career advice,please;)

L

lena

Hi! I'm Lena, your new member :D . I would like to know when will I have some career satisfaction, not in a material way; it's just that I have so many ideas on my mind, I would like to do so many things,but I can't choose one particular (I'm into all kinds of art,study architecture..)Do you have any ideas? If not, can you at least tell me in what period of time will I be sure? ......

My natal chart data:
November 4th, 1983
20:32E, 44:52N
2:00 PM
And this is the link:
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3;btyp=w2gw&nhor=1&cid=z5hfilejFPlQS-u1120260504

Springup

I'm not an astrologer....

I was curious and took a peep at your chart! Wow! You have a saturated 9th and 8th house! Jupiter( planet of luck and expansion) is moving towards your upper chart, I think you are in for some miracles and transformation in your life the next couple years! Wow! Cool and Great!

L

lena

.....That sounds good, maybe too good for me to believe..... because, as I said before, right now I feel pretty much confused and depressed,so......
I would really like to hear some more opinions.. :)

wilsontc

Staff member
Your life goal

Lena,

Part of the challenge of your chart is that you have South node (the past) focused in the 9th house (expansion, also wisdom) conjunct (energy is combined with) Midheaven (outer world, also edge of the 10th house (duty, also career) ) conjunct Jupiter (expansion, also wisdom) conjunct Uranus (friends, also innovation). This energy conjunct your South node tends to "hold you back" in life. In fact, focusing on "career" holds you back in your life. Instead, to see where you are headed toward in your life we look for the North node.

The North node (future goals) is focused in the 3rd house (thinking, also details, writing) conjunct the Nadir (inner world). So in your life your life you are moving from big, expansive, innovative career goals into detailed writing and examination of your inner world. The challenge is there is NO energy conjunct the North node, so the STRONG energy conjunct your South node tends to "hold you back" in life.

To get from the South node to the North node, we look for an aspect that links the two nodes. That "linking aspect" in the case of your chart is the T-square (not visible in the "astro" chart you have) focused on Virgo (daily work) modifying Mars (being, also action) conjunct Venus (relationships) focused in the 7th house (relationships), indicating that it is actively working on reltionships with others (networking) can help you decide which analyzing, detailed, writing position you would most want to do.

Since most of your planets are in the top right of your chart, your chart is all about helping others...so let some of those you help help you find the writing/analyzing opportunities you want!

Currently transiting (planet moving in the sky) Pluto (transformation) is conjuncting your Midheaven (outer world), causing you to transform your entire approach to the outer world. When Pluto strongly aspects our chart, it forces us to give up those things which we no longer have any use for...it also forces us to make difficult decisions. You can start with your "laundry list" of ideas. Talk to a career counselor, pick out ONE of those ideas and study it in depth to get the "details" of it. Transform your "expansion" approach (South node) to an analytical, details approach (North node) and you will take the first step to realizing inner peace.

Pushing the North node,

Tim

L

lena

Quote:
'.....Since most of your planets are in the top right of your chart, your chart is all about helping others...so let some of those you help help you find the writing/analyzing opportunities you want! ....'

Hmmm....acctually, I don't see myself as a very open-for-help kind of person (I once was,though,but then people percieved me only as someone useful, so I decided to end it.). And every time I start to improve my social life, people start using my good intentions(by this I mean not having any hidden motives)....

So you advise me to push that 3rd house-gemini-north node by getting close to the majority of people that surround me? That sounds pretty much 'science fiction' to me.. But, I guess, that's my own battle, right?

Anyway, thanks for your help. I'll try to do my best.... :wink:

PS: What about the square between my north node and pisces ascendant?
That sounds pretty hopeless to me....

S

Samson23

Hello guys! Pretty much the same story as Lena's... a pretty old young guy with no idea what to do with his life(OK, she is much younger and her English is way better!). :( I am just before graduating from economics-financial management to be more accurate, but I just don't know if that is the right path for me to follow... there are just too many interesting thing in the world... and I would be most grateful if one of you guys in the know would take a brief look at my chart and tell me what are the professions in which I could get the most out of my potentials.

