Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

Fancy or simple please. I am trying to get inspired and learn how to cook well for my family.
Wine or beer pairings also good to know.
Taurus MC


Last edited by Love2Know; 01-07-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 01-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Fancy or simple please. I am trying to get inspired and learn how to cook well for my family.
Wine or beer pairings also good to know.
I love stuffed cheese pasta in cream and mushroom sauce( the more varity of mushrooms the better) with a full bodied red wine and tangy salad. For dessert I love umm chocolate hazelnut cake and cappicino.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 01-07-2015, 09:04 PM
booboo booboo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 162
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

Try the musaka its a tipical greece/bulgaria dish if you havent tried it
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/24751/classic+moussaka
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 01-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,739
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

Hey there, Love. Long time no see. How's the family?

Interested in cooking now, eh? Well, I can't help with inspiration, but I can show you some easy recipes to start with that you might like.

Here's some of my of favorites.

Chicken Lasagna

That one might be a bit hard for you atm, though, It's one of my favs~

Do you like Chinese food? Check out this recipe for Kung pow chicken.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 01-08-2015, 01:34 AM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Hey there, Love. Long time no see. How's the family?

Interested in cooking now, eh? Well, I can't help with inspiration, but I can show you some easy recipes to start with that you might like.

Here's some of my of favorites.

Chicken Lasagna

That one might be a bit hard for you atm, though, It's one of my favs~

Do you like Chinese food? Check out this recipe for Kung pow chicken.
Yes thanks im always around. Thanks for the suggestions. I want new ideas... I am always into cooking but need to work on technique... my husband is not picky so who knows if I am good or not.. I could serve him dog food and he would be greatful.

Last edited by Love2Know; 01-08-2015 at 01:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 01-08-2015, 01:40 AM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
Try the musaka its a tipical greece/bulgaria dish if you havent tried it
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/24751/classic+moussaka
Looks interesting I will try this out! Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 01-08-2015, 01:52 AM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,801
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

Poultry never gets old, so be prepared to become best friends with it <3
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/f...ry-recipe.html
This is my favorite. It's easy, quick, and simple.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 01-08-2015, 02:24 AM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
Poultry never gets old, so be prepared to become best friends with it <3
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/f...ry-recipe.html
This is my favorite. It's easy, quick, and simple.
Thanks! Im really wanting to focus on teniques like how to cook eat protien perfectly... poach, sear and so forth. Also since I dont eat meat I focus on memorizing cooking time and I smell it and look up what goes with eat protien.. I also think about the animals natural enviornment and get inspired by that. I made a brandy brown sugar bacon fat, butter and onion sauce for my husbands roast pork and he said it was awesome. I like to use my instincts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 01-19-2015, 06:50 PM
HonourAndDevotion HonourAndDevotion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 108
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

hmm i recommend meals include eggplant and meat, I like cause tastes really good
You can try suchlike.

here is a simply and easy recipe from our cuisine:

http://almostturkish.blogspot.com.tr...-karnyark.html
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-19-2015, 11:06 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonourAndDevotion View Post
hmm i recommend meals include eggplant and meat, I like cause tastes really good
You can try suchlike.

here is a simply and easy recipe from our cuisine:

http://almostturkish.blogspot.com.tr...-karnyark.html
Looks very interesting thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 01-19-2015, 11:51 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,118
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

A raw seaweed wrapped Piscean with boiled Crab with lemon on a side!
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 01-20-2015, 12:03 AM
HonourAndDevotion HonourAndDevotion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 108
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Looks very interesting thanks.
actually I should warn about pepper and tomato or whatever these should be baked.
unbaked won't taste nice
meal should completely baked otherwise it would be so absurd, and also look so absurd.

