Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 08-06-2015, 06:12 PM

Ascendant sign ...

The most important sign is the ascendant sign ??

Unread 08-06-2015, 08:09 PM

Re: Ascendant sign ...

Not really the ascendant is just a small part of the horoscope. In some charts it plays a bigger role, in some a smaller one it depends on other factors.
Unread 08-07-2015, 07:02 PM

The way that I would view the ascendant is that it acts as a lens for your sun sign. For example, I'm a Libra with Aquarius ascendant; being a 'people person' is associated with Libra, being scientific and detached is associated with Aquarius. So, when you view Libra through the lens of Aquarius, you get someone who loves to analyse people, i.e. me! Bear in mind that your moon sign is important too, as it tells you about your emotional needs and how you can feel happiest.

Your ascendant can also be very telling in how people see you as a person. Someone who has their sun in Gemini and their ascendant in Scorpio could be viewed as far more mysterious and 'deeper' to a certain extent than what one associates with Gemini (for the record I'm not saying that Gemini can't be deep, I'm making very broad statements here!).
Unread 08-11-2015, 03:14 AM

Smile Re: Ascendant sign ...

When we are born, we're given a Sun sign at our dates of birth: the most important in astrology of our self/ego and personal/individual identity. But when we age throughout life, more people know our personality based on rising or ascendant sign as it becomes more apparent than the Sun sign. And the Moon sign rules our emotions and intellect more than our Sun, while the rising sign is outward personality and moral character.
Unread 08-11-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren2x View Post
Generally, correct. If there are 4 or more planets in another sign it can become more important.

Read rising sign descriptions to make sure the sign on the Asc of your chart fits you and is correct. Many charts don't have the correct sign on the Asc and this greatly affects chart interpretation, transits/progression timing, etc.
Unread 08-12-2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren2x View Post
The way I understand it all is the sun sign tells you what you are all about/what you DO, the rising/ascendant is how you approach things when doing what you do and the moon sign is the emotional energy driving /supporting both

You cant help or think about your rising sign attitude/behaviour....its too natural and genetic and ingrained....Im not sure how to put it better, but its not YOU as the core/reason/mission/essence

Last edited by emily23; 08-12-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Tags
ascendant, sign