Here is a link to my birthchart:http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3;btyp=w2gw;cid=z5hfilejFPlQS-u1120260504&nhor=2

wilsontc

Staff member
Expansion is your life goal

Samson,

Actually, you have the OPPOSITE story as Lena! With the North node (life goal) focused in the 9th house, expansion is your life goal. Expansion includes wisdom, higher education, teacher, judge, international things, etc. Just think big, broad things in which the details are left to someone else! Since the nodal focus has a T-square focused on Uranus (friends, also technology, innovation) possibly innovative technology could be something to keep an eye on as you develop your career.

Good luck on your job search,

Tim

S

Samson23

Re: Expansion is your life goal

wilsontc said:
Just think big, broad things in which the details are left to someone else! Since the nodal focus has a T-square focused on Uranus (friends, also technology, innovation) possibly innovative technology could be something to keep an eye on as you develop your career.

Thank you!!

But don't you think that with 4 planets in virgo I might be uncapable of leaving the details to someone else??Especially with neptun-venus/sun-mars/saturn T-sqare???
One more thing. If you consider the chiron I even have a grand square made of uranus, chiron, south node and north node... does that change anything? Is that grand square compatible with the neptun-venus/sun-mars/saturn T-sqare or are the competing against each other??

Sorry for my gemini/virgo curiosity but I just cannot help myself!! :D

L

lena

Wow.and I thought this was my discussion... :D Anyways; dear Samson23, even though your case is exactly opposite from mine, we have sth in common - too much thinking! That just makes things more complicated...Don't you agree? Even with astrology - the more you dig, the less you know...like that first impression that you get when you meet a person- it's always true.....
My advice : whatever you do, don't ignore your detailed virgo side;I think that's a true bless in an geminian chart ( to have sth that reduces that gemini-sun/venus superficiality,I mean ). I have strong virgo-sagitarius influence in my chart, and I truly believe that you can be detailed AND see the 'big picture' at the same time....my problem is that that picture always seem much more serious than it really is, but, in your case, there is this relatively strong leo-gemini thing going on, so - cheer up! :D

PS: I think that your main test is handling that cancer-mercury/pluto square... (thoughts just keep changing every second, but always in a dark,pessimistic way, don't they?) :wink:

PSS: Greetings to Ljubljana from Belgrade!

S

Samson23

In the case of virgo and sagitarious that most certaintly gives you the ability to see both the trees and the forrest. But in case of gemini and virgo... none of them is particularly good at taking perspective... they're both very good at analyzing and virgo certainly adds some seriousnes, but not perspective... they' re both more or less analyzers...
I think that the true blessing comes in my scorpio rising and in the position of planets. Sun/venus-altough they are in gemini, they are also in 8.(scorpio's house-gives perspective, stamina, some seriousness...)- that and my scorpio ascendant and the fact that all of my virgo planets are in 10.house-house of capricorn also adds some persistence, focus...

I do not find the mercury-pluto square so challenging... I did have some acid tounge performances... but I learned to keep it under control... the ideas are constantly changing mostly because of my uranus trine mercury.

The real challenge for me in my chart is lack of fire... there is only neptune in sag.... but it is in very bad shape with that satun/mars square... The whole venus/sun-neptune-mars/saturn T-square ... mars/saturn conjunction just sucks... sorry for nasty words... but those were the nicest words I could find for that devil... gas/stop model surely fits!! :?

Another devil in my chart lies in my uranus/asc. quincunx venus... as if it wasn't bad enough for me to have venus opposition neptune in my chart... with that venus/neptune/uranus combo it's just impossible to have a serious relationship... the good thing is my uranus ascending... so I pretty much don't give a hoot! :wink:...

