Simone de Beauvoir 1908-1986

positive

Banned
serwus, hallo

I would like to talk about Simone de beauvoirs chart. I am interested in it because she not only was a popular feminist and member of the famous intellectual relationship to Jean Paul Sartre, but also because in her chart you can find some fixed stars. What I am interested is why she owned such important fixed stars and JP Sartre who is much more famous and respected in fact does not. both from Paris, France and memebers of the existentialismus.

In her chart NeptunR conjuncts with the node and both with Sirius in the 8th house. Mercury conjuncts ( besinde Uranus and Sun) with Vega in 2nd house.
Mars (also maybe Moon) in 4 conjuncts Sheat. Venus is with Chiron in the stars of the Dolphin and according (not only) to Vehlow on a critical degree 15° Aquarius. Saturn is on Markeb.

I don´t concentrate on the fixed stars on IC MC because it could be a little to far.

biography
Sdb, wasn´t a real aristocrat name, but her grand grand father married a wealthy woman as her grandfather did. Her father the second son, studied law but was far more interested in literatur and theater. Through the WW1 the family lost their wealth. SdB father knew that he couldn´t pay the marriage portion, but at least afford his daughters education. this should enable them to survive with working, as they lost the chance of a good marriage. with 14 SdB knew that she became an atheist, but disclosed it later to her religious mother (and also in katholic school she was revealed by the time) which was quite horrible. She started to study has fortunately good marks, which also protect her from others because of her nonbeliefs. She had the ambition to become a teacher and during this time she went to the paris bars and connected herself to intellectual scenes. during this studies she met JP Sartre, who complete university as the best (in this class) followed by Beauvoir. They got very close to each other as an very intellectual relationship, which did´t exclude the possibility of other aquaintainships, although Beauvoir concentrates herself a lot on Sartre. Finally she got a job as a teacher, but after the positive response to her second book (but the first accepted to be published) she become a member in the radio nationale. her career as a writer, with also political nature started. During the period of the nationlism both worked against the regimes. THey met A Camus, P Picasso, Jean Genet and Dora Maar in the Cafe de flore.
B take a chance to USA where she started a romance to the writer Nelson Algren. (she denied a marriage with sartre, for the reason to get a job times before). 1949 she was international successful with "das andere geschlecht" -(1:1 the other sex) and hence she became one of the most famous intellectual in france. 51 she had a intimate relationship for 7 years to Claude Lanzmann, a filmregisseur. Rome become sartres and B second home.
In the later years she adopted a (female) philosophyteacher to organise her legacies.

Beauvoir count as the founder of the feminism (68er generation) and pioneer for the gender studies. She earned a lot of critics from the bourgois conservatives and also the left winged. She demystified the womens body and motherhood.
Some say she led the way to the existentialismus, which I find interesting.
She is now in a kind of revival, but I think Sartre was quite a lot more famous than her over the years. Sartre is the love of her life. She felt very harmony with him.
It was a violent time, gemany, russia, algeria, hungary and of course israel. She was engaged in against these wars. (together with S) Sartre, apropos was a descendant of Albert Schweitzer.

chart
In her chart the part of fortune is on mc in 9 with good connections, also with mercury (writing) and sun (from 9 and, husband).
According to Pracht a good PoF is very helpful to get recognition.

Jupiter in 9 is the cliche for the intellectuality, philosophy, internationality, honors, publishing. It is the nearest to the MC too. The opp to Venus maybe shows the free thinking about partnerships and the duality of thems. (I think there are also rumors about being bisexual, I remeber it that?). Jupiter is also in Leo, husband which could refer to her relationships to intellectuals and of course the honored sartre, the official founder of the philosopy of existentialism. Jupiter from 2 and 4 in 9 shows her voyages and different homes, from 2 also the good (I simply guess) income. Her jupiter hasn´t much aspects.

Pluto in seven shows her fans, also in her end. I count Mars as her Ac ruler first.

Mond Mars Saturn in square to Pluto, shows the religous mother and the problems B had because of that. Mars (with moon) is here on Sheat which can refer to her mother, her childhood and origin, as it in in 4th house. B was also depressed and melancholic, at least remembered her adolescence as that. Her mother was sure also a kind restrictive in religious way.

Also is here the Aries point which point the posiibility of being or becoming public (in an idol way?) (-mother, the feminin, the woman). But I am a bit disoriented with sheat.
As AC Ruler it definitely points out her willingness to fight, to be political and also her pioneership. It comes from 5 as her father supported her, sartre supported her and wasn´t really related or aimed to her profession of origin. This Mars also shows that she wasn´t that typical girl. She expresses her power through arts (pisces, 5th house) and created sth. Mars also rules 12 house(12). Sheat is as far as I know connected to the famous "world pain", to melancholy, depression, water, and loss. In a vague way I can relate that to her, but officially not really. ebertin announce that this FS also can SOMETIMES translate high spirits, which is too far away for me. he connects this more with venusian part as venus is exalted here. A planet in an exaltation point of another shows that this planet focuses, adores the planet which would be exalted here, Venus. That is definitely true here (feminism). Venus is in Auarius, so in a revolutionary way. (the pain of the women, with chiron in these times, with outer planets). The Doplphin stars are maybe not so common known, but should point out the possibility of making historya and also being revolutionary. the 15° of aquarius (axis) are striked out with importance for germany, according to vehlow. Mars from 5 in 4 in pisces maybe also show the underground groups she built with other intellectuals to go against the contemporary politics.

the parents axis is implemented in the 2-8 axis opp neptun. It is also the extraordinary vega- sirius axis. sirius in 8 can make somebody famous (even) after death. She got together not so official, I think with extraordinary people (node) during crisis (8th house). neptun, they were political (saturn) outlaws she met in her country (4th house, cancer). opp Sun, Uranus, Mercury, they published a lot against the politics (Capricorn, Uranus, Mercury) and got also lots of public recognition (vega) after all. But what I most see in this sirius vega axis is her famous compangnion Sartre. He wrote philosophical textes, dramas (which he loved most) was political- revolotionary active and got a lot of public recognition (newspaper - vega), met fidel castro and che guevara. He was akind of leading not only intellectual, founder of a philosophy but also opinionleader. 2-8 show of course the philosophy of the existantialism (sun from 9 in 2 etc). His death was very recognited by lots of people (50.000 honored him at this day). Sartre was also nominated the nobel prize for literature, but which he refused.

markeb with saturn ruler from (2) 3rd house supports the spreading of written (also political related), in 4 mostly in her country. venus in 3rd shows her talent for writing and the matereialisation of it: art and philosophy ("science"), from 6 (she works with it, as a writer), but also her female helpers and secretaries which were also friends and supporters for her work (11). from 11 itr also shows the science of her writing.

MC- she defintely is famous for her philosophical "husband" sartre (trigon sun), her revolutionary writings (mercury, uranus). the quincux with venus is interesting. She got the critics for her feminism in her time, also the opposite, so I think she wished more acceptance, as quinkux are aspects of longing and desire, and something you can´t rely on it because of it´s changing.

her planets are dominated in the 2-8 axis which is a weak one and house 4. the fixed stars supported her. In fact the combination of her work and recognition with the fixed stars are a kind of showpiece. especially compared to sartre who has maybe only venus on Algol and Dc also near the critical degree 14° Aquarius. And as far for me he is a kind of enternally connected to the (intellectual) work against fascism of this time. Not to forget to mention that his mercury is on Polaris (sun saturn or vice versa - vehlow, robson saturn venus). Polaris doesn´t have a good reputataion but vehlow thinks that this could also be a star who transfers the Logos of the sun if you are capable of. The indians medidate on Polaris to get knowledge of the orbits of the planets.

Sartre has quite a lot in gemini in 7th house, so 3-9 axis. moon aquarius (Simone de beauvoir), venus in taurus in 5 (lots of affairs) and ruler of MC (he saw himself as writer of dramas). ruler of 9 mercury in his own sign gemini with Polaris in seven. (with sun and pluto) and a wide conj to neptun from 3rd house. (and Alhena -art, but also violence) nearest planet to the MC. (which gives the planet importance). A wide grand trigon with mars (war), saturn (politics) and neptun (writing).

(I hope you don´t mind the lenght. tried to make it a bit more neat)
From my point of view some things are seen very literally, unfortunately, so I am eagerly awaiting your ideas.

