Transiting Pluto conjunct the Descendant

StillOne

I've had transiting Pluto conjunct my Descendant for about a year. It's been intense. I've actually had numerous intense outer planet transits the last few years and there looks to be no shortage of them on the horizon as well.

During this transit my grandfather has passed, my father was hospitalized for a month in icu, and I have had years of health concerns as Pluto made it's way through the 6th culminating with Pluto conjucting the Descendant.

Now that Pluto is starting in the 7th house, all of the foretold events are coming to pass regarding my relationships. They are transforming heavily and there's quite a bit of intensity surrounding the transformation. It's involving the closest people to me. My partnerships. They are simply not working as they used to. I am yearning for deeper connection and my current relationships cannot offer that to me. So there's been quite a bit of mostly internal drama regarding this but I'm sure the people close to me sense this.

*Does anyone want to share any experiences or insight regarding Pluto conjunct the Descendant or Pluto transiting the 7th?

(Interesting to note the upcoming Prog Moon opposing Natal Saturn while Transiting Saturn opposes Natal Moon!)

Thank you!

S1

Last edited:

Flapjacks

FYI: I'll most likely edit this thread a bit over the next few days.

I've had transiting Pluto conjunct my Descendant for about a year. It's been intense. I've actually had numerous intense outer planet transits the last few years and there looks to be no shortage of them on the horizon as well.

During this transit my grandfather has passed, my father was hospitalized for a month in icu, and I have had years of health concerns as Pluto made it's way through the 6th culminating with Pluto conjucting the Descendant.

Now that Pluto is starting in the 7th house, all of the foretold events are coming to pass regarding my relationships. They are transforming heavily and there's quite a bit of intensity surrounding the transformation. It's involving the closest people to me. My partnerships. They are simply not working as they used to. I am yearning for deeper connection and my current relationships cannot offer that to me. So there's been quite a bit of mostly internal drama regarding this but I'm sure the people close to me sense this.

*Does anyone want to share any experiences or insight regarding Pluto conjunct the Descendant or Pluto transiting the 7th?

(Interesting to note the upcoming Prog Moon opposing Natal Saturn while Transiting Saturn opposes Natal Moon!)

With that I present you my chart. If you take a look, and you find you have any other interesting thoughts regarding my chart, please don't hesitate to mention them.

Thank you!

S1

Saturn transit over your Venus/moon opposition seems to make an impact on your relationships, too. Pluto will be in the 7th for a long time, long after the Saturn transit is over, but the call to organize, get serious, and put effort into your approach to the Venus/moon dynamic might play into your realization that your relationships are not working and an overhaul might be necessary.

My Pluto transit over the Descendant was pretty ******. I had several heavy transits at once, so this might be why. The usual game is that 'Plutonic' people or situations start showing up and turning things upside down, and eventually the face you present to the world changes in a fundamental way due to these experiences. My guess is you might become more "mature" or reserved in how you display your emotional state and how you feel, how you approach women or feminine things, romantic relationships, friendships, expectations of them. Saturn will do the modifying, but Pluto will make it a deep impact. At least, that is how I see it.

Sorry to hear about grandfather. I hope your dad is ok...

Frisiangal

Hi,
I think that such a question would have to face and go through various issues before receiving an answer.
1) Pluto is very private and may not desire to share what activates its emotions.
2) Natal Pluto's sign and ruling house is going to have an effect upon how transiting Pluto manifests for it.
3) The state of conscious awareness of/in the individual will reflect how it perceives Pluto to be working.
4)Its transits to other planets, and those occuring simultaneously before/during its crossing the Descendant/7th house cusp, are going to effect how the individual relates to 7th house inferences. Pluto finalises to regenerate the planets/house with a totally new dimensional direction focus.
5) Its orbit is so slow that there are those who will never undergo its
transit through the 7th house. Its transits to other angles and through
other houses will be more significant regarding any theme a chart carries within it.

Every transit of every planet is strictly personal of nature, although, generally speaking, the outer planets do share the generational influence. Uranus re-organises, Neptune dissolves. The most that can be said 'privately' of Pluto through Capricorn is to compare it with the generational influence occuring in the world, of which the complete annhiliation of old and outdated structures in whatever form they take, seems to be a major one.
In-built fears can make many then wonder why and what's around the bend that can't yet be visualised, let alone seen.

