will i be able to overcome ocd?

neptunian

Hi,
my question; will i be able to overcome ocd?
after 20, I've begun to suffer from ocd (cleanliness); it affects my daily life. Can you please look at the chart?

Jupiter is my significator and it is weak. in capricorn, retrograde, seperating from malefics

It doesn't seem hopeful. What do you think?

Attachments

• williovercomeocd.jpg
    williovercomeocd.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 43

waybread

Have you consulted a psychologist or had a referral to a psychiatrist for ocd? That's what I would recommend.

I think covid-19 has been especially tough on people with ocd, due to heightened concern with health and cleanliness.

Does yours manifest as repeated hand-washing? Mercury rules the hands, and your Mercury in watery Cancer applies to a square with an angry, hurt-looking Mars-Chiron.

I wonder if somehow you feel the need to punish yourself. I say that also because the sun, co-significator of your 6th house of health, is just past those heavy Capricorn planets opposite your sun. Someone with this aspect natally would probably feel that they were doing a lot of things wrong. (I have this aspect.)

I just read that excercise is a good treatment for ocd that people can do at home to reduce anxiety. This makes a lot of sense, because Mars also rules athletes.

The moon is void-of-the-course, so I think this problem will be with you for a while, but that there are some practical measures you can take to diminish the impact. I think starting with an appointment (probably via phone or Skype/zoom with your family doctor (walk-in clinics will probably post how they handle appointments.).

I don't know where you live, but if you're in the US and paying for mental health treatment would be problematic for you, there are United Way agencies that should be able to help. (In the past my husband and I got marriage counseling through Catholic Fmaily Services-- you don't have to be Catholic and there is no religious trip on clients.)

Good luck with this, and please let us know how you get on.

Last edited:

neptunian

Have you consulted a psychologist or had a referral to a psychiatrist for ocd? That's what I would recommend.

I think covid-19 has been especially tough on people with ocd, due to heightened concern with health and cleanliness.

Does yours manifest as repeated hand-washing? Mercury rules the hands, and your Mercury in watery Cancer applies to a square with an angry, hurt-looking Mars-Chiron.

I wonder if somehow you feel the need to punish yourself. I say that also because the sun, co-significator of your 6th house of health, is just past those heavy Capricorn planets opposite your sun. Someone with this aspect natally would probably feel that they were doing a lot of things wrong. (I have this aspect.)

I just read that excercise is a good treatment for ocd that people can do at home to reduce anxiety. This makes a lot of sense, because Mars also rules athletes.

The moon is void-of-the-course, so I think this problem will be with you for a while, but that there are some practical measures you can take to diminish the impact. I think starting with an appointment (probably via phone or Skype/zoom with your family doctor (walk-in clinics will probably post how they handle appointments.).

I don't know where you live, but if you're in the US and paying for mental health treatment would be problematic for you, there are United Way agencies that should be able to help. (In the past my husband and I got marriage counseling through Catholic Fmaily Services-- you don't have to be Catholic and there is no religious trip on clients.)

Good luck with this, and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks a lot for your attention and answer waybread :)

Yes, exactly! repeated handwashing etc, thinking about whether something clean or not. I've become very cautious. covid19 also increased it.

I consulted a psychologist; but didn't help. I need to solve it myself. I need change actually.

I don't have an urge to punish myself consciously; but I don't know if i have it unconsciously. I have a bad relationship with my father; i think it is the cause of my problems. I don't have enough positivity around me to get over it right now. But i will do my best.

Thanks for your good wishes:love: Ok, i will update here.

tikana

Hi,
my question; will i be able to overcome ocd?
after 20, I've begun to suffer from ocd (cleanliness); it affects my daily life. Can you please look at the chart?

Jupiter is my significator and it is weak. in capricorn, retrograde, seperating from malefics

It doesn't seem hopeful. What do you think?

It is not looking good. At least You can't beat it on your own
A. Asce is early stage (nothing to do with rules of judgement)
B. Jupiter is extremly weak retro plus conj saturn which rules 12th house
c. jupiter is not backed by venus (usually we want a positive planet aspecting your afflicted one)
d. if we take merc for a therapist we will see that merc will sq mars (lord of your 2nd - self esteeem something you are holding on to) and the it will oppose jup (at least we have that)
e. another problem is 10th house for a treatment it is not effective or wont be effective.
d. Moon's condition doesnt really bother me since it is conj desc so if you were asking when you should look towards therapy id say 9 months
that is when jup will be recorvering.
f. you want jupiter to enter aquarius (again 9 units) to see any kind of improvement.

Tik

neptunian

It is not looking good. At least You can't beat it on your own
A. Asce is early stage (nothing to do with rules of judgement)
B. Jupiter is extremly weak retro plus conj saturn which rules 12th house
c. jupiter is not backed by venus (usually we want a positive planet aspecting your afflicted one)
d. if we take merc for a therapist we will see that merc will sq mars (lord of your 2nd - self esteeem something you are holding on to) and the it will oppose jup (at least we have that)
e. another problem is 10th house for a treatment it is not effective or wont be effective.
d. Moon's condition doesnt really bother me since it is conj desc so if you were asking when you should look towards therapy id say 9 months
that is when jup will be recorvering.
f. you want jupiter to enter aquarius (again 9 units) to see any kind of improvement.

