Mars in the 12 house - underestimated/not taken seriously by others?

Arden

I was born with Mars in the 12 house, and for all of my life I've been treated like an airhead. I'm relatively intelligent, but no one ever takes me seriously. When I tell people of my goals, they're dismissive and condescending. "Well, good luck with that".

When I successfully complete said goals, people are utterly shocked. "Wow, I didn't know you had it in you!"! In a way, their low expectations of me sort of fuel my desire to achieve. "You think I can't do that? Well I'll show you!"

This isn't just my family being dismissive, this is everyone I've encountered in my life. I just give off the vibe of being stupid/dull/incapable of completing things.

I was wondering if Mars in the 12th causes this?

katydid

I was born with Mars in the 12 house, and for all of my life I've been treated like an airhead. I'm relatively intelligent, but no one ever takes me seriously. When I tell people of my goals, they're dismissive and condescending. "Well, good luck with that".

When I successfully complete said goals, people are utterly shocked. "Wow, I didn't know you had it in you!"! In a way, their low expectations of me sort of fuel my desire to achieve. "You think I can't do that? Well I'll show you!"

This isn't just my family being dismissive, this is everyone I've encountered in my life. I just give off the vibe of being stupid/dull/incapable of completing things.

Mars in the 12th can indicate this. But it takes more. Usually Mars would be afflicted by squares or oppositions from malefics, like Saturn or Pluto. And it might be in a weak placement by sign, like being in Cancer or Libra.

Mars in the 12th can also indicate a kind of passive-aggressive nature. And perhaps there is some kind of friction felt by others when they respond in that negative way. I don't know without seeing more about the Mars placement though.

It is great to heart that you do succeed in your ambitions/goals though. So maybe you do have a strong Mars placement to help that. :ninja:

Bambi95

Account Closed
Mars in the 12th can indicate this. But it takes more. Usually Mars would be afflicted by squares or oppositions from malefics, like Saturn or Pluto. And it might be in a weak placement by sign, like being in Cancer or Libra.

Mars in the 12th can also indicate a kind of passive-aggressive nature. And perhaps there is some kind of friction felt by others when they respond in that negative way. I don't know without seeing more about the Mars placement though.

It is great to heart that you do succeed in your ambitions/goals though. So maybe you do have a strong Mars placement to help that. :ninja:

Hmm, Katy, wouldn't say, Mars in Libra depend on the dignity of Venus? I understand Mars being in the 12th is a general setback as Mars cannot "Act" in the Cadent houses, so it's a weakening effect. But in this example, with Mars in Libra, if Venus were in dignity and Angular, say, in Taurus, which would put it in the 7th house. Wouldn't the Mars be stronger for it and thus less weak?

The OP should've mentioned what sign her/his Mars was in, or better yet, posted a chart.

katydid

Hmm, Katy, wouldn't say, Mars in Libra depend on the dignity of Venus? I understand Mars being in the 12th is a general setback as Mars cannot "Act" in the Cadent houses, so it's a weakening effect. But in this example, with Mars in Libra, if Venus were in dignity and Angular, say, in Taurus, which would put it in the 7th house. Wouldn't the Mars be stronger for it and thus less weak?

The OP should've mentioned what sign her/his Mars was in, or better yet, posted a chart.

You are exactly right. If the ruler of Mars is strong/exalted then the mars can be enhanced. And there are things that a 12th house mars can do successfully. They are often doctors, healers, artists,----12th house occupations.

But the OP did say that they are constantly underestimated. So makes me think that their Mars is under some kind of tension.

Bambi95

Account Closed
Thanks for confirming Katy! :D

Going from OP's post history (2 posts in) she/he says they have Mars square Pluto, which could mean they have it in Either, Leo/Aquarius for Scorpio Pluto gen or Pisces/Virgo for Sag Pluto gen or Capricorn/Cancer for Libra Pluto gen.

We'll just have to wait for an update now. :ninja:

Lunamysterium

Have you looked at Mars aspects to your ascendent or midhaven? Those aspects are how we are perceived by peers and in reputation. Perhaps your ascendant/MC aspects reveal why people may see you this way.
I too have Mars in the 12th. Your 12th house mars may conjunct your ascendant.

Claire19

Mars in the 12th is not indicative of being seen as an airhead. We need to see your whole chart to make any assessment.

Intelligence, learning skills and general IQ belong to Mercury and the third house.
Goals are the 10th house especially career. Good on you for taking a negative influence and using it to succeed.

LovelyMissAries

I have Mars in the 12th and nobody doubts me! I'm not discounting it could happen, but it's not true in my case. If anything my Mars causes me to doubt my own abilities but others put way more confidence in me.

Arden

Sorry it took so long to reply, I've been sick. Thank you for all the replies!

I attached my chart. I have a lot of Mars interactions.

Attachments

• chartmychart.jpg
    chartmychart.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 30