HUMOUR...how does it show in your chart?

Sanaqua

Re: jokes and humor, to I cee

I read somewhere that position of Moon also defines sense of humour. I dont know about which planet exactly if not Moon.

I dont like any jokes which always seem to be sarcastic, making no connection with what a person really is. I like Scientific jokes and jokes which are really funny. Among friends, we tease each other a lot, we mock each other and call by names, make jokes from what we read in class, parodies, imitating funny styles of teachers etc. But i dont like nasty, toilet or too vulgar jokes. But if i choose sarcastic jokes, well, i am too good at it. When i laugh with friends, i forget my worries.

I have Moon in Cancer in 3rd, Mercury in Capri in 10th, Jupiter in Aqua in 11th. Taurus AC.

I cee

i present my humor in a jolly, witty, and sometimes, mischievous manner with a dry and dark sarcastic delivery that makes people very uncomfortable (Libra 1st house Jup conj Saturn both conj AC, 1st house Pluto, Jup conj Saturn both squaring Gemini Mercury in 9th). I think nearly everything is funny (Jupiter conj AC), even the dark evil stuff I laugh the loudest because i think that's the funninest (Pluto 1st trines Venus 9th).

Hi May28gemini, I agree jupiter has to laugh! Lol. I think Saturn there gives an understanding of the hardships of human nature, but has a great knack of laughing at life and not taking oneself so seriously, although this could be a cloak of hiding whats sensitive underneath maybe?
I feel some comedians are great at bringing all of lifes taboos and human insecurities to light, including the dark stuff, which like you say can be the funniest because it hits a nerve in all of us!

Yes, Wilsontc, jupiter is jovial and childish and its twin mercury/gemini are irrevocably linked, gemini, jokes...interesting!

Sanaqua, yes the moon and emotions must be linked to humour, how we feel, what stirs us.
Scientific jokes?........I would like to hear some of them!
Would love to hear what comedians you all like that reflect your type of 'funny'??

Caro

Im scorpio rising with neptune in first house. I used to mimic people when I was younger.

I use humour particularly at work to lighten up intense situations(meetings - which I hate). I use it a lot to help with work relations generally.

merc conj moon in pisces at 8/9 degrees not quite opposite uranus in viirgo 23 degrees. gemini is 8th house which is empty.

I have even made doctors laugh when telling me bad news. So I guess self depreciating humour. tripping them up on the detail of what they have said. (so again intense)

I also have quite a dry humour and can be quite sarcastic - it can be quite stinging but would only use that in certain situations.

jupiter in cancer in 9th - I enjoy visits to comedy clubs etc.

M

may28gemini

Hi May28gemini, I agree jupiter has to laugh! Lol. I think Saturn there gives an understanding of the hardships of human nature, but has a great knack of laughing at life and not taking oneself so seriously, although this could be a cloak of hiding whats sensitive underneath maybe?
I feel some comedians are great at bringing all of lifes taboos and human insecurities to light, including the dark stuff, which like you say can be the funniest because it hits a nerve in all of us!

WOW!! Thank you so much! That's absolutely true!! Humor is just another form of defense mechanism. I tend to resort to humor rather than other "emotion" because it's the easiest for me. I had what would be called a "rough" childhood and the environment were cold and not fun/playful. I learned to survive by finding the funny in everything to make life bearable. A lot of the time, people don't understand why I laugh at things. Part of it is I am happy, despite difficulties, but the other part is, I refuse to be bogged down by the reality that I face so often. Even when I "argue" with people, I'm laughing a lot. People often get thrown off or a bit freaked out that I can laugh at some really scary, taboo things. The Jup/Sat square Mercury creates a split between expressing what is socially appropriate vs. what's expressed regardless of social boundaries. I have Pluto 1st trine Mercury 9th which is a love for all things psychological and gives susceptibility to possessing a dark, mischievous sense of humor. Humor is a really HUGE part of my identity and how I present myself.

I cee

Im scorpio rising with neptune in first house. I used to mimic people when I was younger.

I use humour particularly at work to lighten up intense situations(meetings - which I hate). I use it a lot to help with work relations generally.

merc conj moon in pisces at 8/9 degrees not quite opposite uranus in viirgo 23 degrees. gemini is 8th house which is empty.

