Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.

Unread 04-01-2018, 01:27 PM

Insecurity

Does venus in detriment or fall for a woman and mars in detriment or fall for a man mean the person is insecure?

Unread 09-06-2018, 06:41 PM

Re: Insecurity

What sort of insecurity are we talking about?
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (09-07-2018)
Unread 09-07-2018, 03:59 AM

I wouldn't say so. I think insecurity would come more from hard aspects to the sun or moon from Saturn or one of the outer planets.

Venus in Scorpio is supposed to be the femme fatale of the zodiac. She maybe the jealous type, but that probably says more about how Venus is aspected.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 09-08-2018, 08:19 PM

Hi Abby. As Waybread says, not necessarily. And just to underline this, Venus in Taurus, or Libra can be insecure, and Mars in Aries, Scorpio or Capricorn certainly can!

Every planet/sign placement shows a particular function trying to operate according to a particular set of values and priorities. There is always the possibility of being afraid that this will not be successful.

Best wishes,

Miquar

Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks, page 118
The Following User Says Thank You to miquar For This Useful Post:
IleneK (09-08-2018)
Unread 09-22-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
I wouldn't say so. I think insecurity would come more from hard aspects to the sun or moon from Saturn or one of the outer planets.

Venus in Scorpio is supposed to be the femme fatale of the zodiac. She maybe the jealous type, but that probably says more about how Venus is aspected.
Hmmm. I know a lot of venus in scorpio women who have experienced sexual abuse and are insecure as a result.
Unread 09-23-2018, 03:26 AM

On the evening news tonight, there was a discussion of sexual abuse in America. The stats are that 1 in 5 women will be raped during their lifetime, 1 in 3 will be sexually assaulted short of rape. Nearly 2/3 of women who had been raped/assaulted never reported it. 99% of men accused of rape went free.

Venus in Scorpio has a reputation for jealousy. I think this is because, as a fixed sign, Venus in Scorpio is capable of tremendous passion and loyalty; but other signs are not so constituted.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 09-23-2018, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Does venus in detriment or fall for a woman and mars in detriment or fall for a man mean the person is insecure?
I'm a male and have Mars in Libra Detriment 5th House. It Conjunct Exalted Saturn, Pluto, Vertex and Jupiter too.
Mars pretty close too 6th Cusp.
I feel insecure materially may cos I'm not successful in career or work life.

Tags
insecurity