pluto transiting 8th house=death

wowreally

for those who have experiance with pluto in 8th house, has it ever meant death

since last night i have had a thought enter my head (ps i have schizoprenia, so it's possible that i'm just acting crazy), but last night the idea that my ex's sister will try to kill me popped into my head

transiting pluto just entered my 8th house.

the rational part of me says that i'm just being faced with the concept of death due to the transit
but for how many people that you know of, has this transit meant actual physical death.

i hurt her brother a lot, and they're really close...he said he'd kill for her, and i can only assume that she'd do the same
if she see's him suffering, i know the thought would at least enter her head

Last edited:

katydid

It is not that literal. I have a friend with schizophrenia/bi-polar disorder. I have had a hard time trying to remind her not to see the 'meanings' of astrological terms as literal meanings. She gets stuck in the trap of seeing everything as too literal. They are symbolic, creative, artistic descriptions of archetypes. Death, in terms of Pluto and the 8th house, refers to the death of old habits, old relationships, etc. The loss of things that no longer serve you. The rebirth that comes when one lets go of old, outdated emotional behavior patterns. It does not refer to the Grim Reaper of death in the literal sense. Think of it more as the Phoenix arising from the ashes.

Pluto transiting your 8th does not mean that anyone is going to kill you. It is more likely that you , yourself, want to destroy the old haunting memories of that past relationship because of the guilt you harbor from the way you hurt someone that you cared about. So Pluto can help you let go of those guilt pangs by allowing you to let go of old patterns and learning new ways to be intimate and emotionally connected.

Pluto moving through the 8th is an excellent time to study and learn astrology. That is how I see your Pluto transit unfolding. :joyful:

wowreally

thanks, i usally don't get literal with it.
**i had the 'strong' thought before i discoved i was going through the transit**
since i found out about the transit, i've been reading online and many have said that they experianced close one's dying

so just wanted to get feedback

i like what you said about all this being a part of my guilt, i can see that.

katydid

thanks, i usally don't get literal with it.
**i had the 'strong' thought before i discoved i was going through the transit**
since i found out about the transit, i've been reading online and many have said that they experianced close one's dying

so just wanted to get feedback

i like what you said about all this being a part of my guilt, i can see that.

It is true that sometimes it means there is a death in the family or something similar. But that is not the same thing as what you were describing. I just didn't want you obsessing on it/ [ the image you described]

I have a T-Square to natal Pluto in the 4th and I tend to obsess on things myself so I assume others do as well. :ninja:

craft94

I can't speak for everyone but Pluto has been transiting my 8th house for a while now and I'm still alive. I can't lie. I'm a bit worried that when it conjuncts Uranus/Neptune (in the 8th) and squares my Sun/Mercury (in the 5th), I'll die a sudden and mysterious death but I doubt it's that literal. I'm probably just getting worked up over nothing. Remember the 8th house is also about sex ;)

I'd say in your case, it's more about guilt, confronting your dark side and "killing" it so you can move on to better things, than it is literal death.

Last edited:

wowreally

I can't speak for everyone but Pluto has been transiting my 8th house for a while now and I'm still alive. I can't lie. I'm a bit worried that when it conjuncts Uranus/Neptune (in the 8th) and squares my Sun/Mercury (in the 5th), I'll die a sudden and mysterious death but I doubt it's that literal. I'm probably just getting worked up over nothing. Remember the 8th house is also about sex ;)

I'd say in your case, it's more about guilt, confronting your dark side and "killing" it so you can move on to better things, than it is literal death.

you're right i'm not dismising that possibility. i'd welcome it.
but the feeling is really strong, i even have a vision of who's going to do it...
anyway i was really scared so i went to church today and the paster was talking about death
then im at the bus stop and some christian kids were handing out pamphlets that talk about death and what happens after we die.

i'm really scared. it's possible it's symbolic and it's possible that it's literal, i guess no one here can say for sure.

just work on being the best me and hope everything works out

Arena

It has been said that when Pluto transits your DSC you might lose someone close to you, either in death or some kind of separation. And the same can happen when it comes to cusp of 8th, you can lose someone to death. But it does not have to be death to yourself though.

Holist

Pluto transits are intense but very gradual. Among many other sensations, they can cause moments where you feel a death energy moving through your life. It's not usually literal death, but transformative death, especially where the 8th house is concerned.

Usually when people feel like they're about to die, but don't literally die, it's because they are aware that some part of their inner world is being dissolved. It can be hard to face, but the important thing during a Pluto transit is to surrender. The changes are going to happen either way but if you resist you will suffer.

Pluto transiting the 8th house is actually a really wonderful opportunity to fix up or regenerate practically any part of your life: your body/health, your sex life, your finances, your spiritual life. It's a great opportunity to learn about metaphysics and the occult (like astrology)! The planet of regeneration in the house of regeneration is awesome for that. Anything you decide to change, can change. I would say that Pluto in the 8th house is about mastering change itself.

