Should I apply for this internal role?

LostinPhilly

Hi everyone,

I found an internal role I'm perfectly qualified for (as in, I tick all the boxes). The role was posted earlier this week and I have my application ready. This role would be an upwards move after being stuck at junior level for close to 7 years now. It's an area I have a strong interest in and have been aiming to move into for a while now. I think I am slightly overqualified for my current role.

Additionally, my current team is undergoing some drastic changes to the point where 1/3 of our responsibilities are shifted to another sub-team, thus leaving us with the menial tasks only. The team is expanding rapidly to the point where I think it really limits opportunities for progression as everyone is getting hired at the same level.

I don't know if applying to the role would however result in a positive outcome as I also don't want my application to impact the relationship I have with my current managers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

astro-2gw-should-i-apply-for-this-internal-role-hr-38004-12734.png

IleneK

Premium Member
You are Mars.
The next/other job, (2nd from the 10th or the 11th ) is ruled by Merc.

As Merc separates from Mars, they do not aspect. So I don’t see the other role being offered to you. But also, based on reception from you/Mars to the other job/Merc, you will not like it.

LostinPhilly

You are Mars.
The next/other job, (2nd from the 10th or the 11th ) is ruled by Merc.

As Merc separates from Mars, they do not aspect. So I don’t see the other role being offered to you. But also, based on reception from you/Mars to the other job/Merc, you will not like it.

Thanks a lot, Ilene! Appreciate the insights.

Yes, it rings true. I read the job description again shortly after my last post and I've been having doubts as to whether I will actually like this job. While it has some interesting aspects, it misses the financial / numerical aspects I actually enjoy in my current role. I'm thinking of postponing any internal or external move to after 2021. I'm not sensing like this is the most appropriate time right now.

Last edited: