Sun square/opposite Venus in synastry: scandalous love?

fullmoonlibra

Sun opposite or square Venus: This combination tends toward scandalous or illicit and strong physical attractions. In the relationship itself, there tends to be lack of cooperation, disharmony and difficulty in compromising. The Venus individual complains that the Sun person is too unyielding and the Sun person has trouble appreciating the Venus person's tastes and values. Money is often the in the spotlight of disagreement.

Very interesting. I never thought about a disharmonious Sun/Venus in synastry in this way.
I always saw it as a 'dislike' between two persons.
So there could actually be love? But then in a not so preferable way..

Does anyone experienced this?

Brea

I personally have sun (me) square venus with someone really important/close to me. Since my ascendant is leo (as is his) and its my sun begin squared, I really dont feel like I can express myself around/with/to him (he's a very critical thinker). I have very earthy loving feelings for him, and he has feelings for me but he's so detached from his feelings its impossible to relax into them for one another. It's kinda ironic too since my dsc is in Aquarius. We both dont like to slap labels on our connections, we like our freedom, we like to give those we love freedom, and we're independent creatures. It's unfortunate because I just kinda want to love him in the moment (because I'm grateful to have found someone else operating on my level) because I dont want to ever weigh his awesome spirit down but these feelings are stifled.

Its really strange too because my moon trines his Jupiter. So All these good feelings get generated on my end but I cant really enjoy them with him. its weird too because we can physically express these feelings, even he can, but that's as far as it will ever get.

So over all Venus Sq Sun is not conductive to a happy expressive relationship unless maybe there are more pleasant Venus aspects present

Attachments

• astro_61gw_49_04_chris_hum_brea.42406.3716.jpg
    astro_61gw_49_04_chris_hum_brea.42406.3716.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 57
  • astro_2gw_49_chris_hum.22105.1444.jpg
    astro_2gw_49_chris_hum.22105.1444.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Waki

I did experience this with a man. My Sun in 18 Aquarius and his Venus in 15 Leo.

I have loved him very much, and he loved me very much and we stayed together for about a couple of years. I met him last week after 20+ years not meeting. He said I have been someone very important in his life. I have a very sweet memory of our time together too, although it did not work. We are not even very clear why we separated, which happened smoothly. I am now only looking up at our synastry.

You wrote a few things that are not relevant, save this one:

The Venus individual complains that the Sun person is too unyielding and the Sun person has trouble appreciating the Venus person's tastes and values.

That makes sense and rings a bell in our case, to some extent only though.

But... we have conjoined Sun-Moon in Aquarius (5 degrees orb) that comes in the mix, difficult to disentangle from the Sun-Venus aspect. Otherwise, surprisingly his chart makes no major aspect to my Venus whatsoever, and my Sun opposition is the single connection to his Venus, which is quite impressive in a strong romantic story that was so tender and sweet. It's hardly believable. Our sexual life was also good, yet nothing involving our Mars either can explain the love affair.

I would say the Moon-Sun in the impersonal, intellectual Aquarius can hardly explain the gentleness, warmth and sweetness of the intimacy and the strong love ---and I would therefore include the Venus-Sun opposition as a support, because there is otherwise not much romantic resonance in the synastry.

But now, his Moon might be exceptionally strong, and thus her conjunction with my Sun be especially effective: he is born before sunrise by night, with his Moon near MC. I don't have his exact birth time, could be Gemini or Cancer. Now given the story, it could be Cancer, that would strengthen his Moon even more and make the conjunction even more effective. And his Sun is Cancer, so his Moon is very important in his life.

Of course if his MC in on my Sun, that would add effect.

The other remarkable thing in the synastry is his Mars right on my South Node (in Libra, maybe bring Venus in the picture through rulership?). I suspect that is binding. But not necessarily romantic (save the Libra tone?).

Other than this, I don't see any reason why we were so much in love. There are a few other nice things, but they could make for a mere friendship: loose sextile from my Jupiter to his Sun, and from his Jupiter to my Moon, and a bit and loose connections bringing our Mercuries in slight touch with each other's chart. With hindsight, and with our latest meeting in mind, I would say Jupiter was a great support.

So once again the entire synastry must be considered, and rulerships seem to be very important.
I can't say whether the Sun-Venus opposition eventually harmed the relationship --that's entirely possible, but I would suspect it brought us in each other's arms.

Any comments are welcome.

Last edited:

thelivingsky

I did experience this with a man. My Sun in 18 Aquarius and his Venus in 15 Leo.

I have loved him very much, and he loved me very much and we stayed together for about a couple of years. I met him last week after 20+ years not meeting. He said I have been someone very important in his life. I have a very sweet memory of our time together too, although it did not work. We are not even very clear why we separated, which happened smoothly. I am now only looking up at our synastry.

You wrote a few things that are not relevant, save this one:

That makes sense and rings a bell in our case, to some extent only though.

But... we have conjoined Sun-Moon in Aquarius (5 degrees orb) that comes in the mix, difficult to disentangle from the Sun-Venus aspect. Otherwise, surprisingly his chart makes no major aspect to my Venus whatsoever, and my Sun opposition is the single connection to his Venus, which is quite impressive in a strong romantic story that was so tender and sweet. It's hardly believable. Our sexual life was also good, yet nothing involving our Mars either can explain the love affair.

I would say the Moon-Sun in the impersonal, intellectual Aquarius can hardly explain the gentleness, warmth and sweetness of the intimacy and the strong love ---and I would therefore include the Venus-Sun opposition as a support, because there is otherwise not much romantic resonance in the synastry.

But now, his Moon might be exceptionally strong, and thus her conjunction with my Sun be especially effective: he is born before sunrise by night, with his Moon near MC. I don't have his exact birth time, could be Gemini or Cancer. Now given the story, it could be Cancer, that would strengthen his Moon even more and make the conjunction even more effective. And his Sun is Cancer, so his Moon is very important in his life.

Of course if his MC in on my Sun, that would add effect.

The other remarkable thing in the synastry is his Mars right on my South Node (in Libra, maybe bring Venus in the picture through rulership?). I suspect that is binding. But not necessarily romantic (save the Libra tone?).

Other than this, I don't see any reason why we were so much in love. There are a few other nice things, but they could make for a mere friendship: loose sextile from my Jupiter to his Sun, and from his Jupiter to my Moon, and a bit and loose connections bringing our Mercuries in slight touch with each other's chart. With hindsight, and with our latest meeting in mind, I would say Jupiter was a great support.

So once again the entire synastry must be considered, and rulerships seem to be very important.
I can't say whether the Sun-Venus opposition eventually harmed the relationship --that's entirely possible, but I would suspect it brought us in each other's arms.

Any comments are welcome.

I would very much like to see the composite and synastry chart for this relationship should you be able to get the data and permission. there may be clues that we can all learn from as to why the relationship did not last yet you seem to have a very warm and respectful friendship.

Waki

Well I could post it, why not.

But it was not just friendship and it is still not just friendship, at least the way i experience it now. We have met twice after separation, once after 3-4 years, and once after 20 yeas. There is this sweetness and tenderness... that really is quite romantic. I felt both times that we could just hold each other hands so naturally and spontaneously. But we both have other commitments now that we want to respect therefore we don't act out.

Of course, there are a few squares that have harmed us I guess. But I was speaking about the romance, love, ans sexual relationship and therefore about how Venus and Mars were involved. And I believe the Sun-Venus opposition did make it happen.

Well there is also a Mars-Sun exact trine which must have helped us being physically in tune.

Last edited:

Waki

ga nj.jpg

that's the synastry. I am the Scorpio rising, Aquarius Sun. I don't have his birth time, he said it's "early morning" and I dont know what that means.

Now if it is 5 am or so, he would have his antivertex on my Moon. But I removed his angles from the chart because deciding the time of his birth when then is an entire 3-4 hours or even more possibilities, that's just stretching things too far.

I personally have sun (me) square venus with someone really important/close to me. Since my ascendant is leo (as is his) and its my sun begin squared, I really dont feel like I can express myself around/with/to him (he's a very critical thinker). I have very earthy loving feelings for him, and he has feelings for me but he's so detached from his feelings its impossible to relax into them for one another. It's kinda ironic too since my dsc is in Aquarius. We both dont like to slap labels on our connections, we like our freedom, we like to give those we love freedom, and we're independent creatures. It's unfortunate because I just kinda want to love him in the moment (because I'm grateful to have found someone else operating on my level) because I dont want to ever weigh his awesome spirit down but these feelings are stifled.

Its really strange too because my moon trines his Jupiter. So All these good feelings get generated on my end but I cant really enjoy them with him. its weird too because we can physically express these feelings, even he can, but that's as far as it will ever get.

So over all Venus Sq Sun is not conductive to a happy expressive relationship unless maybe there are more pleasant Venus aspects present

I know this is a really old post....but just curious as to what happened to ur relationship? I have the same...both leo asc, sun sq venus, moon trine jup...physically great...but im so confused about what he feels...