:smile:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Of course, when Pluto conjs. the desc it's affecting your Asc. through opposition.

Pluto conj. my Asc. brought peculiar relationships into my life. Transiting Eros was squaring Pluto, very peculiar relationships. I was having a lot of fun but also wondered what in the heck I was doing? This is not me! One particular relationship was wreaking such havoc in my life and bringing me to such despair I started therapy. What a God send. Helped me to understand my unconscious drives and desire to want to control everything. Started studying Buddhism which I found a powerful tool in understanding myself, relationship and my world.

Moondance

StillOne

Saturn transit over your Venus/moon opposition seems to make an impact on your relationships, too. Pluto will be in the 7th for a long time, long after the Saturn transit is over, but the call to organize, get serious, and put effort into your approach to the Venus/moon dynamic might play into your realization that your relationships are not working and an overhaul might be necessary.
Thank you, yes, an overhaul has definitely become necessary as I've had to analyze all my relationships and realize that either they need to transform or become obsolete.

You're also right in that Saturn Conjunct my Venus brought relationships into focus as well. I had a string of interesting events when Saturn hit.

My Pluto transit over the Descendant was pretty ******. I had several heavy transits at once, so this might be why. The usual game is that 'Plutonic' people or situations start showing up and turning things upside down, and eventually the face you present to the world changes in a fundamental way due to these experiences. My guess is you might become more "mature" or reserved in how you display your emotional state and how you feel, how you approach women or feminine things, romantic relationships, friendships, expectations of them. Saturn will do the modifying, but Pluto will make it a deep impact. At least, that is how I see it.
My "face" definitely changed as Pluto worked it's way thru the end of my 6th house. My body transformed pretty radically. I was down 40 lbs at one point which was way too much for me to lose. I've since put on more weight but the way I eat now has changed radically. So, yes, the opposition to the ascendant has now transformed how the world sees me.

As far as relationships go, I desire deeper relations now. The superficial friendships that I had just aren't cutting it anymore.

rahu

Banned
I think the reason pluto's transit is defining your experiences now is because you have pluto square your Saturn in your natal. it makes the transit od pluto stronger.
rahu

Kitchy

Banned
Still One -

How's it going? I've been peeking in on this thread - when I first read it, I immediately thought of my good friend who had Pluto cross her descendant about 20 years ago.

She was married to a man for about 20 years - 3 kids 16-20 yrs old. She had a wonderful home life, she was a stay at home mom and she was always torn about her kids growing up and leaving the nest, even though she spent her/their family life preparing for it.

Her husband one day - comes home and says he is leaving her for another woman. Out of the blue to her and to everyone. He was gone from her life within a week.

the afterthought of Pluto on 7th - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPudE8nDog0

She hated him for it - went to the Nth degree in divorce, alimony, child support. She stripped him naked financially. The woman he left my friend for, wasn't interested in him after that - his bitterness and no disposable income and in the divorce, he got his two dalmations and he had no place to home them - so his lady ended up taking care of them and one of them got out one day and disappeared and the question always remained if his lady ditched the dog (the one she disliked the most) and after about two years - husband approached my friend - told he was on the brink of dying in his soul, begged her for mercy and forgiveness and asked to rejoin the family. She told me - "I could tell him 'go to hell' or "I could let him come back with no trust of him whatsoever and make his life miserable and hold him by the balls" (she had jupiter venus saturn conj. Cap).

Guess which option she chose?

Pluto always backs up good or bad - Saturn. Think of Saturn exaltation in Libra, ruled by 7th house Venus. When Pluto crosses descendant, it's all about getting what you want and if you can't, getting everything they have. Pluto takes no prisoners once it hits 7th house, nor does it set them free. If you're gonna take or be held prisoner - know what you're getting in the end.

Last edited:

Flapjacks

Still One -

How's it going? I've been peeking in on this thread - when I first read it, I immediately thought of my good friend who had Pluto cross her descendant about 20 years ago.

She was married to a man for about 20 years - 3 kids 16-20 yrs old. She had a wonderful home life, she was a stay at home mom and she was always torn about her kids growing up and leaving the nest, even though she spent her/their family life preparing for it.