Last edited by HonourAndDevotion; 01-20-2015 at 02:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 01-22-2015, 10:38 PM
LyP LyP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 393
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

mc donalds
really
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 01-22-2015, 11:26 PM
Etchasketch's Avatar
Etchasketch Etchasketch is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: the desert
Posts: 38
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Thanks! Im really wanting to focus on teniques like how to cook eat protien perfectly... poach, sear and so forth. Also since I dont eat meat I focus on memorizing cooking time and I smell it and look up what goes with eat protien.. I also think about the animals natural enviornment and get inspired by that. I made a brandy brown sugar bacon fat, butter and onion sauce for my husbands roast pork and he said it was awesome. I like to use my instincts.
If you're looking for technique, there are quite a few you tube vids that will demonstrate all sorts of cooking methods. If you're more into chilling out with a book to read then you can't go wrong with used copies of kitchen texts like The Professional Chef by the Culinary Institute of America. Or if you prefer, find an intro to cooking book by one of your fav celeb chefs (I like Alton Brown's, simply because he's creative, practical, and funny).
__________________
Virgo Sun/12, Taurus Moon/8, Libra Rising
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 01-24-2015, 04:17 AM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,739
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyP View Post
mc donalds
really
B-but, that is not good for you!

.....
.......

It taste so good though..

Edit- Love, Do you want some salad recipes? Tomato-Watermelon Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds

Last edited by Blaze; 01-24-2015 at 04:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 01-24-2015, 05:11 PM
LyP LyP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 393
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
B-but, that is not good for you!

.....
.......

It taste so good though..

Edit- Love, Do you want some salad recipes? Tomato-Watermelon Salad with Feta and Toasted Almonds
eating is one of the pleasures of life i can not pass it
lolololol

I love salads too, and watermelon is my favorite fruit
this salad made my mouth water
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 01-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

Yeah also asking you guys; your favourit dishes. The meals that warm the cockles of your hearts Thanks!

I loveeee gnocci mmmm ohh yeah also frrsh pasta with tons of diffrent mushrooms, garlic and cream in it with pparm.

Last edited by Love2Know; 01-24-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 01-29-2015, 04:28 AM
LyP LyP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 393
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Yeah also asking you guys; your favourit dishes. The meals that warm the cockles of your hearts Thanks!

I loveeee gnocci mmmm ohh yeah also frrsh pasta with tons of diffrent mushrooms, garlic and cream in it with pparm.
you like beirute?
is a Lebanese food adapted for Brazil, is so good

http://atdigital.com.br/boamesa/wp-c...ute-baixa1.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 02-06-2015, 05:27 PM
katya katya is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 69
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

I love pot roast...I just cut up the beef chuck steak and throw it in with carrots, potatoes, onions in the slow cooker and wait 5 hours and then BAM, a yummy meal with biscuits. My man loves it. It's simple and delicious.
We also like to make our own cheese sticks and chicken parmesean with pasta, all from scratch. Double bread my own cheese sticks and fry them 30 seconds on each side...same with the chicken parm and then I fry the chicken until it's thoroughly cooked. I love to cook!
Good luck on your dish!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 02-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyP View Post
you like beirute?
is a Lebanese food adapted for Brazil, is so good

http://atdigital.com.br/boamesa/wp-c...ute-baixa1.jpg
I never tried it! Cool
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 02-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by katya View Post
I love pot roast...I just cut up the beef chuck steak and throw it in with carrots, potatoes, onions in the slow cooker and wait 5 hours and then BAM, a yummy meal with biscuits. My man loves it. It's simple and delicious.
We also like to make our own cheese sticks and chicken parmesean with pasta, all from scratch. Double bread my own cheese sticks and fry them 30 seconds on each side...same with the chicken parm and then I fry the chicken until it's thoroughly cooked. I love to cook!
Good luck on your dish!
I have to master chicken parm. I hAte touchiing the chicken lol? Also pot roast is something I need to do great ideas!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 02-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,739
Re: What is your favourit Dish/Meal?

You know what problems I have with cooking? It's the cooking part. I love eating, but not the long wait of cooking. Bah, makes me sound like an impatient child.

Another meal that tastes good..hmm. Chicken stew is awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 02-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Love2Know's Avatar
Love2Know Love2Know is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
You know what problems I have with cooking? It's the cooking part. I love eating, but not the long wait of cooking. Bah, makes me sound like an impatient child.

Another meal that tastes good..hmm. Chicken stew is awesome.
My issue with cooking is trying to eat simple and pigging out while cooking. If it was just me wraps salad fruit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.