synastry & divorce

Just my personal opinions and general guidelines only then...

When looking at mens chart to see what type of woman they will be attraced to look at Moon & Venus.

When looking at womens charts to see what type of man they will be attraced to look at Sun & Mars.
Always look at planets in the 7th house and the sign ruling that house......

Classic Divorce aspects Uranus, conjunct, square, opposite. Uranus in 7th &5th House. All indicate issues to do with Freedom independance and shocks and surprises.
Other indicators are Sun square Uranus (usually means impatience) Moon square Uranus, usually means break with mother and women

Also Mutable sign on Ascendant, Virgo, Sagittarius, Gemini, Pisces. Also Moon in Mutable sign means they are capable of loving two people at same time.....

Venus show were and how you get pleasure in your life and in what sign and house is important
Venus in air signs – does not want to be possessed. Libra is tease; Gemini is flirtatious and Aquarius wants friendship
Venus in fire signs – uses power of attraction. Aries direct & to point; Leo very sociable but needs to be proud of partner, vivacious/colourful; Sagittarius late for settling down, needs lot freedom
Venus in water – Scorpio either very passionate or celebrate; Pisces is romantic wants to sacrifice the self to partner; Cancer will cling to love ‘to death do you part’ easily hurt & can be manipulative
Venus in earth – Taurus only 1 amour at time wined/dined; Virgo can nag, have hang ups & wants to know ‘have you had a wash first’; Capricorn wants status, emotional/ financial security & is romantically rather selective

Finally, Transiting Saturn and Uranus will break relationships. Saturn WILL rebuild but wont be same. Uranus wont rebuild
Also Saturn will break friendships, if aspects Saturn Venus or Moon will feel unloved, short of money and will want to withdraw.

In both sexes, Mars shows how you express your masculinity.
It thus determines to some extent whether you fit the male or female stereotypes of your culture, including what sort of lover you are

There are loads of books avail, but just the basics then. Sun Moon Venus Mars Jupiter Asc Desc North Node are all very important contacts. If any of these are good ie; easy aspects, ie; conjuncts, sextile, trine. Challenges are square 90' 180' 150'

North Node is very important contact conjunct any of the personal planets, Asc, Desc. Look in Solar return chart for North Node conj Asc cos that year someone important will come into your life and affect you personally......

Ascendant signs play an important factor in attraction, chemistry, lust. The Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and the mask and persona that we all wear for protection, but not what's going on underneath, thats your Sun sign, your values, core beliefs and pride.

Does your partners planets fall in your 5th lovers, 7th partners,marriage house or 8th (of sex) Where does your partners planets fall in your house.
Main problem here is people dont actually know their time of birth which is extremely important cos otherwise you are only getting half the story.....

Anybody else got any titbits not already mentioned, pls feel free to contribute..

Last edited:
You could have the best synastry in the world, but unless you have good communications, are honest with each other about your needs, wishes and desires and 'both' of you want the same things...........then nothing will happen. It cannot make anyone change, or love you more. Some challenging squares, oppositions in synastry can be healthy, and may require one or both of you to grow in some way.

I am of the belief that people come in and out of our lives for a reason, either we have to teach them something or we have to learn something from them. There is Always an exchange, good or bad.

Good luck with your journey

smilingsteph

That was some really great information. I appreciate that you put this up here, I think it will help newbies and those in question of their relationships. I do agree that one can have a good relationship and have these aspects, but only if the lines of communication are open; communicating either by touch, words, or writing.
I think by having knowledge of these aspects one can work on where the synastry is weak.

archergirl

Of course, there's always the chance that someone will look at a 'bad' synastry chart and scupper a perfectly good potential relationship because it doesn't fit with what they think a synastry chart 'should' look like. :rolleyes:

My synastry chart with Mr. Archergirl is in theory disastrous: nothing but oppositions: Sun opposition, Venus opposition, Mars opposition, Saturns conjunct one another's North Nodes; Mercury opposite Moon, etc. etc. The only redeeming factor is that my Sun sits on his DSC. Yet we've been married for fourteen years, and they haven't all been miserable years, either! He's had Pluto going through his 7th house; I've had Uranus transiting my first...and yet we're still together, and stronger than ever. The relationship is a very 'growthful' one, and surprisingly stable despite the outward appearance of chaos.

The love of my life, on the other hand, had a 'perfect' synastry chart with me: Venus trines, Sun trines, my Moon conjunct his Sun, etc. etc....and yet it was a relationship that went nowhere and did nothing much. Sometimes what people think they want isn't what they need.

Just a word of caution to people to look at the person in front of them, and not just what the symbols in a chart say.;)

AG:)

Last edited:

cassanra

Good observations....
curious though....so you don't go for synastry? after all that contradictory info do you see where it might fit at all? or some things are clues?

archergirl

I think synastry has its place, but I don't think it should make or break a relationship; as I explained on another thread, synastry provides good bone structure but it really is up to the individuals involved: their beliefs, their upbringings, their physical chemistry (pheromones and hormones) that will shape the relationship and the people's experiences of it.

In the case of Mr. Archergirl, the oppositions have definitely influenced the relationship:- it was a very challenging relationship for many years, and never boring - but we are fourteen years older than we were when we met, and our mutual and individual experiences in the ensuing years have ironed out a lot of the difficulties inherent in a relationship with so many oppositions involved. No-one, least of all me, thought the relationship would last beyond a couple of years, but here we are with no sign of stopping yet. Having kids helps, and you'd never guess from looking at either of our charts that we'd have kids, either together or separate. Not everything can be predicted using a chart, I don't think. Too much is down to Free Will.

I'm just saying that people need to be very careful to not presuppose that a relationship is going to be good or bad, forever or a one-night-stand, based solely on what a chart says. I'm campaigning for common sense here. :)

AG:)

I think common sense is a great attribute to have, but when people's feelings are involved sometimes it's hard to see the wood for the trees and people do become desperate for some reason.

Certain signs like Libra find it very hard to be without a partner, cos they think having a partner will help 'balance them out' somehow. Some people marry for money and security. This is just my contribution to give some guidance or bare bones concerning synastry

Like I said earlier, I'm a very spiritual person;)

"You could have the best synastry in the world, but unless you have good communications, are honest with each other about your needs, wishes and desires and 'both' of you want the same things...........then nothing will happen. It cannot make anyone change, or love you more. Some challenging squares, oppositions in synastry can be healthy, and may require one or both of you to grow in some way.

I am of the belief that people come in and out of our lives for a reason, either we have to teach them something or we have to learn something from them. There is Always an exchange, good or bad."

wilsontc

Staff member
look at each person's chart, to archer

archer,

You said:
archergirl said:
I think synastry has its place, but I don't think it should make or break a relationship; as I explained on another thread, synastry provides good bone structure but it really is up to the individuals involved

This is a great point and one reason why it helps to first look at each person's birth chart. Some people want challenges in their life and in their relationships. Some people only want "smooth sailing". Once you understand what each person wants, then you can look at the synastry chart to see if it will give each person in the relationship the things that they look for in relationships.

Relating personally,

Tim

iwonder

astrologer50 said:
North Node is very important contact conjunct any of the personal planets, Asc, Desc. Look in Solar return chart for North Node conj Asc cos that year someone important will come into your life and affect you personally......

Out of curiosity (I just began looking into SRs) I looked at my SR for the year I met my husband. Wow! SR North Node conjunct my natal Asc - in the 5th house.

iwonder said:
Out of curiosity (I just began looking into SRs) I looked at my SR for the year I met my husband. Wow! SR North Node conjunct my natal Asc - in the 5th house.

Thanks that's just great. I don't profess to be the absolute expert, but since this is a learning site, just thought I'd post what I know in the hope that others would contribute what has worked or not worked for them.

:D

yoyoyoyo

astrologer50 said:

When looking at mens chart to see what type of woman they will be attraced to look at Moon & Venus.

When looking at womens charts to see what type of man they will be attraced to look at Sun & Mars.
Always look at planets in the 7th house and the sign ruling that house......

Classic Divorce aspects Uranus, conjunct, square, opposite. Uranus in 7th &5th House. All indicate issues to do with Freedom independance and shocks and surprises.
Other indicators are Sun square Uranus (usually means impatience) Moon square Uranus, usually means break with mother and women

Also Mutable sign on Ascendant, Virgo, Sagittarius, Gemini, Pisces. Also Moon in Mutable sign means they are capable of loving two people at same time.....