Her husband one day - comes home and says he is leaving her for another woman. Out of the blue to her and to everyone. He was gone from her life within a week.

She hated him for it - went to the Nth degree in divorce, alimony, child support. She stripped him naked financially. The woman he left my friend for, wasn't interested in him after that - his bitterness and no disposable income and in the divorce, he got his two dalmations and he had no place to home them - so his lady ended up taking care of them and one of them got out one day and disappeared and the question always remained if his lady ditched the dog (the one she disliked the most) and after about two years - husband approached my friend - told he was on the brink of dying in his soul, begged her for mercy and forgiveness and asked to rejoin the family. She told me - "I could tell him 'go to hell' or "I could let him come back with no trust of him whatsoever and make his life miserable and hold him by the balls" (she had jupiter venus saturn conj. Cap).

Guess which option she chose?

Pluto always backs up good or bad - Saturn. Think of Saturn exaltation in Libra, ruled by 7th house Venus. When Pluto crosses descendant, it's all about getting what you want and if you can't, getting everything they have. Pluto takes no prisoners once it hits 7th house, nor does it set them free. If you're gonna take or be held prisoner - know what you're getting in the end.

Pluto crossed my DSC when my mother and stepfather had a terrible separation (I was eleven years old). My stepfather started doing heavy drugs, hocked off all our valuables, kicked us out on the street, and then disappeared. Because he went missing, my mother was unable to finalize a divorce for almost a decade. It ruined her financially.

This was after a year and a half of being in and out of women's shelters because my stepdad was physically abusive to my mom. I still have panic attacks if two people argue/yell in front of me, especially inside a home. When I was 23 (12 years later), I was at a friend's house for a dinner party and two of the guests yelled at each other in jest. I had to excuse myself because I was on the verge of tears and shaking all over. I hadn't realized how deeply traumatized I was until then.

My mother has Sun conj. Jupiter 4 degrees from my DSC, square her tight Mars/Moon conjunction in Virgo (her Mercury is in Scorpio, and Pluto passed over it when she got married). Transit Pluto made hard aspects to all of these during the separation.

I don't have my stepfather's placements, but my mother told me that he has Scorpio Sun and Cancer Moon. Pluto must have passed over his Sun recently, maybe even when they got married, and I wonder if Neptune was opposing his Moon at the time (it was conjunct mine).

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Flapjack - that is considered by some PTSD. If you are saying that Pluto on your desc. caused PTSD, I would not argue nor sugar coat. Anyone whose had their emotional skin burned and frittered by Pluto transits wouldn't argue either.

Here's our ultimate learning. Pluto doesn't raze the ground that Saturn hasn't already set to be razed. My true IMO.

This is where tradition comes into play with an un-invited guest -

Saturn-7th-Libra ruled - exaltation - when Happy Goodness Peace meet Gore - how do people react?

Flapjacks

Flapjack - that is considered by some PTSD. If you are saying that Pluto on your desc. caused PTSD, I would not argue nor sugar coat. Anyone whose had their emotional skin burned and frittered by Pluto transits wouldn't argue either.

Here's our ultimate learning. Pluto doesn't raze the ground that Saturn hasn't already set to be razed. My true IMO.

This is where tradition comes into play with an un-invited guest -

Saturn-7th-Libra ruled - exaltation - when Happy Goodness Peace meet Gore - how do people react?

I agree wholeheartedly. I have Natal Saturn is conj. DSC. Transit Pluto went over Saturn before it reached the DSC.

Health concerns also figure when Pluto is going through the 6th house, which it must to reach the Descendant; health can have a dramatic effect on how one interfaces with the world. I should note that during this transit I was diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and started medication (again, Neptune was conjunct my Moon and opposed Sun and Mercury at the same time).

StillOne mentioned dramatic weight loss which have changed his physical appearance. It makes sense that lasting, physical consequences might ensue after this transit.

Kitchy

Banned
I agree wholeheartedly. I have Natal Saturn is conj. DSC. Transit Pluto went over Saturn before it reached the DSC.

Health concerns also figure when Pluto is going through the 6th house, which it must to reach the Descendant; health can have a dramatic effect on how one interfaces with the world. I should note that during this transit I was diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and started medication (again, Neptune was conjunct my Moon and opposed Sun and Mercury at the same time).

StillOne mentioned dramatic weight loss which have changed his physical appearance. It makes sense that lasting, physical consequences might ensue after this transit.

being that it's music sunday - and every song has an astrological fact behind it - i offer you this - (I listen to it often)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjRXGqRofE4

I had a friend who once broke up with a death riddled man and she felt guilty. She said, "I always thought if I had AIDS, I'd live the life I wanted to"

That's Pluto on Asc stuff.

On Desc - we watch it of others while we think it's our own. Tim McGraw has got skinny through Pluto - is it death or is it weeding out the fat of life?

Pluto in 7th usually results in death of other - whether others live or die isn't the issue - its how we view the death of things through others. I have not had this transit yet - with God's will, I will be 84 to a 100 on it. I choose to listen to Saturn early because Saturn doesn't throw a punch that we haven't felt early but ignored.

That which Pluto on 7th wants the most will die and then rebirth of what we want.

It comes down to Saturn in the end.

Last edited:

StillOne

I think the reason pluto's transit is defining your experiences now is because you have pluto square your Saturn in your natal. it makes the transit od pluto stronger.
rahu

Thank you for that, friend. So you think it's highlighting my experience further with Saturn in House 12 square Pluto in House 4?

StillOne

Still One -

How's it going?
Hey Kitchy! It's going well thanks! How are you?

"I could tell him 'go to hell'
I really hope she chose this route. It's the only route that makes "sense" to me. The other way just seems like a life full of suffering by all parties... my opinion.

Interesting, and what I'm experiencing so far is the all or nothing aspect that you're talking about. Personally, it's very refreshing in ways (minus the family events), as it's been a big departure for the norm for me in how I have experienced relationships prior.

Kitchy

Banned
Still One -

Pluto is like Shaft - one bad mo fo. Maybe your moniker says more than we know. Deep waters and all.

I relate 7th house to others - not just self. I would offer grace for not having to experience that stuff of pluto in 7th as of yet, personally, but I have a natal moon/pluto square - so my emotions get lava'd pretty easy by pluto.

As for my friend - as I alluded, she had that mini-stellium of Cap and YES she did offer him to come back home and he did and they are still married, but of course, their entire relationship was transformed. I am pretty sure, her's was a business decision, which Pluto asked her to make. She did not want to be that divorcee with grown children and lonely at home. She had a beautiful home, large and full of life.

Anyway - I feel like a gossip, but no names mentioned. They went to ongoing relationship counseling and she discovered, he had been using cocaine for the last year of their marriage!

Everything changed.

But the first several years were rough on a lot of her 7th house relationships - friends, co-workers, even her lawyer griped at her. That's how ugly the divorce was and, for me, as her good friend, I found it difficult to accept and to even be around them as a couple for a good couple of years. Her close relationships, en generale, got to taste some of that Pluto 7th by proxy. A few of her more 'principled' friends ended their friendship with her, but a lot of that had to do with all their badmouthing catching up with them when they got back together. I stuck with her, but it was rough during the take-back.

I had Pluto transit through my 5th (I know it's not the same as the 7th but similar) starting around 1998 and that was when some things came out about a relative (I won't go into details, but maybe you can guess) which led our family to be split up...us kids got the brunt end of that family break up. We had to leave our lives behind...our childhood friends our schools, and our parents because they couldn't be available to us. Our lives were forever changed because of that. Now I'm dealing with Pluto in the 6th... Then of course the 7th...

Flapjacks

Interesting, and what I'm experiencing so far is the all or nothing aspect that you're talking about. Personally, it's very refreshing in ways (minus the family events), as it's been a big departure for the norm for me in how I have experienced relationships prior.

You have me so curious about the details. :whistling:

Anyway - I feel like a gossip, but no names mentioned. They went to ongoing relationship counseling and she discovered, he had been using cocaine for the last year of their marriage!

The drama of this reminds me so much of my mother's separation that it is eerie the same transit was involved.

anca

Account Closed
FYI: I'll most likely edit this thread a bit over the next few days.

With that I present you my chart. If you take a look, and you find you have any other interesting thoughts regarding my chart, please don't hesitate to mention them.

Thank you!

S1

StillOne, look also at the progressed and solar arc Venus, they are both in H7, progressed Moon also in H7, it's all about relationships, mainly with women. And soon you'll have progressed Moon conj Pluto in H7, you wanted deeper relationships, here you are. Solar Arc Neptune is there too.....wow, and you'll go soon through a midlife crises with T Uranus opp Natal Uranus...

But keep an eye on Saturn transiting your H6, have only a positive focus on health, don't have fear and negative thoughts. Your prenatal New Moon was conjunct Pluto and AC, and your prenatal Vertex was conjunct a H10 Chiron, to me it looks that you came here with a strong Pluto Chiron theme, try to channel this energy towards positive manifestations.

Use your h12 Moon for meditation, to help you to stay centered and to ask for guidance, with so much going on in H7 you'll need it. Moon is 12 is great, great for meditation.

Don't forget that with so many yods you cannot fix major problems, you have to learn to live with them, therefore act accordingly and don't try to push hard to fix them because they might affect your health.

And hope that your H7 Jupiter will deliver one day his promise and you'll meet TheOne.

Good luck to you and to me and to everybody who's going through difficult transits and progressions...

Kitchy

Banned
Very excellent yod-eling, Anca. Yods are the biggest little cities in the world, creo que. Still One is an apppropriate moniker for a yoddity. My mom used to call quincux the razors edge - where one must accept the matter at hand - or move this way or that and get the slice.

I think it is a good suggestion to maintain a daily dynamic of peaceful inside-ness with yods- being still - like the buddhists practice. Staying with the moment within.

I'm glad Anca reminded us of this.

Last edited:

StillOne

StillOne, look also at the progressed and solar arc Venus, they are both in H7, progressed Moon also in H7, it's all about relationships, mainly with women. And soon you'll have progressed Moon conj Pluto in H7, you wanted deeper relationships, here you are. Solar Arc Neptune is there too.....wow, and you'll go soon through a midlife crises with T Uranus opp Natal Uranus...
Very interesting anca, since I don't really have very many relationships with women... However, the desire sure is strong in this direction at the moment!

So there's more midlife crisis stuff on the horizon? Great, and I didn't think it could get much worse with what I've already been through... I suppose it could always get worse. :unsure:

But keep an eye on Saturn transiting your H6, have only a positive focus on health, don't have fear and negative thoughts. Your prenatal New Moon was conjunct Pluto and AC, and your prenatal Vertex was conjunct a H10 Chiron, to me it looks that you came here with a strong Pluto Chiron theme, try to channel this energy towards positive manifestations.
That's interesting! Pluto Chiron themes sure resonate and make sense karmically.

Use your h12 Moon for meditation, to help you to stay centered and to ask for guidance, with so much going on in H7 you'll need it. Moon is 12 is great, great for meditation.
I haven't been very focused on my practice lately but you're helping to bring the need for it back in focus. Thanks for the suggestion.

Don't forget that with so many yods you cannot fix major problems, you have to learn to live with them, therefore act accordingly and don't try to push hard to fix them because they might affect your health.
Good point, it is what it is... just like it always has. :whistling:

And hope that your H7 Jupiter will deliver one day his promise and you'll meet TheOne.
Yeah, not really sure if it's in the 7th or 8th house... Hopefully something good comes out of it even though the squares...

Good luck to you and to me and to everybody who's going through difficult transits and progressions...
Thanks for posting! I appreciate the insight.

docker

I've had transiting Pluto conjunct my Descendant for about a year. It's been intense...

As I can see it's not only Pluto!!! Saturn conjuncted your Neptune (that's suffering **does your career effected?) and Venus (cold emotions affected your relationships) and he is full ahead to oppose your Moon, ruler of your Asc!!!! Uranus squared Asc/Dsc axis simultaneously while Pluto touched this axis too. Neptune squared your natal Neptune and Venus as well. As you can see three heavy planets affects simultaneously the Asc/Desc axis, Venus (ruler of family, house etc) and Neptune (ruler of 9th-10th if the time of birth is correct).

Pluto brings transformation through unconscious paths into your life THROUGH others, relationships, cooperations and open enemies or even consultants (it's a form of cooperation). You should pay special attention on what others wants by you, especially the meanings that are hidden behind their words. It seems that so many years you had the opportunity to produce major changes in your life. Now you have the chance to do that THROUGH others. It's like they have the power NOW.