What is your mars like and how assertive are you?

Starsareround

Hey I’m curious about how mars plays out in all its facets...for instance I have a mars in cancer conjunct Jupiter which also is elevated in my chart and trines Uranus and sextlies Merc and ascendant. So I am definitely a leader and can’t help but bring my ideas to fruition in this world but the downside is that I can be clingy and ridiculously emotional...and yes I am a good cook :). Anyone have thoughts on how their mars plays out??

viridi

Scorpio Mars sq. Saturn

Assertive if it's regarding conversation, but otherwise lazy and keep my ideas unexposed (I have so many writing ideas, but I'm not ready to write and read them).

And also a very defensive grappler (currently working on how to be more aggressive).

Lin

My Mars is in Virgo at 4 degrees and is 7 degrees from my MC in the 10th.

I am VERY assertive....but I am NOT at all aggressive. I am capable of being very strong in the defense of my kids, let's say....as a Leo I am definitely a "mother Lion."

But I was never the aggressor with, let's say, "men." In a group I will not be the first to speak or bring up a topic or change a topic.

I never/would never ask a man "to dance" - as an example.

HOwver, even tho I was shy as a child, I am not what would be considered "shy."

I have a natural caution (Scorpio rising) about the new and different when other people are involved.

I am an astrologer, and had to LEARN to NOT be intimidated or self conscious about being truthful, open and assertive when giving a reading. It took several years until I became confident in my skills and my manner of giving readings. But I assume many people have this issue no matter where their Mars is.

But Mars in early Virgo the 10th means I never had trouble getting a job. I'm honest and a good worker so I think that always "came through." However, Mercury rules my chart....so that might be a plus in the work situation.

But as soon as I could I stopped working for others and became my own boss.

That's my Mars story (very abbreviated.)
LIN

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Mars in taurus in Anaretic degree. Trines Jupiter, conjunct DC in 6th.

If in everyday life, not assertive at all. Taurus peacefulness shows thorough. Don't wish to bother with trivialities so no reaction. Can be mis-interpreted by others as passiveness but its really just laziness and conservation of energy.

Can be ridiculously stubborn. If don't like something, most frequently deploy Taurus ignore button (laziness).

Use to have an anger problem and have annoyances built up, then explosion and overreaction. I think this is the chief weakness of mars in taurus. Peaceful 99% of the time. When angered, nuclear.

'Psychotic' episodes scare people and not good for personal relations.

Never got into a fight with another fixed mars. I think we subconsciously know the others strength and avoid any impracticality and drawn out, waste of time. Works with cardinal mars exceptionally well, we each provide what the other needs.

Overly assertive at work. Since its 6th house. Use to get into conflicts.

Def. slow to get started. Learned how to "trick" myself to get myself to do things I don't want to do.

Overall, unparalleled stamina when put into good use. So far, besides perhaps Capricorn, have not met any other mars placements that can beat the long-range stamina.

Content with mars placement despite detriment and issues above.

Greatly admires mars in Leo, they have stamina and backbone, but also popularity and dashingness, which taurus does not have. Would only trade for that position.

Summary: taurus mars = seem passive, really a boulder, nuclear if over-pushed.

Last edited:

Sagcap88

Mars in Aries...by nature very assertive. Alpha personality. However, Neptune squares my Mars and detracts from the assertiveness. It’s been a struggle.

fangzah

Mars in Pisces - imaginative and easy-going, some tendency towards laziness

Conjunct my Moon, also in Pisces - making my physical sexual energy closely tied to my emotionality, I suppose (though you could blame the Pisces Moon alone for that)

It is also sextile my Neptune and trine my Pluto; squares my Asc Node, which is the only "tense" thing, I imagine -- but these latter three aspects I find hard to interpret in my behaviour

moonkat235

Mars in Pisces conjunct Mercury

Mars and Mercury conjunction trine Pluto and North Node conjunction

Mars and Mercury conjunction sextile Uranus and Neptune and AC conjunction

I would describe myself as relatively assertive, but not stubborn in my communications. I like to adapt to my situations, while bringing my own perspective to the table.