Because the 8th house is about other people's money, then yes, it can involve the literal death of others, and inheritances. One thing you need to look out for is the commitments you make to others, or borrowing money. If you're in debt then Pluto can help you get out of it, but if you're not in debt it can make new debt acrue. This is because the 8th house is about contracts. Agreements with others will come up a lot during this transit, and it will teach you a lot about being in your integrity. If you honor or dishonor agreements, Pluto will amplify the results of either -- so don't ***** anyone over during this transit or you might pay for it. Whether the money side of this house is good or bad depends on your planetary aspects. If they're harsh then beware of borrowing or getting into debt. If they're positive then you might get work, money, or inheritances tied to contracts.

True death during transits are called exit points and there's a whole branch of astrology dedicated to that. There's no hard and set rules about exit points, but from all my studies it seems that Mars, Jupiter and Saturn transits tend to be more involved in death than Pluto is. Pluto is ultimately about renewal, not death.

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

I had pluto in the 8th for the 12-13 years it was in Sag (1995-2008). Being Sag I went exploring the human psyche.

In early 1996 I started reading every book I could find on the self-help shelf. I read voraciously for about a year - loads of books. As events would happen to me through those years that I couldn't fathom I'd head back to the self-help shelf to read some more books and learn more about human relations. Compare that to 1993, when someone had given me a copy of Gael Lindenfield's Super-Confidence that I didn't even get past the first chapter.

I also note that about a month after pluto entered sag and my 8th house, I bought my house thereby taking out a loan with the bank (shared resources - debts).

Can't think of any deaths in the family during that period at all. By comparison, I lost an uncle in 2009, aunt in 2010 and my 96-year-old grandmother in 2012. So during my pluto in 8th years she was aged 79-92 which could easily have been a time for passing but she didn't.

Generally though I'd say pluto in the 8th was a period where I did a lot of looking deeply into my own psychology and erasing all the projections. I went from being someone who wanted a co-dependent relationship (where I expected someone else to change to make me happy) to being independent (where I would adapt to make myself happy) but where I lacked the vulnerability and trust to be able to negotiate and compromise that comes with inTERdependence. I had to wait for a neptune to come along to teach me about that.

So I guess, looking back the cookbooks are right when they say it's all about your deep psychology, other people's values and power struggles in relationships.

Arena

Can't think of any deaths in the family during that period at all. By comparison, I lost an uncle in 2009, aunt in 2010 and my 96-year-old grandmother in 2012. So during my pluto in 8th years she was aged 79-92 which could easily have been a time for passing but she didn't.

So which house system did you use? It could have been within 8th house in another house system it seems. Those deaths happen just after Pluto has been transiting your 8th by your statement.

Pluto can also mean death when it touches your angles (or relocated angles).

Inside Out Orange

So which house system did you use? It could have been within 8th house in another house system it seems. Those deaths happen just after Pluto has been transiting your 8th by your statement.

Pluto can also mean death when it touches your angles (or relocated angles).

I have an early degree ascendant at about 2 Taurus with MC at 13Cap (spot where Pluto's just been!) - no deaths though.

Under whole signs - Sag is my 8th
Under equal - 2Sag begins my 8th and 2Cap finishes it
Under placidus my 8th is intercepted in Sag from 5 to 25 degrees.

My uncle and aunt dying are distant relationships with whom I don't recall seeing since year 2000 so while my uncle might have scraped into the end of equal 8th - it wasn't that personally significant. My family isn't massive and three of my grandparents died in the 1980s within three years so there weren't a lot of 'candidates' !!! But really for that thirteen year period of pluto in Sag, no-one died that I recall.

I typically use Equal system but have noticed that often the moment planets change signs I feel an effect in the new house so in that respect Whole signs would work for me.

It's a little beyond the scope of this thread but somewhere around 2009 when pluto had fully moved into cap, I notice that my interest in self-development psychology lessened. I started to read more books on social psychology or sociology which I now realise was the beginning of a much more 9th house interpretation. I've also noticed I've become a lot more 'preaching' and I've definitely come to appreciate the bigger picture and underlying patterns that exist.

All that said, I'm interested to see what happens now that transitting pluto has crossed my MC with its three passes. Whether it remains trying to be 9H or tries to become 10H. From my past experiences, it should be the former but I keep an open mind because it's only by doing that that I continue to learn.

Last edited:

waybread

Pluto entering your 8th house doesn't mean death. Pluto is a very slow moving planet, so if we look at all the people who are approximately your age with your same rising sign, you will all be experiencing Pluto transiting into your 8th house together. If Pluto meant death we should be seeing all kinds of mortality just now; never mind the 1/12 of the human population born with Pluto in the 8th house.

What is characteristic of certain types of Pluto/8th house matters, however, is thinking about death more frequently. These thoughts don't mean an actual death is going to happen. Plus most of us reach an age where the older generation just naturally reaches the end of their lifespan. Deaths occur for a variety of reasons: its not like your transit is actually going to cause one.

Pluto is indeed a regenerative energy: old into new, the cycle of sex-birth-death-rebirth. This time of year in North America we see the vegetation dying back and going dormant, to be followed by spring and new life.

keywine89

since last night i have had a thought enter my head (ps i have schizoprenia, so it's possible that i'm just acting crazy), but last night the idea that my ex's sister will try to kill me popped into my head

the rational part of me says that i'm just being faced with the concept of death due to the transit
but for how many people that you know of, has this transit meant actual physical death.

i hurt her brother a lot, and they're really close...he said he'd kill for her, and i can only assume that she'd do the same
if she see's him suffering, i know the thought would at least enter her head

Pluto in the 8th house would not mean death. There are signs and aspects that could indicate a death. But Pluto in it's own house would be more beneficial depending. FYI, never rely solely on transits. Every year you should look at your solar return chart. The only time I can remember being near death is when Pluto and Scorpio were in my SR 6th house making oppositions to my 12th house. Scary year, almost died 3 times! Plus My Sun and Mercury were in my SR 8th house. Haven't had those aspects ever since! As for being murdered, you may want to look for a Mars/Pluto opposition or square in your SR chart for that year. This aspects involves confrontations/conflicts with others depending. 12th/6th house opposition or square can indicate hospitalization. Mars in the 7th/8th houses making a square or opposition to the 1st house would be an instant death.

Flapjacks

My great aunt died a couple months after Pluto began a transit to my 8th house. She gave me an inheritance. I stayed with her a few days before she passed and she kept saying, "I am so scared." I find that if I try to talk about it I start crying, even though I don't know where the tears are coming from.

I am sure there is more to it than the Pluto transit, but it is a significant transit for such an event because of the emotional and psychological implications.

waybread

Flapjacks, my condolences on the death of a relative whom you cared so much about. Different people process the process of dying in different ways, so it is good that you were able to be of comfort to her.

Note that the transit was to your 8th house, not hers, and that Pluto moves so slowly through a typical house of about 30 degrees that most people would naturally lose some loved ones during that time.

Pluto will focus our minds on the contents of the house it traverses, and it often does so in emotionally troublesome ways.

Flapjacks

Flapjacks, my condolences on the death of a relative whom you cared so much about. Different people process the process of dying in different ways, so it is good that you were able to be of comfort to her.

Note that the transit was to your 8th house, not hers, and that Pluto moves so slowly through a typical house of about 30 degrees that most people would naturally lose some loved ones during that time.

Pluto will focus our minds on the contents of the house it traverses, and it often does so in emotionally troublesome ways.

I do think 8H transit is going to be different depending on the house ruler, aspects, and other conditions. I don't want to say a death must happen and especially not one's own death! We would have to see wowreally's chart to get a better idea. Where is the house ruler, for instance.

However, this is the first death I have experienced in a personal way, and along with an inheritance (8th house rules inherentences) I believe the transit is relevant. It set off a beginning of a new understanding of 8th house matters that I am still working through two years later. Her death has been a catalyst for psychological change. 8H ruler is Saturn, which is conjunct my descendent from the 6H (interactions with others, health, and elders).

How are you. It's been 7 years since you posted and I'm wide, Is every still ok? did you go throu that transit already. Let me know please. Thank you 😁

aquarius7000

Hi,

Pluto has nothing to do with death by itself. Not even if it is going through your eight house. If you face death of someone close to you, look at Saturn. Look at the planet that signifies the person whose death you might face. Look at what is going over your fourth house if this someone is from your own family. The outers by themselves are too slowly to cause anything as personal as death.

Osamenor

Staff member
The outers by themselves are too slowly to cause anything as personal as death.

No planetary transit causes death. They just reflect what's going on in our lives. As above, so below. When we lose a close person, our transits reflect it.

Sometimes Pluto transits play a part, but it has more to do with Pluto touching a planet or point than with which house Pluto is transiting. I know someone who had Pluto on her natal Moon when her father died. She correlates the two. But, I've had Pluto cross my natal Moon and did not lose anyone at that time. The deaths in my life have happened under other transits.

If you're worried that Pluto transiting your eighth house means your own death, keep in mind that we all die, but not all of us ever have Pluto move through the eighth house in our lifetimes. People who do have Pluto move through the eighth in their lifetime live to tell about it, unless it happens when they're coming to the end of their life anyway. If that weren't so, no one with natal Pluto in the eighth, and hardly anyone with natal Pluto in the seventh, would survive childhood. Furthermore, the death indicated by the eighth house is not the experience of dying, but the experience of losing someone to death. There's a reason why the eight is associated with both death and inheritance: for inheritance to come to you, someone in your life has to die.