Descendant - your invisible shadow self, your biggest enemy and truest love.

ardentika

When I started with astrology I was mindblown to see that the 7th house was responsible for intimate partners AND open enemies... OPEN enemies, mind you, not hidden. I was thinking how the hell is it possible one house to hold such a dualistic meaning... and one night it hit me.

I hope you have seen the movie 300: Raise of an empire. Do you remember the scene on the boat with Artemisia having a knife on her throat held by Themistocles ? In the movie, Themistocles was Artemisia greatest enemy. Even tho she was Greek, er DNA and origins were Greek, she chose to war against them, due to personal vendetta with them. She adored Themistocles because she loved the "play" they had. She considered him to be her greatest opponent, someone worthy to fight WITH. Because he was challenging her, and a woman like her was hard to be challenged by just anyone.

But they fought on opposite teams.

At the very last scene, she didn't want to kill him, but she wanted to make him join her, because her ego was too great to call off the war, yet she did not want to lose him by death. She wanted power over him, she was ready to offer him the world, only if he would joinher and fight BY her side. And what did he say?

"I'd rather die as a free man than a chained slave, even if the chains are held by you."

How beautiful... this perhaps is the best example of what practically twin flames would look like. Equals that due to ego fight for power over the other, instead of just embracing the other for his/her greatness and freedom of spirit.

This IS the descendant, this is why it rules not only partners but open enemies. Have heard all the chiches "Make love not war" or "You are your own biggest enemy" , "There is a thin line between love and hate" ?

They all speak of one. When we cannot possess what we love, our ego brain turns it into hate, we want to fight and conquer, instead of just loving..

What you admire in your partner, what you love about them, or what you hate about them, is all you posses . They are YOU in another shape and form. This is when we love someone so deeply, when we let the Descendant be illuminated and realize it's another part of ourselves. This gives a greater understanding to the partners we attract, why we attract them, who we are, and who are they.

If you love your freedom don't be surprised to attract only unreliable and flaky partners... they show you how you look like from the utside of our own self.

The Descendant shows the most beautiful love story of why we hate someone, and why we love them so much. It's all up to you if this house will manifest as an open enemy, or the love of your life. :whistling:

Anyways, I had to share that revelation, I'm not claiming its original, but since the whole "Twin Flame" thing is so popular these days, I figured there is a reason for that, and I think its the concept itself, not the person.

haidee

What if loving freedom is highly egoistical?

I mean... I gained people trying to destroy me for it... o.0 personal experience, serious question.

ardentika

I don't think it's egoistical, people have their own personal missions, not everyone comes here with the purpose to experience relationships, it's not their main mission on Earth. But does not mean it cannot happen. It just takes maturity and allowence, trust not codependency.

Simply said, if someone wants to be with you they will find a way, if that soothes your needs too. It takes sacrifice from both sides so that both people can follow their dreams and still share the joy within the relationship, with that significant other.

These days I don't see any other way for a relationship to survive, it's just personla observations, I could be wrong.