Tik

Thanks a lot for your detailed interpretation, tikana.

I went to a psychologist before; but yes it wasn't effective.
Ok, i will take into consideration your suggestion about timing if i decide to consult again.

I think I must change my life and lifestyle first.

the chart doesn't look that promising, it will take time...

Thanks for your attention tikana. :)

tikana

Thanks a lot for your detailed interpretation, tikana.

I went to a psychologist before; but yes it wasn't effective.
Ok, i will take into consideration your suggestion about timing if i decide to consult again.

I think I must change my life and lifestyle first.

the chart doesn't look that promising, it will take time...

Thanks for your attention tikana. :)

Usually we check the previous aspect of Lunar aspect and any planets separting from Lord of asce but within the orb so see what worked, what didn't work and what lead to the question.

Here we have Moon sextiling Venus as a last aspect. lord of 3rd house (consultation) in 4th house
So the attempt is there but there is no fruitful ending because Moon is not receiving Venus by any major dignity and venus is not dignified + below the horizon (in the darkeness) with no reception to Moon .. venus rejects jupiter.

Interestingly Jupiter had been void (nothing separates from Jupiter)
That is why I am leaning to say wait until jup hits Aquarius.

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
All,

As a reminder, please ensure each of your posts contains SOME astrology in it. Posts without ANY astrology will be deleted.

About the astrology,

Tim

neptunian

Usually we check the previous aspect of Lunar aspect and any planets separting from Lord of asce but within the orb so see what worked, what didn't work and what lead to the question.

Here we have Moon sextiling Venus as a last aspect. lord of 3rd house (consultation) in 4th house
So the attempt is there but there is no fruitful ending because Moon is not receiving Venus by any major dignity and venus is not dignified + below the horizon (in the darkeness) with no reception to Moon .. venus rejects jupiter.

Interestingly Jupiter had been void (nothing separates from Jupiter)
That is why I am leaning to say wait until jup hits Aquarius.

Thanks for your help tikana. I need to solve myself first, change certain things.
Astrology really helps; I can't interpret well on my own.

Thanks a lot for your interpretations. :love:

waybread

neptunian, you might give psychologists another try. I've dealt with several psychologists or counselors over the years. They are not all helpful, but if you find a good one whom you respect, I think it can make a big difference.

Psychology is ruled by Uranus. Uranus and Mercury (rules the hands) make an exact sextile, i. e., a beneficial aspect.

Then Mercury also rules your Venus in Gemini conjunct the IC. You might find depth psychology to be beneficial.

neptunian

neptunian, you might give psychologists another try. I've dealt with several psychologists or counselors over the years. They are not all helpful, but if you find a good one whom you respect, I think it can make a big difference.

Psychology is ruled by Uranus. Uranus and Mercury (rules the hands) make an exact sextile, i. e., a beneficial aspect.

Then Mercury also rules your Venus in Gemini conjunct the IC. You might find depth psychology to be beneficial.

I agree with you waybread. Finding a good one is a thing. People graduate and get certificates; it is necessary, but not enough. Inner understanding and empathy these are needed first. The one I went was a capricorn. I asked his sun sign; he looked at me as if I asked sth weird. :lol: He said he doesn't believe in astrology- was judgmental about sth he doesn't know... so yes finding a good one who is really understanding is important.
I will do my best to overcome ocd.

Thanks for your attention waybread. :)

:love:

Last edited:

Vanja

@neptunian Hi 😊 not really an expert, but I had some OCD pattern of behavior which would worsened when I was under stress. Actually, the more I cleaned (for example keyboards at work, since I worked in shifts, after other people) the more I got sick. Sterile cleansines ist not healthy (at least that's what I've concluded). A conscious effort to realize that nothing bad will happen to you if you let go of excessive washing etc will help you move past this thing. Try a day at a time. 😊 Getting rid of all things that opress you would be the way out of any illness in my opinion (including this state). What's important is that YOU have decided that YOU want to be happy! I often joke with people I am on rehab from cleaning 😂 All the best to you! I agree that the door will open for you when the Jupiter goes directly!

neptunian

@neptunian Hi 😊 not really an expert, but I had some OCD pattern of behavior which would worsened when I was under stress. Actually, the more I cleaned (for example keyboards at work, since I worked in shifts, after other people) the more I got sick. Sterile cleansines ist not healthy (at least that's what I've concluded). A conscious effort to realize that nothing bad will happen to you if you let go of excessive washing etc will help you move past this thing. Try a day at a time. 😊 Getting rid of all things that opress you would be the way out of any illness in my opinion (including this state). What's important is that YOU have decided that YOU want to be happy! I often joke with people I am on rehab from cleaning 😂 All the best to you! I agree that the door will open for you when the Jupiter goes directly!

Vanja, Hi :)

Thanks so much for your attention and encouraging me :)

Hope you overcame it and feel better right now. :) Mine began after twenties. Now i am thirthy-one. When pluto entered capricorn firstly anxiety problems then ocd began and still going on.. it came in many different ways.. hopefully not too severe.. but enough to affect my life... that fears omg:biggrin: really difficult to get rid of that fearful thoughts when they came... You undersand me. The one who experiences knows how anxious the mind gets.
As you said, I need to overcome it step by step each day. I try to calm my mind observing other people who don't get anxious about these details about cleanliness. I'm not much successful right now. I will do my best because as you said I want to be happy, without over-thinking anymore. I need to be a little carefree.

Thanks for your support and good wishes Vanja. :love: :)

Vanja

@neptunian hi :smile:
you are welcome! I understand you completely! You have to take one day at a time and PRACTICE!
Try to explain things to yourself logically! Have you ever seen the movie "A beautiful mind"? A famous mathematician John Nash suffered from paranoid schizophrenia! He fought the disease logically! Think logically and you will conquer your OCD. The most important thing to realize is that too much of anything (including cleanliness) is a BAD thing, which is affecting your life negatively. If John Nesh could defeat paranoid schizophrenia, you can beat this!
Another thing. You are too nice! hehe... What do I mean by that? I mean, that you need to grow a thicker skin and don't care what anyone says, and do the things that make YOU HAPPY! :smile:
Don't make up excuses. Stop it today. I wish you all the best! :smile:

neptunian

@neptunian hi :smile:
you are welcome! I understand you completely! You have to take one day at a time and PRACTICE!
Try to explain things to yourself logically! Have you ever seen the movie "A beautiful mind"? A famous mathematician John Nash suffered from paranoid schizophrenia! He fought the disease logically! Think logically and you will conquer your OCD. The most important thing to realize is that too much of anything (including cleanliness) is a BAD thing, which is affecting your life negatively. If John Nesh could defeat paranoid schizophrenia, you can beat this!
Another thing. You are too nice! hehe... What do I mean by that? I mean, that you need to grow a thicker skin and don't care what anyone says, and do the things that make YOU HAPPY! :smile:
Don't make up excuses. Stop it today. I wish you all the best! :smile:

Hi Vanja. :)

I watched it. His problem is really difficult.

People are suffering from very different things. May God help everybody!

I lessened washing my hands these days.:) as you said, when i clean, more and more cleaning. no end to it. Actually this corona increased my Ocd when it first began. I feel better these days. because before 20, i wasn't obsessing over this cleanliness thing. I remember those days when i was more carefree and relaxed, so i will get rid of it. :smile:

Yeah, how did you catch my too niceness. :) haha. I think it is my disposition I'm too kind which i also don't like anymore. Because not everybody kind as much as me. I definitely need to grow a thicker skin in life. When i get rid of my cleanliness obsession, i will go towards my goals better. so yes, I will stop it.
Thanks soo much for your support Vanja. :love:

I wish you the best, too. :)

Vanja

@neptunian it's very hard, I know. I am glad you are doing better 😊 you will get there! It takes time.
Brain wants to do familiar things. So, u need to practice new routine every day. It takes a month for something to become a habit.
Anyway, I think everything happens for a reason and everything that doesn't kills us makes us stronger heheh... Send a message how u r doing... Btw. Try checking out Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It was recommended to me. I haven't had much time,but I will look into it (I saw a book about it on udemy.com)...

neptunian

@neptunian it's very hard, I know. I am glad you are doing better �� you will get there! It takes time.
Brain wants to do familiar things. So, u need to practice new routine every day. It takes a month for something to become a habit.
Anyway, I think everything happens for a reason and everything that doesn't kills us makes us stronger heheh... Send a message how u r doing... Btw. Try checking out Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It was recommended to me. I haven't had much time,but I will look into it (I saw a book about it on udemy.com)...

I believe life is a test. All of us are tested differently. Yes, I feel stronger lately. I hope you are doing well too.

I know i will give importance to cleanliness always :)) but obsession is another thing of course. excessive hand-washing etc. controlling whether something is clean or not. :lol: I will stop over-thinking this things. that is our exam i think. I know a person who overcame ocd. we will get over Vanja. no more ocd, relaxed mind. We will control our mind. Yes, i heard it we need to practise a certain time to make something a habit. Ok, i will send you message. You too.

Pluto in capricorn started my ocd, pluto in late cap, i feel better. I agree with that saying what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

I'll check it. If you don't mind sending me your birth chart, please send me pm Vanja. Let's look at your chart.:)

Thanks for all your support. :)

Vanja

@neptunian My problems also begun 10 years ago with Pluto in Capricorn... Sure 😊 I'll send tomorrow from the computer... 😊