You has an incredible Pluto chapter. I love the whole book, but that chapter was by far the most resonant. She includes a Rumi poem about the chick pea boiling in hot water, and wow, does that speak to Plutonian transformation. Surrender is truly the only way, and man, was it hard for me to get to that place. Much easier to look back and understand why it was necessary.

I'm not sure if any of this is helpful to you, but one thing I wish I got before all this happened: I could not have scripted/expected any of these major changes, especially with regards to my cousin and her children. An astrologer once told me that if I had children, they would always live very close to me, if not with me. I realized he was saying that because the ruler of my 5th is in my 4th. It sounded ominous, but now I realize that the manifestation of that (ruler of 5th in 4th) is the profound responsibility I have to my cousin's children. They're not my children, but they are absolutely of my heart. Using words to describe the connection I feel would be inadequate. I think that's another hallmark of the Pluto influence--beyond words.

Wishing you all the best.

Last edited:

Emeraldstar99

I will have this one exact in February 15th. I lost every single relationship I had, friends and broke up with someone I liked. Now I have 2 people, but I feel inconstancy of them. I am expecting everybody to turn their back when I am needing most or create enmnity. I'm realizing I can't trust my mother and sister at all, they always had this pattern: became violent and cruel when not meeting their needs, when I do they are indifferent, when I need them they turn their backs at me, manipulate me, keeping secrets from me and having each other backs. Don't expect people to understand your experience, they will blame you for everything. And my fool self would be thinking that was alright going through that.. but not now, not beig filled with hate, but ready to cut to codependent ties from people who drain my will to live. I am close to become independent of anyone. I am not afraid of gettig sad. I got a tough skin for whatever It comes my way. I need to assert myself, I feared people for so long, whatever It takes, I am ready!

Last edited:

New Moon Libra

Dennice, thank you for your insight. So much to consider in what you shared: not being able to predict the changes, needing to let go, how Pluto evolves you and makes you stronger. I want to stay out of the dark places, accept the changes, and here may be the ultimate test for me. Reason is saying all these things to me, but I know I cannot decide how to feel, and despite efforts to remain phlegmatic, I’m experiencing moments of anxiety that seem to have no cause. I’m not anxious by nature but something is certainly shifting.

You mention you have Pluto in your 4th. I’m so curious about your experience of Pluto there. My son has Pluto conjunct Venus in his 4th. Also Mercury and Chiron in 4th with Mars on the Nadir in the 3rd. Everywhere I’ve read P in 4th suggests abuse or neglect in the home. This horrifies me, and I hope to find an alternate meaning somewhere rather than discover at some point that something terrible happened I wasn’t aware of.

I will check out Casey’s book!

Last edited:

New Moon Libra

Emeraldstar99 you definitely sound like you’re going through a Plutonian event. The effects sound monstrous, but I hear the evolution, too. Stronger, more assertive, standing up for yourself. It’s a shame carbon has to get crushed to become a diamond.

Fz hb

Pluto and saturn will conjunct my descendant in a year. At the same time pluto will also begin to square natal pluto loosely (10 degrees). the two planets have done quiet a damage during their transit through my sixth house so I am scarred of what the conjunction to descendant and square to natal pluto will bring. Been following this thread for last two years to see what others here have experienced.

heloise

Thank you all for your posts, this is a fascinating thread.

My DC is at 22 degrees capricorn with Pluto ruling my 5th and in my natal 4th. So far I have experienced a miscarriage at the end of January when Pluto was 1 degree away from my DC, and the long-term relationship I was in broke down 1 month ago when I discovered my partner was chatting up another woman behind my back.

The two losses one after the other are difficult but I am coping well and I am discovering that I have resources I didn't know I had. I am also seeing that the collapse of my relationship is probably for the best. In short, the lessons that Pluto are sending me are tough ones but they are forcing me to review my life and my choices. He is making me wiser and also more spiritual.

I have a couple of questions though:

1. how are you dealing with Pluto retro on the DC? What are/were your experiences of it? Is it about an internal integration of Pluto's lessons?

2. How have you experienced Pluto's 3d hit on your DC? I have read somewhere that it was somewhat easier and more of a 'gift'?

Would love to have your thoughts!