Will I Get The Account Executive Role?

Arturia

Hi, there!

I don't know too much about horary, but I'm willing to attempt to tackle this. Since I'm an amateur, there may be some incorrect observations. Hopefully, one of the more experienced practitioners may be able to come along and correct me if that happens. With that said, here are my thoughts on this:

We have a situation where both the querent and the quesited (career) have the same ruling planet: Mercury. If I understand what I've researched correctly, there is some suggestion that this doesn't really work well. So, we will have to either find a planet in the first house to represent you or the Moon will have to do the job.

Looking to the first house, we see there are no planets. Therefore, the Moon will have to be you in the chart.

Having established that, let me first look to the significator of the quesited. Judging from aspects, dignity and motion, it appears as if this job is pretty promising. Mercury is in its own terms and is strengthened by its conjunction with a very dignified Sun. I believe that Mercury is cazimi, so it's not suffering combustion or being under the beams. In the sign of Aries, it can show the job's nature: it is salary/commission based, which suggests it would be competitive and where you would have to fight for your money. Commissions would be based on how well you can perform. The only difficult aspect to Mercury appears to be from Pluto, but I'm not really including the outer planets in this. To keep it simple, I'm sticking to traditional rulers at this time.

Now let's look to you. It appears as if the Moon is making an aspect to Mercury: a trine! On the surface, this seems promising as a requirement for success seems to be fulfilled: the two significators are making contact. But, of course, a single aspect a success does not guarantee! We will want to look at the condition of the Moon.

Its place in Sagittarius offers it no essential dignity, rendering it peregrine. It does, however, gain accidental dignity by being angular in the fourth house. In terms of representing you and your mind set, this shows your willingness to take action. In the sign of Sagittarius, this may show your desire to expand beyond your current place--to branch out into broader horizons. Given the Moon's condition, however, I caution that, while you want to take action, you may not be adequately equipped to accept or do the job.

I would deem its peregrine nature as ineffectual. You may just not be quite ready to take a step like this. Added to that, the quesited in the eighth house can show that it may be something which scares you (which you also mentioned being in your own post). Anything in the eighth house tends to show us those things which we have fears or doubts about. Aries there may show a battlefield where you may also compete with other co-workers, if it's that sort of job.

My judgment is that, while the job seems to be very appealing, I don't think you would take to it well, should it be offered to you. The subpar condition of the Moon seems to tell me that you are not a fit for the job. Its angular position in Sagittarius comes across to me in this context as attempting to extend one's self beyond what one is capable of handling--in other words, overdoing it.

I don't believe the Moon will make any other aspect in its current sign. As it is, its trine to the configuration in Aries is separating--a waning affect. Once it moves beyond Sagittarius, it will continue into Capricorn, where it'll possibly form a square with that same configuration. This may perhaps suggest friction in the future? I don't know.

As I said, I'm just a beginner and these are my two cents. You have the free will to act in whatever capacity you choose. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best! Keep us up to date. :)

IleneK

Premium Member
You/Moon are Void of Course and also there is no applying aspect between you/Moon and the job/Mercury. I do not see your getting the job.

rafaella

I'm undecided about this chart. Mercury cazimi, is sitting in the throne next to the King (Sun). And the King is very happy here, exalted.This could work. Mercury here gains lots of power.

Moon in Sagittarius is not as affected by being Void and last aspect is still in effect many times. The only issue is Moon in detriment of Mercury. Will this job suit you? Will you like it, that's the question.

And just a suggestion - its best to ask horary after your interview, as any negative responses here will be in the back of your mind during your interview and will come into play psychologically. You may not get the job because in your mind you are already feeling 'defeated'...

rafaella

I went to my 2nd interview yesterday. I think it went relatively well. I spoke with the girl who initially interview me first and she said the next steps would be to bring me back for a 3rd and final interview. :tongue: It's looking like I might have got this position in the bag..

Yesterday, even one of the one of the members that I interviewed with told me it was only between me and one other person. So I'm not really sure what will happen here.

So did you get this job?

Hello Everyone,

I'm want to know if I'll get this Account Executive role. It's for a staffing agency and I'd be working in their Legal division. I think it may be a good fit for me because my background was previously legal and now I'm currently doing HR work. I had my first interview yesterday, it went great and I've got a second interview on Wednesday. I was told this role will be a base salary, then commission. This makes me nervous because I've never done a salary/commission type of role, but I think it might be good for me, and I could make a lot of money. I want to know if you think I'll get this job? More importantly will I be successful at this?

