The Descendant

Tatianna

Hello.

I've always been interested in why people say that the sign on your descendant is what you're missing or what you look for in others. I have Pisces on my descendant and also my sun/Venus/mercury in pisces but I have never been drawn to Pisces people I'm more drawn to earthy mercury types* I have one friend who has a Pisces moon which is maybe why we connect on some level but I find her to be over bearing, manipulative and negative. I just don't feel associated with Pisces at all. Maybe when I was younger but deffinetly not now.* I find them wet clingy and miserable. I have virgo ascendant and mars in sagitarius- and moon in scorpio but I'm surprised that I feel this way when I have so many planet's in pisces and my descendant there. This makes me think that being attracted to your descendant sign is not true. I'm more reppelled!! Any thoughts?

Tatianna

Doesn't the mars in Sagittarius tell you anything? Maybe it's squaring your pisces planets?

Wow! Yes my mars squares my sun and the Venus.... so this causes a contradiction and perhaps weakens my Pisces traits?

infact my entire chart is square city!! over 10 squares! haha! my god there are twists and turns in my life!

Last edited:

Tatianna

Attachments

• 20180906_171042.png
    20180906_171042.png
    117 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

ElenaJ

The moon/pluto conjunction are trine the sun in 7th. Emotional transformation, through using your intelligence, and try to favour contacts with people having charts with important sun aspects (Leo ascendent, moon or sun, or sun aspects to personal planets).

Tatianna

WOW! interesting, i've been involved with, head over heals with someone who has leo ascendant and sun conjunct moon! interesting. so could you tell me that the mars squares give power to my mars? and the jupiter conjunct sun gives me more jupiter qualities?

thanks for your insight :happy:

Tatianna

I'm a Pisces and I've found that Virgo Ascendants don't care for us much... ;)

Haha! You know what, when I was younger i was so sensitive to virgos and didn't get on with their detached analytical ways, but now i feel like i've become more like my virgo ascendant and i actually get on really well with virgo suns, it's all very interesting! :innocent:

watcherofthesouth

We definitely change as we age. As a Pisces, we like to hide and I don't like people watching me - the Virgos I've known like to analyze every move! Particularly my boyfriend when I'm cooking.

Tatianna

We definitely change as we age. As a Pisces, we like to hide and I don't like people watching me - the Virgos I've known like to analyze every move! Particularly my boyfriend when I'm cooking.

haha! yes! that's very typical virgo. i find i'm constantly analysing my environment and a bit of a sneaky detective thanks to my scorpio moon!
i want to know everything!

Witchyone

Wow! Yes my mars squares my sun and the Venus.... so this causes a contradiction and perhaps weakens my Pisces traits?

infact my entire chart is square city!! over 10 squares! haha! my god there are twists and turns in my life!

I have a very heavily aspected chart as well. It makes it very difficult to identify patterns when there are so many conflicting placements, doesn't it? On the positive side, if you enjoy studying natal charts, you'll learn a lot from studying your own for years to come.

Regarding the descendant, I have Taurus rising (so Scorpio is my Dsc.) and Gemini sun (which is inconjunct to Scorpio), and my experiences with Scorpio suns have been uncomfortably obsessive no-gos. Either they were obsessed with me, or me with them. This includes friendships, not just romantic interests.

wan

My ascendant is Pisces and my Saturn opposites it very closely. My friend has a lot of personal planets in Pisces and therefore opposite my Saturn. I sometimes feel that I don't feel close to her even though I've known her for 10 years and we have lunch every month.

Tatianna

I have a very heavily aspected chart as well. It makes it very difficult to identify patterns when there are so many conflicting placements, doesn't it? On the positive side, if you enjoy studying natal charts, you'll learn a lot from studying your own for years to come.

Regarding the descendant, I have Taurus rising (so Scorpio is my Dsc.) and Gemini sun (which is inconjunct to Scorpio), and my experiences with Scorpio suns have been uncomfortably obsessive no-gos. Either they were obsessed with me, or me with them. This includes friendships, not just romantic interests.

I have just realised that I have more squares than the average person. I feel a bit doomed as I am so changeable and never seem to know what I want! (so many planets in mutable signs)

Yea, I have been reading about natal charts etc, most of my life - dipped in and out - but i am always stumbling across new things in my natal chart and i have the light bulb moment when it all makes sense!

ahh maybe the in conjunct explains why you're uncomfortable with scorps. i was in a relationship with a scorpio and found him too obsessive - but i have a scorpio moon! i get on well with geminis - i love their quick minds and speech and moving from one topic to the next- maybe because my moon is placed in the 3rd house perhaps

Last edited:

Witchyone

I have just realised that I have more squares than the average person. I feel a bit doomed as I am so changeable and never seem to know what I want! (so many planets in mutable signs)

Yea, I have been reading about natal charts etc, most of my life - dipped in and out - but i am always stumbling across new things in my natal chart and i have the light bulb moment when it all makes sense!

ahh maybe the in conjunct explains why you're uncomfortable with scorps. i was in a relationship with a scorpio and found him too obsessive - but i have a scorpio moon! i get on well with geminis - i love their quick minds and speech and moving from one topic to the next- maybe because my moon is placed in the 3rd house perhaps

I've had a very similar experience. One thing that helps me digest it all is to look at the orbs of my aspects and focus most on the ones with tightest orbs. It's also been interesting to read about my chart pattern type. It's a splay. I'm having trouble seeing your pattern because of all the asteroids and extra features, but I think it's a bowl.

watcherofthesouth

Wan, your comment made me realize something - when Saturn aspects a sign in your chart (for instance my Saturn is in Gemini), it can influence a person's behavior towards you who has that sign. A member of my family is Gemini and he is very detached/distant with me. Very interesting.

kimbermoon

It helps to think of the DC as being how other people respond to your personality projection. Consider the opposites between Virgo and Pisces. What you project outwards is a down to earth, rather reticent persona. You can appear rather worrisome and tend to be somewhat critical about body image and hygiene. Since your ASC is highly challenged by aspects, your presentation may not be as easily accepted by many people.

In contrast then, the water nature of Pisces, being highly receptive and sympathetic, is apt to be drawn to your more grounded nature, but may also sense you need compassion and perhaps help to heal. Note how afflicted Chiron is in your chart as well.

As far as how you project yourself, we also look to the condition of the ASC ruler; in this case Mercury, which is afflicted by Uranus and Neptune. Keep in mind that the way we express in the outer world, will in turn garner a personal response from others.

miquar

Hi. Lots of people are attracted to people who resemble their descendant because it shows our sense of what relationship should be about, and if we are instinctively gravitating to the ascendant, then we need the other to bring the descendant theme(s) into the dynamic. Having said that, people often make a conscious effort to be more like their descendant when they are engaging with others, because there is a sense that others have the same expectations of relationship that we do.

You are better placed than most to take the initiative and express your descendant themes along when relating with others. But you have an issue with Pisces types, which suggests that you are not conscious of some of the ways the your strong Pisces energy is manifesting. This possibility is made more likely by the fact that your Pisces Sun - right on the descendant - makes a close t-square with the Saturn-Chiron opposition. I think it would be worth you looking closely and honestly at how your Pisces energy comes out, and also at any sub-conscious yearnings for this energy to be expressed/satisfied in ways that you can't accept because they conflict with other parts of you. Things that you experienced around the Saturn return may give clues about anything that needs looking at.

Just some thoughts that may be relevant.

Best wishes,

Miquar