Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 05-20-2015, 05:54 PM

unemotional too emotional man

Hi
I met this man, i have Venus on his Neptune so i know its hard for me to perceive him realistically. He is a dark man, stagnating in his life, he creates very dark art, he says he feels such darkness at times, he listens to heavy music and seems very sensitive...
I have started seeing him and am thinking now maybe he isn't as emotional as he looks; and with Sun in Capricorn, Moon in Gemini, Mercury in Sag (although conjunct to Neptune) is square saturn as well and Venus in Aquarius might not make for someone emotional and sweet, and caring, and someone that would love kissing and saying sweet words, and be passionate in bed.... which is what i guess i am looking for, i really think this venus on neptune made me idealize him in a way that only neptune knows how to.....
so im wondering how the lack of water plays out in his chart?
and also wondering is he really feeling that much (gemini moon)?
i want to know if he is a cold lover, and if so, why does he believe he is so dark and where does the art come from?

(i got his permission for the chart, i am sag sun leo moon so very open but the hour is not exact )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_191_unemotional_tooemotional_man.63962.26492.jpg (117.7 KB, 30 views)

Unread 05-22-2015, 11:36 PM

Re: unemotional too emotional man

Hi Lilo, just looking at his chart there are a few things I would suggest you consider. Firstly his Ascendant is in Leo, thats life, fun and happiness, a stark contrast to your description of him. His Sun is in his 5th House, which is ruled by the Sun and Leo, again, happiness. Here we have two conflicting qualities to consider. Already things are beginning to fascinate me

Moon in Gemini, hmm, OK, can be unemotional, it is high in the chart in the 10th House and shines its light across everyone else. Opposed by Neptune and Venus and squared by Jupiter and Mars. Hmm, we do start to see something happening here, Moon opp Ne and Me may suggest fear of abandonment and this worries him incessantly.

Now I can see something that is another important indicator, Ju and Ma in the powerful 1st House. These two planets should be singing and dancing here, both Fire planets in a Fire House. Yes, they are in Virgo, Earth, but they are elevated and should be pushing massive amounts of happiness and light into his soul.

But no, they aren't. They are the focal point of the T-Square with Moon on one side and Ne and Me on the other. The focal planet (or planets) of a T-Square tend to become unavailable to the psyche when at this focal point. They have sacrificed their happiness and expression of joy to maintain balance between the opposing planets - Mo Vs Ne + Me. To stave off fear of abandonment overtaking his mind he engages Ju and Ma to stop it. They become so busy they have little time to express their own particular energies.

Now I am starting to see what you are seeing.

Sun is in Capricorn, a cautious sign but not generally dark and gloomy. Nicely aspected too and trying his best to help Ju and Ma do their job. It is beautifully placed in his 5th House so he should demonstrate a generous nature of giving, shining sunlight to everyone he meets.

Can you see the conflicts here lilo? He is many personalities in one, not bipolar or anything like that, just that he is complicated and has chosen one side of his potential without bothering to look at his strengths.

OK, what transits are happening to push him down this dark path?

Ju is soon to enter his first House so that should certainly be inspirational, Pluto was crossing his Sun some year or so ago so maybe he is still recovering from that, Saturn is crossing thru Sagittarius and will soon form an opposition to his Moon, that won't be nice.

Ok, there are some indicators that he has been squashed by the harshness of life, transiting Pluto conjunct his Sun may have pushed him too hard and broken him, but with his many Fire planets and Houses I would expect him to pick up a bit faster.

I would like to know what you think about what I have said, it is still a bit of a mystery to me, too many conflicts and i can't find enough clarity. I am not totally convinced I have him worked out though, unless you have the wrong birth time? What do you think?
Unread 05-23-2015, 01:23 PM

Wow right on, I just made him call his mom and she can't confirm at all what his dad originally told him.
Unread 05-23-2015, 01:34 PM

What do you mean by: They are the focal point of the T-Square with Moon on one side and Ne and Me on the other. The focal planet (or planets) of a T-Square tend to become unavailable to the psyche when at this focal point. They have sacrificed their happiness and expression of joy to maintain balance between the opposing planets.

At what focal point is it?
Also isn't so Gemini moon to be detached of emotions? Which he isn't he calls himself gloomy. And his art is dark as ****.
Maybe Mercury conjunct Neptune gives him his artistic skills..
Unread 05-23-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilopinpin View Post
...and also a skill to create a realm of illusion with words...
Unread 05-23-2015, 07:42 PM

is the opposition to the moon too wide to be considered??
also his gem moon, square jupiter and mars in virgo can bring big time laziness too i suppose with all that mutable energy, enough to make cap sun super mad and depressed? he's a nice alchoholic in the sense that he doesnt get crazy on it atleast. he works at a bar and is stagnant as **** in life, except he creates a lot at home and mostly for himself and his neighbours!!!

the way i kinda see it now is that sun in cap is the only really strong leaderlike player in the chart, maybe he is just depressed yet isnt someone per say emotional

im not writting here in order to understand him to date him, im just studying a lot astrology and trying to figure out why sometimes some people dont seem to stick to their chart

thanks for answering me by the way
Unread 05-24-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilopinpin View Post
What do you mean by: They are the focal point of the T-Square with Moon on one side and Ne and Me on the other. The focal planet (or planets) of a T-Square tend to become unavailable to the psyche when at this focal point. They have sacrificed their happiness and expression of joy to maintain balance between the opposing planets.

At what focal point is it?
Also isn't so Gemini moon to be detached of emotions? Which he isn't he calls himself gloomy. And his art is dark as ****.
Lilo, the Moon opp Neptune is wide, but I would still call it an opposition. Luminaries tend to have wider orbs than planets and I prefer it this way, it gives me more information.

Gemini Moon is charming, a pleasure to be with, someone who chats away and can talk about anything. They have tendency to worry too much, but they don't necessarily have more negative characteristics than any other sign. When placed in poor aspect to other planets then we will see other characteristics arise. For instance, opp to Ne shows fear of abandonment and loneliness. It also suggests a need for closeness yet Gemini Moon is not comfortable with physical or emotional closeness. Now we begin to see conflict between the two archetypes, Moon and Neptune. He wants to be close, fears being alone, yet when in a relationship it becomes too much for him and he pushes you away. Then he becomes lonely and asks you to come back. He says that you have abandoned him. See how we can understand more through aspects?

A T-Square is formed by 2 or more planets in opposition, they also form a square with another planet. The shape looks like a big T.

The opposition takes priority - the planet that is squared tends to be less available as it is in a balance point between the two opposing archetypes. Like balancing a ruler with your finger, your finger is now unavailable to do anything but maintain balance. It sacrifices its own needs for expression to keep the opposing forces in harmony as best he or she can.

In archetypal and psychological astrology it is like three people, two are in an argument and are free to bring in evidence, witnesses and any information they like to prove their point. The arbitrator, the planet in square to them both, is left to trying to keep them at peace.

Good luck with your studies, you chose a good subject by the looks of it. Too bad we are unsure about his birth time, but you can still get an idea from the planetary signs and aspects as we are doing here.

Last edited by Noel Eastwood; 05-24-2015 at 12:11 AM.

Tags
emotional, unemotional