Meditation help

morgthm

8c2a99bad7ec110d7147654166870363--spiritual-life-spiritual-awakening.jpg

Harsh, dude

morgthm

I think it's inverting that you find the edges of your consciousness. If I personally think of the space around me as the emptiness and consider it as form, it takes my feeling to the edges of what seems to be around me

david starling

I know. I am merely pointing out that imagining "the Source" as something different from yourself is an unnecessary step since you are already limitless existence. In this way, you are feeding the ego with the false notion that you are a small limited body/ego and there is something greater "out there" different from yourself in which you can "tap in".

Alan Watts was a wise man.

Yes. Wonder what he would have said about this Dalai Llama controversy. Speaking of wise men, I tend to think it was deliberate, and for a good reason. He's all about change for the better.

JUPITERASC

Quote from His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"How we view human nature :smile:
can mean the difference
between living in a world
filled with people who are perceived
as hostile, violent and dangerous,
or as essentially kind, helpful and gentle.
A deep awareness
of the essential goodness of human beings
can give us courage and hope."

65318093_10156849794063692_7597165378409594880_o.jpg

david starling

I know. I am merely pointing out that imagining "the Source" as something different from yourself is an unnecessary step since you are already limitless existence. In this way, you are feeding the ego with the false notion that you are a small limited body/ego and there is something greater "out there" different from yourself in which you can "tap in".

Yes, but it's like contraction and expansion. Breathing in and breathing out. Existence isn't static.

Last edited:

Cap

Yes, but it's like contraction and expansion. Breathing in and breathing out. Existence isn't static.

Meditate on this: “I am Awareness alone--Unity itself.”
Give up the idea that you are separate, a person,
that there is within and without.

You are not the body.
You do not have a body.
You neither do nor enjoy.
You are Awareness only--the timeless Witness.
You are free.
Go in happiness.

You are That in which the universe appears
like waves appearing in the ocean.
You are Consciousness itself.
No need to worry.

Whatever you perceive
is You and You alone.
How can bracelets, armlets and anklets
be other than the gold they are made of?

https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/Ashtavakra-Gita-ebook.pdf

morgthm

If you could store the structure of your areas of focus from meditating at one time in a sort of solid sense and reinsert it into yourself at a later, is it still necessarily meditation.
Is it simply a state of mind for health and calming or maybe inherently to allow for expansive ideas

Cap

If you could store the structure of your areas of focus from meditating at one time in a sort of solid sense and reinsert it into yourself at a later, is it still necessarily meditation.
Is it simply a state of mind for health and calming or maybe inherently to allow for expansive ideas

The goal of every meditation technique is to arrive in a state where the object of meditation, the subject (mind) and the process itself merge into one. In a sense, the whole method has been devised in order to trick the mind into disappearing. What's left, if successful, is pure awareness, your true nature.

This is what has been described as Sat-Chit-Ananda (Existence - Consciousness - Bliss) in ancient texts. In that state, there is no mind or memory and you are not concerned with health issues or ideas, such things exist only when mind/ego exists. One is timeless, formless, infinite Existence - Consciousness - Bliss.

morgthm

The goal of every meditation technique is to arrive in a state where the object of meditation, the subject (mind) and the process itself merge into one. In a sense, the whole method has been devised in order to trick the mind into disappearing. What's left, if successful, is pure awareness, your true nature.

This is what has been described as Sat-Chit-Ananda (Existence - Consciousness - Bliss) in ancient texts. In that state, there is no mind or memory and you are not concerned with health issues or ideas, such things exist only when mind/ego exists. One is timeless, formless, infinite Existence - Consciousness - Bliss.

I was considering the motion that perhaps Buddhist monks were able to store the structure of someone's mental state and reinsert it into them at a later date, rather than pulling them about. From one version of themselves to another. I personally think the results would be good for relaxation but not so much for dreaming, expanding much more, etc.
Just wondered if effortless meditation would still be considered as meditation to others
I'm aware enough that you need to feel effortless in your mind to expand, just wondered if was fixed as a verb as such

Cap

I was considering the motion that perhaps Buddhist monks were able to store the structure of someone's mental state and reinsert it into them at a later date, rather than pulling them about. From one version of themselves to another. I personally think the results would be good for relaxation but not so much for dreaming, expanding much more, etc.
Just wondered if effortless meditation would still be considered as meditation to others
I'm aware enough that you need to feel effortless in your mind to expand, just wondered if was fixed as a verb as such

Knowing the minds of others is one common minor siddhi (spiritual power) that may appear as a result of spiritual practice. I don't know if what you are suggesting is possible. However, realized yogi/saint can influence the state of mind of another person just by being in close proximity. He "radiates" calmness. The same is with Kundalini energy and Ahimsa power (non-violence).

morgthm

I was thinking now about how you can build things spiritually.. They'd definitely be able to build something that could store the thought and emotion structures from someone in a particular state and replicate it, right?
It's easy enough to talk to and control people on the other side of the world of you've got the mind to. Proximity is just suggestion in a sense

Cap

It's easy enough to talk to and control people on the other side of the world of you've got the mind to. Proximity is just suggestion in a sense

The influence on the mind of another person in close proximity is automatic and effortless. It requires no intention, it just happens by itself.

Psychic communication on a distance is a completely different phenomenon.

JUPITERASC

I was thinking now about how you can build things spiritually.. They'd definitely be able to build something that could store the thought and emotion structures from someone in a particular state and replicate it, right?
MRDm1718.webp

morgthm

Only manipulative people like to feel disconnected from the norm, even in harsher environments. Efficiency should always want to tie back to connectivity and nurturing and justify itself by helping others to a reasonable extent.
Sometimes, you just need to go to far and require verbal hints on why to turn back. Of course, lightheadedness from using too much energy on computations is a bit folly. But in the UK is a bit of a last freedom at the age of 15
After 10 years, I think some of the old suits are still in storage, just got to wait for my brain to heal from shooting at immorals from the sky and staying stubborn

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

When true realization dawns in one's mind
~ Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
https://justdharma.com/s/ck99j

🗝️Experiences are like mist: they will fade away :smile:
Practitioners who spend their time practicing in seclusion
are certain to have many different experiences, but
these experiences are very unreliable.
As it is said, experiences are like rainbows, but
the great meditator who runs after them like a child
will be deceived.
We may occasionally have flashes of clairvoyance,
seeing things we cannot ordinarily know.
We may have signs of accomplishment, or predictions
from the deity or the dakinis.
But such experiences in most cases
give rise to hope and expectation.
They are none other than the tricks of demons:
they simply cause obstacles.
When true realization dawns in one’s mind, it is like the king of mountains,
Mount Meru, which no wind can shake.
– Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
from the book "Zurchungpa's Testament"
available on amazon