Capricorn descendant or saturn in 7th: which would be worse?

miquar

Hi. Probably Saturn in the 7th, especially if making strong or plentiful aspects. But then I have Capricorn on the descendent and I do feel it.

And so with Uranus in the 8th.

Best wishes

Miquar

UnluckyGirl

???

Like the example of aquarius 8th or uranus in 8th,which would be more powerful?

I always felt the sign to be the least important. I feel the aspects and the house placements can "alter" the sign's nature almost completely. I have Capricorn DSC with Uranus, Neptune and North Node in it, with the first 2 being exactly on 7th H cusp.
I also have 8th H aqua with Saturn in it.
I feel the planets in 7th and 8th H way more than their signs.. I mean you could understand how I operate just by reading the interpretations of my natal planets in the houses. Not to say that signs are completely pointless. They give some more details but in my opinion they are way weaker.
It changes completely when it comes to empty houses or unaspected planets though..
There is nothing major to alter the sign's nature so the sign explains perfectly how that planet/house works.

House placements are the strongest
Aspects the second strongest
And signs the weakest ones

wan

My understanding of the matter is similar to Unluckygirl's, with one small difference: the planet outweighs the sign in most cases. For example, if someone has Neptune in Sagittarius on the ascendant, this person will mostly exhibit Piscean traits (the sign that Neptune rules) and then, to a lesser degree, traits of Sagittarius.