For instance, I worked in a call center for 5 years, raising money for my university and I raised the most out of anyone due to my ability to persist through hard rejections.

My philosophy is that there is almost always a polite way to persist and get your voice heard, while still respecting another's point of view. It's not so much agree to disagree, but rather 'expansion of the pie' so that everyone gets what they need and more.

Lykanized

Mars in Virgo 1st house....conjunct moon and AC, square MC and Venus, sextile Mercury and Pluto, trine Uranus and Neptune...so it has a lot of energy loaded onto it

In my Mars-moon conjunct, Mars leads so my actions are very much loaded with the emotional tides of the moon. But I was never very assertive as a child. I had some incidents tho and I was very very argumentative. I, even more so than other children, didn't want to listen to anyone in 'authority'. I was my own authority. But at some point I became shy and assertiveness is something I've had to develop as I've gotten older

Assertiveness hasn't only been about my interactions with people, tho. My mom instilled in me from a very very young age the ideals of a fighter and as I've gotten older, they've been adopted into my basal being. Assertiveness to me is about how we go about life and achieving what we want and in that sense, I'm extremely assertive. I guess being cardinal heavy also helps

If I want something and know intuitively it's right for me, I'll get it. It doesn't matter the obstacles or who tries to get in my way, I will get it. I won't say 'I hope' or 'I'll try'..I'll say 'I will'. Since my moon is there supporting my Mars, a lot of this is about passion. I let my passion take the wheel as much as I let my intuition take the wheel in my actions. So everything I do comes from a place of intuition and passion. Because my actions come from such a deep place, I can be strikingly assertive. But when I don't feel them deep inside me, I'm likely not to be that assertive

Despite how demure I may seem, I'm actually very selfassured, sure of what I want and that I'm worthy of it and I'm not submissive. I'm very dominant. It's just that I'm very quiet until someone does something that crosses my boundaries

I wouldn't say I'm a leader, tho. I'm more of a lone wolf. I prefer to do things alone, but being an 11th houser, I see the value in bringing people into my 'crusade' since we all have unique abilities

I've been told that my emotions can be seen in my eyes since I tend to hold them in, anger being the most visible one, so my eyes will smolder and in my face, it's quite evident when I'm angry and cannot be pushed further lest I burst. I don't have a lot of patience. I'm very sweet generally, but I really don't have a lot of patience at all

Oh yeah...Anger tends to build up and explode to the point of breaking and throwing things

Last edited:

Starsareround

I love all the replies! Its nice to hear how we all relate to martian energy. I have noted that house position is very relevant with mars. As in, it tends to be where our goats got git, iykwim. Mine is in the 11th house, and social justice issues rally me, I dont like crowds, and my friendships tend to be with very independent, maverick types.

Starsareround

Passive and Indirect.
Some times when get very angry only verbal fight. I stopped fighting since I left high school. Now I fight inside my mind.

Mars in Libra 5th but Conjunct 6th Cusp.
Mars Conjunct Pluto,Vertex,Spica and Saturn.
http://i.imgur.com/hCRDawD.jpg

This is a great example of mars expressing house placement. As you say, your mars is conjunct your 6th house, the house related to Virgo. How you describe your mars energy is more than a tad Virgoan :smile:

Starsareround

My Mars is in Virgo at 4 degrees and is 7 degrees from my MC in the 10th.

I am VERY assertive....but I am NOT at all aggressive. I am capable of being very strong in the defense of my kids, let's say....as a Leo I am definitely a "mother Lion."

But I was never the aggressor with, let's say, "men." In a group I will not be the first to speak or bring up a topic or change a topic.

I never/would never ask a man "to dance" - as an example.

HOwver, even tho I was shy as a child, I am not what would be considered "shy."

I have a natural caution (Scorpio rising) about the new and different when other people are involved.

I am an astrologer, and had to LEARN to NOT be intimidated or self conscious about being truthful, open and assertive when giving a reading. It took several years until I became confident in my skills and my manner of giving readings. But I assume many people have this issue no matter where their Mars is.

But Mars in early Virgo the 10th means I never had trouble getting a job. I'm honest and a good worker so I think that always "came through." However, Mercury rules my chart....so that might be a plus in the work situation.

But as soon as I could I stopped working for others and became my own boss.

That's my Mars story (very abbreviated.)
LIN

That sounds like an impressive, well integrated mars, if you ask me. Humble but ambitious and hardworking. Again, Capricorn (with its connection to the 10th house) comes to mind in this mars expression through house placement theme I'm picking up on...

magnolia8

Mars in Leo. Conjunct Sun and sextile MC. Trine Saturn. Wide square to Pluto.
You'd think with these placements I'd have a pretty strong Mars, but I don't. It's a weak planet, because it sits directly on the cusp of the 12th house (from the 11th).

I'm not assertive at all and have even had people remark on my "timidity." I do anger or get irritated easily and can have an explosive temper (this has cost me). That said, when I'm angry with someone, I don't usually confront them, I just shut them out.

I think I'm mildly attracted to the idea of sparring, because I frequently find myself daydreaming of getting into physical fights. (Note: the idea of losing makes this less than appealing overall.) For years I've wanted to take up a sport like boxing or martial arts, so I can defend myself.

I'd assume Mars accounts for weapons. I can't say I "like" them, but I do want to carry them and I enjoy the gun range.

So, that's my Mars. It's a weak planet for me. I need the assertiveness and drives it brings, not the combativeness or irritability.

conspiracy theorist

Mars is on the ascendant, in the sign is Sagittarius, conjunct Jupiter and Venus and in a partile sextile to the Moon. Out of bounds.

I'd say I have a tempered but strong Mars. I don't go out of my way to be aggressive and belligerent to people, and nobody sees me in that way as far as I'm aware. However, I've been called many things that one would attribute to one with a Martial aspect - soldier, killer, mafia, criminal, wild, mad, ominous, intense , intimidating, sniper etc. These are from persons who I have had no deep contact or interactions with, so I can't help but think this is just based on energy/"vibe".

I'm very active and fit. I walk everywhere and for long periods of time. I've been playing sports since I was two and I currently work very closely with predatory animals as my current profession - most people shudder or disbelieve when I tell them what I do.

Did a lot of Martial arts as a teenager and I was chosen to be a stuntman as a result of it.

My Marsy-ness has also resulted in me burning many bridges and estranging myself from family, greatly limiting the amount of people I can count on in a pinch. In my arrogance I believe that I can manage without much it little support, and my fighting spirit has thus far allowed me to live a life quite apart from the mainstream and the comfort levels that most people think is a human right. I'm set for another big upheavel in the coming weeks and I know in the depths of my heart that if it wasn't for a decision I made which had me choosing my dignity and self-worth over material comfort and bondage, that I wouldn't be going under these ordeals.

And, I know I would make the same decision every time.

Witchyone

Interesting topic! I've enjoyed others' responses.

My Mars is in Leo in the 3rd house. It's exactly inconjunct Moon, and it sextiles Pluto, squares Uranus, and trines Neptune.

My level of assertiveness varies a lot. I think I come off as aggressive in writing sometimes, but that rarely happens in person. I'm usually appropriately verbally assertive (and carefully not aggressive) at work. When it comes to social settings, I range from quiet and passive to loud and friendly. It's entirely mood-based. My temper is quick and intense and a source of great consternation for me.

Starsareround

My Marsy-ness has also resulted in me burning many bridges and estranging myself from family, greatly limiting the amount of people I can count on in a pinch. In my arrogance I believe that I can manage without much it little support, and my fighting spirit has thus far allowed me to live a life quite apart from the mainstream and the comfort levels that most people think is a human right. I'm set for another big upheavel in the coming weeks and I know in the depths of my heart that if it wasn't for a decision I made which had me choosing my dignity and self-worth over material comfort and bondage, that I wouldn't be going under these ordeals.

And, I know I would make the same decision every time.

Wow!!! I also have mars closely conjunct jupiter and I can very much relate to this! I have isolated myself and kind of trialed by fire a lot in my life just to show I can fight my way back up to the top again. Definitely pros and cons to a strong mars in that way! That's warrior energy. another way this plays out for me is a bit of defiance. Its actually a huge motivator if someone tells me I cant do something. Then i know for sure i will do it, and do it better than its been done by others. A room full of people insisting it cant be done by me is a sure bet I will prove them wrong...

Last edited:

ScarletK

Mars in Cancer 3rd house, Sun AND Moon (both of which are in Pisces) trine Mars, Venus in Aries square Mars, and Mars Square Jupiter in Libra

At work: I am very assertive when I perceive that it is necessary or timely to be assertive. In other words, I am strategically assertive. It is very difficult for me to keep my mouth shut and be patient but I have gotten a lot better at it over time.

In relationships: I do not wait to strategically express my frustration or anger when someone has hurt my feelings. If I smell an interpersonal confrontation that someone else is avoiding, I probe. This can be problematic sometimes but I often can't help myself even when I know it isn't in my best interest. I just want to get to the root of the issue! I can be very bossy and offer unsolicited advice when I become tired of my friends/family complaining about the same thing over and over but refusing to change their perspective or behavior. In other words, impulse control and judgement skills are lacking when it comes to being assertive in my relationships.

An aside: I love philosophical debates and anything with a good back and forth (like tennis and sparring).

This was a fun question!

Somna7H

Banned
This is a great example of mars expressing house placement. As you say, your mars is conjunct your 6th house, the house related to Virgo. How you describe your mars energy is more than a tad Virgoan :smile:

If we talk about Sidereal Zodiac then I have Saturn and Mars Conjunction in Virgo 5th House. Still Mars is pretty close to 6th Cusp. I'm a Critical Thinker too.

Lin

Starsareround, you said, "That sounds like an impressive, well integrated mars, if you ask me. Humble but ambitious and hardworking. Again, Capricorn (with its connection to the 10th house) comes to mind in this mars expression through house placement theme I'm picking up on..."

Well, I wish I were ambitious. I have few ambitions (materially.) Individuality and independence were my original ambitions. But...things happen....lol.
I'm still very individualistic. But I do have some dependencies....not pathological but still.
I have no planets in Cap. My Scorpio ASC has no planets near it. All my planets are within a trine bet. my 7th and 11th houses.
Mars rules my 6th house - no planets in the 6th (ruled by Aries.)

My humility is authentic but I'm a Leo....so there is some pride involved...usually for my kids or work. And my ability to keep healthy. I'm proud of that...but....LOL....even that has an ulterior motive....I "don't do well when sick or out of commission" for any length of time. I'm hyper vigilant about this -tho not a hypochondriac. THAT is a a big trait of that Mars on MC and square some stuff in my 7th.

Actually, as inconvenient as that Mars has been though my life, it's probably saved my life several times. I don't think I'd have any self control without it.
LIN
(good topic and good "self evaluation" from the posters who have replied.)

conspiracy theorist

Wow!!! I also have mars closely conjunct jupiter and I can very much relate to this! I have isolated myself and kind of trialed by fire a lot in my life just to show I can fight my way back up to the top again. Definitely pros and cons to a strong mars in that way! That's warrior energy. another way this plays out for me is a bit of defiance. Its actually a huge motivator if someone tells me I cant do something. Then i know for sure i will do it, and do it better than its been done by others. A room full of people insisting it cant be done by me is a sure bet I will prove them wrong...

Slashing and burning your way through situations can definitely be exhilarating, but total destruction is not the path that I truly want to traverse, which is why I'm grateful for other parts of my chart that add more measure, contemplativeness and self-control to my personality. Having the ability to control that fire makes for a very effective person.