All that said... I agree-analyzing is overrated!!! :D :D :D

Thanks for greetings!!I'll probably visit your city this month... I like your food very much... and I also have a few of Serbian astrology books to buy.... you have quite a few brilliant authors in that field... and whole lotta very nice girls too!

Veliki pozdrav iz Ljubljane!

P.S.: Sorry for ocupating your discussion!

L

lena

Don't mention that neptune-mars square to me...I have that aspect-it makes me sooo lazy. :cry: Except when I'm doing some creative projects,something artistic...Maybe youre profession should be connected to arts in some way(Sun conj Venus,Mars square Neptune, Pluto trine Venus....) but more extroverted( to give you that 'wide perspecive')...Maybe you should be touristic guide? Just imagine: having great time presenting important historic/artistic sights to tourists all over the world, always learning sth new....and, no matter how far you travel, you always come back to your country (Cancer in 9th).

Samson23 wrote:
'I am just before graduating from economics-financial management to be more accurate, but I just don't know if that is the right path for me to follow... there are just too many interesting thing in the world... '

What do you mean by 'interesting things', anyway?

And since you're so into serbian astrology, you should check these sites:
http://www.astrologus.co.yu/
http://www.astrologyinserbia.com/

S

Samson23

I am already very familiar with Stojanovic's site... I'm probably there on a daily basis... thanx for the magazine link 'tough -the site is great :D ... perhaps you could provide us with some link to another Serbian astrogod-Alexandar Imsiragic???

When I mentioned interesting things...what I had in mind was writing, philosophy, methodology of sports training, sports nutrition, improvised theathre, music (traveling without moving)... traveling is also one of the things that fascinates me... I did some touristical guidance work in the past, but it is just too energy consuming... I did have one hell of a great time, but I ended up totally exhausted...

Geeee... you have ful 8th house... black magic??? Extreme sexual practices?? 8) 8) Joke... I think that Rasputin had a very similar chart. :evil:

BTW: What are you studying???

S

Samson23

lena said:
Don't mention that neptune-mars square to me...I have that aspect-it makes me sooo lazy. :cry: Except when I'm doing some creative projects,something artistic...

Aleister Crowley once wrote that it's much better to have bad aspect between mars and neptune than a good one... if you had a good one that would probably make you lazy and dreamy even in the field of arts... :wink:

L

lena

... Actually, that scorpio sun-saturn-mercury-pluto conjunction makes me a typical scorpio- I'm very passionate and thorough when it comes to 8th house subjects (including astrology, psychology, intuition...) I can work best in critical situations (when I have a little time left, or when someone's life is seriously indangered- I always stay calm and ready to help). I guess I would be a good surgeon, and I even like to watch those 'Discovery Channel' documentaries on medicine,but I never understood chemistry,and I suppose I would never reach to that 2nd year of medical faculty.. :cry:

Overall, I tend to take everything too serious, have only few friends, but true ones; and when someone betrays me....I freak out! Even physically, I become ill...and then, I take my revenge :twisted:
And everything above mentioned includes sexual matters too,but,you see, I have venus & mars in 7th house in VIRGO, and I'm all about perfection... I just don't have the need to get into relationship unless the connection is really.....serious. I just don't know what superficiality means.

About my sudies..since I've always loved all kinds of art, I chosed this one thing that combines them all, along with philosophy, psychology and technics - architecture. That's what I'm studying now, but my real future profesion...who knows :?:

S

Samson23

lena said:
And everything above mentioned includes sexual matters too,but,you see, I have venus & mars in 7th house in VIRGO, and I'm all about perfection... I just don't have the need to get into relationship unless the connection is really.....serious. I just don't know what superficiality means.

Mars and venus really are in virgo, but they are also in 7th house...

L

lena

so what? That doesn't mean a thing, except that social contacts are very important to me, and that I care a lot about relationships with my close friends as well as enemies :roll: