Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

david starling

The media LOVES Trump's jokes, the more outrageous the better. They get ratings from them, and they get impatient when he slows down on making them. When he does slow down, they make some up for him.

One recent one, which he set up for them, involved the completely gratuitous comment he made about George Floyd being "happy", and that it was "a good day for George" during a speech about how well the employment figures were looking. He never said George was happy because of the good employment figures, which was good, because the one ethnic group they hadn't improved for was George's. But, there was the comment, dangling for no apparent reason in the middle of a speech about the economy, with no reason given for just why it was a good day for someone who had recently died.

That was just too tempting, so, the media made up the joke for Trump, "put words into his mouth", and claimed that Trump had said that George Floyd was "happy" because the economy was improving. This brought howls of disapproval from Trump supporters, which the Media seemed to enjoy, the way Trump enjoys howls of disapproval from Democrats.

Another alleged Trump-joke was just foisted on Jared Kushner as Trump's spokesman, again, nothing Trump said, in fact just the opposite. It's about postponing the Election for some unspecified, but presumably nefarious reason. It was cleverly done by experienced journalists, and they had fun doing it.

Well, Trump himself tried to put words into the mouths of Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders, claiming that they had agreed with and signed off on a declaration that included defunding and/or abolishing the police departments. But, a pesky Fox journalist caught him on it and Trump had to, very uncharacteristically, admit he was mistaken.

Last edited:

david starling

It's kind of like a tennis match, with both sides putting as much spin as possible on the ball, and shouting at the referee that the opponent had gone out of bounds!

leomoon

Obama got the economy back on track after a severe recession that began before he was elected, and eliminated "pre-existing conditions" from health insurance policies. I don't recall rampant, widespread, ongoing violence and an uncontrolled pandemic during Obama's time in office.

Btw, we didn't "get rid of Obama"--he served the entire 8 years as President allowed by the Constitution.

Also, unlike Bush Jr. and Trump, he won both the Electoral AND the Popular Vote.

And, unlike Clinton and Trump, he gave the opposition Party no reason to Impeach him.

MOST importantly, Obama didn't turn Americans against Americans, including their own family members. That's Trump's legacy.

It appears some of his negative karma of recent times will catch up with him via the transits of March 2021. Even the Inauguration day of Jan. 21st, does not appear to be him.

In March specifically, Tr Saturn will be over his Ceres in the 6th of civil lawsuits. (Vedic Astrology taught me that indeed, the 6th is also about civil lawsuits of which I was embroiled in many in my day as a landlord years ago) Anyway, Saturn over his 6th in March of 2021, is accompanied by tr Jupiter at 22°AQ opposed to his natal Mars in the 12th at 26°Leo. This may be the downfall of Regulus, and suggests health issues.

In any regard, I don't think he'll be there on Inauguration Day.

leomoon

His last sit down interview with Chris Wallace was nothing more then a rant for 45 minutes. This sums it up:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/trump-wallowing-self-pity/614434/

Peter Wehner: The president is unraveling
Donald Trump is a psychologically broken, embittered, and deeply unhappy man. He is so gripped by his grievances, such a prisoner of his resentments, that even the most benevolent question from an interviewer—what good parts of your presidency would you like to be remembered for?—triggered a gusher of discontent.

david starling

His last sit down interview with Chris Wallace was nothing more then a rant for 45 minutes. This sums it up:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/trump-wallowing-self-pity/614434/

Peter Wehner: The president is unraveling
Donald Trump is a psychologically broken, embittered, and deeply unhappy man. He is so gripped by his grievances, such a prisoner of his resentments, that even the most benevolent question from an interviewer—what good parts of your presidency would you like to be remembered for?—triggered a gusher of discontent.

He tries to hide feelings of grief behind a facade of bluster and anger. His niece's book was aimed directly at him, and brought back memories of how his father destroyed the older brother he loved when he was a boy.

david starling

I've never felt hatred towards Trump. I just think he's unfit for the Presidency for this reason: He's a C.E.O. at heart, and sees the U.S. as a corporate entity, with citizens as stockholders. Corporations are a type of dictatorship, with the C.E.O as dictator.

Last edited:

david starling

Corporations aren't required to care about the environment, or the harm they cause to people's lives. Profit is their only concern. The Supreme Court has actually ruled that this is in fact the case.

david starling

Another reason I consider Trump as unfit for the Presidency is his acerbic, divisive style, coupled with his combative personality; so, he uses a divide-and-conquer strategy within this country. The President's job is to create a sense of unity, not enmity.

david starling

But, sending Federal Agents into a State that not only didn't ask for Federal assistance, but flatly rejected it, is too dangerous a precedent to ignore, even for Trump supporters.

david starling

These Federal Agents look like Special Forces, with camouflage uniforms with American Flag emblems, in unmarked vehicles. They arrested peaceful demonstrators and took them away "for questioning" on Trump's authority alone. Now THAT'S a dictator!

david starling

Fortunately, the Republican Party has a basically State's Rights, Libertarian attitude in a lot of ways. So, the use of unrequested Federal Agents to round up private citizens who weren't breaking the law won't sit well with a lot of Republicans, even if they're Trump supporters.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

In numerology, the USA is a #5 based on how many states they have: 50 = 5+0=5. Adding one more (the District of Columbia) into statehood: 51 = 5+1=6. Is it a number of the beast? 666??? I guess Puerto Rico won't be a state, let them declare independence, because colonialism is so out of style.

david starling

All righty then. NOW we KNOW. Trump has his own personal goon squad of trained and heavily armed paramilitary forces operating within the country under the acronym DHS.

The very beginning of Trump's plan to establish his military dictatorship is now being revealed.

Well, the United States of America under the Constitution has had a pretty good run since 1789. Much like the Roman Republic previous to the reign of Julius Caesar.

I, for one, regret its imminent demise. No way Trump will allow himself to be voted out of office.

Last edited:

david starling

We can put the popcorn away. Trump can count on the Senate to block House efforts to certify the Election results when he loses, which will mean his hand-picked majority on the Supreme Court will decide in Trump's favor. And, even if the Democrats succeed in taking over as majority in the Senate, that change-over won't occur until Jan of 2021, too late to affect the vote in the Senate.

david starling

Down the line, I expect that huge video screens will be erected in every major city, so Trump can personally issue proclamations and give glowing descriptions of how well things are going under his rule.

CapAquaPis

The thought of unmarked vans with secret federal police officers capture and arrested leftist protesters without a warrant reminds me more of South America in the 1980s than what we know about our democratic tradition of tolerance of dissenting political beliefs, speech and assembly in the USA.

david starling

The thought of unmarked vans with secret federal police officers capture and arrested leftist protesters without a warrant reminds me more of South America in the 1980s than what we know about our democratic tradition of tolerance of dissenting political beliefs, speech and assembly in the USA.

These aren't "federal police officers", they're "Federal Agents".

david starling

Just read that the DHS will be "monitoring and securing" the National Elections in Nov. The DHS is a cabinet level organization , entirely beholden to the President. That explains why Trump will be able to win with no need to dispute the validity of the mail-in ballots.

The DHS is now entirely politicized and loyal to Trump. Since it was established in 2002 in a very bipartisan vote, it appears that the Democrats didn't have the foresight to ensure that it would be non-partisan.

Last edited: