Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Relational Issues

Horary Questions on Relational Issues For horary questions about relationships.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 02-01-2019, 08:31 AM
lux111 lux111 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 286
Please help.. what is Venus doing here?

I asked if our relationship will go well this year. We had some problems last year then had to spend 3 months apart bc of his work.. he’s just got back and it’s been good. I am optimistic but a bit nervous. I just want to either relax or prepare if there’s anything wrong.. can somebody please explain this chart to me?
https://imgur.com/a/6izTZ83

I’m Mercury, in Aquarius in the 8th, combust. Is that just my anxiety? He’s Jupiter, the ‘loyal husband’, just under the DC in his rulership but in my house of detriment, in Sagittarius the 6th
The moon just passed over Venus.. it’s in the 7th but in detriment in Capricorn.. so our relationship has been burdened bc of his work..? Saturn in Capricorn in the 7th I guess is a good sign for work and maybe relationship longevity

We sextile each other so I guess that’s a yes..? But I don’t understand what’s going on with Venus and Jupiter, and mutual reception via the moon? Please help

Also what is Mars (in its rulership) trining Venus and Jupiter about? At a guess I would say his work is a positive thing that will benefit him and our relationship..? As long as Venus doesn’t represent someone else


Last edited by lux111; 02-01-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 02-01-2019, 11:24 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,554
Re: Please help.. what is Venus doing here?

The answer to your question "Will our relationship go well this year?" is yes. Significators coming to a sextile.
Rather a short term question concerning a long term relationship.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 02-01-2019, 04:15 PM
lux111 lux111 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
The answer to your question "Will our relationship go well this year?" is yes. Significators coming to a sextile.
Rather a short term question concerning a long term relationship.
Thanks ElenaJ! That’s reassuring to me. Could you please explain what implies a long term relationship in the chart?
I know Saturn in the 7th isn’t exactly favourable and nor is Mercury combust.. does the sextile between significators trump those things..?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 02-01-2019, 04:27 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,554
Re: Please help.. what is Venus doing here?

"a long term relationship in the chart"
Not trying to be picky here, but the question was not about this, was it?
If you want to stretch the point, the moon is in its fall, early degree, and will conjunct Saturn, square mars and then conjunct the south moon's nodes. I would wait and ask the question about long time at another moment, when you are thinking specifically about that.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 02-01-2019, 05:20 PM
lux111 lux111 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
"a long term relationship in the chart"
Not trying to be picky here, but the question was not about this, was it?
If you want to stretch the point, the moon is in its fall, early degree, and will conjunct Saturn, square mars and then conjunct the south moon's nodes. I would wait and ask the question about long time at another moment, when you are thinking specifically about that.
Correct, I wasn’t asking about this, I was asking you.. why did you make the comment about it being a long term relationship? I don’t know if it will be or not, I’m not looking more than a year ahead right now.. i just want to know if we’re going to keep going and then pick up any other details the chart could tell me

Soo.. was your comment about a ‘short term question’ just sarcastic?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 02-01-2019, 05:30 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,554
Re: Please help.. what is Venus doing here?

Sorry, we apparently aren't understanding each other.
Do you mean when I wrote, "Rather a short term question concerning a long term relationship."?
This wasn't sarcasm.
What I wanted to say, perhaps having stated it badly for which I apologise, is that you are talking about a marriage if I understand correctly, no? Normally marriages last a lifetime, but you are asking about one year. I don't understand this. It would be more usual for someone to ask, "will we stay together." There's something here that eludes me. What is it that I'm not picking up on here?
PS. the use of sarcasm would be cruel to reply to someone, I would never use that as a form of reply. Sorry for the misinterpretation.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 02-01-2019, 05:41 PM
lux111 lux111 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Sorry, we apparently aren't understanding each other.
Do you mean when I wrote, "Rather a short term question concerning a long term relationship."?
This wasn't sarcasm.
What I wanted to say, perhaps having stated it badly for which I apologise, is that you are talking about a marriage if I understand correctly, no? Normally marriages last a lifetime, but you are asking about one year. I don't understand this. It would be more usual for someone to ask, "will we stay together." There's something here that eludes me. What is it that I'm not picking up on here?
PS. the use of sarcasm would be cruel to reply to someone, I would never use that as a form of reply. Sorry for the misinterpretation.
Ok thanks for clarifying. I’m not talking about a marriage, I see where I was unclear though: I just called Jupiter the ‘loyal husband’ because Lily says that if Jupiter is the significator for a man in a relational question (and especially if he’s in his own sign), then he is a trustworthy partner, honest man or loyal husband.
We are not married.. but perhaps one day.. we’ve been together just over a year only, and there are a lot of challenges like age/language difference and both living in our non-native country.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lux111 For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (02-01-2019)
  #8  
Unread 02-02-2019, 07:06 AM
besitos besitos is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 570
Re: Please help.. what is Venus doing here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux111 View Post
it’s been good. I am optimistic but a bit nervous. I just want to either relax or prepare if there’s anything wrong
seems like a terrible thing to do. enjoy the moment unless there is a reason not to.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to besitos For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (02-02-2019)
  #9  
Unread 02-02-2019, 07:34 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,554
Re: Please help.. what is Venus doing here?

Actually, the percentage of success in inter-cultural relationships increases when the couple lives in a third country, i.e. not in one of the countries where either was born.
Possibly because they are at that point both out of their known territory, and cultural differences between the two take on less importance, and they become united "against" the new culture.
Enjoy it while you have it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 02-02-2019, 09:10 AM
lux111 lux111 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by besitos View Post
seems like a terrible thing to do. enjoy the moment unless there is a reason not to.
Yes well that’s where the horary comes in, as in ‘is there anything wrong or is it just my anxiety’.. the old intuition vs fear debacle..
Perhaps I should have rephrased the question tbh
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 02-02-2019, 09:13 AM
lux111 lux111 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Actually, the percentage of success in inter-cultural relationships increases when the couple lives in a third country, i.e. not in one of the countries where either was born.
Possibly because they are at that point both out of their known territory, and cultural differences between the two take on less importance, and they become united "against" the new culture.
Enjoy it while you have it.
That’s an interesting fact, thanks for sharing it! It definitely rings true for us
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lux111 For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (02-02-2019)
  #12  
Unread 02-03-2019, 03:05 AM
besitos besitos is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 570
Re: Please help.. what is Venus doing here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux111 View Post
Yes well that’s where the horary comes in, as in ‘is there anything wrong or is it just my anxiety’.. the old intuition vs fear debacle..
Perhaps I should have rephrased the question tbh
no rephrasing. if you had a reason to be suspicious you could name it - you wouldn't have to check in the dark. If you have an intuitive feeling that there is something wrong - like cheating or something - then it would be something that would make more sense to ask. if things are fine - as you said - then you have "no reason" to ask.

of course you can ask "will something bad happen to the relationship in the future" which could essentially be the same as "will the relationship last", interpreted by 1st and 7th house rulers like so many others here. if you did have an intuition that something is wrong, then i guess you could rephrase it as such.

Last edited by besitos; 02-03-2019 at 03:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to besitos For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (02-03-2019)
Reply

Tags
venus

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.