Transiting Pluto conjunct the Descendant

heloise

You mention you have Pluto in your 4th. I’m so curious about your experience of Pluto there. My son has Pluto conjunct Venus in his 4th. Also Mercury and Chiron in 4th with Mars on the Nadir in the 3rd. Everywhere I’ve read P in 4th suggests abuse or neglect in the home. This horrifies me, and I hope to find an alternate meaning somewhere rather than discover at some point that something terrible happened I wasn’t aware of.

Hello New Moon Libra,

To answer your question I have Pluto in the 4th (in Libra) and had a stable happy childhood with loving parents who never once laid a finger on me:smile:
My father had a strong presence and personality though and he could be quite 'bossy'. That said the general atmosphere at home was loving, kind and supportive.

We did move countries when I was 6 though and had to start from scratch... that could be quite plutonian.

New Moon Libra

Hello New Moon Libra,

To answer your question I have Pluto in the 4th (in Libra) and had a stable happy childhood with loving parents who never once laid a finger on me:smile:
My father had a strong presence and personality though and he could be quite 'bossy'. That said the general atmosphere at home was loving, kind and supportive.

We did move countries when I was 6 though and had to start from scratch... that could be quite plutonian.

I’m so grateful that you shared this. My child is now 16 and things are going well, but I just can’t get over all the astrologers I run across who repeat the abuse and neglect expectations with Pluto!

New Moon Libra

In further research, I took to examine my family’s charts for this Pluto transit. If big changes are coming for me, they would also likely show in my partner and kids’ charts.

My husband had Pluto cross his IC a few years ago. Currently he has Pluto in his 4H in a grand cross: opposite moon in his 10H, T-square Uranus in 1H and Chiron in 7H. And he is having his Chiron opposition. Whoa nelly! A lot is happening at his job of 22 years. He didn’t get a promotion for which he is highly qualified. The position was handed off as a 1- year acting position to a transfer who didn’t interview, is REALLY not qualified, but is highly political. My husband is trying to manage his resentment fir his new boss while working to play politics better. He is considering leaving but there is another position opening up, and he’s working toward that. My two kids have Pluto making an impact in 5 years: one will have Pluto conjunct his sun while it goes over the descendant opposite ascendant of the other. My mother has Pluto on her sun in her 4H now. She’s 80 and is in good health but herself suddenly dealing with a great amount of resentment and anger toward her birth family and my sisters, who have treated her badly.

Pluto is within orb of my descendant (24 cap) and will be impacting most next year. Pluto is in my 3H natally and rules my 5H. What does all this tell me? For sure Pluto’s telling us all that changes are coming and it’s making us angry. LOL. I’m thinking I’ll likely experience the greatest changes in my life through my husband’s job change (higher status or a move) that changes our relationship and/or possibly through something my estranged siblings do. In 5 years, my children will be hit with something big, but they’ll be in their early 20s, so it may be part of the shift from school to professional life and just adulting.

I don’t see Pluto as dire exactly. I can look back and see the way it carved strength into me at times. I can also clearly see how it focuses my life as it travels through the houses. The last 10+ years in my 6H in Sag have been about health a fitness and I researched, lost a lot of weight, changed nutrition, and established a personal training business. Before that in 5H in Scorp my life revolved around my art and I published erotic stories and a novel. I’m heading into a period when personal relationships will likely be the focus of my life. At 55 years old, that seems right — my own philosophy has been evolving that way already. The most important thing to me is other people, particularly my family and knowing and loving each of them as the people they are becoming.

Last edited:

New Moon Libra

When I joined this thread months ago, I had taken only a cursory look at other family members’ charts. Since then, I discovered my husband’s is truly being overwhelmed by this transit. Events have bore this out.

He has Moon 22 Cancer 10H, Uranus 23 Libra 1H, Chiron 23 Aries 7H, and transiting Pluto/Saturn in his 4H having just passed over his Nadir last year. In January, transiting Pluto and Saturn conjunct in very near exact grand cross that includes Moon, Uranus, and Chiron. They have been within a few degrees orb for this past year.

My husband has been in his job for 22 years. His responsibilities have grown around him, so he has advanced to a fairly high but still middle management position in a hospital IT setting. He had two opportunities for promotions in a place and at a level that sees very little turnover. Both interview processes were exhaustive and exhausting and ultimately humiliating. He’s been candid that promotion is about ego and validation. He feels he’s become the scapegoat for the department’s bad reputation developed over the years under the last director who didn’t play the political game well.

His job is not immediately in jeopardy, but it’s been downsized, so we’re concerned. Now he’s looking at leaving but not enthusiastically. He’s a new moon cancer, so you can imagine he’s not one for change. I doubt he will ever leave on his own. I fear he’ll swallow his pride, seethe inside, and make himself seriously ill. Or he’ll hang on desperately and be laid off eventually. But he’s on a path driven by that midlife “last chance” mindset. I’m older and lived through mine already. It’s not something I can help him with, except to sit in the sideline and wait for the ultimate outcome. He supports our family with his income...mine is quite small.

The last six months have been this terribly humbling process for him and just fumbling for me trying to help in some way, and it doesn’t even culminate until January. I can’t imagine how much more difficult it can get, except something truly tragic. My descendant is 24 Capricorn, so it seems to me that my transit indicates the impact will bear the outcome of his. My mind is going places I’d rather it didn’t: financial ruin, deadly illness, a family loss? What a ride...

Last edited:

Petunia

I've had transiting Pluto conjunct my Descendant for about a year. It's been intense. I've actually had numerous intense outer planet transits the last few years and there looks to be no shortage of them on the horizon as well.

During this transit my grandfather has passed, my father was hospitalized for a month in icu, and I have had years of health concerns as Pluto made it's way through the 6th culminating with Pluto conjucting the Descendant.

Now that Pluto is starting in the 7th house, all of the foretold events are coming to pass regarding my relationships. They are transforming heavily and there's quite a bit of intensity surrounding the transformation. It's involving the closest people to me. My partnerships. They are simply not working as they used to. I am yearning for deeper connection and my current relationships cannot offer that to me. So there's been quite a bit of mostly internal drama regarding this but I'm sure the people close to me sense this.

*Does anyone want to share any experiences or insight regarding Pluto conjunct the Descendant or Pluto transiting the 7th?

(Interesting to note the upcoming Prog Moon opposing Natal Saturn while Transiting Saturn opposes Natal Moon!)

Thank you!

S1
Same transit here, foundations of long established relationships being shaken up, am trying not to decide hastily on anything, get the feeling that I could regret knee jerk reactions. Very tricky.

I've had transiting Pluto conjunct my Descendant for about a year. It's been intense. I've actually had numerous intense outer planet transits the last few years and there looks to be no shortage of them on the horizon as well.

During this transit my grandfather has passed, my father was hospitalized for a month in icu, and I have had years of health concerns as Pluto made it's way through the 6th culminating with Pluto conjucting the Descendant.

Now that Pluto is starting in the 7th house, all of the foretold events are coming to pass regarding my relationships. They are transforming heavily and there's quite a bit of intensity surrounding the transformation. It's involving the closest people to me. My partnerships. They are simply not working as they used to. I am yearning for deeper connection and my current relationships cannot offer that to me. So there's been quite a bit of mostly internal drama regarding this but I'm sure the people close to me sense this.

*Does anyone want to share any experiences or insight regarding Pluto conjunct the Descendant or Pluto transiting the 7th?

(Interesting to note the upcoming Prog Moon opposing Natal Saturn while Transiting Saturn opposes Natal Moon!)

Thank you!

S1

I have this transit exactly Conjunct the 22 degree Capricorn DC with a close friend of mine (we have a 22 degree Cancer ASC on our composite) and the energy is just completely different between us...honestly it’s hurtful because I feel like I want to connect and it’s not being reciprocated like it was. I’ve known her about a year and we got really close but this distance lately is upsetting. Its almost like its done a 180... we also have our Moon at 2 degrees 7H so technically a loose 10 degree conjunction to the Pluto/Saturn transit as well. So I will be following this thread as well💖

Fz hb

Hey everyone
I have been following this thread for a while. I have a few questions for those who are through with pluto - descendant conjunction.

Question1
Descendant means or represent others, and pluto there effects the kind of people we let in our lives. My question is does this change in the kind of people you meet effect your perception of your own self. does it offer you closure about things from the past? and I am not just asking about learning or reflection through partners, i am asking about everyone who has been close to your heart or had significant impact on your daily life.

Question2
what role did the natal ruler of the descendant play during this transit?

If you noticed anything specific, please share it. I am trying to keep an open mind as pluto is going to be in the exact conjunction with my descendant in two weeks. I dont want to be frightened of it, instead I want pluto to do what it is supposed to do to change whatever needs changing in my life and in my self.

aquafullmoon

I recently found this thread and wanted to contribute a little to it. Really only a little now, but possibly a lot more in the future lol.

Pluto will be transiting my natal SN (1 degree aqua), then my natal moon (2 degree aqua) and then my descendent (4 degree aqua) into my 7H.

Pluto will be about 2 degrees away from my SN by March of 2022, so a little less than a year from right now.

After that it's just looking like a long and interesting ride of fits and starts with my SN, my moon, and descendent.

In a 4-5 year period starting 2022, Pluto will go back and forth over my SN 3 times, my moon 4 times, and my descendent 2 times. I'm really curious what this is going to be like. In early 2026 Pluto finally stops dancing around my descendant and crosses over for good and continues on into my 7H.

I am somewhat new to astrology so I am not sure technically when I will start to feel the effects of the transits. My guess is once Pluto is less than 2 degree away from my SN early next year I will be feeling that, as well as perhaps with my moon a little? I don't know if I will be able to tell the effects apart though since they are both so close to each other.

I'm anxious to be honest. My natal Pluto is on my IC in my 4th house and there was a lot of pain and fear and abuse, both sexual and emotional, that happened before the age of 10. My relationship with my mother was very abusive and difficult for most of my life (I'm currently 40 years old) but the last few years it's improved significantly because of my own inner work around all of that. But with pluto transiting my moon and SN I anticipate things happening in that relationship possibly. I am not married or in a relationship at the moment so I am relieved that I don't have to worry about a marriage falling apart. I know I could get into a significant relationship within these next 4-5 years and it could effect that of course, but for now it's a little relief that it won't be a marriage dissolution (been there done that lol).

Most of my life has felt plutonian. I feel like doing inner work is a life theme for me, trying to unearth and understand core emotional wounds, repressed emotions and working to heal around the loss of power and sense of self in my childhood. I am not new to diving into pain. But because a lot of my life has already felt like a consistent interplay with that it's tough to swallow that i'm about to head into some big transits where that will likely be a big focus. Who knows, maybe this will be like the final boss.

I am looking back at Pluto moving through my 6H and seeing how it has transformed me multiple times around the work I do as well as getting healthier after going through some short health crisises. Im in a better place because of it. I'm using that as a reminder that whatever is coming is going to be worth it and I have a little time yet to prepare myself to surrender more if I can.

I plan on coming back here and updating how things are going as I move through the transits. I know this thread is strictly about Pluto and the desc. but I wanted to included the other stuff because they are all so close together for me. It was so great to find this thread and read about what others have experienced, so I want to be able to share the same.

Last edited:

Fz hb

Hi. here is an update.
Done with the three transits of Pluto over my descendant. Pluto is in 7th now.
Natally pluto is in 4th conjunct moon and venus, and rules 5th.

Since the conjunction is separating now here is an update.
All alone now, all by myself. My mother passed away as well. It was sudden. No Money left. Completely drained, choked, and exhausted by dealing with day to day blows. Some open enemies making my life miserable for last 18 months. One big narcissist is controlling everything in my life at the moment through money, social pressure, public humiliation and several other ways. Pluto's exit from 6th has left me with some more complicated health issues related to heart and other stuff (there is a whole thread on my health on this forum - thats the level of complexity). but somehow I am not affected by all of it as much as I used to be. I think pluto has really shown me how horrible life can be and having seen it over and over, I guess I am starting to learn to make peace with it.
I have always worked hard and prayed just to have peace in my life and be physically and mentally safe. I still didnt find any peace or safety. The good thing about this Pluto conjunct descendant is that I am learning to be at peace despite all the mess around me.
Hopefully once the aspect is completely separated, I will be able to look back on all of this as just another lesson.

ikigai_444

My Pluto has been sitting on my Descendent Capricorn 7th house cusp since January 2021. My 6th house transit was about huge transformation: I went from obese housewife to a champion masters bikini champion in a few years, but developed bulimia in 2018 due to a toxic connection that started in 2017. I'm now 3 years recovered but the connection gave me PTSD due to the gaslighing, infidelity, manipulation etc. I stopped competing in 2019. I also gradually lost all contact with my only son due to this connection as well. I have been trauma bonded. Since studying Pluto transits deeper I see an end in sight with Pluto finally turning direct it will move forward from 14 October onwards. I have been in therapy for 5 months and we are healing my childhood wounds that caused me to be attracted to dangerous narcissist psychopaths (had 3 of them 2012, 2013-14, 2017-now). I have been incredibly naive, childlike, gullible, trusting and had massive fear of abandonment which made me tolerate the emotional/mental abuse/cheating. I have been intensly studying psychology and astrology and starting to provide astro-therapy to people who approach me. I feel in this experience I have died and reborn many times over. By far the most difficult transit as it's also coincided with my Chiron return this year. One thing is for certain: I will never relate the same way to anyone ever again. I found my power, voice, and reclaimed my identity in this process. My inner child is fully loved and healed by me and is coming into her full power.

Last edited: