Difficulty figuring out financial part of natal chart

mpalardy

Hello all. I was hoping someone could offer their opinion on what's going on here. I'm trying to figure out what my enclosed natal chart might say about my finances. I understand the 2nd house is the place to look. Quite a few planets there--Mars and Jupiter in conjunction, and also Saturn--and its cusp is in Virgo. Now to have Jupiter and Saturn in the same house and sign is part of what is confusing me; don't these planets often have opposite effects?

To make it more complicated, I understand that aspects and house rulers should also be considered. OK, Mercury (through Virgo) rules the 2nd house. I suppose I should look at the opposite 8th house as well, ruled by Neptune (through Pisces). To make it stranger, both of these planets are in my 5th house, in Sagittarius, and in conjunction. And to make it yet weirder, they square my 2nd house Saturn, with Neptune also squaring my Mars! Mars and Jupiter both square my Moon but trine my Sun.

So I've looked through books and manuals, but I'm rather bewildered as how to interpret this unusual configuration. Any insight into this anyone could provide would be most helpful and appreciated.

Attachments

• astrochart painted.GIF
    astrochart painted.GIF
    47.1 KB · Views: 19

mpalardy

I should add also that I was informed to look at my Midheaven, which is in Taurus. Well, that too trines my 2nd house Mars and Jupiter, as well as 2nd house ruler Mercury (5th house, Sagittarius) and my Sun (5th house, Capricorn). These seem like very favourable aspects, though midheaven is squared by my Venus near the descendant (7th house, Aquarius), which is the ruler of Taurus.

So the more I try to figure this out, the more complicated it seems to become. Part of what has me very interested now is, with all the planets recently in my 9th house, I've decided to go afield to finish some various academic degrees, and thus to progress my career (perhaps to marry, but that will take about a year). Jupiter will be conjunct with natal midheaven later this year, and thus making all of those beneficial aspects to my natal planets. However, while all that is ongoing, I'm a little worried about Saturn conjunct natal Pluto in the 3rd house this fall. Pardon, a little worried? In fact I'm downright fearful. Will the more pleasant Jupiter transits mitigate this, or will Saturn conjoining Pluto blight the Jovian aspects?

Why I ask about money is, as I'm sure you all know, study doesn't come cheap these days. Fearful of my financial situation, I think it wise to bear these transits in mind and also to try to get a better sense of my natal chart in this regard, to see if a better understanding thereof might help me come to grips with my money and career matters better.

Again, I thank anyone who can help me with this.

anny

Uhuuu... you have your Venus on my DC, Mars exactly on my Mars, plus I have also Gemini Moon in11th! :biggrin:

I like your chart! :biggrin:

About your financial situation. What get`s straightly my attention is your Venus on DC exact quincunx to JU and trine to MO. Your natural charm and ability to co-operate with others (VE on DC) is financially very helpful. You may be well-known for your career, or be very popular person (MC ruler cnj DC). Somebody who`s career involves giving advice, be seen publicly or to deal with contracts (7th house).

2nd house ruler in Sagittarius cnj Neptune is good sign, because brings the luck into financial matters. Usually this kind of people aren`t so much into getting wealthy, but can also enjoy the simple part of life. Your ME in cnj with NE can give you dreams of becoming exaggeratively rich, but to make it real.. may take a lot of hard work (square with SA) and in order you have to have some specific skills (SA in VI, SA rules 6th). Earning money isn`t that easy for you (2nd house ruler has only inharmonious aspects). Having 3 planets in Virgo in 2nd means you may worry a lot about money. Jupiter may make you extremely careful about spending money, Mars may make you very hard working to achieve your financial goals and Saturn may make you again very serious about these things. Financial things are your karma lesson (SA in 2nd), you have to learn what is useful and what is not. How much it is practical to have and how much is already too much. But luckily JU-MA have trine with your SU. So hard working in the 5th house realms can help you out.

What do you study? Are you male or female?

mpalardy

Anny, thanks for posting. I think I'd like your chart, too! This is very elucidating. To answer your final questions, I study literature and I am a man.

And you are absolutely right that I worry about money quite a bit! Thus my concern about forking over so much money for a degree (true to my Saturn). With me, it's often feast or famine--particularly considering that I've had little in the way of a (remunerative) career to speak of up to this point, merely a series of often stressful and generally non-beneficial "jobs," that I tend not to last very long at. You're correct in that wealth tends not to be my aim, but rather a modest yet tasteful life--thus the humanities and not business or a profession. I'm a private instructor now and would like to progress to a more stable and permanent position (something not necessarily very public per se, but rather interpersonal). I know specific skills are in order, but, being quite disinclined to the sciences and technology, I wonder exactly how specific the ability to communicate my enthusiasm for the written word is--and how others will value my calling and contributions.

It is indeed this worry that has me concerned about my upcoming transits. My Saturn return hit me hard in the pocket, and it is indeed the aftereffects of that that propel me to try to build myself a more permanent house. Likewise, I also understand that solar Capricorn men are often later launchers. I know I haven't quite been comfortable in my own skin until these last few years as it is. Anyway, I'm building that house, metaphorically speaking, now, and the transits of Jove and Saturn are giving me pause here. You mention hard work in the 5th house realms. That certainly softens my saturnine persona. Indeed, I am a writer. Would that I could make a comfortable living doing so! That, coupled with my Leo Ascendant, certainly makes me a very entertaining and dramatic teacher, my students inform me. But as I go forward, I want to make certain that a sudden "strong wind," so to speak, won't reduce my effort do naught.

So do you, Anny, or does anyone, have any words of wisdom to offer about these transits later this year?