Last edited:

positive

Banned
Charts here

Attachments

• Simone de Beauvoir.gif
    Simone de Beauvoir.gif
    54.4 KB · Views: 24
  • J P Sartre.gif
    J P Sartre.gif
    55.3 KB · Views: 27

BobZemco

What I am interested is why she owned such important fixed stars and JP Sartre who is much more famous and respected in fact does not.

Sartre has Venus conjunct Menkar, which is a sudden display of conscious issues. Menkar is Venus/Saturn and Venus is in Taurus in the 5th and rules the MC.

The answer has nothing to do with fixed stars and more to do with the fact that her MC Ruler Mercury is Combust.

The symbolism here is that the energy and light of Mercury never gets to shine through the Sun, or perhaps the Sun obliterates the light of Mercury or you could look at it as her fame is overshadowed and not seen.

positive

Banned
I feel stupid, but I guess that was the aim.

no, thank you very much,
I believe you and my hair is electrified.

I also see it now clearlier that her aspectpicture is not so cool (srry) as satres´. simplier or so.

Last edited:

BobZemco

Stars that give lasting fame and notoriety are Aldebaran, Spica, Pollux, Antares, Alphecca and Regulus (basically the Royal Stars or Regal Stars). Typically they have to be rising (1st House) or culminating (10th House).

positive

Banned
do you also agree with sirius? zuben elschemali I carefully think also sometimes has an interesting influence.
it suggests a kind of pioneership, without intending popularity.

Last edited:

dr. farr

I believe that stars play a major role in correct natal delineation; I can point out one example I posted here on AW in the case of John Lennon and Betelgeuze, in the Natal Astrology section under the thread "Importance of declination in natal astrology" I consider it unfortunate that a much more extensive investigation of stellar influences is not generally undertaken in modernist and neo-traditionalist natal astrology (my personal opinion)

Last edited:

positive

Banned
well the fixed stars.. if you are capable of astrology, of what I think astrology is capable of then you don´t need fixed stars. they specify things, and you really look at them after all the other stuff. as I can´t predict I am a watcher of them to look ie, does the person have light stars, violent ones etc. sartre ie has formalhaut on saturn, and thats a religous, spiritual one and is connected to his venus (the menkar insight from BobZ was fantastic). He comes from an intellectual home and was in touch with people (in my country you say social, but I think it has another meesning in english, I am too lazy now looking it up): he felt with them (political, etc.) the german axis is 13°aquarius/leo (vehlow), and as I remember activated in his chart. I think he was high enlighted intellectually (he really tried something and made it good. as I wrote he actually wanted to be a writer not a philosoph.), although he also was emotionally cruel I can´t predict why he got finally influencing and popular, as same with simone de beauvoir. so I really have respect to people who have an idea on these things. much people have planets in ten houses etc. I will look on your john lennon thread. yes, and personally sirius is pissing me off. I was surprised that he doesn´t got any sirius in his birth chart. it still makes me wonder, and him more sympathic. It also works without the dog. I know declinations, but I don´t look them up because it think am not so mature for this. I also like bernadette brady which is availabe on astro.com (extended chart selection - spezial astrology- FS BB). but I just l o o k at them. yeah yeah I know, I am a dilletant, but watch out I know it. *left eyebrow up*

Last edited:

positive

Banned
Stars that give lasting fame and notoriety are Aldebaran, Spica, Pollux, Antares, Alphecca and Regulus (basically the Royal Stars or Regal Stars). Typically they have to be rising (1st House) or culminating (10th House).

never looked on alphecca but it is in the crown, very romantic. marc dutroux had it (have, I don´t care) on his AC with combusted mercury. (yeah now I look on combustion in a different way). know him? I think nobody will forget this one in the near future.

positive

Banned
I believe that stars play a major role in correct natal delineation; I can point out one example I posted here on AW in the case of John Lennon and Betelgeuze, in the Natal Astrology section under the thread "Importance of declination in natal astrology" I consider it unfortunate that a much more extensive investigation of stellar influences is not generally undertaken in modernist and neo-traditionalist natal astrology (my personal opinion)

I know some books and I want to burn them all. espec. one of them !! In psychology astrology which has now the power, it is considered that all people are angels, that there are only problems because of oneself and this esoteric stuff. there are no fixed stars which are interpreted in more classic ways.