Venus show were and how you get pleasure in your life and in what sign and house is important
Venus in air signs – does not want to be possessed. Libra is tease; Gemini is flirtatious and Aquarius wants friendship
Venus in fire signs – uses power of attraction. Aries direct & to point; Leo very sociable but needs to be proud of partner, vivacious/colourful; Sagittarius late for settling down, needs lot freedom
Venus in water – Scorpio either very passionate or celebrate; Pisces is romantic wants to sacrifice the self to partner; Cancer will cling to love ‘to death do you part’ easily hurt & can be manipulative
Venus in earth – Taurus only 1 amour at time wined/dined; Virgo can nag, have hang ups & wants to know ‘have you had a wash first’; Capricorn wants status, emotional/ financial security & is romantically rather selective

Finally, Transiting Saturn and Uranus will break relationships. Saturn WILL rebuild but wont be same. Uranus wont rebuild
Also Saturn will break friendships, if aspects Saturn Venus or Moon will feel unloved, short of money and will want to withdraw.

It thus determines to some extent whether you fit the male or female stereotypes of your culture, including what sort of lover you are

There are loads of books avail, but just the basics then. Sun Moon Venus Mars Jupiter Asc Desc North Node are all very important contacts. If any of these are good ie; easy aspects, ie; conjuncts, sextile, trine. Challenges are square 90' 180' 150'

Ascendant signs play an important factor in attraction, chemistry, lust. The Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and the mask and persona that we all wear for protection, but not what's going on underneath, thats your Sun sign, your values, core beliefs and pride.

Does your partners planets fall in your 5th lovers, 7th partners,marriage house or 8th (of sex) Where does your partners planets fall in your house.
Main problem here is people dont actually know their time of birth which is extremely important cos otherwise you are only getting half the story.....

Anybody else got any titbits not already mentioned, pls feel free to contribute..
Please can you help, can you give me the answer what to do? Will he get divorce or not? Will we be together? Will we have children together?

Neptune Rising

Look in Solar return chart for North Node conj Asc cos that year someone important will come into your life and affect you personally......

Hi, is it the same effect if Solar return Asc conjunct natal North Node?

This happened in my Solar return for 2008. The SR Ascendant conjunct natal Ascendant, and North Node is at my Ascendant.

Thanks

normak

WOW :eek: I checked my current boyfriend's solar return for 2007/2008 (when we started dating) and the solar return NN was conjunct his ascendant and his natal NN was conjunct the solar return's venus! Seems pretty significant to me. :p

misskitty

I have found this very much to be true. I have read the book "Sextrology" cover to cover, and after reviewing my past sexual relationships, I realized that the KEY to determining what a man will be like in bed is to go by the Mars sign. Hands down. In almost every case my past partner did not fit their Sun sign well at all, but after reading the Mars sign I thought "Yep! That's him!!" I can't comment about women because, well, I don't have experience there. :p But it seems to be true for the men. Read the Mars sign for sexual temperment.

smilingsteph

misskitty said:

I have found this very much to be true. I have read the book "Sextrology" cover to cover, and after reviewing my past sexual relationships, I realized that the KEY to determining what a man will be like in bed is to go by the Mars sign. Hands down. In almost every case my past partner did not fit their Sun sign well at all, but after reading the Mars sign I thought "Yep! That's him!!" I can't comment about women because, well, I don't have experience there. :p But it seems to be true for the men. Read the Mars sign for sexual temperment.

Hey I have actually gone through that book a little myself. It seemed pretty basic, however pretty right on too...
I think that innately the basics of human function are pretty simple, mars gives the basics for how the male side of sexuality will function, then you can throw in other aspects to see how it gets flavored by say pluto's influence. I am going to look into that book again...

Multiple marriages may occur when the Moon or Venus in a male are in Gemini, Sagittarius, and Pisces, especially when they are in aspect to other bodies in mutual signs, and when Uranus is in aspect to Venus.

In a female chart, more than one marriage may take place if the Sun or Mars are in Gemini, Sagittarius or Pisces, especially if they are in aspect to other bodies in mutable signs, and when Venus is in aspect to Uranus.

A double‑bodied sign on the seventh cusp may indicate more than one marriage and several planets in the seventh house can sometimes indicate the number of partners.

:cool:

dreamtimez

Everything seems to change when you have to deal with a Venus that is Rx ... will a man having a Rx Venus be attracted to same things as a man with a Venus that is going direct ? :whistling: I wonder ...

Everything seems to change when you have to deal with a Venus that is Rx ... will a man having a Rx Venus be attracted to same things as a man with a Venus that is going direct ? :whistling: I wonder ...

Obviously the emtoinal romantic nature will be hard to express (come out) when retrograde,but again it's all about aspects. If it's square saturn that could be really hard cos this person prob felt unloved from childhood and maybe feels they don't deserve love and don't try as hard. If conj mars or Jupiter, no probs :cool: