In my birth chart saturn in exact sextile to jupiter
exactly in the midpoint of jupiter and saturn uranus and moon are located
uranus and moon are in tight conjunction
I have read about midpoints and could not get good enough explanation
how the plants are connected ?
Are Uranus and Moon in the midpoint feel conjunct
to Jupiter and Saturn i mean in the language of aspects
in a situation of midpoints with planet right between
who aspects who ? and what kind of aspect the planets involved feel from each other ?

Last edited:

waybread

You have some strong oppositions in your chart. See if the midpoints give you some way of harmonizing these opposing planets.

I don't know why they work. But often, as in your case, there is a third planet of sensitive point at the midpoint of planetary pairs. To do this, you really have to study and work through the meanings of planets, signs, and houses.

Note that each planetary pair has two midpoints. The near one, and then the point opposite it. Try both, and see which one resonates best with you.

katydid

who aspects who ? and what kind of aspect the planets involved feel from each other ?

https://hniizato.com/midpoints-in-astrology/

Definition of Astrological Midpoints

The base premise of midpoint interpretation is this: “A planet located equidistant from two other planets (i.e. midpoint between two planets) has a relationship to both planets.” In practice we also include the Angles (Ascendant and Midheaven) as well as planets in midpoint interpretation.

Useful Metaphors for Interpreting Midpoints

Picture yourself as a child, and in between your parents. Being in the middle, you were greatly affected by the quality of their interaction (e.g. were they warm or cold toward each other? Did they argue a lot or ignore each other? Etc.) In the same way, a planet in the midpoint of two other planets that are more powerful (i.e. that have slower orbits) will be greatly affected by their interaction.

Now consider another metaphor: This time picture yourself as the adult, sitting between your two children. Just by being in their middle, you affected the quality of their interaction (e.g. they either behaved themselves better, or became more obnoxious toward each other by trying to compete for your attention, etc.) In the same way, a powerful planet in the midpoint of two lesser planets will strongly affect their interaction.

Mercury/Jupiter midpoint – Rewarding and Expansive Communication:
Jupiter (being the slower planet) influences Mercury: So this midpoint represents the experience of being rewarded (Jupiter) for one’s communication. Any planet in hard aspect to this midpoint will carry this sense of expansive communication. This is why MC (midheaven) = Mercury/Jupiter often denotes a professional writer.

Venus/Mars midpoint – Passionate Involvement:
Mars influences Venus: Romance and relationship is heated up, made passionate. This is the midpoint of sexual and artistic passion. Saturn placed at this midpoint (Saturn=Venus/Mars) will necessitate restraint on passion, whereas Jupiter or Uranus placed here may intensify the passion to excess.

Sun/Moon midpoint – Relationship Fulfillment:
Sun influences Moon: One’s Reigning Need (Moon) is fueled by Life Energy (Sun). This is the strongest point of individual need fulfillment, and thus it has to do with relationships and self-acceptance on a deep level. Neptune placed at this midpoint (Neptune=Sun/Moon) may suggest bewildering experiences in relationships, whereas Saturn placed here will necessitate growth and maturity in relationships.

Cary2

Banned
When you encounter an aspect, focus first and focus most on what two planets are involved. This is more important than what the aspect is. Too many astrologers follow the opposite logic; they will ponder the aspects to the neglect of the pair. Learn and memorize your pair chemistry. For instance, what does Mercury/Uranus mean? What does Sun/Jupiter mean? The aspects are foremost a connection, and a connection is what creates a pair dynamic.

With trios or triads, learn the three-way meaning. What does Sun/Venus/Saturn mean? This is applicable to configurations like T-square, Grand Trine, or a conjunction that squares a singleton.

The early midpoint pioneers favored the hard aspects to midpoints, conjunction, opposition, square, semisquare, sesquiquadrate. Newer research shows that all aspects to midpoints matter, but the hard aspects are more noticeable. I still favor hard aspects out of habit.

With three-way combinations, the hard aspects are not so dangerous. They cause challenge and motivation to face a challenge. See the T-square. It is common in successful people. First, imagine what the three-planet picture means, then consider the aspects.

Orb is very important. Three-way pictures involving any one or any two of the following Sun, Moon, Ascendant, Midheaven are much more important. So, use orb closeness and Su, Mo, As, Mc to organize the priority of interpretation. That is why I usually start with conjunctions to As, Mc.

The most important step is to learn the planetary pair meanings. Then learn the planetary trio meanings. That is the clue to using midpoints practically.

With three-way combinations, what planets are combined is a better guide to ease or challenge than the aspects involved. Mars/Saturn/Neptune will be difficult even with easy aspects. Sun/Jupiter/Venus will be easy even with hard aspects.

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned

In the example you name in your chart, Moon-Uranus-Ic at the Jupiter-sextile-Saturn midpoint, it is highly complex but of utmost importance to the chart interpretation. Rather than being a three-way combination, it is going to act as five-way combination because Ic/Moon/Uranus is at the midpoint and two significators are involved, Ic and Moon. In my parlance, this five-way combination rules your chart, and though it will require laborious interpretation, it is the dominant factor to understanding your chart.

Midpoint combinations always involve three or more factors, and they strongly resemble planetary configurations. It is not an easy matter to interpret Grand Trines, T-squares, or conjunctions that aspect one another, and it is equally difficult to interpret planetary pictures.

In the Jupiter-Saturn example above, the sextile is less key than you might think. Its closeness in orb is very key because it magnifies the importance or rank, but the "opportunity" suggested by a sextile will not be much help to interpreting the conglomeration. A sextile bisected by other planets is much more stressful than a normal sextile, though not without opportunities.

Next, I would consider the Venus/Jupiter/Asc Grand Trine in light of the very close Mercury-Pluto opposition. And then by association, the formation formed by the very close trine of Mercury to Neptune. This is an important configuration (Mercury/Pluto/Neptune) due to the closeness of the aspects. Consider these in light of what you previously discovered about the Jupiter/Uranus(Moon/Ic)/Saturn picture.

This is a very difficult chart to interpret. Consider Ic/Moon/Uranus which is quite the opposite of Jupiter-sextile-Saturn. The former is wild and unruly and moody and seemingly inconsistent, where the Jupiter/Saturn sextile tends to be inclined to make fear choices that are much more conservative and self-protective, yet what they both have in common is restlessness. Jupiter/Saturn is rather the opposite of wild (Moon/Uranus). Since we must interpret this first, we have our work cut out for us.

Those who have Moon angular tend to devote their lives to healing from a difficult upbringing. I don't mean that it was materially deprived, but that it was emotionally powerful leaving emotional tatters that seek to be healed or resolved. This is bothersome for someone who is independent like you are.

I would think that you were separated from your family in an abrupt way that had a fortunate effect on you. When you were young, you may have been deprived of mother's nurture due to her separation from you which was not so fortunate. There may have been damage to the family home. You are open to mystery, and I suppose you are curious what it means to be faithful in the fullest sense of the word.

Last edited:

astro485

Thank you Sir for this intresting interpretation .

I think today's transit is very important to my chart's midpoint configuration
Saturn tr and jupiter tr conjunct in 0 degree Aquarius sign of Uranus
who nataly sits in the midpoint and the transit at 0 degree aquarious
is the exact midpoint of natal mercury pluto oppostion .
Could this transit be a significator for resolvment of my chart's difficulties ?

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
The transit describes scholarly investigation and discussion. I can't say if it extends beyond that. There is a philosophical component to it and the demand for patience. Perhaps it is your investigation into midpoints that started the conversation.