Last month of ketu antardasha

London89

hi all,

What are the implications of the remaining days of ketu antardasha? Anything I have to be cautious about?
My last 1 year has not been very good... lots of problems from jobs, to personal life to health. Not been able to breathe peacefully. Recently, on the 17th March, I fell sick and 2 days later had to be hospitalised. After different tests & results it was proved that I have severe pneumonia and I was luckily saved :sad: 2 weeks in the hospital with two minor surgeries, weak health and lots of other complications. Now, health is improving but I've a minor injury on my left leg (sudden).

The reason i'm asking this question is, next week on the 5th of July I am going abroad for more than 2 weeks, so do I need to be careful of anything. Any hints/suggestions about the remaining days of ketu antardasha. I don't want ketu to create any further hurdle apart from what it has already done.

Somebody told me that I am running Jupiter Mahadasha & Ketu Antardasha which ends on 28th July, after that I shall start Jupiter Mahadasha & Venus Antardasha.

Another question is if Jupiter is supposed to be good and I am running the Mahadasha then why so many unnecessary hurdles?

Regards

Last edited:

muchacho

There are two versions of Vimshottari Dasha. It depends on your Moon at time of birth, bright half or dark half. Dasha sequences for dark half and bright half are calculated differently. Most don't know that and so they use the wrong Dasha sequence which then obviously makes no sense. Also, Antardashas (sub-periods) are more important than Mahadasha periods in terms of actual specific manifestations.

Last edited:

London89

There are two versions of Vimshottari Dasha. It depends on your Moon at time of birth, bright half or dark half. Dasha sequences for dark half and bright half are calculated differently. Most don't know that and so they use the wrong Dasha sequence which then obviously makes no sense. Also, Antardashas (sub-periods) are more important than Mahadasha periods in terms of actual specific manifestations.

Right, So what should it be according to you?...

muchacho

It's correct. Main period Jupiter, sub-period Ketu. Although Jupiter is a natural benefic, this doesn't mean that the Dasha periods are necessarily auspicious. Your Jupiter is retrograde, located in the 12th and lord of 6th and 9th. Ketu, a natural malefic is located in Lagna. So this doesn't look very auspicious for wealth and especially health. And your Sun isn't very strong anyway. And so as long as you just passively go along with this you'll probably feel mostly the negative effects of those Dasha periods. There's always a way out though, you are never doomed to only feel those negative influences, but it requires some effort on your part.

London89

It's correct. Main period Jupiter, sub-period Ketu. Although Jupiter is a natural benefic, this doesn't mean that the Dasha periods are necessarily auspicious. Your Jupiter is retrograde, located in the 12th and lord of 6th and 9th. Ketu, a natural malefic is located in Lagna. So this doesn't look very auspicious for wealth and especially health. And your Sun isn't very strong anyway. And so as long as you just passively go along with this you'll probably feel mostly the negative effects of those Dasha periods. There's always a way out though, you are never doomed to only feel those negative influences, but it requires some effort on your part.

Thanks for your reply... I know that part already through a little bit of studying from my own side. But my question is different, I want to know what kind of effects can ketu show depending on his placement in my chart in his last few days since end of July its ending... Is it going to be very worse/worse/bad/mitigate towards the end? Anything I should be careful of like water bodies- sea etc?...

muchacho

Ketu is located in the last Drekkana of the sign. Planets that are in the last Drekkana are most potent during the last part of their Dasha period. For retrograde planets the opposite is true, they are most influential during the first part of their Dasha period. Which means the worst of this Ketu sub-period is already over. Also, Ketu is in Lagna, which is the 2nd from Jupiter and Jupiter is in the 12th from Ketu. Lagna affects all parts of your life, 12th far away places. So I guess intuitively you already know the question to your answer, right?

London89

Ketu is located in the last Drekkana of the sign. Planets that are in the last Drekkana are most potent during the last part of their Dasha period. For retrograde planets the opposite is true, they are most influential during the first part of their Dasha period. Which means the worst of this Ketu sub-period is already over. Also, Ketu is in Lagna, which is the 2nd from Jupiter and Jupiter is in the 12th from Ketu. Lagna affects all parts of your life, 12th far away places. So I guess intuitively you already know the question to your answer, right?

12th from any house signifies loss, am I right? and since jupiter is in the 12th house and owner of the 6th & 9th that means loss of job and fortune in foreign lands? Spiritual studies in foreign lands? search of guru? or may be disputes and litigations, jails in foreign lands? Oh my God! ... Did I understand you well? So, if I interpreted well there's nothing good in it. eh?

I got the point that Ketu in lagna isn't generally good meaning bad for health mostly but what other things can we infer from this placement? What about its aspect on the 7th house where Rahu is there? and what does 2nd from Jupiter would mean? Does it mean loss of wealth?

muchacho

The Dasha periods just show general tendencies. For specifics you have to look at the actual transits (from Moon and from Lagna plus from Dasha lords). Which means even during inauspicious Dasha periods there may be auspicious transits (and vice versa).

But as a general rule of thumb, if you want to go abroad but fear you may get hurt or suffer some kind of loss by doing so, then don't go no matter what the chart says (if that's an option). Your moment to moment thoughts are way more powerful than those Dashas and transits. You can turn inauspicious results into auspicious ones and auspicious one's into inauspicious ones. So I suggest you don't take everything you read literally. Good luck!

London89

The Dasha periods just show general tendencies. For specifics you have to look at the actual transits (from Moon and from Lagna plus from Dasha lords). Which means even during inauspicious Dasha periods there may be auspicious transits (and vice versa).

But as a general rule of thumb, if you want to go abroad but fear you may get hurt or suffer some kind of loss by doing so, then don't go no matter what the chart says (if that's an option). Your moment to moment thoughts are way more powerful than those Dashas and transits. You can turn inauspicious results into auspicious ones and auspicious one's into inauspicious ones. So I suggest you don't take everything you read literally. Good luck!

Returned well & good... Good trip also. Thanks for your remarks.