4230f47a4e7890f9fe3322e940332260.jpg

JUPITERASC

The ObamaGate movie is a verbatim play

The film’s script is unusual in that it is completely verbatim
and consists of the text messages, declassified files
congressional and court transcripts, tweets
and statements of top government and FBI officials. :smile:

And it also features the embarrassing and conspiratorial text messages
of “FBI Lovebirds” Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.
Obamagate also features appearances by James Comey
and the Obama CIA Chief James Brennan
and their cringeworthy tweets read aloud.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqi5Cv4OFJg

CapAquaPis

Best.AW.forum.post.ever.

Starting with my rising sign in year 0 (Cancer+Cancer), I'm in year 40 of my life (Libra+Sagittarius with a "midpoint" Scorpio) and 2020 is the most epic year I experienced, the pandemic and personal or financial issues.

This isn't the end, it's the beginning...my life is having a total solar eclipse.

CapAquaPis

Dodgers won game 1 last night, 8-3...and now they're down in the mid 5th scoreless vs the Rays in game 2. Randy Arozarena of the Rays made 7 HRs in the postseason, which is something the Dodgers are prepared for. This is the LA Dodgers' 3rd series appearance in 4 years and they hadn't won a world series title since 1988, and their famous world series victory over the Yankees in 1981 is well remembered, starring the Mexican phenom Fernando-mania Valenzuela.

JUPITERASC

JUPITERASC

05-10-2020, 11:40 PM
sworm09
user_offline.gif

The Importance of Testimonies in Traditional Astrology
Just something that I've been thinking about lately, but something that I believe is absolutely essential to getting astrology to "work".

Astrology isn't like most things one studies. It's vague and at times outright contradictory. You read a traditional text which tells you what to look for, you apply it to a chart and all too often it falls flat. On the other end of the spectrum, sometimes we're too eager to see astrology work, so we cherry pick things in the chart that stick out to us.

I think our biggest hurdle is finding a middle ground between swimming in contradictions and cherry picking things to satisfy our biases. I think this quote from Abu Ali is as close to a magic bullet as we can get. This is from the Ben Dykes translation in Persian Nativities 1:

Quote:
In whatever is signified, this must chiefly be noted: if it has only one testimony, it is routine; if two, it will be stronger, if three complete, only if the Lords themselves or the significators are strong and not impeded.
Focusing on the first part of the quote, I think the idea of collecting testimonies is essential to not fooling yourself. Seeing something over and over and over again in different ways. Let's say someone has Mercury in Leo and the Lord of their Ascendant in Pisces. Are they fixed and resolute or fickle and constantly changing? Let's say they also have the Moon in the Ascendant, very close to an angle and opposite Mars. Since all pertain to changeability, we would deviate to the latter interpretation. But what if they instead have Saturn rising in a fixed sign conjunct Jupiter? Then we'd go for the former interpretation, modifying it and saying they stick to their word and can generally be trusted.

This is where all manner of bounds, decans, fixed stars, 12th Parts, and Lots can really come in handy and begin to shine. Let's say a person has Saturn in Aries in the 2nd house (a sign of financial troubles), but also has Jupiter ruling the Asc and Lot of Fortune, conjunct an angle while being in the bound of Venus and conjunct a benefic fixed star. That's way more positive testimonies than that one Saturn testimony.

I'm rambling at this point and I know I'm not saying anything new, but I think it's important to keep this in mind when delineating any chart or when learning traditional astrology in general. All too often people will see that they have a "bad placement" and freak out, ignoring the fact that one indicator doesn't really mean much. For other people (like me), they treat this like a hard empirical science with strictly binding conditional statements (If you see x, then y), which ignores the compositional nature of astrology. For some people this is obvious, but it definitely is an underlying assumption in traditional texts that often goes unspoken. Speaking from experience and long hours of frustration, learning this quickly will save you a lot of trouble.

Unless one is content with generalities
which are fun, but unreliable :smile:
then posting a chart is the way to gain answers regarding testimonies
because
Planetary testimonies vary
dependent on
for example
- whether chart is nocturnal or diurnal
- as well as dignity/debility of the planet in question
- House location of the planet in question
- Whether or not other bodies are with the planet in question
- The aspects of the planet in question