Many Progressed Planets in Critical Degrees what does it mean?

Hello everyone! I just got a book on Predictive Astrology and am learning about progressions and how important they are. I am on the chapter that is discussing progressions at critical degrees and found that I have many progressed planets in critical degrees:

- Mars is progressed 29D Pisces in H12, currently quincunx my natal Venus which is 0D Virgo H5.
- Venus is progressed 0D Libra in H6, currently no aspects to natal chart.
- Moon is progressed 13D Cancer in H3 house, currently quindecile my natal Uranus in Sagittarius H8, also it is trine my natal North Node which is in Pisces H11, and sextile my natal South Node which is in Virgo H5
- Jupiter is progressed 4D Gemini in H1, currently sextile my natal Mars in Aries H12
- Not sure if the MC counts (it wasn’t mentioned in book) but if it does, it is progressed at 8D Aquarius in H10, currently opposition my natal Moon in Leo H4.

Also in my natal chart I have Venus and Moon in critical degrees, Venus 0D Virgo H5 and Moon 8D Leo H4.

I am still very new to interpreting my chart, especially when it comes to these progressions. I’m not sure if it is common to have lots of planets in critical degrees, but just looking at my chart I feel like this is important and I want to know what it all means. I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight as to how these progressions in critical degrees will affect me and if they are triggering a crisis, or an area in my life that needs attention? Also I would love it if anyone could help me see if anything could possibly set off my yod or what outcomes I may experience because of all of these progressed planets in critical degrees making aspects to my natal planets?

I would very much appreciate anyone’s insight! I have attached my chart with progressions and transits as well if that is needed to interpret. Thank you so much for your help! :)

Love and light,
Felicia

Last edited:
Thank you Caprising for your insights! It makes sense about Venus in the chart progressing into Libra from Virgo and me having more expression in my life which is in tune with my Libra Sun. Is there anyway you could please explain how these energies could play out with - my progressed Mars in Pisces forming an inconjunct to the natal Venus and an opposition to the progressed Venus and how using the natal Venus in Virgo placement can see each other in action? I’m still new to astrology and am learning to figure out how all of the various signs and energies affect each other in the various aspects and how to interpret them. Thanks, I would really appreciate it.

It also makes sense that I am more likely to feel the effects of the progressed planets since my Sun is fall in Libra. I would say I would identify more with my Leo Moon in the 4th house, especially around my family and friends. I also think that when I am around strangers and people I don’t really know, I am really shy and I think that is where I take on the roll of my Libra Sun in the 6th. Thanks for all your insights!

Love and Light,
Felicia

Zarathu

Account Closed
Are you trying to learn about progressions on the basis of the internet research only or are you looking at the system in a more comprehensive way by reading and studying books devoted to the subject?

If its the internet, then you probably have a disjointed view of the subject.

If you really want to get into it, I would have some suggestions, since I use Tertiary and Minor Progressions, along with secondary progressions as my major way of looking at the present now, long after birth.

I'm not going to get into the complicated subject here without knowing at what level you are wanting to pursue this.

Wow Caprising, thank you very much for all of your help and taking the time to explain all of this to me! I checked out the sight you linked and love it. I really think it is going to help me in interpreting and connecting the dots in my chart. I will take the information you gave me and try to learn to interpret it all myself. Thanks so much, I am very grateful for your assistance! :)
Love and Light,
Mountainlove

Are you trying to learn about progressions on the basis of the internet research only or are you looking at the system in a more comprehensive way by reading and studying books devoted to the subject?

If its the internet, then you probably have a disjointed view of the subject.

If you really want to get into it, I would have some suggestions, since I use Tertiary and Minor Progressions, along with secondary progressions as my major way of looking at the present now, long after birth.

I'm not going to get into the complicated subject here without knowing at what level you are wanting to pursue this.

Hi Zarathu. I am looking at the system in a more comprehensive way by reading books and studying the subject. I would like to have a good grasp on it so I can interpret an astrology chart without having to resort to searching through the internet for interpretations on various aspects and progressions, etc. I am intrigued with progressions and transits and am especially interested in Predictive Astrology. I would love to be able to make my own predictions.

I am still new to interpreting my chart and astrology, but I am very interested in the subject and want to help heal my self by understanding the energies I have to work with and pinpointing events and what not. The book I am reading on Predicitive Astrology is called "The Art of Predictive Astrology” by Carol Rushman. She stresses how progressions are the key to predictive astrology. The chapter on critical degrees, I found interesting, especially when I found many of my progressed planets in critical degrees. Also, she speaks of the Yod being configurations that can change your life. She says, “I equate them to someone who is understudying for a famous actress and actor and who fills in for the star one night and becomes an overnight sensation. That is how a yod operates.” She also says they can be negative and people with yods have their fair share of health issues, but also have the ability to heal themselves. Having one in my natal chart, I am wanting to know what it means for me. I am grateful for the people in this forum helping me to understand my yod in another discussion. I just want to learn more about it and progressions, learn how things are set off in a chart and what that means in terms of predictive astrology. Anyway I would appreciate any advice you can give me as a beginner to the study. Thank you!