I noticed I'm (Mercury) in the 8th house. The Sun is exalted and Uranus are both positioned in the 8th house. I think this means I'll get the position. The 8th represents transformation. I'm currently working in HR but will be changing job titles/industry and my current job position. This is all kinda scary for me but still exciting at the same time. Also, because Uranus is positioned in the 8th house, does this mean I'll make more money? Please let me know your thoughts. :kissing:

attachment.php

Good evening, lovely tune...

Using the modern rules of horary astrology, Mercury rules the Virgo ascendant, (you, the querent) and Virgo is the natural sign of employment.
but there is no definitive answer, either way, using those modern rules.

The 6th house is the house of employment, and Saturn, its ruler, falls into the 3rd house of Sales. Therefore, the modern rules are corroborating the actual position in question.

Mercury in Aries's only noteworthy aspect is a rather close cazimi aspect with the Sun in Aries, a sign of its exaltation, and found in the 8th house.

Therefore, Mercury is accidentally dignified, here. However, is it strong enough for you to get the job ?

Since there is no connection with Mercury and Saturn in this chart, the short answer is that you will not get the job.

But it also depends on whether you think cazimi weakens or the Sun strengthens ?

That is the million dollar question...

I am not sure myself. I will simply withdraw, saying I don't know !

The Moon is Sagittarius makes a past trine to Mercury. Although we do not normally factor in PAST Moon aspects, I have seen other querent's land work with that aspect, even though it is a past, separating aspect ?

Therefore, I do think that you have a reasonable shot at this, in spite of everything else going on.

Having said all this, the outcome is not going to be favorable for you, financially, I predict, if you do decide to take the job.

The reason is that the radix Moon eventually forms a quincunx (150 Degree) aspect with Venus in late Taurus, the ruler of your 2nd house of finances.

Furthermore, Venus is conjunct the Plaedies, a malevolent fixed star at 29 degree Taurus.

The quincunx is never a happy ending in horary work ! It always signifies adjustments and a serious alteration of one's original goals.

Good luck to you, and let us know how the final interview goes.

p.s. I would let any of this get to you. By all means, get the job and then see what happens.

cheers,

- HM

Last edited:
However, my only reservation with this role is that my base salary would be low $60k (plus commission) :andy: I honestly don't think I could live off $60k, because I live in San Francisco

Hello,

You have unrealistic expectations of this sales position, which if not seriously adjusted or remedied, will lead to a bad experience for you.

Professional sales is my previous career, I was a member of the "million dollar club" at the last full time job that I had.

In sales, the base salary or wage is just to pay your bills while you learn the job and learn how to sell.

The main attraction in sales is the commissions that you will earn that will far supercede your salary.

Once employed, they should be training you on how to sell, along with professional closing techniques.

Once you learn these techniques, then you can make a very good living.

But, what I am hearing from you is disturbing. You claim that the starting wage is not good enough for you, is that a tactic admission that you can't even sell ?

LOL

You know, Ms. Lovely, maybe you need to develop a much more positive approach to your new career.

Sales requires enthusiasm and a positive approach.

On the other hand, you seem to be having problems getting along with people and in sales, you have to have smooth relations with others.

Are you willing to forget the past and move ahead with your career life ?

That is the real question, here !

What I see, here, is "emotional baggage" from the past, continuing to interfere in your life success...

Until you deal with that aspect of yourself, all the horary tea in china ain't gonna fix the real problem...

good luck to you,

HM

ps. You think San Francisco is expensive to live in, true. have you tried Vancouver, Canada, where the average home costs ONE MILLION BUCKS to buy !

For one million bucks, you will get an average house, for 800,000 k, you will get a small house, a SHACK !

So, the cost of living is MUCH higher where I live that down in the good ole USA, are u aware of that ?

Unfortunately, we live in a CRUEL world where the wealthy are getting wealthier on the backs of the middle class and poor, and if this continues, we will eventually return to the days of medieval France, where the poor had to boil and eat grass to stay alive, while the King and Queen said: "mangez la marde" or let them eat cake, LOL

Fortunately. the people eventually stormed the Bastille, which ended when the royal family got executed by the guilluitine ? LOL

Therefore, this question: are you gonna boil and eat grass, for your future, or eat fois gras and caviar, like King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette ? LOL

Last edited: