Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 12-25-2021, 02:57 AM

Re: In What Sign is Chiron Domiciled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
So, going by Dave's idea, Chiron doesn't perform well in Gemini? What even is a well-performing Chiron?

Accdg. to Hand-Clow's book "Chrion, the Rainbow Bridge between inner and outer planets" says that in Gemini, there is a personal crisis which is centered around balance and the nervous system and can affect it greatly.

During the years 1983 - 1988 they experienced a Chiron Return which likely (was) intense, (book written in 1987) -

because Uranus was in Sagittarius and opposing their Chiron.

Would be interesting to know how they made out.

Unread 12-25-2021, 04:50 AM

Re: Signs are Not Constellations

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsontc View Post
David,

Don't confuse signs with constellations. Signs are mapped out sections of the sky while constellations are clusters of stars that form images in the sky. For example, you can have the Sun in the Aries portion of the sky but you can NOT have the Sun in the "Pegasus" part of the sky since there is NO part of the sky mapped out exclusively to Pegasus.

About the difference,

Tim
Thanks for the message, but my name isn't David. Constellations have legends to them and has a role in telling the story of astrology. Fixed stars are used in astrology as well, Pegasus in the astrological degrees of Aquarius and Pisces.
Unread 12-25-2021, 04:53 AM

Chiron was in Sagittarius in the late 1990s-early 2000s period, the time when Americans were convinced we're in the peak of peace, progress and prosperity between the fall of the USSR on Dec 25, 1991 to the terrorist attacks on US soil on Sep 11, 2001.
Unread 12-25-2021, 04:56 AM

The current placement for Chiron in 2021 going into 2022 is in Aries, the time of reckoning in our past and what can we do to move on from a distant trauma we still remember to haunt us in our present and prevent us from moving on in the future, and Americans realized the previous 4 centuries of past racial and sexist discrimination has to be remedied by a desired amount of social justice.
Unread 12-25-2021, 06:52 AM

I am glad there are sane and sensible people left on this forum
Unread 12-25-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
My Chiron is in the 4th house, (which makes sense to me there) at 06Scorpio, as I had a rather sad upbringing that affected me throughout my life. In my mid 40s I came to terms with it finally.

My Chiron is also Quintile to Sun & Mars so perhaps I found a creative way to deal with the pain or chiron's inner wound) . It sextiles Mercury but it also is square my sun's ruler Saturn and squares Pluto. I "forced" healing in my environment that was difficult for many at that time, but absolutely necessary for my mental health.

Barbara Hand-Clow is one of the first astrologers (along with Melanie Reinhart?) to write on Chiron. It was discovered in 1977 or recognized for the first time. Yet as I said, Linda Goodman didn't know the name to use in the earlier 70s, but knew that there was another "planet" to associate with Virgo. She simply didn't believe it was Mercury.

I'm not a big fan of Hand-Clow for her latter excursions during the craze of the Mayan calendar thingy , but I do have her book, and never purchased Reinhart's on Chiron. So If I quote from Hand-Clow on Chiron, its from that book I have. Often I thought I should have purchased the Reinhart on Chiron, but I'm sure a lot is now online from both of them.

https://www.melaniereinhart.com/melanie/index.php

The book offers a lot of insight into the ideas of all 3 of the Chironic astrologers at that time, including Zane Stein:
American pro astrologer and author of "Essence and Applications: A View From Chiron." He has written many articles and at one time published a magazine

Hand-Clow said Zane Stein, has Sun square Chiron, and was intensely involved in the study at their various workshops as healing can be extremely beneficial once we grasp it's meaning.

Opal said (in part): which imo, sounds quite Virgoan -

Originally Posted by Opal
Chiron rules (Again, I made additions):
Mentorship and assistants.
Surgery and Hospitals.
Heroes and Role models.
Hands, and all uses of them.
Lute.

I have Clow's book too. I disagree with rulerships to it though. Lantero's book is a more accurate description to me. It has quotes from around twenty of the pioneer writers, as they shared their thoughts in the beginning stages. While it could be seen as Virgo, institutions are Pisces, Mentors Sagittarius, and rulership, shared, is noble in itself. Chiron, helped all. And ruled the north, Virgo is south. I prefer Northern signs, or all of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
leomoon (12-25-2021)
Unread 12-25-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I have Clow's book too. I disagree with rulerships to it though. Lantero's book is a more accurate description to me. It has quotes from around twenty of the pioneer writers, as they shared their thoughts in the beginning stages. While it could be seen as Virgo, institutions are Pisces, Mentors Sagittarius, and rulership, shared, is noble in itself. Chiron, helped all. And ruled the north, Virgo is south. I prefer Northern signs, or all of them.

Perhaps the true nature is more of a polarity between the signs.
When we think of Virgo, we think of Gemini i.e. Mercury and of course it's opposite sign Pisces, (polarity nature)

When I think of Sag, I think of it's opposite sign Gemini

I haven't read much over the years of Chiron and it's new theories, but I sure feel Chiron hovering like a shadow.

p.s. Someone pointed out to me eons ago, that my NN in Gemini 11th is indicative of being the teacher, whereas my SN Sagittarius, indicative of gobs of study in past lives.

NN is apparently exalted in Gemini, so I think of "mentoring" as Gemini now.

Sag is a gobbler of info storing it, and gabbing about their philosophical venture, to me. Kind of the difference between "knowledge" (Sag) and "wisdom" (Gem) in more evolved beings of course, certainly not your run of the mill everyday Gem for certain.

More the Nodes in a subtle manner of now vs then. Yes, I've learned a lot in my life (mentoring) from Sags, (my mom for example about how to live freely and be generous), my Mexican astro friend (Sag about healthy eating, etc) various astrologers who are Sag and write like there is no tomorrow, certain they are correct about the advent of the Aquarian Age. etc. ...always a LOT of info .

But to tell the truth, none of them the "deeper" truth, more the giving to others, their accumulation of knowledge.(imo) yet that doesn't mean thats all there is either which most of them think so. Convinces me that Poilarity is extremely important and something we all casually dismiss in our quest to "know thyself".

Last edited by leomoon; 12-25-2021 at 03:52 PM.
Unread 12-25-2021, 04:01 PM

Ran across this today: Wiki

Exaltations have also been attributed to the north node (3rd degree of Gemini) and the south node (3rd degree of Sagittarius). These positions are listed in astrological texts of the early medieval Arabic period, such as al-Biruni's 11th-century Book of Instruction in the Elements of the Art of Astrology.[2] Whilst modern Vedic astrologers place significance on the exaltation positions of the nodes, the western astrological tradition transmitted through medieval Europe demonstrates little use of them in practice traditionally and currently.[3] Al-Biruni also points out that, in contradiction to the Greeks and Persians, the Hindu astrologers of his period disagreed upon the degree positions of the Sun, Jupiter and Saturn, and did not recognize the exaltations of the nodes - a principle he described himself as being "quite proper"

Al-Biruni, The Book of Instruction in the Elements of the Art of Astrology, ch. 443, demonstrates that differences of opinion existed in his era:
"In such signs the exaltations is regarded as especially related to a certain degree; but there are many differences of opinion in this matter, some saying that it extends to some degrees in front or behind the degree in question, while others hold that it extends from the first point of the sign to that degree, and again others that it is present in the whole sign without any special degree".
Unread 12-25-2021, 04:03 PM

Smile Re: In What Sign is Chiron Domiciled?

There's a strong energy field now linking Sagittarius/Chiron with Aries/Mars.

That's with both mutual reception (Chiron @ 8 degrees , Mars @ 8 degrees ); and, the Fire-Element trine.
Unread 12-25-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
There's a strong energy field now linking Sagittarius/Chiron with Aries/Mars.

That's with both mutual reception (Chiron @ 8 degrees , Mars @ 8 degrees ); and, the Fire-Element trine.

Excellent point! It really makes sense to me, because of the citizens of this country, at least 1/2 of them, who voted in 2016 voted in anger (fire element i.e. Mars) which was founded in some type of inner pain they feel. It certainly has not gone away and will be with us at least in a residual form for some time to come, probably into 2024.

People are just angry! And 8 Sagittarius, = 9 Sagittarius is conjunct the fixed star "Antares" (Anti-Ares)

Looking further at theses positions, we find in this degree for Chiron - some of the same "emotion" shown here connected with Pegasus (Algenib)

Excess of heat resulting in violence and perhaps misfortune or dishonor. [Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.22.]
With Sun: Mental disturbances, fevers and ill health, some danger of accidents. [Robson, p.122.]
A fighting spirit and a love of learning. [Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.12.]
With Moon: Dishonor, loss by scandal, exiled or forced to flee, ill health, trouble through writings. [Robson, p.122.]

For 8-9 Sag = Antares:

Ptolemy’s (Greek) Antares in the Syntaxis, and generally thought to be from {p.365} anti Ares, “similar to,” or the “rival of,” Mars, in reference to its color, —

If Rising: Riches and honor, violence, sickness, benefits seldom last. [Robson, p.137.]

With Mars, - just not at all beneficial -
david starling (12-25-2021)
Unread 12-27-2021, 04:11 AM

https://astrologyking.com/algenib-star/

Algenib 9.09 Aries

Fixed star Algenib gives notoriety, dishonor, violence, misfortune, and denotes the naked and poor professional beggar. Algenib is of the nature of Mars and Mercury (high enterprise, combative, destructive.)

Not sounding like a great combination. Wonder how this will play out. Definitely be watching for the exact transit.

Last edited by Opal; 12-27-2021 at 04:15 AM.
Unread 12-30-2021, 07:28 PM

Aries is one of 3 signs thought to held a connection to Chiron, Sagittarius is the most chosen sign in modern astrology, then I've heard Chiron is domiciled in Virgo. To look at the significance of Aries is of public service (law enforcement, firefighting and the military or armed forces), Sagittarius (medical-related) and Virgo? Is the virgin/maiden/earth mother deity the healer of humanity in the world? And Jupiter in Virgo: the image of a queen: "heart, mind and soul of a king".
Unread 12-30-2021, 09:02 PM

Here's A funny thought--just the fact that we can't be certain where Chiron's Domiciled makes it likely it IS Sagittarius!
Unread 12-30-2021, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Here's A funny thought--just the fact that we can't be certain where Chiron's Domiciled makes it likely it IS Sagittarius!
Or, if like some wrote, it is not domiciled at all.🙂
Unread 12-31-2021, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Or, if like some wrote, it is not domiciled at all.🙂
That's what I said. Sagittarius.
Unread 12-31-2021, 03:22 AM

Quote:
That's what I said. Sagittarius.
Domicile, permanent home. Too restrictive. 🙂
Unread 12-31-2021, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Domicile, permanent home. Too restrictive. 🙂
It can still be considered his Domicile-sign, even if Chiron's seldom there, imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Opal (12-31-2021)
Unread 12-31-2021, 04:12 AM

Why WOULDN'T a Centaur who taught archery be Domiciled in the Sign symbolized by the Centaur/archer?

The irony is, he was accidentally wounded by an arrow shot by Hercules, who had learned archery from Chiron himself. What's the moral of THAT story???

Last edited by david starling; 12-31-2021 at 04:17 AM.
Opal (12-31-2021)
Unread 12-31-2021, 01:48 PM

Quote:
It can still be considered his Domicile-sign, even if Chiron's seldom there, imo.

I understand, but, with his domain being the whole of the North, and Lantero mentioning that he may be "the Key" to many things(including precession), and thinking of the last video Monk posted, the midpoint of the North is winter solstice, while Sagittarius, is obvious I prefer his strength to be over his entire domain, the North.
Unread 12-31-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Why WOULDN'T a Centaur who taught archery be Domiciled in the Sign symbolized by the Centaur/archer?

The irony is, he was accidentally wounded by an arrow shot by Hercules, who had learned archery from Chiron himself. What's the moral of THAT story???

If it is actually a tale of precession, and the motion of the stars, should it not be visible in Monk's Newgrange roof box? Rising and setting.
Unread 12-31-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I understand, but, with his domain being the whole of the North, and Lantero mentioning that he may be "the Key" to many things(including precession), and thinking of the last video Monk posted, the midpoint of the North is winter solstice, while Sagittarius, is obvious I prefer his strength to be over his entire domain, the North.
Using the precessional, tropical Ages, Chiron's position between Saturn and Uran suggests movement outward, into the Heavens ("Uran" means "of the Heavens") beyond the limitations of the Saturnian-ruled Age of Capricorn, and into the expansion of the Uranian-ruled Age of Aquarius. That makes Chiron extremely relevant in this ongoing Great Transition.
Opal (01-01-2022)
Unread 01-16-2022, 06:12 AM

And Virgo and Sagittarius square off, Chiron represents both the king and Queen, thus Chiron bonds Zeus a.k.a. Jupiter with his wife and assistant in their way to rule, defend and heal their nation, kingdom or empire together.
Unread 01-16-2022, 06:21 AM

And Opal, the northern signs or above the celestial equator: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo and Virgo have a more masculine feature of themselves than the southern ones: Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces, the feminine half forms a second half of the year. There are also signs in the "western" half of the 90' meridian like Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius said to be more masculine as well opposed to the "eastern" one made up of Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus and Gemini are more feminine in nature. And the celestial equator (0' latitude) is where the sun is on March 21st and Sep 23rd, while the 90' is the highest the sun is for the northern hemisphere and the lowest it is to the southern side exactly on June 22nd.
Unread 01-16-2022, 06:34 AM

It gets convoluted and confusing sometimes.

When you go into the link, scroll down to the diagram of a natal chart with the directions.

I too have read the same as you wrote, but I have read quite a few examples of this too. Convoluted. When east is west and north is south. Then there is judgement by elements, being directions too.

https://tonylouis.wordpress.com/2018...in-horary/amp/
Unread 01-20-2022, 05:42 PM

Unhappy Re: In What Sign is Chiron Domiciled?

https://www.instyle.com/lifestyle/as...%20and%20Libra.

Chiron takes 4 years to move from sign to sign, although it spends 7 to 8 years in Aries (currently) and Pisces and only 1 or 2 years in Virgo and Libra. I think the mid 1970s was exactly when Chiron is in Aries and earlier in the late 1960s in Pisces. The late 2010s was the Trump administration in a sign like Pisces of fortune and fame, but Chiron represents the use of privilege in a form of abuse. Yep...that's Trump for you...and he's comparable to the "establishment" the new Left overthrown over 50 years ago (circa 1969-70) when Chiron was in Pisces. And furthermore, the positions or aspects of outer yet faster-moving planets like Mars (an inner), Ceres, esp. Jupiter and Saturn, and even Uranus, Neptune, and sometimes with Pluto determine the volatility of a Chiron placement.

Tags
chiron, domiciled, sign