Premium Member
Hi Monk :smile:

3381f1154d3865f159d23305f4368f15.jpg

297d4381b05ac8b52899a4b0268d2436.jpg

Thanks! 😄

Opal

Premium Member
So to return to "The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown"
Opus Dei was part of the plot that originated on 2nd October 1928, when it is alleged that Jose Maria Escriva de Balaguer had a vision in Madrid, Spain.
Whatever the reason that this date was chosen, we find Egyptian paran alignments, as Sun rose at location, Sirius was culminating.
Link and astronomy graph below:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_Dei

I thank you for making me consider the parans. It was something I had not spent much time reading. They are important.

I have tried to read on Opus Dei before. I couldn’t. It irritated me. Not sure why, but I stopped reading about them, because something bugged me, I think it had something to do with women in the Order. It was a while ago, not quite sure.

Monk

Premium Member
I remember a debate we had some time back about J.C., obviously heated debate with some members, i think i came into debate late on page ten, i know some members won't like that this thread has been resurrected.
I know Jup secretly likes to be the ringmaster with puns (dry sense of humour), but it is an interesting thread.
I think i was drunk through most of it, or i was on too much morphine, LOL!
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68443&highlight=jesus+christ+exist&page=10

JUPITERASC

I remember a debate we had some time back about J.C., obviously heated debate with some members, i think i came into debate late on page ten, i know some members won't like that this thread has been resurrected.
I know Jup secretly likes to be the ringmaster with puns (dry sense of humour), but it is an interesting thread.
I think i was drunk through most of it, or i was on too much morphine, LOL!

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68443&highlight=jesus+christ+exist&page=10
DEPARTMENT OF ANCIENT HISTORY

Hi Jup,

I'm very interested in Dr. Farr's comments that you quoted at the top of the page, indeed if i could walk and travel well i would be in Amsterdam, spending time at the Ritman Library, also called Bibliotheca Philosophica Hermetica, link below:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibliotheca_Philosophica_Hermetica

Probably a good place to go for hermetic electional astrology.

Hermes Trismegistus sounds obscure
but at one time almost took over the Christian faith
if you ever visit Italy, you can see him in the mosaic floor inside the Cathedral of Siena!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermes_Trismegistus
Ancient Hellenisitc practicing astrologer Vettius Valens wrote THE ANTHOLOGY
two thousand years ago in ancient Greek
Valens notes one of his sources as "Hermes Trismegistus" and another as "Petosiris" :smile:
clearly an hermetic allusion
free pdf translated by Professor Riley of CSU
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/vettius%20valens%20entire.pdf

so Monk, dr. farr provides us with much food for thought
when he mentions - and I quote:

Your comment (a worthy one regarding investigating symbolic analogies between the NT and astrology)
reminds me of certain esoteric associations of Jesus with Hermes (Thoth)
Jesus said, "I am the First and the Last...no one comes to the Father except through Me"
forcefully makes me think of Mercury and its orbit: Mercury is the first planet away from the Sun (Sun = "the Father")
and the last planet before the Sun; nothing "comes to" the Sun unless it first crosses the orbital path of Mercury....
However, we are off topic taking this further, on this particular thread...
I'm the OP - dr. farr is most definitely on topic for the debate concerning these ancient conundrums

Thoth1.jpg

Monk

Premium Member
I thank you for making me consider the parans. It was something I had not spent much time reading. They are important.

I have tried to read on Opus Dei before. I couldn’t. It irritated me. Not sure why, but I stopped reading about them, because something bugged me, I think it had something to do with women in the Order. It was a while ago, not quite sure.
It is a very controversal religious order, i'm not keen on people whipping themselves, it makes me feel very uneasy.

petosiris

Banned
Hi Jup,
Although controversial, i still think that "The Golden Ratio" is the best way to search for God:-
https://www.goldennumber.net/bible/
https://www.goldennumber.net/theology/
http://www.seekingtruth.co.uk/Gods_amazing_design.htm

The elder Irenaeus wrote against such thinking of old:

''If any one, however, say in reply to these things, What then? Is it a meaningless and accidental thing, that the positions of names, and the election of the apostles, and the working of the Lord, and the arrangement of created things, are what they are?— we answer them: Certainly not; but with great wisdom and diligence, all things have clearly been made by God, fitted and prepared [for their special purposes]; and His word formed both things ancient and those belonging to the latest times; and men ought not to connect those things with the number thirty, but to harmonize them with what actually exists, or with right reason. Nor should they seek to prosecute inquiries respecting God by means of numbers, syllables, and letters. For this is an uncertain mode of proceeding, on account of their varied and diverse systems, and because every sort of hypothesis may at the present day be, in like manner, devised by any one; so that they can derive arguments against the truth from these very theories, inasmuch as they may be turned in many different directions. But, on the contrary, they ought to adapt the numbers themselves, and those things which have been formed, to the true theory lying before them. For system does not spring out of numbers, but numbers from a system; nor does God derive His being from things made, but things made from God. For all things originate from one and the same God...'' - The Refutation and Overthrow of the Gnosis Falsely So Called (the actual name of the so-called ''Against Heresies'') 2.25 https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0103225.htm

david starling

How important is the #10 when it comes to the Commandments? There were 12 tribes, not 10. 12 Moonths, not 10. So, why not the possibility of 12 original Commandments, later condensed into 10?

petosiris

Banned
How important is the #10 when it comes to the Commandments? There were 12 tribes, not 10. 12 Moonths, not 10. So, why not the possibility of 12 original Commandments, later condensed into 10?

The 10 commandments are not called commandments, but words by Moses. Decalogue means 10 words. These words are inscribed upon the tablets of the covenant by the Word for true mystical reasons. They are also part of the Torah of Moses.

At the time of the elder Irenaeus, mysticism centered on the number 30 in the Valentinian system, not the 10 of the kabbalists. The latter didn't involve ogdoad, decad and dodecad.

In the biblical calendar, there is an intercalation of a thirteenth month whenever the fourteenth day of the first month would fall before the vernal equinox without it. A month is 29 or 30 days depending on the sighting of the Moon in Israel.

david starling

The 10 commandments are not called commandments, but words by Moses. Decalogue means 10 words. These words are inscribed upon the tablets of the covenant by the Word for true mystical reasons. They are also part of the Torah of Moses.

At the time of the elder Irenaeus, mysticism centered on the number 30 in the Valentinian system, not the 10 of the kabbalists. The latter didn't involve ogdoad, decad and dodecad.

In the biblical calendar, there is an intercalation of a thirteenth month whenever the fourteenth day of the first month would fall before the vernal equinox without it. A month is 29 or 30 days depending on the sighting of the Moon in Israel.

Calling it a "Decalogue" doesn't preclude its having been originally a Dodecalogue.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Calling it a "Decalogue" doesn't preclude its having been originally a Dodecalogue.

There are different numberings of the words, but you can't make them more than 10. You can't split the coveting of a wife and an ox and a donkey etc., because it says ''anything'' which includes all the rest.

david starling

There are different numberings of the words, but you can't make them more than 10. You can't split the coveting of a wife and an ox and a donkey etc., because it says ''anything'' which includes all the rest.

The 1st of the Decalogue can be considered 2 separate Commandments. Obviously, the Saturnian-type restriction you're imposing is slanted towards a Decalogue.

I2 Tribes, 12 Moonths, 12 Commandments.[IMO]

petosiris

Banned
The 1st of the Decalogue can be considered 2 separate Commandments. Obviously, the Saturnian-type restriction you're imposing is slanted towards a Decalogue.
I2 Tribes, 12 Moonths, 12 Commandments.

Human interpretation doesn't matter. What matters is its content by which the nations will be judged.

petosiris

Banned
Hi Petosiris,
The F.B.I. investigate crime in the United States, not in the UK.
If i'm watched or not, i really couldn't care less, my years are numbered now, so am ready for pennies to be placed on my eyes to pay the ferryman.
I'm 63 with a broken spine, so ill health is always on the horizon, but i am a happy soul.

It is good to hear that your soul is healthy despite the infirmity of your body. Which ferryman do you believe you are going to pay? I believe with perfect faith that when the Lord Jesus Christ returns, he is going open the eyes of the blind saints, unstop their ears and make the lame of them able to leap like deer, just as he did when he walked the earth some 2000 years ago. He taught the people to store up for themselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust can corrupt them.

petosiris

Banned
Not everyone has trouble distinguishing between someone's ox and someone's wife! :biggrin:

If you keep reading.
''If someone steals an ox or a donkey or a sheep and it is found in the thief’s possession, then the thief must pay double the value of the stolen animal.'' - Ex. 22:4
''If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death'' - Lev. 20:10

There is difference of punishment for adultery and theft, just as there is for the coveting of a wife and the coveting of an ox and the coveting of a donkey.
I don't think you realise as a Californian how seriously God takes marriage.

Last edited: