Is college really that important?

JUPITERASC

remember-when-fdr-said-and-a-minimum-wage-shall-be-5471985.png

Many highly successful people dropped out or never went to college. They were natural entrepreneurs so controlled their own destiny. If you aren't a driven person with a vision, get a degree. HR depts. like alphabet soup after an applicant's name.

aquarius7000

Isn't learning supposed to be interesting.
A whole lot depends on your own attitude and receptiveness. If one is from the start against something and has a pre-conceived, actually even pre-decided notion about things (as seems to be the case here), nothing can convince that person of the opposite because it will bruise that person's ego to accept anything contrary even if they could see the point.

I'm only hear to make a profit. I don't care about extra-curricular activities. I hate participating in groups. I hate my courses because they're boring. I'm only eager to do good in them for money.
Scamming and burglary can get good profits and no degree needed.

If you hate authority, hate having friends, hate groups, hate courses, hate...hate...hate... you are going to have a tough time in life, especially as you grow up (which you need to). You will always have to bend to others and to authority in some way, and the sooner you learn to accept that as part of life, the better for you. Even if you were to not have to mingle with people because say you were a writer working on your own from home, you would still need to bend to market demands and what people like to read and whether they find your writings good enough or not.

Well it's a complicated system.
As complicated as you make it. No special treatment for anyone and we all have to accept the mixed bag of things we like and some things we don't.

Well sorry I'm not the perfect golden student.
Most are not. College, degree, school, job, are not just about learning what you like and cherry picking just that, they all teach you to become tolerant, treat others with respect, social skills, etc.

Last edited:

AppLeo

How's college?

How's digging up the graves of all my dead threads?

A whole lot depends on your own attitude and receptiveness. If one is from the start against something and has a pre-conceived, actually even pre-decided notion about things (as seems to be the case here), nothing can convince that person of the opposite because it will bruise that person's ego to accept anything contrary even if they could see the point.

Scamming and burglary can get good profits and no degree needed.

If you hate authority, hate having friends, hate groups, hate courses, hate...hate...hate... you are going to have a tough time in life, especially as you grow up (which you need to). You will always have to bend to others and to authority in some way, and the sooner you learn to accept that as part of life, the better for you. Even if you were to not have to mingle with people because say you were a writer working on your own from home, you would still need to bend to market demands and what people like to read and whether they find your writings good enough or not.

As complicated as you make it. No special treatment for anyone and we all have to accept the mixed bag of things we like and some things we don't.

Most are not. College, degree, school, job, are not just about learning what you like and cherry picking just that, they all teach you to become tolerant, treat others with respect, social skills, etc.

Thanks for the lesson that would've applied to me two years ago.