Pluto on descendant, what to expect?? Experiences?

aquarius7000

Hi,

Pluto in the vicinity of your Dsc. and thus aspecting your Asc., we need to see what your natal Moon is up to. This is because the Moon rules your Asc. Now, in your chart, the natal Moon is placed on your MC/ career line. Also, with the Moon progressed into your 1st house in Cancer, and your progressed Asc. over your natal Saturn, I feel all this could have to do with a change in your job/career and finances.

One more thing, since transit Saturn is on your natal Neptune in the sixth house and opposing your Sun, which in turn also rules your natal 2nd house of personal finance, it again points in the direction of your personal finances.

A suggestion, please pay attention to your health. After all, the Sun and the first house are involved here.

Good luck with everything:)

northernstar

Hi,

Pluto in the vicinity of your Dsc. and thus aspecting your Asc., we need to see what your natal Moon is up to. This is because the Moon rules your Asc. Now, in your chart, the natal Moon is placed on your MC/ career line. Also, with the Moon progressed into your 1st house in Cancer, and your progressed Asc. over your natal Saturn, I feel all this could have to do with a change in your job/career and finances.

One more thing, since transit Saturn is on your natal Neptune in the sixth house and opposing your Sun, which in turn also rules your natal 2nd house of personal finance, it again points in the direction of your personal finances.

A suggestion, please pay attention to your health. After all, the Sun and the first house are involved here.

Good luck with everything:)

Thanks a lot for your reply, aquarius7000! I learn a lot from every new answer in here..

You are absolutely right that this might be connected to my career and a change of work.. The coming spring, when Pluto conj my DC, my current position is running out, and I have to find a new job.. After nearly 10 years in the same job, I have become increasingly tired and weary of this job that I used to love, and I am thinking of doing something completely different- I just don't know what yet.. But Pluto will force me to develop and evolve, I guess, transformation ahead etc.. :) And- it is not unthinkable that this may affect my financial situation either, since it is not given that I get a new job right away, thus my income might be temporarily lower..

Saturn is luckily moving away from the position opp my sun, and the astrologer I visited assured me that even when retrograding next year, saturn will not go further back than 21 degrees cap, and my sun is at 16.. But I've felt the influence on my finances of sat opp my sun this autumn, when the opposition was exact (and in the time before)- suddenly lots of extra expences for the past 4 months.

You mention to look after my health- could you elaborate? is this mainly because saturn opp sun?

Thanks again for a helpful reply!! :)

aquarius7000

...You mention to look after my health- could you elaborate? is this mainly because saturn opp sun?...
I said it primarily because of transit Saturn opposing your Sun and going over your 6th house, but also because you have the luminaries progressed over your 1st house. In a few months, transiting Uranus will also activate your natal Mars-Uranus opposition. Just a time to be a bit careful.

northernstar

Thanks again, aquarius7000!! :) Interesting. Altough it looks like it is still a year until uranus reaches my mars.

Another question to anyone who may know (I put it in this thread in stead of making a new one in order to gather pluto-transit-info in one place):

I noticed that after pluto crosses my DC, it will square my north node.. Does anyone have any information on this aspect? I could hardly find anything when googling...

thanks again!

northernstar

Yeah, I just glanced at your chart real quick. As far as I can see it doesn't really seem as if you have any really bad aspects...

So far, my experience with Pluto has ultimately been like you are experiencing transformation and power. I'm hoping I've experienced the worst parts so far. For example, right now Pluto is opposing my Saturn and soon it will oppose my moon. The most recent and simplest explanation of one of my experiences is that my relationship with my mom is shifting and changing. I think my mom is represented by Saturn. So the power dynamics have shifted. I feel more in control of my own power with my mom and in other relationships. As Pluto approaches the descendant some people can feel it. I also have my Venus on my descendant and as someone (sorry I didn't catch the handle) said in a previous post Pluto goes back and forth and can take a year to go a few degrees. So I've been anticipating Pluto for a long while now.

Every romantic relationship that I've had in the last 5 years (there's only been 2 Saturn was also transiting my fifth house- not much social life) has been intense and brought out all of my darkness and fears. The last relationship ended just a couple months ago and the guy walked away and didn't want to talk about it or tell me why. It was a horrible rejection experience and so painful because although the relationship was short lived, we had an intense connection and really liked one another... I crumbled. I was sad and not able to understand and I still don't understand him, but now I understand myself. I know what I want in a relationship and I know who I want and I'm not afraid to be alone.i am not afraid anymore to ask for what I want. I am empowered. And I'm not afraid of my own darkness anymore, either ;)

Also, earlier this year two of my closest and loved family members committed suicide... so along with this latest breakup came suppressed unresolved mourning, sadness and anger .
the death of my relatives followed the same pattern as my last relationship, they left without explanation and without saying good bye ;)...(supposedly, that is very Plutonian) it really took me awhile to process all of this, but it's pretty cool to see the underlying patterns in all of this ... I am much more careful and focused in my life now. I'm happier than when Pluto first started and I have less fears, less insecurity

Once again, I'm experiencing so much, I think because Pluto is transiting my natal planets and I also have a 0 degree Venus square Pluto which ultimately means transformation in love which is happening on many levels for me right now.

And yes relationships transform but it might happen over a longer time period more or less in the background if no planets are involved. And the advice I gave earlier Pluto only destroys what is not true and Pluto might test a person who uses low level behavior out of a power imbalance in a relationship which could highlight fears and insecurity... pluto wants us to take the high road and let things go then there is less pain... but you might not have much to fear. Your chart looks a little more positive than mine in some ways. Pluto has positive sides too. Can you remember what happened in your life when Pluto was transiting your sun and your Jupiter?

Sorry for all the run on sentences and hopefully my response made sense I can't reread what I've written on my phone until I post ;)

Hello again venusarising!

You asked earlier if i could remember what happened in my life when Pluto was opposing my sun and jupiter.. i have now found out how the ephemerises work and discovered something interesting; pluto was opp JUP and sun in 2001-2002. This was the happiest time of my life because that is when i met my husband (dec 2000) and 2001 was pure euphoric intense love and happiness (opp Jup)! ! But then i got pregnant quite quickly (late 2001) and that's when Pluto was opp my sun(during 2002, when we became parents). .. transformation!! Into motherhood. pluto went back and forth between opposing jup and sun during this time (14-16 degrees sag.)

So if you meant that pluto crossing my dc could be anything like that time period i am more excited than scared. :) it was happiness, strong feelings of love and safety, and exciting New things like pregnancy happening!

Last edited:

northernstar

Hi all! I think I wrote earlier that I wanted to come back to you with an update as pluto transits my DC, as I also have seen others questioning this transit. The past year has been chaotic, emotional upheaveal from last spring and onwards.. pluto made landfall at my dc March 2017, 4 months ago.

I remember reading someplace that "no one wants to learn that their spouse through 25 years really doesn't love you after all, or that they cheated on you. But that's the stuff that might happen when pluto crosses your dc".. ANd guess what, the relationship with my husband has been strssful and difficult the whole last year. And that came as a shock to me, as we had this stable ,loving relationship for 15 years before this..

he started changing a lot last year, when pluto was conj his moon. It was horrible, and all the things that are described relating to this transit happened. emotional upheaval, irrational, angry outbursts over details, soulsearching, going through his life from childhood on, traumas were discovered etc etc. But it initially took shape of him escaping me. Which made me petrified. ANd needy/clingy. Clash! crisis. But have opened up and talked a lot. ANd we both have ended in counselling, both separately and together! Max plutonian. ANd guess what- not long ago he actually said the words I never thought I would hear him say: "I am not really sure how I feel about you, if the larger feelings are still there, if I truly love you..". I was ruined. Then he says the opposiite, that he does love me, but the intensity is gone.. but- it turns out now that he is severely depressed and his doc sent him to urgent psychiatric care.... :( I hope that all his questioning his feelings is caused by the depression and that things will work out for us (I know the depression is related to unresolved childhood stuff). He also says he won't lose me and can't imagine a future without me.. It is hard!! I love him, always will. Thought that would be enough. Will wait until he has been through therapy and see where we are going.

So that relationship truly has transformed. ANd so have I. I have in fact learnt to let go. Last year I was fighting this change. He claims we need to change to move on together, change scares me. but after all the things that happened between us, I have pretty much now 'given up' questioning and convincing him, given up holding on to what used to be. I have let go, calmed down, thinking that i have done all i can and whatever comes around I will have to deal with. ANd that feels a lot better! Last year was just terror, angst.

This has been a major chage IN me as well, so I have transformed too. Maybe I have become more careful, more quiet, withdrawn. More mature, in a sense. ANd I started pursuing my dream; started writing a book! Hopefully it will work out..

Would like to hear other people's experiences too.. :)

heloise

Thank you all for your posts, this is a fascinating thread.

My DC is at 22 degrees capricorn with Pluto ruling my 5th and in my natal 4th. So far I have experienced a miscarriage at the end of January when Pluto was 1 degree away from my DC, and the long-term relationship I was in broke down 1 month ago when I discovered my partner was chatting up another woman behind my back.

The two losses one after the other are difficult but I am coping well and I am discovering that I have resources I didn't know I had. I am also seeing that the collapse of my relationship is probably for the best. In short, the lessons that Pluto are sending me are tough ones but they are forcing me to review my life and my choices. He is making me wiser and also more spiritual.

I have a couple of questions though:

1. how are you dealing with Pluto retro on the DC? What are/were your experiences of it? Is it about an internal integration of Pluto's lessons?

2. How have you experienced Pluto's 3d hit on your DC? I have read somewhere that it was somewhat easier and more of a 'gift'?

Would love to have your thoughts!