I have even made doctors laugh when telling me bad news. So I guess self depreciating humour. tripping them up on the detail of what they have said. (so again intense)

I also have quite a dry humour and can be quite sarcastic - it can be quite stinging but would only use that in certain situations.

Hi caro, another mimic! Interesting!
Is that down to the moon and mercury conjunction? (My partner has moon gemini and loves to mimic.)
Self depreciating, a conj in pisces. A Neptune theme?
But with scorpio rising and merc ruling 8th, I'm watching out for that sting lol!

poyi

Premium Member

I cee,

You asked:

I think of "humor" as being big, jovial, and so I associate it with Sagittarius :)sagittarius:), Jupiter :)jupiter:), and 9th house. On the other hand, I think of "jokes" as being short, to the point pranks and the opposite of "humor" so I associate "jokes" with Gemini :)gemini:), Mercury :)mercury:), and 3rd house.

Analyzing humor,

Tim

I do have Jupiter in Sagittarius in 4th conjunct IC so square AC and DC opposite to Gemini 10th, ruler of 4th and 7th by rulership over Neptune in 4th, 7th cusp in Pisces.

Mercury in 3rd Scorpio, sextile by Moon Capricorn 5th and Mars in Virgo 1st. Sun conjuncts Saturn and Mercury in 3rd house. Mercury rules my Virgo ascendant and 10th house for work also public image.

I have a good sense of humor, sometime people say they are happy, feeling positive when they talk to me and find me very funny not because I was making joke but they like my facial expressions and the way I laugh and smile.

I also notice I like men with really good sense of humor.

I also laugh very very loud.... laugh like an opera singer. Why and how? I laugh from the tummy, the real good laughter type. You can hear me laughing from far far far away lol :biggrin:

poyi

Premium Member

This is interesting....I often make my cancer patients laugh and even the family members of dying patient smile and have hope for the after death. I wonder that has anything to do with Mercury in Scorpio in western and Jupiter in Scorpio in sidereal. My Saturn conjunct Sun both in Scorpio and in sidereal, Saturn exalts in Libra.

I can be sarcastic for sure. :cool:

Caro

iCee - moon conj mer definitely adds a 'gemini' influence with emotion though. :wink:

just wanted to add - Im also saturn in pisces in 5th - I dont like bawdy humour ie Benny Hill or indeed Mr Bean(he makes me cringe) loved Fawlty Towers. That is a classic such a great send up of Englishness!:pinched:.

yes seeing humour in even the darkest places helps to lighten the load.

I cee

Hi Caro,
Faulty towers, yes great englishness,hehe!

You read my mind....I was wondering where your saturn was!

Here's a link to one of my fav comedians....just a taster

I'm tweeting him as I speak here, cos I really want to know his time of birth
This is his flat chart set at noon

4be97a02.jpg

I'm thinking he must have a capricorn/saturn first house, he has that impish face with the ahhhhhhh..... Cancer axis

Here's a link to his performance. I love, love this guy!
He doesn't even have to say anything, his face tells it all, and typifiers english cynicism.
ENJOY!

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V689seDMjo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

Caro

yeah Jack Dee - only 5 foot nothing. very dry humour and great stage presence. he has hosted Have I got news for you.....also very funny.

I dont know why I think taurus rising - he has put on a lot of weight slowly over the years(being short cant help) so agree an earth rising. he is quite solid on stage. I couldnt make out the chart - as I could not enlarge it.

I cee

I also notice I like men with really good sense of humor

I also laugh very very loud.... laugh like an opera singer. Why and how? I laugh from the tummy, the real good laughter type. You can hear me laughing from far far far away lol :biggrin:

Yes, there's something irresistible about a man that can make you laugh!

That's the best kind of laugh........from the heart and tummy!

Care to add what kind of comedians you like and perhaps put up a chart? Maybe?

I cee

Hi Caro,

Yes 5ft nothing! Haha

Made chart bigger, whatdaya think!

Your'e right, he's just got to be earth!

Can't believe he's got a Libra sun and mercury, just doesn't fit somehow??

You know what, I'm looking at his face, maybe Aries Asc, eyebrows?

He looks a little like Jack Nicholson......what's his ascendent?

Must look that up!

Last edited:

Caro

yes Icee it now! :biggrin:

he could have stared in the 'hobbit' :tongue:

another thought was mars on asc with merc. gemini would be 9th house.as he has that serious demeanor but is never offensive(libra) moon in aries, I did see him interviewed once and he was very private about his family( probably a little romantic at heart) moon in 7th if libra rising.

there again aries asc would be softened by the moon.

see what tweets back at you. :andy:

poyi

Premium Member

Yes, there's something irresistible about a man that can make you laugh!

That's the best kind of laugh........from the heart and tummy!

Care to add what kind of comedians you like and perhaps put up a chart? Maybe?

I don't have a particular kind of comedians that I really like. I can get all kind of jokes quite well. I laugh easily. :lol:

I cee

yes Icee it now! :biggrin:

he could have stared in the 'hobbit' :tongue:

another thought was mars on asc with merc. gemini would be 9th house.as he has that serious demeanor but is never offensive(libra) moon in aries, I did see him interviewed once and he was very private about his family( probably a little romantic at heart) moon in 7th if libra rising.

there again aries asc would be softened by the moon.

see what tweets back at you. :andy:

Lol:biggrin:

Poor guy, your'e gonna give him a complex, size isn't everything! Lol:whistling:

He hasn't tweeted yet, tut,tut!

I agree I think mars is strong there, although in Libra he has a conj in merc/mars, both sq jup and saturn, which really comes over
Moon at the asc either in the 12 th or 1st would give him an innate gift for plugging into the public.

Fyrefly

I've always felt like I had to be careful with whom I reveal my sense of humor to because it gets me into trouble. In fact, I think I'm one of the least funny people on the planet, except my friends disagree. My sense of humor comes out as dry, sarcastic and biting sometimes, especially when confronted with blatant hypocrisy on the part of politics and religion. I laugh at comedians who poke fun at those things. I am also wary of comedians whose humor has a mean tone to it. David Letterman comes to mind. I frequently like him, but his humor has a mean spirited tone to it. I don't like humor that is at the expense of someone who can't defend themselves. Sometimes Letterman goes there. I prefer Jay Leno.

My absolute favorites are Craig Ferguson, Jon Stewart, and Robin Williams. Craig Ferguson I especially love because he gets a glint in his eye and I know he's about to say something I'm probably thinking but don't dare say out loud because I will come off looking like a jerk. He gets away with it and I love it. I can' tell you how many times I've taken a drink of something, only to have it come out my nose because he's said something funny. Also, when Brittany Spears was having her meltdown a while back, he refused to do jokes about it. I respect him for that. Hmm. We have a Venus/Mars conjunction. That probably explains why I like him.

Jon Stewart I love because he skewers both sides of the politial aisle with glee. He will go after people and institutions that have it coming.

Robin Williams, because he makes me laugh until I can't breath. At the same time there is something quite vulnerable about him. He and I have an exact Sun/Jupiter conjunction as well as ASC/ASC conjunctions,, which probably explains why I like him.

What can I say? I like smart, funny men. Also just about everything Monty Python ever did.

Last edited:

I cee

Hi Fyrefly, What a fantastic link!

Very,very interesting, comedy duo's, yes, the straight guy and the funny childlike one, so Saturn and Moon!
The timing, Saturn has to deliver that immpecible timing!!

I think this is so true!

"Great comedy is alchemy for it often involves the transmutation of painful circumstances into abandon and joy."

It's also interesting about the outer planets bringing in a type of humour of the time!

Brilliant article:biggrin:

Caro

Also, when Brittany Spears was having her meltdown a while back, he refused to do jokes about it. I respect him for that.

Robin Williams, because he makes me laugh until I can't breath. At the same time there is something quite vulnerable about him. He and I have an exact Sun/Jupiter conjunction as well as ASC/ASC conjunctions,, which probably explains why I like him.
Robin Williams is the only one I know from your list. I do like him - he has great humour but you also get a sense of great compassion. this came across in some of his movie roles.

Brittany - melt down - I agree. I was staggered by the interest in her every move at that time and the cruelty of people's comments/coverage in media.

the link is an interesting article.